PDA

View Full Version : 9 back to backs

maverick1948
01-05-2013, 03:10 PM
In our 9 back to back games, 15 have been on the road. Only 3 have been at home. Always, 1 of the games has been on the road. So we are either playing 2 road games and have to travel between them or we are having to travel from home to another game or coming home for 2nd half of back to back. We have 8 more of these b2bs. 11 road games and 5 home. It also seems like we get rested teams on their court as part of the b2b. We stand at 26-9 for the first 35 games. With 47 left, if we split them 24-23, that would give us 50 wins. How many of you think we will only win 24 games the rest of the season? 34-12 gives us the prized 60 win season and with 17 of the last 24 at home, I see that happening. Great thing about having so many early season games, it gives Pop the opportunity to rest the team as a whole in March. Several times we have a game followed by 2 or 3 days off, followed by a day or 2 off again. Perfect time to rest the big 3.

If Stern, not saying he had anything to do with attempting to shaft the Spurs, thinks the schedule is going to hurt the Spurs, well, we know it hasnt.:rollin

:toast

5 Days for Blair-Neal decisions on guaranteed contracts.

tenbeersbold
01-05-2013, 03:31 PM
None of this matters,IF and a big IF the Spurs make it to the WCF,what makes you think the fix wont be in...
As obvious as it was last year,given whats happened this year,I see no reason to believe the Spurs will be allowed outta the West anyway...

Thats why I enjoy the regular season tbh well minus the Stern scheduled b2b 4 games in 5 days ending against elite teams that have been off for a few days TV showcases we've been set up twice for already

spurraider21
01-05-2013, 04:14 PM
No excuses about "the fix being in"

in last years wcf nobody outside the big 3 or jax could hit a shot. That's the problem

timvp
01-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Tbh, home-home back-to-backs are exceedingly rare in the regular season during non-lockout seasons. That said, the Spurs have had a ton of travel this season ... and they've seemed to have run into a lot of teams who had much more rest.

But again, it should even out -- in March, particularly.

AFBlue
01-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Pop should rest the big three in every one of those second games, I don't care if it's nationally televised against the Heat or locally televised against the Cavs...every one. They should rack up enough wins with their late season homestand to assume a loss in all of those, which isn't likely.

Mel_13
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM

The decision on Blair was made November 1st. As to Neal, there's no chance that he'll be cut.

chapnis
01-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah, Neal's contract is amazing value.

rascal
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
In our 9 back to back games, 15 have been on the road. Only 3 have been at home. Always, 1 of the games has been on the road. So we are either playing 2 road games and have to travel between them or we are having to travel from home to another game or coming home for 2nd half of back to back. We have 8 more of these b2bs. 11 road games and 5 home. It also seems like we get rested teams on their court as part of the b2b. We stand at 26-9 for the first 35 games. With 47 left, if we split them 24-23, that would give us 50 wins. How many of you think we will only win 24 games the rest of the season? 34-12 gives us the prized 60 win season and with 17 of the last 24 at home, I see that happening. Great thing about having so many early season games, it gives Pop the opportunity to rest the team as a whole in March. Several times we have a game followed by 2 or 3 days off, followed by a day or 2 off again. Perfect time to rest the big 3.

If Stern, not saying he had anything to do with attempting to shaft the Spurs, thinks the schedule is going to hurt the Spurs, well, we know it hasnt.:rollin

There is no Stern conspiracy to fix the schedule against the Spurs.

Have you looked at other teams schedules?

racm
01-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Tbh, home-home back-to-backs are exceedingly rare in the regular season during non-lockout seasons. That said, the Spurs have had a ton of travel this season ... and they've seemed to have run into a lot of teams who had much more rest.

But again, it should even out -- in March, particularly.

A double digit win streak in March isn't implausible IMO

tenbeersbold
01-06-2013, 07:01 AM
There is no Stern conspiracy to fix the schedule against the Spurs.

Have you looked at other teams schedules?
Hundreds of millions of dollars not to mention tv ratings,advertising rates,cable contracts etc all involved in that would prove your point wrong.It's really quite simple,follow the $$$.The NBA is sports entertainment,not the Olympics

tenbeersbold
01-06-2013, 07:03 AM

in last years wcf nobody outside the big 3 or jax could hit a shot. That's the problem
Sure,keep telling yourself that,Game 6 WCF was rigged .If you didn't see it,I can't help you

TE
01-06-2013, 07:11 AM
17 of the last 24 at home
I really hope we avoid the injury bug. Having that many home games to end the season should provide some ability to do that. If we are healthy going into the playoffs. Look out.

spurraider21
01-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Sure,keep telling yourself that,Game 6 WCF was rigged .If you didn't see it,I can't help you
sure, okc got good calls. keep in mind they were playing in OKC and home town calls are something you should think about too instead of crying about how the league is rigged. we weren't hitting shots in the 2nd half. thats got a lot to do with losing too

rascal
01-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Pop should rest the big three in every one of those second games, I don't care if it's nationally televised against the Heat or locally televised against the Cavs...every one. They should rack up enough wins with their late season homestand to assume a loss in all of those, which isn't likely.

Then they will be fined again and the Spurs don't want that. The Spurs won't be sitting all their players again.

rascal
01-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Hundreds of millions of dollars not to mention tv ratings,advertising rates,cable contracts etc all involved in that would prove your point wrong.It's really quite simple,follow the $$$.The NBA is sports entertainment,not the Olympics

Those are two different arguments. Yes Stern doesn't want to see the Spurs in the finals, but no he does not rig the schedule against them.

AFBlue
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Then they will be fined again and the Spurs don't want that. The Spurs won't be sitting all their players again.

I know. I stated what they should do, not what they will do.

thispego
01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
None of this matters,IF and a big IF the Spurs make it to the WCF,what makes you think the fix wont be in...
As obvious as it was last year,given whats happened this year,I see no reason to believe the Spurs will be allowed outta the West anyway...

Thats why I enjoy the regular season tbh well minus the Stern scheduled b2b 4 games in 5 days ending against elite teams that have been off for a few days TV showcases we've been set up twice for already

this dude knows what's up. pretty unfortunate the way the NBA is run these days.

exstatic
01-06-2013, 10:24 AM

I believe that Blair's was guaranteed out of training camp, per contract language. Neal isn't being cut.

thispego
01-06-2013, 10:25 AM

you're dumb as shit

temujin
01-06-2013, 11:19 AM
sure, okc got good calls. keep in mind they were playing in OKC and home town calls are something you should think about too instead of crying about how the league is rigged. we weren't hitting shots in the 2nd half. thats got a lot to do with losing too

Not to mention Spurs were staring at OKC's bench way too hard after hitting 3s. And losing balls out of bounds after beiing merely clubbered in the head. Can't expect to win games with those types of mistakes.

thispego
01-06-2013, 01:19 PM
:rolleyes seriously??? funny reading people's thoughts on basketball who have never actually played themselves :lol