PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Watching Dwight this season is a testament to just how great Kobe is

LakaFan
01-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Just a year ago, Dwight was considered by a lot of folks to be the 2nd best player in the league by many "pundits." There was a consensus "changing of the guard" mantra the media heads have been touting since the Lakers got swept by Dallas.

Lebron, Dwight, Durant and Rose were the new faces of the league, while "old man" Kobe was pushed to the side by many. They called him "washed up", "bone on bone", "no legs", "mangled hands" To be honest, I thought they were right, but watching Dwight play alongside Kobe this season is truly an eye opener. Wow....Kobe is so far above Dwight, and its not even close. This is a guy who played his best season nearly 6 years ago, has played 17 seasons, is in his mid-30's and has suffered serious injuries each year since 2008.

This is a guy who has played through really serious injuries each year, and yet Dwight with one injury does not even look like he belongs on the same court with Kobe. Seriously guys, Kobe is so far above Dwight as a player, its not even funny. This really makes me take a hard look at the other "stars" being pushed by the media? Are these guys really "stars?" Are they really that skilled? Or are they just supremely gifted athletes with some skill?

Do the refs really have the power to make these guys into "STARS". I really wonder what Lebron or KD will look like at 30 when they can no longer jump over everyone? I wonder what D Rose will look like after his injury? It makes me wonder if Lebron, KD, or any of these other "STARS" even belong in the same conversation as Kobe, KG, Tim Duncan, Dirk etc?

These guys were dominant and are still dominant despite losing all their athleticism. Kobe on the other hand is on a completely different level from KG, TD and Dirk, yet those guys in their prime would eat these present crop of "stars" alive. We just saw an aging Dirk destroy Lebron Bosh and Wade. Seriously, there is a reason Kobe is still considered by some to be the best player in the league today. If he got the calls these guys got, it wont even be a conversation.

rayjayjohnson
01-05-2013, 10:06 PM
cool story

Clipper Nation
01-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Seriously? You REALLY think Kobe isn't getting enough calls? :lmao

LakaFan
01-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Seriously? You REALLY think Kobe isn't getting enough calls? :lmao
No, you saw the game yesterday.

Ice009
01-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Who the fuck said that Dwight is the second best player in the league? That's never been true at any point. You're just making stuff up.

Thread is over before it even began.

SpursIndonesia
01-05-2013, 10:31 PM
LOL, Lakersground malcontent is bored and visiting ST. :lol

midnightpulp
Can't say I disagree. Kobe, for all his flaws, is a basketball player. Dwight is an ape who can jump real high and not much else. Honestly, Lakers would be wise to let him walk. He isn't a championship centerpiece, nor is he a player who can be "the future of a franchise." He's an "old" 27 years of age who's played nearly a decade in the NBA. By age 30, this guy will be a role player.

Kupcrap will throw the bank at him, though. After Kirby retires, they're going to need a marketable player who can sell jerseys to all the bean3rs.

irishock
:lmao

lefty
01-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Lol OP

Many considered Dwight to be the 2nd best player in the L ?

lefty
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
No, you saw the game yesterday.
We all watched the game and the refs didnt take away anything from Kobe

Halberto
01-05-2013, 10:41 PM
He's the leader of a roster full of all-stars yet they still maintain a losing record. :worthy:

LakaFan
01-05-2013, 10:43 PM
We all watched the game and the refs didnt take away anything from Kobe
Your takes are horrible so I wouldn't expect you to see the blown calls. That takes knowledge of the sport.

Black&Silver
01-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Nice copy and paste Faggot :lmao

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=154861

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 10:44 PM
For once, I can't shit on Kirby's offense this year. He's actually taking it to the rim and settling less for those long twos he loves so much. That said, I don't consider him anywhere close to being a legit MVP candidate since he doesn't play defense.

Clipper Nation
01-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Your takes are horrible so I wouldn't expect you to see the blown calls. That takes knowledge of the sport.

You're kidding, right? The refs were making up BS fouls against our bigs all night and giving the Lakers just about every call and no-call in the book... :lol

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 10:49 PM

Should've known this rant came from one of those faggots over there. The comment: "Kobe is on a completely different level from KG, TD, Dirk" should've been a dead giveaway.

That said, he's on point about Duh-white being overrated and in not in the same league as Bryant, a legitimate top 15 player of all-time.

DeadlyDynasty
01-05-2013, 10:51 PM
:lolThe fishin's been good

Clipper Nation
01-05-2013, 10:52 PM

He probably was the one who posted that shitful take over there, too :lol

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 10:55 PM
From that thread:

Gwyn - These folks need a dose of perspective. They need to respect the man for his sacrifices to our team.

:lol sacrifices

They worship that boy over there. The owners of the site should turn it into a fuckin' non-denominational religion so they can avoid paying taxes.

SpursIndonesia
01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Should've known this rant came from one of those faggots over there. The comment: "Kobe is on a completely different level from KG, TD, Dirk" should've been a dead giveaway.

That said, he's on point about Duh-white being overrated and in not in the same league as Bryant, a legitimate top 15 player of all-time.

told ya :lol

ElNono
01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
:lolThe fishin's been good

:lol

LakaFan
01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
You're kidding, right? The refs were making up BS fouls against our bigs all night and giving the Lakers just about every call and no-call in the book... :lol
Your bigs suck at defense so they are bound to foul.

Splits
01-05-2013, 11:23 PM
From that thread:

:lol sacrifices

They worship that boy over there. The owners of the site should turn it into a fuckin' non-denominational religion so they can avoid paying taxes.

:lol

I read their game threads when they're down 26 in the 3rd quarter (which is quite frequent) and there are like 10% of the posters who will dare criticize him and if they do the house comes down with "STFU Kobe-hating faggot!". Quite a tribe they've got going on over there. Watch out for a spike in Nike sales ala Heaven's Gate if they keep losing.

Amaso
01-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Being a superstar at the center position is vastly overrated in today's NBA. Kobe would be far better suited with another wing star like Russell Westbrook or Dwayne Wade or Tony Parker.

The problem with being a center is you can't always impact the game. You are often in foul trouble, you can't run plays through a center late in a game, and are too reliant on other players to get you the ball where you need it. You also become less of an asset if your team falls behind early in a game and are playing catchup. If there were 4 or 5 other great centers in the league, then Dwight's value would go up. Also, Dwight isn't remotely good enough as an iso/postup center so for him to be a star on a day in day out basis he needs a point guard or guard that is quick and is a threat to score off pick and rolls. Steve Nash can make the pass to Dwight, but at this point in Nash's career he really isn't a threat inside of 12 feet of the basket.

irishock
01-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Lol OP

Many considered Dwight to be the 2nd best player in the L ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-111018/nba-

Clipper Nation
01-05-2013, 11:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-111018/nba-

What a dumbass article... they also said CP3 was "too high" at #4, but in reality, he's at least the third best player in the league, probably even the second-best tbh... imho, Durant and CP3 are about equal in my book, but CP3's defense and overall playmaking ability might edge KD out though...

Splits
01-05-2013, 11:34 PM
KBH
Star Player
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/ranks/star_rank6_3.gif

http://forums.lakersground.net/templates/uberSTYLE/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=4966149#4966149)Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:10 pm Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

LAKERS WINNING IS ALL I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT. KOBE BEING THE "MYTHICAL" GOAT IN YOUR OWN MINDS IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO MOST OF YOU. WHAT A JOKE OF A FORUM!

Seriously. There are really many people on here who don't seem to mind that the Lakers are losing games as long as Kobe is scoring 30+ points on a career-high FG%. It's never been more clear that we need a Kobe Bryant forum on this board.

Oh the irony.

Splits
01-05-2013, 11:35 PM
What a dumbass article... they also said CP3 was "too high" at #4, but in reality, he's at least the third best player in the league, probably even the second-best tbh... imho, Durant and CP3 are about equal in my book, but CP3's defense and overall playmaking ability might edge KD out though...

The article was also before last year's playoffs / season

Brunodf
01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Watching Dwight this season is a testament to just how great Shaq is

Fixed

lefty
01-06-2013, 12:16 AM

Call me when you start to post some actual takes on bball :lol

Dxfactor
01-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Hey man...I'd appreciate if you don't rip my comment from lakersground without citing. This is my post, and the least you could do is post a link to the original post.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=154861&highlight=

Just a year ago, Dwight was considered by a lot of folks to be the 2nd best player in the league by many "pundits." There was a consensus "changing of the guard" mantra the media heads have been touting since the Lakers got swept by Dallas.

Lebron, Dwight, Durant and Rose were the new faces of the league, while "old man" Kobe was pushed to the side by many. They called him "washed up", "bone on bone", "no legs", "mangled hands" To be honest, I thought they were right, but watching Dwight play alongside Kobe this season is truly an eye opener. Wow....Kobe is so far above Dwight, and its not even close. This is a guy who played his best season nearly 6 years ago, has played 17 seasons, is in his mid-30's and has suffered serious injuries each year since 2008.

This is a guy who has played through really serious injuries each year, and yet Dwight with one injury does not even look like he belongs on the same court with Kobe. Seriously guys, Kobe is so far above Dwight as a player, its not even funny. This really makes me take a hard look at the other "stars" being pushed by the media? Are these guys really "stars?" Are they really that skilled? Or are they just supremely gifted athletes with some skill?

Do the refs really have the power to make these guys into "STARS". I really wonder what Lebron or KD will look like at 30 when they can no longer jump over everyone? I wonder what D Rose will look like after his injury? It makes me wonder if Lebron, KD, or any of these other "STARS" even belong in the same conversation as Kobe, KG, Tim Duncan, Dirk etc?

These guys were dominant and are still dominant despite losing all their athleticism. Kobe on the other hand is on a completely different level from KG, TD and Dirk, yet those guys in their prime would eat these present crop of "stars" alive. We just saw an aging Dirk destroy Lebron Bosh and Wade. Seriously, there is a reason Kobe is still considered by some to be the best player in the league today. If he got the calls these guys got, it wont even be a conversation.

ElNono
01-09-2013, 02:44 AM
Are you really here to claim ownership of that garbage? :lmao

Black&Silver
01-09-2013, 03:45 AM
Lol fighting over a piece of garbage that I did not read just noticed that each paragraph started with the same words and the topic was the same.

Btw you faggots still haven't figured out who I am on lakersground. Im putting Kobe Stans in their place and trolling them like no other.

sook
01-09-2013, 04:11 AM
this has to be one of the most deluded arguments I have ever heard. Its like vindicating Kobe from his team having a shitty record despite having so many good players to ...Kobe is so good in spite of so many good players on his team.

Trainwreck2100
01-09-2013, 04:16 AM
10/10 so many not recognizing OP as an obvious troll post
100/10 actual OP showing up

Sean Cagney
01-09-2013, 04:27 AM
LOL yeah he is sooooo damn good, he has talent around him and they are still losing! He chucks up more shots they lose more! Yep he is so damn good! He shoots more than 20 they lose, less they win more, yep he is so damn great! LOL at this thread.

ambchang
01-09-2013, 11:29 AM
No way that was the OP in LG. Nobody would show up and admit writing that retarded piece.

Clipper Nation
01-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey man...I'd appreciate if you don't rip my comment from lakersground without citing. This is my post, and the least you could do is post a link to the original post.

Tbh, you should be flattered that anyone would steal that shitful take...

Ace
01-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Holy shit he showed up to claim his post :lmao

midnightpulp
01-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Holy shit he showed up to claim his post :lmao

We officially own Lakersground.

Bill_Brasky
01-09-2013, 12:00 PM

:lmao are you actually proud to have written that?

CavsSuperFan
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Watching Kobe & Dwight this season is a testament to just how great Durant and LeBron are…

Ace
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
We officially own Lakersground.
The Suns officially own Lakersground... and their lottery pick :lol