PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight already taking shots at Kobe?

StrengthAndHonor
01-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Ramona Shelburne rAmonashelburne

I asked Dwight Howard if the Lakers
liked each other. He said, "We have play like we like each other."

Dwight: "Even if we don't
want to be friends off the court, when we step in between the lines, we have to
respect each other."

Dwight: "It really starts off the court. I think you have to have that
relationship and that chemistry off the court."

Ramona Shelburne
&#8207 rAmonashelburne

I asked the Q because of the way Dwight spoke about
the Clippers chemistry. "The Clippers grew to love each other and they play like
it."

Ramona Shelburne &#8207 rAmonashelburne

Asked Dwight if his
personality can bring people together? He said: "It can, but it takes
everybody's concerted effort to make it happen"

Ramona Shelburne
&#8207 rAmonashelburne

D'Antoni on Lakers struggles with pick-and-roll: "The
relationship between Steve and Dwight has got to get a lot better."

Dwight: "If you're an
alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male. Just be
who you are."

Dwight:
"It's not about making your mark or going around pissing everywhere. You don't
have to do that."

Dwight:
"My presence is felt every day and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl
at people."

Ramona Shelburne &#8207 rAmonashelburne

Dwight: "They
[teammates] like when I come in, have fun, and enjoy myself. If they can't do
it, it's not a great working environment."

These are jabs at Kobe IMHO.

Danny.Zhu
01-05-2013, 11:23 PM
:lmao

midnightpulp
01-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Lakers fans, are you tired of this clown yet?

irishock
01-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Kobe never fails to amaze me when he speaks :lol

Clipper Nation
01-05-2013, 11:34 PM
I asked the Q because of the way Dwight spoke about
the Clippers chemistry. "The Clippers grew to love each other and they play like
it."
Translation... :cry "Mitch, trade me to the Clippers!" :cry

ElNono
01-05-2013, 11:40 PM
Dwight just wants to be a likeable christian athlete :cry

Stalin
01-05-2013, 11:42 PM
You know me. I am a die hard homer Laker fan. I think they are going to the finals every year and I am right half the time. I think they are going to win those when they do and I am right half the time there too. Not a bad record over my lifetime if I so say so myself.

I think they have a great shot at winning it all. They are going to have a full camp for one. They brought Eddie Jordan to run the offense and are going Princeton. Regarless of what the butthurt Midget says, Nash and Howard were not lateral moves. Anyone stating so is a moron. I understand his motivation though. I find a lot of humor in it.

We improved the bench with Jamison. We resigned Hill who is a decent backup and only had a hanful of games with the team and did quite well. We could use one more backup shooter with range. I would actually welcome Barbosa as I see him as a good fit in a reserve roll. I don't think the Lakers are done.

Several points. Kobe is going to have to realize hes not going to get 25+ shots. I think he is finally at the point of his career that he will be willing to play a less ball dominant role. They have guys now that wont wilt under pressure and look to him to bail them out either. Well see. The Princeton offense is ideal for Pau's skills. He wilted last year with Bynum handling the ball more. I see a better year for him.

Howard was an ideal pickup with regards to the way the team is constructed as is. With Nash's well known less than stellar defence and Kobe getting slower Howards D is much better than Drews. Drew played decent help D and could clog the lanes. Teams figured it out and pulled him out on the switches and he got beat. Howard is a much better one on one defender and moves much quicker. On offense. Bynum has better post moves. Howard is a better pick and roll player and will get more hustle garbage points. What would you rather have with Nash and Kobe in the back court. It is not even close to a lateral move when considering the direction they are taking. Howard can run the floor a whole lot better than Drew too.

The Lakers have a sweet squad. Brown can concentrate on D. Eddie can take the offense. Kobe if he is smart will realize he will get more total points career wise by slowing down and playing less mins with this squad and extending his career maybe another year or two. Nash, Howard, and Jamison are all very hungry. We shall see. You always need luck and the injury gods to be on your side.

I really like our chances.

Sean Cagney
01-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Kobe has to be a complete and total asshole to play with lol, he just seems like a fucking selfish jerk who loves to have the spotlight. He should learn when he shoots more they lose lool, dude is such a damn ball hog.

Sean Cagney
01-05-2013, 11:46 PM
You know me. I am a die hard homer Laker fan. I think they are going to the finals every year and I am right half the time. I think they are going to win those when they do and I am right half the time there too. Not a bad record over my lifetime if I so say so myself.

I think they have a great shot at winning it all. They are going to have a full camp for one. They brought Eddie Jordan to run the offense and are going Princeton. Regarless of what the butthurt Midget says, Nash and Howard were not lateral moves. Anyone stating so is a moron. I understand his motivation though. I find a lot of humor in it.

We improved the bench with Jamison. We resigned Hill who is a decent backup and only had a hanful of games with the team and did quite well. We could use one more backup shooter with range. I would actually welcome Barbosa as I see him as a good fit in a reserve roll. I don't think the Lakers are done.

Several points. Kobe is going to have to realize hes not going to get 25+ shots. I think he is finally at the point of his career that he will be willing to play a less ball dominant role. They have guys now that wont wilt under pressure and look to him to bail them out either. Well see. The Princeton offense is ideal for Pau's skills. He wilted last year with Bynum handling the ball more. I see a better year for him.

Howard was an ideal pickup with regards to the way the team is constructed as is. With Nash's well known less than stellar defence and Kobe getting slower Howards D is much better than Drews. Drew played decent help D and could clog the lanes. Teams figured it out and pulled him out on the switches and he got beat. Howard is a much better one on one defender and moves much quicker. On offense. Bynum has better post moves. Howard is a better pick and roll player and will get more hustle garbage points. What would you rather have with Nash and Kobe in the back court. It is not even close to a lateral move when considering the direction they are taking. Howard can run the floor a whole lot better than Drew too.

The Lakers have a sweet squad. Brown can concentrate on D. Eddie can take the offense. Kobe if he is smart will realize he will get more total points career wise by slowing down and playing less mins with this squad and extending his career maybe another year or two. Nash, Howard, and Jamison are all very hungry. We shall see. You always need luck and the injury gods to be on your side.

So you are a Lakers fan and Heat fan? It says your team is Heat and your sign up there is Heat! I see what you are saying though, you are a good fan and see things in a good light no matter how slim your shots are at winning it all and stay positive it seems. I see it as they are old and lack chemistry and might make a run later but won't win a title nor be a top 4 seed out West. LA can make a run though, I never count them out. LOL at Kobe taking less of a role though or thinking he is ready for that, he will just shoot more to try to will them to win whether he realizes it's a problem or not.

Splits
01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
This is what I expect to hear coming out of the mouth from an aboriginal spearchucker or someone like Abaka. Dude is duuummmmmbbb

ElNono
01-05-2013, 11:50 PM
So you are a Lakers fan and Heat fan? It says your team is Heat and your sign up there is Heat! I see what you are saying though, you are a good fan and see things in a good light no matter how slim your shots are at winning it all and stay positive it seems. I see it as they are old and lack chemistry and might make a run later but won't win a title nor be a top 4 seed out West. LA can make a run though, I never count them out. LOL at Kobe taking less of a role though or thinking he is ready for that, he will just shoot more to try to will them to win whether he realizes it's a problem or not.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202116&p=6067333&viewfull=1#post6067333

Stalin
01-05-2013, 11:51 PM

We only care about chanpionships. Very true. My comments here are simply to point out your obsession and complete insecurity when it come to the Lakers. Mission accomplished.

Take care!

Stalin
01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202116&p=6067333&viewfull=1#post6067333

brah, why you have to ruin it for me? just as i catch one :(

djohn2oo8
01-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Damn, Dwight taking more shots than he gets in a game :lol

ElNono
brah, why you have to ruin it for me? just as i catch one :(

baseline bum
LOL Bible Kemp missing that part of the good book that says to love thy teammate. How can one constantly thump his bible when he has yet to develop the skill of reading?

Stalin
01-05-2013, 11:57 PM
:lol:lol:lol

timvp
01-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Damn, those are some blatant shots at Euro Mamba, tbh.

Calispursfan11
01-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Monkey Dwight just marking territory.

SpursIndonesia
01-06-2013, 01:18 AM

Cobbler, right ? :lol

NRHector
01-06-2013, 01:20 AM

poor Cobbler didn't know any better :lol

Stalin
01-06-2013, 01:26 AM
^ indeed :lol

Splits
01-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Kirbs talks about all of his "sacrifices" (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8817247/dwight-howard-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other) while equating himself to Jordan:

"That was a different dynamic. Shaq and I were a different dynamic," Bryant said. "That type of duo, you're not going to find another duo like that ever. There were other duos that were better than us, (Scottie) Pippen and (Michael) Jordan. But you'll never find a duo with two dominant personalities like myself and Shaquille. That was kind of a once-in-a-lifetime thing."

Looking back on those years, Bryant said he's amazed the peace held as long as it did.

"That just wasn't going to last," he said, laughing. "You have too many alpha males. What do you think would happen if you put Jordan with Wilt? It's just not going to happen."

"One of them has to sacrifice. I sacrificed quite a bit with individual numbers and MVPs and NBA Finals and all this other stuff."Phil (Jackson) used to come to us as a team and let me take over in the march to the Finals. Then in the Finals against Eastern Conference teams that had true centers, we went through Shaq. Those are things I was willing to sacrifice. You have to have that sacrifice to make that dynamic work."

But he's better than Jordan because he sacrificed and MJ didn't. Or something.

Sean Cagney
01-06-2013, 02:02 AM
We only care about chanpionships. Very true. My comments here are simply to point out your obsession and complete insecurity when it come to the Lakers. Mission accomplished.

Take care!

I am sorry I don't read every F in post on this board nor know all the inside jokes man. how the hell would I know some other idiot said that bs lol. Now that I see the human jackass himself said that, good lord what a fucking idiot.

Stalin
01-06-2013, 02:12 AM
I am sorry I don't read every F in post on this board nor know all the inside jokes man. how the hell would I know some other idiot said that bs lol. Now that I see the human jackass himself said that, good lord what a fucking idiot.

its ok scrah, just the dangers of coming downstairs, i guess :lol

Sean Cagney
01-06-2013, 02:20 AM
its ok scrah, just the dangers of coming downstairs, i guess :lol

LOL TRUE TRUE! I had no clue wtf you were talking about, then read his trash. What A F IN IDIOT HE IS, I AM SERIOUS.

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 02:36 AM
Kirbs talks about all of his "sacrifices" (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8817247/dwight-howard-says-los-angeles-lakers-play-each-other) while equating himself to Jordan:

But he's better than Jordan because he sacrificed and MJ didn't. Or something.

Jesus Christ, the guy is seriously narcissistic and deluded, even more so than I originally thought. Every great player who's ever been on a championship team has had to make "sacrifices." Typically, a championship team will have another great player along with good role players, so obviously your individual numbers are going to take a hit since shot distribution will be more spread out, and there might be times when your team can exploit a matchup through a lesser player because the opposing team can defend your team's first option more effectively (see Spurs vs. Cleveland in '07 NBA Finals). This is something Kobe has never seemed to grasp in his 17 year career.

The '04 Finals was a good example. Shaq was destroying Wallace and Wallace while Kobe was getting locked down by Tayshun Prince, but Kobe was so fuckin' determined to win his first Finals MVP, he just kept on shooting.

There's a reason they went through Shaq. He was the better player.

In addition to that, it's funny to hear him talk about "sacrificing" his game to accommodate Shaq when Shaq would often oblige if Kobe had a huge matchup advantage on the perimeter, like against the pre-Bowen era Spurs. With Duncan and Robinson, the Spurs were able to contain Shaq, but had no answer for Bryant on the wing. Shaq (and Jackson) understood this and ran more of the offense through Bryant, resulting in one of the best series of Bryant's career in the '01 WCF.

Stalin
01-06-2013, 03:09 AM
LOL TRUE TRUE! I had no clue wtf you were talking about, then read his trash. What A F IN IDIOT HE IS, I AM SERIOUS.

lol i know brah, the dude's a fucking idiot :toast

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Jesus Christ, the guy is seriously narcissistic and deluded, even more so than I originally thought. Every great player who's ever been on a championship team has had to make "sacrifices." Typically, a championship team will have another great player along with good role players, so obviously your individual numbers are going to take a hit since shot distribution will be more spread out, and there might be times when your team can exploit a matchup through a lesser player because the opposing team can defend your team's first option more effectively (see Spurs vs. Cleveland in '07 NBA Finals). This is something Kobe has never seemed to grasp in his 17 year career.

The '04 Finals was a good example. Shaq was destroying Wallace and Wallace while Kobe was getting locked down by Tayshun Prince, but Kobe was so fuckin' determined to win his first Finals MVP, he just kept on shooting.

There's a reason they went through Shaq. He was the better player.

In addition to that, it's funny to hear him talk about "sacrificing" his game to accommodate Shaq when Shaq would often oblige if Kobe had a huge matchup advantage on the perimeter, like against the pre-Bowen era Spurs. With Duncan and Robinson, the Spurs were able to contain Shaq, but had no answer for Bryant on the wing. Shaq (and Jackson) understood this and ran more of the offense through Bryant, resulting in one of the best series of Bryant's career in the '01 WCF.

Why are we all so concerned with Kobe? Why the fascination with this guy? Everyday it seems like we live, eat, and breathe Kobe....we can't get enough of Kobe...he's in our dreams and nightmares...every waking moment...we live and die for this guy....

Question Spur fan....is this Kobe derangement or is it just a matter of us all being extremely GAY :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Lakers fans, are you tired of this clown yet?

yes...Cully was right about Dwight....but in retrospect it was good that we unloaded glass knees when we did...Dwight wants the ball MORE but what is he going to do when he gets it...:lol and....and...and....will he even still be qualified to be in the game to get the ball :lol...he's proving to be so not worth a MAX contract...to be honest and I'm not kidding I think Duncan would be better suited playing with Kobe these next couple of yrs than this clown Dwight...

Dwight is turning Shaq into the Big Propheteer

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Why are we all so concerned with Kobe? Why the fascination with this guy? Everyday it seems like we live, eat, and breathe Kobe....we can't get enough of Kobe...he's in our dreams and nightmares...every waking moment...we live and die for this guy....

Question Spur fan....is this Kobe derangement or is it just a matter of us all being extremely GAY :lol

Looked who finally showed up. How'd like that ass whooping at the hands of little brother?

Speaking of Kobe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DnMd0lVeic

Made a meal outta the Mamba.

Spurs9
01-06-2013, 09:16 AM
:cry Howards Mulsanne making kobe and team jealous off the court.
http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/a804db8335a5ec52ab6aa258ac4d5a2a/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/RIDES/2012/08/2_joewo.jpg

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Looked who finally showed up. How'd like that ass whooping at the hands of little brother?

Speaking of Kobe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DnMd0lVeic

Made a meal outta the Mamba.

CP3 had a good game but let's not be intellectually honest here...

Kobe typically gives guys those shots and CP3 just hit them...but the bigger question should be...why was Kobe guarding CP3...it goes to by bigger point that Kobe is asked to do it all and no one gives him the credit he deserves...No way he should be guarding Steve's man...and if's he is indeed expected to guard Nash's man and help facilitate the offense..please don't tell me that he needs to pass the ball to Dwight who can't stay out of foul trouble and who has no low post game...don't tell me he needs to pass to Gasol who as a 7 fter plays no defense and really at this point in his career should be in the D-leagues...Nash hasn't lived up to his facilitating expectations so Kobe to me it seems is playing on an Island right now...he's passing alright but no one is helping...he shouldn't have to be doing this shit at this stage of his career...but do you realize how embarrassing the losses would be if Kobe wasn't Kobe....we'd be getting blown out by 20 every night....Kobe needs just a little help and if you're objective enough to look at this thing from a basketball POV you'd clearly see he's not getting the help from Dwight, Nash, and especially Gasol that he needs in order for us to win...

if you don't agree with me you're just full of BS

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:29 AM
CP3 had a good game but let's not be intellectually honest here...

Kobe typically gives guys those shots and CP3 just hit them...but the bigger question should be...why was Kobe guarding CP3...it goes to by bigger point that Kobe is asked to do it all and no one gives him the credit he deserves...No way he should be guarding Steve's man...and if's he is indeed expected to guard Nash's man and help facilitate the offense..please don't tell me that he needs to pass the ball to Dwight who can't stay out of foul trouble and who has no low post game...don't tell me he needs to pass to Gasol who as a 7 fter plays no defense and really at this point in his career should be in the D-leagues...Nash hasn't lived up to his facilitating expectations so Kobe to me it seems is playing on an Island right now...he's passing alright but no one is helping...he shouldn't have to be doing this shit at this stage of his career...but do you realize how embarrassing the losses would be if Kobe wasn't Kobe....we'd be getting blown out by 20 every night....Kobe needs just a little help and if you're objective enough to look at this thing from a basketball POV you'd clearly see he's not getting the help from Dwight, Nash, and especially Gasol that he needs in order for us to win...

if you don't agree with me you're just full of BS

I don't disagree with that, honestly, and have actually been giving Kobe props all year for his efficient shooting. I'm glad you Laker homers finally realize how overrated Dwight Howard is and how all these so-called "blockbuster" transactions that had you people soaking the forum in jizz all Summer were essentially lateral moves, which I predicted they would be. Nash is old, worn down, and couldn't stop cobbler from rolling in 30, while Duh-White is the least fundamentally sound superstar in the league, a mental midget, can't make freethrows, and will probably never regain the athleticism he once had. Meanwhile, the Lakers still have no depth.

Just a horribly constructed roster, especially now under D'Antoni's system.

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:31 AM
So my advice to you, Kool, is forget about number 6 and just enjoy watching your hero score 30 every night, because the scoring title is the only thing Kirby has a chance to win this year.

Killakobe81
01-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Paul was the best player in that game but Kobe was close he played good focused, defense for one of the first times all season but Paul is that good. All those highlights show is how bad Lakers need a perimeter defender. Funny thing is Lakers are not that far away ...from what I thought, a borderline WCF contender ...They just need another shooter and a strong wing defender. Nash always had a raja Bell, Marion or grant hill or Dudley to defend the guys he could not. Makes no sense to have Kobe do it ...

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Paul was the best player in that game but Kobe was close he played good focused, defense for one of the first times all season but Paul is that good. All those highlights show is how bad Lakers need a perimeter defender. Funny thing is Lakers are not that far away ...from what I thought, a borderline WCF contender ...They just need another shooter and a strong wing defender. Nash always had a raja Bell, Marion or grant hill or Dudley to defend the guys he could not. Makes no sense to have Kobe do it ...

That was actually my prediction at the beginning of the season. Despite Mike Brown's lack of initial success, his system made sense for this older, bigger roster that should be playing games that end up in the 90s rather than in the 110s. Notice how the Lakers made their comeback when the game was slowed down when the Clippers started to hack Howard?

Unless a major move is made to acquire players who better complement fun-n-gun, they'll be lucky to make it out of the 1st round.

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I don't disagree with that, honestly, and have actually been giving Kobe props all year for his efficient shooting. I'm glad you Laker homers finally realize how overrated Dwight Howard is and how all these so-called "blockbuster" transactions that had you people soaking the forum in jizz all Summer were essentially lateral moves, which I predicted they would be. Nash is old, worn down, and couldn't stop cobbler from rolling in 30, while Duh-White is the least fundamentally sound superstar in the league, a mental midget, can't make freethrows, and will probably never regain the athleticism he once had. Meanwhile, the Lakers still have no depth.

Just a horribly constructed roster, especially now under D'Antoni's system.

I think if we played with the same level of energy we did against the Clips then we might squeak by with an 8th seed...but I see us as constructed (if we make the play-offs) losing in the 1st round...I knew Nash was washed up..I could tell by how he rested in Phoenix at the end of last season...so while I was glad we got him I didn't expect the same 06-09 production...I really wanted us to land Goran Dragic I thought he would have been a better fit...I thought Dwight would rebound and be strong...I never "really" watched him play before.... outside of us beating them in the finals.... so this is a surprise to me.

Dwight's weak game, Nash virtually playing like Steve Blake, Gasol completely falling off the farm..Ron Artest shooting like he's Reggie Miller, ...the Spurning of Phil Jackson...we're in deep doo-doo right now.

we need a major trade with Gasol and Artest likely going out...we're stuck with Nash...

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 09:52 AM
So my advice to you, Kool, is forget about number 6 and just enjoy watching your hero score 30 every night, because the scoring title is the only thing Kirby has a chance to win this year.

for now I can only agree

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 09:54 AM

well to be honest a prime Kobe would have shut CP3 down on the perimeter...so CP3 should be taking advantage of this version of Kobe...but real basketball purists know if this had been in Kobe's prime this wouldn't even be a conversation...

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:56 AM
for now I can only agree

He's amazing offensively this year. I ain't gonna hate.

Killakobe81
01-06-2013, 09:56 AM
That was actually my prediction at the beginning of the season. Despite Mike Brown's lack of initial success, his system made sense for this older, bigger roster that should be playing games that end up in the 90s rather than in the 110s. Notice how the Lakers made their comeback when the game was slowed down when the Clippers started to hack Howard?

Unless a major move is made to acquire players who better complement fun-n-gun, they'll be lucky to make it out of the 1st round.

Mine too ...I never once picked us to win a title but this looks bad ...but LeBron is winning it anyways as long as he is healthy and Wade gives them at least 75% of what he was

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Mine too ...I never once picked us to win a title but this looks bad ...but LeBron is winning it anyways as long as he is healthy and Wade gives them at least 75% of what he was

If NY is healthy down the stretch Lebron won't be getting to #2 anytime soon...what you fail to realize is NY now has something they've never had...guard play that can actually produce...and with Jason Kidd's leadership I give them the edge...I think Kidd is much smarter than Wade even though not as athletic...

NY's front court is too much and NY just has the right compliment of bench and role players....and face it...Melo is a beast...when Lebron actually is faced with a player like Melo that he can't do anything with he's rendered mute....I think you're completely misjudging how the east will play out..Basketball is all about match-ups and NY has Miami's number..just like Miami has got Bostons...

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM

so you're a spur and laker fan?

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
If NY is healthy down the stretch Lebron won't be getting to #2 anytime soon...what you fail to realize is NY now has something they've never had...guard play that can actually produce...and with Jason Kidd's leadership I give them the edge...I think Kidd is much smarter than Wade even though not as athletic...

NY's front court is too much and NY just has the right compliment of bench and role players....and face it...Melo is a beast...when Lebron actually is faced with a player like Melo that he can't do anything with he's rendered mute....I think you're completely misjudging how the east will play out..Basketball is all about match-ups and NY has Miami's number..just like Miami has got Bostons...
the mitch experiment aint working sugar bun

Ace
01-06-2013, 10:42 AM

NY's front court? :lol

The Knicks are good regular season team with the ECFs as their ceiling. Wade is getting healthy and finding his shot as evident by LkrFan's lack of posting. :lol

StrengthAndHonor
01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
I think if we played with the same level of energy we did against the Clips then we might squeak by with an 8th seed...but I see us as constructed (if we make the play-offs) losing in the 1st round...I knew Nash was washed up..I could tell by how he rested in Phoenix at the end of last season...so while I was glad we got him I didn't expect the same 06-09 production...I really wanted us to land Goran Dragic I thought he would have been a better fit...I thought Dwight would rebound and be strong...I never "really" watched him play before.... outside of us beating them in the finals.... so this is a surprise to me.

Dwight's weak game, Nash virtually playing like Steve Blake, Gasol completely falling off the farm..Ron Artest shooting like he's Reggie Miller, ...the Spurning of Phil Jackson...we're in deep doo-doo right now.

we need a major trade with Gasol and Artest likely going out...we're stuck with Nash...

That $9 million salary is really going to hurt next year. Lakers shouldve kept Ramon Sessions and those draft picks and the very valuable TPE they gave up for Nash. All those could be packaged with Gasol. Now the Lakers are stuck with Pau.

StrengthAndHonor
01-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Lakers are 1-2 good young players from contending. Jason Maxiell, Ariza, Okafor. These guys will be good under the Lakers system. They need Ron though, he's about the only perimeter who really puts an effort defensively and he's been pretty good with efficiency this year.

Problem is they don't have any assets.

ElNono
01-06-2013, 11:01 AM
so you're a spur and laker fan?

last thing I will ever say to you on this entire forum as long as it exists

dude I hope you die a slow painful death after being fucked up the ass by prison homos with 12 foot dicks

You really are everything that has ever been wrong with the entire fucking world. You sell out a guy you hang out with in person just to impress people you’ve never met that you play Madden with.

Well I hope your status in the Madden crew is tight. Hope all the blue-named Mavs fans you play Madden with, with your precious colts see you as a down ass white boy for giving them our real names, and all that info they kept trolling us with back in april.

Cuz it’s really probably that they learned all that private shit from some other poster on this site, right?

You are a fucking walking zombie, because regardless of anything you ever do in this life, you’re always going to know that you sold out a great person just to impress XBOX Madden Mavericks fags.

That is what you did. You fucked over someone you had real people interactions with just to gain status on the fucking internet. You are a piece of shit and I hope the next person on spurstalk that turns up dead is you.

And what’s REALLY REALLY FUNNY is that you might have seen our pictures and act all tough guy but you actually know jack shit about us. Nothing other than our names. I told mike from day 1 he was stupid to hang out with you especially after he told me what a fucking walking acoustic guitar playing junkie you were.

But after this, after your shallow actions possibly leading to this bull shit…you best believe you will have the ability to shove a shank up my gooch. Because I never roll alone and you truly do not know any of us.
I cannot recognize you but if anyone I am with in Austin ever sees your ass we will follow you home and we will fucking destroy you.

Have fun playing Madden with that choker Peyton and always remember you sold out a real life friend for internet mavs props.

Fuck you and I hope you burn in hell.

BlackSwordsMan
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
well that was uncalled for
jesus

Clipper Nation
01-06-2013, 11:19 AM
but the bigger question should be...why was Kobe guarding CP3...it goes to by bigger point that Kobe is asked to do it all and no one gives him the credit he deserves...No way he should be guarding Steve's man...
Kobe ASKED to guard CP3 actually, so the only one who's full of bullshit here is you....

djohn2oo8
01-06-2013, 11:58 AM
When told of Bryant's quotes, characterizing himself as sacrificing during the O'Neal era, Howard asked for clarification.

"He took a back seat?" Howard asked. "I was super young, so I really don't remember too much from those championship runs."

:rollin

NRHector
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
jesus

He's doing copypaste from other threads :lmao

Ace
01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
jesus
Fuck you asshole

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Kobe ASKED to guard CP3 actually, so the only one who's full of bullshit here is you....

it would be nice if you tried harder to show intellect...even if you could prove Kobe asked...:lol Kobe asking to guard CP3 has nothing to do with the obvious inference that he shouldn't be...whether he shut him down or not....it's not his position and goes further to my point..ok smart guy :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
When told of Bryant's quotes, characterizing himself as sacrificing during the O'Neal era, Howard asked for clarification.

"He took a back seat?" Howard asked. "I was super young, so I really don't remember too much from those championship runs."

:rollin

Listen Howard has done nothing in this league except get his ass handed to him the finals by Kobe....if this clown doesn't ring with Kobe the next two yrs he NEVER will...when he's done something to earn respect in LA then maybe maybe we'll consider his opinion but right now dude is nothing but straight up clown material

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM
^ on and off the court...

dunkman
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Kobe has tremendous respect for Nash, not so much for the others . . .

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
the mitch experiment aint working sugar bun

sugar buns? you just asking to get bitch slapped...:lol my buns are anything but sugary :lol but they are tight :lol

but seriously Mitch gonna have to pull out something spectacular to salvage this mess of a season...if not his whole career along with Jim Buss will go down in flames as massive Front Office failure....massive failure...they better do something and do something fast even if it's the bullshit trade to Toronto they need to at least save face from this disaster

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Kobe has tremendous respect for Nash, not so much for the others . . .

I agree...if we could get a serviceable back-up PG then Nash could likely flip the switch come play-off time...but I think midget is right...Kobe has no respect for Dwight...in fact when he first told Dwight that he would eat 3rd behind him and Gasol that was pretty much spot on...but what Kobe didn't expect is that both them niggas Dwight and Gasol would pussy out like this...shit is wild...Dwight is calling for the ball but when he gets it that bastard don't do shit with it...people clowning Dwight out there...and Gasol just is flat out a pussy...he's shooting 3's and shit this shit would be fucking hilarious if not downright sad. :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 01:12 PM
One last thing..I think Dwight is jealous of Jordan Hill..I've gotten that Vibe all season...Hill brings it and Dwight doesn't...I picked this comment up from Lakers ground and it sort of confirms my suspicions.

Dwight can't say anything about creating or maintaining team chemistry; it's your actions that should speak volumes. Was I the only one that saw the play last night when Howard got an offensive board and foul while in the process Jordan Hill twisted his ankle and went to the ground. Howard standing over him just turned arou d & went to the line. I believe it was Kobe & Metta or Meeks that eventually came over and helped him up. It's the little things that makes a team a team. Like most things your ACTIONS will speak louder than your words.

When they helped him up, Kobe asked him: “Can you walk it off? I need you.” (He tried for a moment to walk it off.)

I think Kobe already knows what I know..Dwight is half assing it until he signs his Mega deal...Kobe doesn't respect that...

BUMP
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM
You know me. I am a die hard homer Laker fan. I think they are going to the finals every year and I am right half the time. I think they are going to win those when they do and I am right half the time there too. Not a bad recod over my lifetime if I so say so myself.

I thin they have a great shot at winning it all. They are going to have a full camp for one. They brought Eddie Jordan to run the offense and are going Princeton. Regarless of what the butthurt Midget says, Nash and Howard were not lateral moves. Anyone stating so is a moron.

We improved the bench with Jamison. We resigned Hill who is a decent backup and only had a hanfull of games with the team and did quite well. We could use one mor backup shooter with range. I would actually welcome Barbosa as I see him as a good fit in a reserve roll. I don't think the Lakers are done.

Several points. Kobe is going to have to realize hes not going to get 25+ shots. I think he is finally at the point of his career that he will be willing to play a less ball dominant. They have guys now that wont will uder pressure and llok to him to bail them out either. Well see. The Princeton offense is ideal for Pau's skills. He wilted last year with Bynum handling the ball more. I see a better year for him.

Howard was an ideal pickup with regards to the way the team is constructed as is. With Nash's well known less than stellar defence and Kobe getting slower Howards D is much better than Drews. Drew played decent help D and could clog the lanes. Teams figured it out and pulled him out on the switches and he got beat. Howard is a much better one on one defender and moves much quicker. On offense. Bynum has better post moves. Howard is a better pick and roll player and will get more hustle garbage points. What would you rather have with Nash and Kobe in the back court. It not even close to a lateral move when considering the direction they are taking.

The Lakers have a sweet squad. Brown can concentrate on D. Eddie can take the offense. Kobe if he is smart will realize he will bet more total points career wise by slowing down and playing less mins with this squad and extending his career maybe another year or two. Nash, Howard, and Jamison are all very hungry. We hall see. You always need luck and the injury gods to be on your side.

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 03:02 PM
more great quotes from LG concerning Dwight..and I agree with them all:

There are way too many signs that scream Dwight isn't a franchise cornerstone.

1. I have never seen him "in the zone". Whether it be offensively, defensively, or just possessing extreme focus. I have never seen Dwight take over a game.

2. He is a big play baby. The laughing and kidding around are defensive mechanisms that he uses to mask the fact that in order for him to be dominant, he is gonna have to make someone hate his guts. Dwight wants to be everyone's fantasy friendship love pal so he will never be great.

3. I went back and looked at how the Magic were built. Dwight was basically Tyson Chandler 2.0.... Hedo and Jameer ran that team. They made the decisions and handled all the play-making responsibilities. J-Rich and Rashard shot lights out and kept defenses from attacking Dwight's weakness.

4. Dwight has been playing far too long not to have a "go to move" or "patent shot". This the same issue that forced Shaq to retire. But with Dwight, it's more glaring because he isn't the physical force Shaq was.

Going into this new CBA agreement with Dwight locked up as a franchise cornerstone will cripple us for 6-7 years. Committing long-term to Dwight is a mistake that will haunt us every post-season.

ive never seen a player stripped so often. Never knew it was possible for a nba big to get stripped like that. If there were a stat, i'd say he gets stripped 40 percent of the time making his move. kwame came close but even he got off his shot quick

Dwight will never be successful with Kobe because Kobe pushes him. Now I completely understand why Dwight hated Stan Van Gundy. Stan pushed Dwight and probably expected him to be transcendent. Dwight ain't having that mess!

it is fair to say there is a 99% chance Kobe views Dwight as a big child. I will never forget when Kobe ripped that rebound from Dwight in the Finals. Dwight was like "Damn Kobe, why you getting all serious" in his eye the rest of that series.

Kobe will trust you as long as you aren't full of poop. I think people forget everything Kobe has seen during his career.
Kobe respects great talent and he has been around enough of it to know when a player is full of poop! Dwight is full of poop.

This one right here is my fave :lol

You just have to lower your expectations of what Dwight is. He is not the next coming of Shaq or a guy who can create 20 decent shots for himself. He is kind of like a less intense, more athletic Alonzo Mourning. If Dwight would actually focus on being a defensive and rebounding menace and stop worrying about touches and displaying his rudimentary offensive skills, we would realize how much of a game-changer this guy is.

:lol

I dont know why he's a SuperStar to be honest. He can rebound and block shots no doubt, but thats pretty much it. He is the worst offensive player ever for a so calld Super Star. His mechanics are robotic and ugly. Everything he does with the ball does not look fluid at all.

When he gets the ball i just cringe cause its either going to be a turn over or a badly missed shot most of the time.

he's 27 and has pretty much no offensive game. He talks about not passing the ball, but when they give him the ball he turns it over. Then looks at his hands like they betrayed him or something.

I agree. Dwight can go. He is exactly as Kobe said, he's his Tyson Chandler. At least Tyson knows how to roll to the basket without fumbling the ball like an idiot or getting stripped.

Trade Howard for deron move Pau back to center and play deron at the 2 Kobe at the 3

Dwight is the epitome of empty stats. I agree with Shaq... Dwight doesn't dominate the way he should. Superstars impact the game EQUALLY in at least three aspects. Dwight does not do this. Nor could he do it without the team being catered to his limited skillset.

Dwight is not worth a max contract under the new CBA. If he is happy with 5yrs/60 Miliion, that is fair. But to pay him top tier money is insane.

This shit is really funny: :lol

Y'all were better of with Bynum. Flame on.

2 pts is not just 2 pts... Watch the Clippers game, whenever we played through dwight, the margin got bigger... He is great on D no doubt but his O is just bad... I just think he is not a smart BBall player, I even dare to say he has low BBall IQ... He just runs into his defender with the ball without checking what's going on the court, maybethere is someone open, or a better option./: . Pushing foul on inbound play on cruical postion, fouling CP3 while gaurding BG on the 3 line instead of staying in the paint, and goaltanding shots(even though it is from hustle, still I except the best center in the NBA to not goaltend a basket on crucial positions like he did a few times)

And I'm sorry but after the clippers game to say "we need to share the ball" that's down right stupid, we started with trying to involve everyone, and the Clippers opened a 19 pt lead, when we went to kobe and nash, the lead reduced. He can't even identify the true problems of this team, which are mainly on defense, and he just puts the blame on everyone else.

I would trade him for Kevin Love right now

StrengthAndHonor
01-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Well since you guys absolutely despises Howard, there's a good chance he won't resign especially with his chemistry with Kobe turning sour.

"Dwight Howard might be a Los Angeles Laker, but part of him is still a member of the Orlando Magic ... specifically, his head. In town to play the New York Knicks last month, D12 hit up a hat store in Harlem and wouldn't you know it ... he picked up a hat of his former team. According to our witness, Dwight didn't just pick up the hat ... HE BOUGHT IT!!! For the non-sports fans out there ... Dwight was traded away by the Magic last year after he basically whined his way out of town. It was not a happy parting of the ways.With Dwight set to be a free agent this summer, maybe a reunion isn't as far-fetched as one would think."

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/01/06/dwight-howard-lakers-orlando-magic-hat-photo

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/01/05/0105-dwight-howard-magic-tmz-150.jpg

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Well since you guys absolutely despises Howard, there's a good chance he won't resign especially with his chemistry with Kobe turning sour.

"Dwight Howard might be a Los Angeles Laker, but part of him is still a member of the Orlando Magic ... specifically, his head. In town to play the New York Knicks last month, D12 hit up a hat store in Harlem and wouldn't you know it ... he picked up a hat of his former team. According to our witness, Dwight didn't just pick up the hat ... HE BOUGHT IT!!! For the non-sports fans out there ... Dwight was traded away by the Magic last year after he basically whined his way out of town. It was not a happy parting of the ways.With Dwight set to be a free agent this summer, maybe a reunion isn't as far-fetched as one would think."

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/01/06/dwight-howard-lakers-orlando-magic-hat-photo

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/01/05/0105-dwight-howard-magic-tmz-150.jpg

Actually, word on the street is that Dwight is having chemistry issues with Nash, not Kobe. Dwight has lashed out at Nash twice in the past few games and that is just on the court. Also remember he basically pushed Nash away when Nash offered advice on his free throws...telling Nash he didn't need his help...this is rather odd...him beefing with Nash...it could be that Nash thinks he's a dumb jock and he doesn't want Nash telling him what to do...:lol I think Dwight may have turned to Kobe for help in dealing with Nash but he soon realized that Kobe was siding with Nash due to his personal respect for Nash...

From a basketball perspective Nash has run the pick and roll with Dwight the most, but it has been most effective with Jordan Hill and it appears Nash is on Dwight's case...Dwight thought Nash was going to exclusively look for him the post but Nash recognizes that Dwight is limited offensively and so it's hard for him to deliver the ball to Dwight in scoring positions...but because Hill is hustling more and playing harder the ball seems to find Hill more than it does Howard...:lol

Seems Dwight is the real source of the problem with is petulance. This has nothing to do with Kobe. So try again

Clipper Nation
01-06-2013, 04:50 PM
:lol Please.... it's pretty obvious that Kobe is being a horrible teammate and non-leader per par....

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 04:52 PM
:lol Please.... it's pretty obvious that Kobe is being a horrible teammate and non-leader per par....

you really need more intellect...these tired old 2001 lines are really played out..seriously dude..come up with another more relevant argument if you want to be taken seriously by serious people

StrengthAndHonor
01-06-2013, 04:53 PM
That's good to know. Wow. Dwight is a grade douche if this is true. Nash ain't no saint but he's probably onen of the most likeable guy in the league. I mean, dude was responsible for Amare, Diaw, Raja Bell etc inf lated contracts lol.

One thing I notice is when Kobe's at the line, Dwight would turn his back on Kobe and when its time for the usual ritual high fives of teammates, Dwight would just extend his arm avoiding to make eye contact with Kobe (he would look at the shot clock or at the rim instead).

He doesn't seem to do this with other players on the Lakers.

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
That's good to know. Wow. Dwight is a grade douche if this is true. Nash ain't no saint but he's probably onen of the most likeable guy in the league. I mean, dude was responsible for Amare, Diaw, Raja Bell etc inf lated contracts lol.

One thing I notice is when Kobe's at the line, Dwight would turn his back on Kobe and when its time for the usual ritual high fives of teammates, Dwight would just extend his arm avoiding to make eye contact with Kobe (he would look at the shot clock or at the rim instead).

He doesn't seem to do this with other players on the Lakers.

Dwight may honestly believe that Kobe isn't sharing the ball with him enough...but as one Laker fan put it:
"With Dwight taking most of the shots to start the Clippers game and with "everyone" getting involved the Clippers opened a 19 pt lead, when we went to Kobe and Nash, the lead reduced. He can't even identify the true problems of this team, which are mainly on defense, and he just puts the blame on everyone else."

I also think Dwight's silly little homeboys are in his ear telling him he's not getting the ball enough...but Dwight isn't asserting himself at all...look at what he did to Faried when that kid was owning him...Kobe is not going to listen to Dwight...I'm starting to think Kobe just doesn't think the guy is very bright...it's hard to respect someone you think is flat out dumb...I don't think Kobe thinks that Dwight can teach him anything...if Dwight had a strong post game it would be a different story...Kobe sees this guy as just a strong dude with no skills..The fact that Dwight won't listen to Kobe or Nash makes the situation even worse...

remember Dwight started a fight with Jameer in Orlando and all his teammates wanted to see him gone:

This strife has apparently boiled over. Jameer and Howard reportedly came close to a physical altercation at the Orlando practice facility. The two had to be separated by players to avoid an actual fight. Rumor is many of Howard's teammates are hoping he will finally leave the Magic and let them simply move on without him.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/169687-jameer-nelson-and-dwight-howard-brawl

StrengthAndHonor
01-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Dang, KoolAid with the goods. I like this fella.

ffadicted
01-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Dwight is such a faggot man, it's like a little kid pouting that he didn't get to go to brooklyn where he wanted. Man up and play ball bitch, kobe may be an egotistical asswipe but anyone that denies his effort is just a hater. Dwight has no effort and it's pathetic to watch a guy that makes millions to play ball and just drags his feet out there every night. No respect

Clipper Nation
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes, we get that Kobe gives a lot of effort every game, but the problem is that it's selfish, me-first effort....

ffadicted
01-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes, we get that Kobe gives a lot of effort every game, but the problem is that it's selfish, me-first effort....

TBH he's been pretty good this year, so can't complain that much... And I'd still take that over what drama dwight is doing

racm
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
TBH he's been pretty good this year, so can't complain that much... And I'd still take that over what drama dwight is doing

Would probably be better if he weren't a super-efficient Gary Neal (I.E. play defense).

DAF86
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Shaq, Phil, Gasol, Dwight. Who is next: Nash or D'antoni?

Nathan89
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I can only imagine how awful Dwight has it now that Kobe is playing decent this year.

Leetonidas
01-06-2013, 08:03 PM

Why are YOU so concerned of Kobe? You suck his dick on a constant basis tbh

racm
01-06-2013, 08:09 PM

He wants the Black Mamba to go in his mouth

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 08:12 PM

I love your sig...nice ass shots of your mamma and your daughter :lol you ever jerk before work to it

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Hey midget I see you in this post..I'm gonna go jerk off to a porn on this slow Sunday night and come back...but before I do can you answer a question for me unbiased and honest..no bs...your opinion is your opinion I just want to hear your rationale...

who was a better Duo...

Shaq / Kobe or MJ / Pippen

I think Shaq and Kobe because production wise Pippen is the odd man out...A prime Shaq or Kobe could literally match MJ point for point...

Kobe was asked this question and he said MJ and Pippen but I clearly think he was trying to avoid controversy and just gave a PC answer...

thoughts please

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey midget I see you in this post..I'm gonna go jerk off to a porn on this slow Sunday night and come back...but before I do can you answer a question for me unbiased and honest..no bs...your opinion is your opinion I just want to hear your rationale...

who was a better Duo...

Shaq / Kobe or MJ / Pippen

I think Shaq and Kobe because production wise Pippen is the odd man out...A prime Shaq or Kobe could literally match MJ point for point...

Kobe was asked this question and he said MJ and Pippen but I clearly think he was trying to avoid controversy and just gave a PC answer...

thoughts please

Shaq/Kobe. 3 peat Shaq was just as good as Jordan ever was and the fact that he's a big man gets extra brownie point from me, considering the fact a big man can affect the overall game more than a guard. Pippen and Kobe are close to a wash as sidekicks, but I slightly give the edge to Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Shaq/Kobe. 3 peat Shaq was just as good as Jordan ever was and the fact that he's a big man gets extra brownie point from me, considering the fact a big man can affect the overall game more than a guard. Pippen and Kobe are close to a wash as sidekicks, but I slightly give the edge to Kobe.

^ I'm guessing the big man affinity implies you're a fat slob...I figured as much...but thanks for responding...:toast

Stalin
01-06-2013, 08:38 PM
You know me. I am a die hard homer Laker fan. I think they are going to the finals every year and I am right half the time. I think they are going to win those when they do and I am right half the time there too. Not a bad recod over my lifetime if I so say so myself.

I thin they have a great shot at winning it all. They are going to have a full camp for one. They brought Eddie Jordan to run the offense and are going Princeton. Regarless of what the butthurt Midget says, Nash and Howard were not lateral moves. Anyone stating so is a moron.

We improved the bench with Jamison. We resigned Hill who is a decent backup and only had a hanfull of games with the team and did quite well. We could use one mor backup shooter with range. I would actually welcome Barbosa as I see him as a good fit in a reserve roll. I don't think the Lakers are done.

Several points. Kobe is going to have to realize hes not going to get 25+ shots. I think he is finally at the point of his career that he will be willing to play a less ball dominant. They have guys now that wont will uder pressure and llok to him to bail them out either. Well see. The Princeton offense is ideal for Pau's skills. He wilted last year with Bynum handling the ball more. I see a better year for him.

Howard was an ideal pickup with regards to the way the team is constructed as is. With Nash's well known less than stellar defence and Kobe getting slower Howards D is much better than Drews. Drew played decent help D and could clog the lanes. Teams figured it out and pulled him out on the switches and he got beat. Howard is a much better one on one defender and moves much quicker. On offense. Bynum has better post moves. Howard is a better pick and roll player and will get more hustle garbage points. What would you rather have with Nash and Kobe in the back court. It not even close to a lateral move when considering the direction they are taking.

The Lakers have a sweet squad. Brown can concentrate on D. Eddie can take the offense. Kobe if he is smart will realize he will bet more total points career wise by slowing down and playing less mins with this squad and extending his career maybe another year or two. Nash, Howard, and Jamison are all very hungry. We hall see. You always need luck and the injury gods to be on your side.

Co sign

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 08:42 PM
^ I'm guessing the big man affinity implies you're a fat slob...I figured as much...but thanks for responding...:toast

:lol You didn't like me implying Kirby is slightly better than Pippen, did you?

Honest truth. Despite some nice scoring runs ('01), 3 peat Kobe wasn't the overall polished player that he is now. Pippen was one of the most well-rounded players of all-time. So it's no insult to say 3 peat Kobe was Pippen.

Koolaid_Man
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
:lol You didn't like me implying Kirby is slightly better than Pippen, did you?

Honest truth. Despite some nice scoring runs ('01), 3 peat Kobe wasn't the overall polished player that he is now. Pippen was one of the most well-rounded players of all-time. So it's no insult to say 3 peat Kobe was Pippen.

I expected no less...and even though I routinely kick your ass you've proven to me to be a worthy opponent so I can respect your opinion even though I disagree with it...

Most basketball purists would laugh in your face at the notion that a prime Kobe was equal to Pippen...Pippen was a better defender than Kobe that's it... but Pippen was also a better defender than MJ....if Kobe was over hyped defensively MJ was the over hyped god father :lol MJ could do no wrong in the eyes of those white boys back then...in fact refs were bringing him Ho's to bang when he was on the road...it shows the extent they would cheat for that nigga

Remember Pippen got migraines (the Jordan rules by the Bad Boys) and could not perform he left MJ on an Island at times whereas Shaq left Kobe on an Island because of foul trouble...so that puts Kobe back on par with MJ

midnightpulp
01-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I expected no less...and even though I routinely kick your ass you've proven to me to be a worthy opponent so I can respect your opinion even though I disagree with it...

Most basketball purists would laugh in your face at the notion that a prime Kobe was equal to Pippen...Pippen was a better defender than Kobe that's it... but Pippen was also a better defender than MJ....if Kobe was over hyped defensively MJ was the over hyped god father :lol MJ could do no wrong in the eyes of those white boys back then...in fact refs were bringing him Ho's to bang when he was on the road...it shows the extent they would cheat for that nigga

Remember Pippen got migraines (the Jordan rules by the Bad Boys) and could not perform he left MJ on an Island at times whereas Shaq left Kobe on an Island because of foul trouble...so that puts Kobe back on par with MJ

Kobe is hyped more than MJ defensively. He's made the All Defensive team the last 5 years despite not playing any defense :lol

As for Pippen vs. Kobe. A past his prime Pippen made things pretty difficult for a developing/near prime Bryant, holding him to .420 shooting.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/t69sh3.jpg

That said, I'll give Kobe his props for stepping up in Game 7 of the '00 WCF, but other than that, Pippen pretty much held your boy in check every time they saw each other in the playoffs.

Indazone
01-06-2013, 09:28 PM
The Lakeshow has gone and done it's last encore. They are not a good team. Mediocre at best

Leetonidas
01-06-2013, 09:37 PM
I love your sig...nice ass shots of your mamma and your daughter :lol you ever jerk before work to it

you know it scrah :smokin

Barfunk
01-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Ramona Shelburne rAm (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4828)onashelburne

Dwight:
"It's not about making your mark or going around pissing everywhere. You don't
have to do that."

Ramona Shelburne rAm (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=4828)onashelburne

Dwight:
"My presence is felt every day and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl
at people."

:lol