PDA

View Full Version : Cousins-lovers are not true Spurs fans

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2013, 11:25 PM
All you Greys coming up with your "trade for Cousins" threads don't seems to understand the Spurs' culture, ethos, or system. The Spurs organisation is all about finding players who fit their system, and who have high character - team-first, self-sacrificing players who will do anything to fit into the Spurs' winning system and culture.

DeMarcus Mega-Cancer, despite obvious physical talents, has a dysfunctional head to the extent that he would have fit perfectly on the Jail Blazers. He is NOT the kind of player that the Spurs organisation covets or trades for because he does not fit the ethic of self-sacrifice that has made this team so successful (see: Robinson, D, Parker, T, Ginobili, M, Duncan, T, etc).

Unless he has an epiphany of epic proportions, DMM-C is destined to play out his NBA career without ever maximising his talent or winning anything because he is not willing to learn, or to sacrifice his precious ego for a greater goal. This is obvious to us as bystanders, so I'd be very surprised if RC and Pop missed it.

Check yo muthafuckin heads and realise what the Spurs are about, or go become a Kings fan. :ihit

Discuss. :lmao

spurraider21
01-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Enough with the ST class warfare tbh

Leetonidas
01-05-2013, 11:28 PM
We have Stephen Jackson on our team dude

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2013, 11:29 PM

Enough with the "Spurs should trade for DMM-C", tbh.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2013, 11:32 PM

A guy who has turned his life around, and who has never caused any trouble as a Spur during either stay.

The difference between Jax and DMM-C is that Jax listens to Tim and Pop - you think DMM-C will do the same? I doubt it. He sees himself as the main man, while Jax has always known he's a complimentary player on a team like the Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-05-2013, 11:34 PM

BTW, the grey thing was just a joke, although I don't see many experienced Spurs fans jumping on the "trade for DMM-C" bandwagon, which kinda justifies my classism! :lmao

baseline bum
01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
What's not to like about a center who shoots 42%?

JonNOKC
01-05-2013, 11:41 PM
The Cousins thing is simple - if you can get him cheap it's a risk you take all day every day (cheap = not giving up TP, TD, Manu, Kawhi, Splitter)

Of course I also said from day one the Kings aren't serious about dealing him, at least not yet, and that some other team would be willing to give up more than the Spurs will

Chinook
01-05-2013, 11:41 PM

I actually consider them to be opposites. Jack has always been a great teammate, but he's had trouble in the real world. Cousins hasn't really had any real-world issues (run-ins with the law and such), but he's been a terrible teammate. So long as Jack is kept in check, his good outweighs his bad. Cousins' good only works until his bad destroys the team.

The Spurs' culture may be able to fix both types of players, but I don't think we should consider Jack to be a model for how it would work on Cousins.

Brunodf
01-05-2013, 11:44 PM

Ice009
01-05-2013, 11:50 PM
I want Cousins the player (talent wise), but I don't want Cousins the person. Cousins the person screws up the talent that he has and any chance of maximizing it.

Not sure how he would fit on the team, so even if we could get him (not really possible with our assets), I don't know if I'd want him on the team. Pop has said before that not everyone has to be a Choir boy, but I am sure there is certain criteria for players to be Spurs.

Having said that, weren't the Spurs interested in trading for Ron Artest when he was with the Kings? Not sure if that was real or a smokescreen? That was the trade deadline where they got Kurt Thomas.

timvp
01-05-2013, 11:53 PM
I actually consider them to be opposites. Jack has always been a great teammate, but he's had trouble in the real world. Cousins hasn't really had any real-world issues (run-ins with the law and such), but he's been a terrible teammate.Actually, Jack has only gotten in trouble defending teammates. His run-ins with the law have been minor.

But I agree, Jack is regarded as a great teammate. Cousins is a horrible teammate; if you watch a Kings game, you'll lose count if you try to count how many times his teammates roll their eyes at him. They don't even hide how much they can't stand him.

Ruffy is right, no way in hell the Spurs take on Cousins. I don't care the trade particulars blah blah whatever ... Would. Never. Happen.

Trainwreck2100
01-05-2013, 11:56 PM
well the gnsf god has spoken

DPG21920
01-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Dennis Rodman says hi.

DapDaGenius
01-06-2013, 12:05 AM
People want him for the talent, obviously. And if there is any team who would be able to turn Cousins' attitude around it would be the Spurs. Besides, Cousins should straighten up after getting suspended a few more times. :lmao

Splits
01-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Dennis Rodman says hi.

Dwayne Schintzius waves back.

Strategic
01-06-2013, 12:41 AM
[

Mel_13
01-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Dennis Rodman says hi.

Oct 1, 1993- Spurs acquire Rodman

May 31, 1994- Spurs hire Gregg Popovich as GM

Oct 2, 1995- Spurs trade Rodman

Bruno
01-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Another reason why Spurs wouldn't trade for Cousins is his incident with Elliott.

spurraider21
01-06-2013, 12:55 AM
BTW, the grey thing was just a joke, although I don't see many experienced Spurs fans jumping on the "trade for DMM-C" bandwagon, which kinda justifies my classism! :lmao
I don't like being classified with Demarcus cousins supporters. I've never once brought up a dmc trade here. Lame generalization is all

spurs10
01-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Another reason why Spurs wouldn't trade for Cousins is his incident with Elliott.
Big time....it was not a simple disagreement. He waited for Sean and threatened him. He was damn lucky only getting a two day suspension.

Chris
01-06-2013, 01:03 AM

Pretty much guarantees he will never wear silver and black. You don't f with the familia :lol

ace3g
01-06-2013, 01:10 AM
speaking of Cousins, interesting tweet from Stack:

Jerry Stackhouse ‏@jerrystackhouse (https://twitter.com/jerrystackhouse) DeMarcus Cousins is a very intriguing basketball player...I can understand why an indefinite suspension would only last one game #talented (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23talented&src=hash)!

timtonymanu
01-06-2013, 01:20 AM
:lolrobdiaz

RD2191
01-06-2013, 01:25 AM
timtonymanu (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13654)
:lol

sananspursfan21
01-06-2013, 01:37 AM
i'm a grey and i don't want to see him here. reminds me it's about time my name's bolded...

Chinook
01-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Actually, Jack has only gotten in trouble defending teammates. His run-ins with the law have been minor.

But I agree, Jack is regarded as a great teammate. Cousins is a horrible teammate; if you watch a Kings game, you'll lose count if you try to count how many times his teammates roll their eyes at him. They don't even hide how much they can't stand him.

Ruffy is right, no way in hell the Spurs take on Cousins. I don't care the trade particulars blah blah whatever ... Would. Never. Happen.

Thanks for the clarification. That strengthens the point about Jack's character compared to that of Cousins. A player like Jack can be taught discipline because his heart is in the right place. He just needs guidance. Cousins needs an epiphany, which may never come. Until then, he's much more trouble than he's worth. He's not good enough to be a star while also being antagonistic toward his teammates.

100%duncan
01-06-2013, 02:46 AM
He messed up with Sean. But even if that didn't happen, fuck him tbh. :lol

Boomersgold
01-06-2013, 02:57 AM
I agree with this 100%.

Guys like Perkins and Cousins would ruin the team camaraderie that we have now. Sure, we could use their talents, but their attitude problems and lack of respect for their teammates would hurt us in the long run.

baseline bum
01-06-2013, 04:01 AM
You can't even compare Cousins and Rodman. Rodman was a hall of fame talent who had actually produced for years when the Spurs traded for him. Cousins is just the baggage without the work ethic and skill.

Leetonidas
01-06-2013, 07:48 AM
A guy who has turned his life around, and who has never caused any trouble as a Spur during either stay.

The difference between Jax and DMM-C is that Jax listens to Tim and Pop - you think DMM-C will do the same? I doubt it. He sees himself as the main man, while Jax has always known he's a complimentary player on a team like the Spurs.

I'm just saying, it's undeniable that everywhere Jack has been he has been a headcase for the most part. He charged into stands and beat fans up and fired shots outside of a strip club (I know the circumstances, just saying). My point is that he had character issues that the Spurs were able to manage. Who is to say Cousins couldn't be the same way? It can't help his development being part of such a toxic franchise with shitty owners and no smart management. He is the main man, dude is probably the most naturally talented big we have seen in a long time. He needs a coach that he can respect and veterans that will hold him accountable and teach him. He's not going to ever get that in Sac.

Stalin
01-06-2013, 08:22 AM
i think fatass cousins would make an excllent addition to the spurs family, give him a chance scros

TrainOfThought5
01-06-2013, 09:55 AM
people are bagging on Gnsf... for what? trying not to languish in lottery mode for ten years. or worse. JazzRocket mediocrity. of course we're willing to take these risks. we're spoiled and and want a consistent contender out of a small market franchise. we dont want TD to be the last bastion of Larry O' memories.

i guess we're not as ready to quietly fade into the night as pick up where we left off Pre Duncan/Robinson as some of you, and thats understandable. and for the record i dont see myself as a "Cousins lover" (sounds like Alabama :-P ) i consider myself a Spurs diehard whose willing to take substantial risks to keep us at the top.

i look at the trailblazers and their cursed luck for a decade, the Bulls slide back into the abyss post Jordan for a decade... and say "that could be us." so yes. im not ashamed to to say fuck those shitty franchises, and thier downtrodden fanbase and i never wanna be like them.... its every team for themselves. because mediocrity doesnt discriminate between whose character is good and bad, if that was the case Lakers would have stayed shitty when shaq left. we dont have the resources of the Lakers so we damn sure better be able to outsmart them. and out maneuver them.

the rest of you can keep looking at this year and pining for an agressive Diaw, or a consistent Green, or a superstar Kawhi, or Tony Parker to magically elevate his game when it matters most. but those things wont happen. not this year. and not before TD leaves. so what then? what brilliant solution do you have? because id rather die great with mega cancer Cousins than live forever at the bottom like Sunfan and soon to be Mavfan.

exstatic
01-06-2013, 10:27 AM

exstatic
01-06-2013, 10:47 AM
The Cousins thing is simple - if you can get him cheap it's a risk you take all day every day (cheap = not giving up TP, TD, Manu, Kawhi, Splitter)

Of course I also said from day one the Kings aren't serious about dealing him, at least not yet, and that some other team would be willing to give up more than the Spurs will

They'll deal him before the deadline. He just fired his agent and hired Dwight Howard's. Dwightmare II, tbh, if he doesn't get out of there.

exstatic
01-06-2013, 10:59 AM
People want him for the talent, obviously. And if there is any team who would be able to turn Cousins' attitude around it would be the Spurs. Besides, Cousins should straighten up after getting suspended a few more times. :lmao

What on earth makes you say that? He's shown NO signs of mending his ways. He issues a standard boilerplate apology, and continues to do whatever the fuck he wants.

I think the Cousins thing boils down to one question: can someone SO self absorbed be truly reformed? I would guess that most of the YES crowd are younger. I personally have watched scores of athletes waste and destroy their careers over the decades. It makes absolutely no sense, but then again, neither do people.

I don't believe people ever fundamentally change who they are, and that's a hard concept for the young to wrap their heads around. They WANT to believe in redemption, mostly because they may not be all that happy with who they are, and need to believe in that "get out of jail free" card down the line.

exstatic
01-06-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm just saying, it's undeniable that everywhere Jack has been he has been a headcase for the most part. He charged into stands and beat fans up and fired shots outside of a strip club (I know the circumstances, just saying). My point is that he had character issues that the Spurs were able to manage. Who is to say Cousins couldn't be the same way? It can't help his development being part of such a toxic franchise with shitty owners and no smart management. He is the main man, dude is probably the most naturally talented big we have seen in a long time. He needs a coach that he can respect and veterans that will hold him accountable and teach him. He's not going to ever get that in Sac.

Jack is a knuckle head who actually cares, probably too much, about his team mates. Cousins doesn't give a fuck about anybody but Cousins.

exstatic
01-06-2013, 11:06 AM
people are bagging on Gnsf... for what? trying not to languish in lottery mode for ten years. or worse. JazzRocket mediocrity. of course we're willing to take these risks. we're spoiled and and want a consistent contender out of a small market franchise. we dont want TD to be the last bastion of Larry O' memories.

i guess we're not as ready to quietly fade into the night as pick up where we left off Pre Duncan/Robinson as some of you, and thats understandable. and for the record i dont see myself as a "Cousins lover" (sounds like Alabama :-P ) i consider myself a Spurs diehard whose willing to take substantial risks to keep us at the top.

i look at the trailblazers and their cursed luck for a decade, the Bulls slide back into the abyss post Jordan for a decade... and say "that could be us." so yes. im not ashamed to to say fuck those shitty franchises, and thier downtrodden fanbase and i never wanna be like them.... its every team for themselves. because mediocrity doesnt discriminate between whose character is good and bad, if that was the case Lakers would have stayed shitty when shaq left. we dont have the resources of the Lakers so we damn sure better be able to outsmart them. and out maneuver them.

the rest of you can keep looking at this year and pining for an agressive Diaw, or a consistent Green, or a superstar Kawhi, or Tony Parker to magically elevate his game when it matters most. but those things wont happen. not this year. and not before TD leaves. so what then? what brilliant solution do you have? because id rather die great with mega cancer Cousins than live forever at the bottom like Sunfan and soon to be Mavfan.

OKC is the one to note on rebuilding. They went from hell to the playoffs in 3 years, and to the Finals in five, and their GM came from here. DeMarcus Cousins never gets you there. He's not on any team, he's on the DMC train.

will_spurs
01-06-2013, 11:12 AM
It will be the day when the Spurs go after the Kings' sloppy seconds.

DapDaGenius
01-06-2013, 11:45 AM
What on earth makes you say that? He's shown NO signs of mending his ways. He issues a standard boilerplate apology, and continues to do whatever the fuck he wants.

I think the Cousins thing boils down to one question: can someone SO self absorbed be truly reformed? I would guess that most of the YES crowd are younger. I personally have watched scores of athletes waste and destroy their careers over the decades. It makes absolutely no sense, but then again, neither do people.

I don't believe people ever fundamentally change who they are, and that's a hard concept for the young to wrap their heads around. They WANT to believe in redemption, mostly because they may not be all that happy with who they are, and need to believe in that "get out of jail free" card down the line.

All of that talking, for absolutely nothing. Ugh...how about this...it was a damn joke.

"I don't believe people ever fundamentally change who they are"

Ever? LMFAO that's a bit far...too far actually. There have been far too many people who have fundamentally changed themselves for "better" or for "worse".

You are saying the younger crowd says "yes" about Cousins, you are saying "no". The real answer is...nobody knows. We don't know everything that goes on in his life(of course not) and we don't know what he thinks(of course not). So it's best to not just throw the guy out the window on this.

JonNOKC
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
They'll deal him before the deadline. He just fired his agent and hired Dwight Howard's. Dwightmare II, tbh, if he doesn't get out of there.

You are right I should of clarified my statement by saying they are not to the point of being willing to move him for spare parts, which makes any discussion of Counsins to the Spurs worthless AND even if they get to that point there are other teams willing to pay more than the Spurs so it really doesn't matter

exstatic
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM
All of that talking, for absolutely nothing. Ugh...how about this...it was a damn joke.

Ever? LMFAO that's a bit far...too far actually. There have been far too many people who have fundamentally changed themselves for "better" or for "worse".

You are saying the younger crowd says "yes" about Cousins, you are saying "no". The real answer is...nobody knows. We don't know everything that goes on in his life(of course not) and we don't know what he thinks(of course not). So it's best to not just throw the guy out the window on this.

If you want to see who someone is, watch what they do. They are exactly that. His apologies are BS because he keeps doing the same shit.

If the talk differs from the actions, always judge by the actions. That's "what they're thinking".

DapDaGenius
01-06-2013, 03:01 PM
If you want to see who someone is, watch what they do. They are exactly that. His apologies are BS because he keeps doing the same shit.

If the talk differs from the actions, always judge by the actions. That's "what they're thinking".

We still don't know exactly what the guy is thinking. You can't judge someone's reasoning by action. Are his apologizes just there to try to cover his hide? Sure. I've never denied this, and wonder, why the hell you keep mentioning it.

You're really making this situation with him way more serious than it is. Will he change as a person? Maybe, maybe not. Is it impossible for him to reform himself? Hell no.

You're arguing something to me, that I was never arguing in the first place(And certain things that I agree on...which makes this even more pointless)...continue if you want to just berate Cousins, but I'm done here. :toast

rascal
01-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Rasheed Wallace was considered a malcontent and had a bad reputation. Detroit took a chance with him and won a title.

rascal
01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Rasheed Wallace was considered a malcontent and had a bad reputation. Detroit took a chance with him and won a title.

Cousins could be just the type of player that pushes the Spurs over the top. I don't care about personalities, I want to see an up grade in the talent level especially if it is on the frontline.

01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
rofl spurs fans. :cry we only want classy players on our team :cry

Jumi
01-06-2013, 04:49 PM

This!
If there was a way to get Cousins, do it!!!

Libri
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM

Actually he only had a bad reputation against the referees. He was known around the league as an excellent teammate.

ffadicted
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
*slow clap*

Kid is cancer. It's not nobody in spurstalk is watching what's happening with the lakers. You don't win championships without chemistry.

Leetonidas
01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
lol at you guys thinking a 22 year old is going to be how he is now forever, not to mention speaking as if you personally know him and everything in his mind :lol

Leetonidas
01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
*slow clap*

Kid is cancer. It's not nobody in spurstalk is watching what's happening with the lakers. You don't win championships without chemistry.
Probably has more to do with their shit coach that doesn't no what defense is, their old as fuck PG who can't stay in front of his man to save his life, their SG who takes more shots than the the next 3 guys combined, their PF who has mentally checked out and is dealing with nagging injuries as well as being regulated to a corner 3 point shooter, and their "star" C who had back surgery in the offseason and can't jump like he used to or anchor the defense like he used to, the fact that the entire team is old and can't play defense, and the general lack of accountability in the locker room

baseline bum
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Personally, I like my bigmen to score more efficiently than does a bad shooting guard, but maybe that's just me?

ffadicted
01-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Probably has more to do with their shit coach that doesn't no what defense is, their old as fuck PG who can't stay in front of his man to save his life, their SG who takes more shots than the the next 3 guys combined, their PF who has mentally checked out and is dealing with nagging injuries as well as being regulated to a corner 3 point shooter, and their "star" C who had back surgery in the offseason and can't jump like he used to or anchor the defense like he used to, the fact that the entire team is old and can't play defense, and the general lack of accountability in the locker room

http://i49.tinypic.com/mkubh5.png

Indazone
01-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Pull the trigger. Having Cousin's on the Spurs would provide hours and hours and hours of entertainment :lol

Leetonidas
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/mkubh5.png

Bruno
01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Well, the best way for Spurs to get cousins on the team would be to sign Kris Joseph who just got cut by Boston.

Sorry... :depressed

will_spurs
01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Well, the best way for Spurs to get cousins on the team would be to sign Kris Joseph who just got cut by Boston.

Sorry... :depressed

txstr1986
01-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Some crappy team is going to sell the farm to get him, which will be further evidence of why they are a crappy team in the first place.

I'm looking at you Charlotte/Washington...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
The Cousins thing is simple -if you can get him cheap it's a risk you take all day every day (cheap = not giving up TP, TD, Manu, Kawhi, Splitter)

:lmao Why would they deal him for a bag of chips? Plenty of teams are willing to take a risk with him, Boston first and foremost apparently. It'll take a star level talent, and probably some 1st rders, to get him.

:tu EXACTLY.

Actually, Jack has only gotten in trouble defending teammates. His run-ins with the law have been minor.

:tu Spot on.

Every team needs guys like Jax who will do anything to stick up for his teammates. Cousins wouldn't piss on his teammates if they were on fire - it wouldn't be directly beneficial to DMM-C, so he'd consider it a waste of piss.

Dennis Rodman says hi.

Rodman is an interesting call, but even though he was a team-wrecker in SA when we needed him most, he was also an excellent team guy at Detroit and Chicago. My hunch is he didn't like the clean-living expectations of David and AJ and was rebelling against that.

Here's another thread opening with "your ass ain't black enough to comment". But I agree with you. After Duncan retires, it's probably a better idea to fold up this sonsabitchin' team and head west than it would be to take a chance on some mother like Cousins, and thus taintin' my 40 plus years of good memories? All kidding aside though, I'd rather take Donte Greene. :stirpot: Not really!

I don't like being classified with Demarcus cousins supporters. I've never once brought up a dmc trade here. Lame generalization is all

Apologies to all greys for the generalisation. I didn't know so many people are sensitive about the colour of their name on ST. I only mentioned greys because I keep seeing rookie posters fawning over Cousins and how awesome it would be if he were a Spur... no, it wouldn't be awesome to have DMM-C in Pop's doghouse in perpetuity, and no, it's NOT going to happen.

As timvp explained best, Jack's character flaw is that he is too loyal and willing to go to extremes for loyalty (eg. both of the incidents you mention stem from loyalty to others), while DMM-C doesn't care one iota for anything but DMM-C.

Cousins is your way to circumvent rebuilding!? :lmao

It is absurd to suggest that any true Spurs fan wants to languish in the lottery, but how about we deal with that when the time is right, not when we have Tim and Tony playing vintage seasons, Manu showing he has something left, and a growing supporting cast? Hell, Pop already proved he could almost beat the Heat without 4 starters! :lol

Jack is a knuckle head who actually cares, probably too much, about his team mates. Cousins doesn't give a fuck about anybody but Cousins.

Yup.

Actually, no. Both the science of psychology and my personal experience demonstrate to me that very few people are able to fundamentally alter who they are after their early 20s. Read up on it, there's plenty of science on this topic.

As for Cousins, sure none of us know him, but his actions and body language speak volumes. He's a me me me mega-cancer, and exactly the opposite to the Spurs' type of player.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-07-2013, 06:23 PM

He had anger management issues and drew far too many techs, but was a good teammate otherwise. DMM-C's teammates clearly despise him. See:

Actually he only had a bad reputation against the referees. He was known around the league as an excellent teammate.

Exactly. And although he was a Jail Blazer, those guys clearly had bizarro-world chemistry going. :lol

Cousins could be just the type of player that pushes the Spurs over the top. I don't care about personalities, I want to see an up grade in the talent level especially if it is on the frontline.

So, you think Pop would play DMM-C if he continually broke plays and missed rotations? I don't.

Also, have you ever played team sports? Or watched the Spurs? If so, you should know how crucial personalities, and thus chemistry, is.

(PS I know you're a long time Spurs fan, I'm just needling you. But really, personalities don't matter? You know better than that.)

No, we only want players who fit the culture (sacrifice self for winning), and who Pop would actually put on the court.

lol at you guys thinking a 22 year old is going to be how he is now forever, not to mention speaking as if you personally know him and everything in his mind :lol

No-one is saying that. What we do know is that fundamental change is very difficult once past your early 20s (read the science on this). If DMM-C ever wakes up and realises basketball is about team we can revisit this discussion.

Personally, I like my bigmen to score more efficiently than does a bad shooting guard, but maybe that's just me?

Me too. :lmao

spurraider21
01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Apologies to all greys for the generalisation. I didn't know so many people are sensitive about the colour of their name on ST. I only mentioned greys because I keep seeing rookie posters fawning over Cousins and how awesome it would be if he were a Spur... no, it wouldn't be awesome to have DMM-C in Pop's doghouse in perpetuity, and no, it's NOT going to happen.

Not sensitive about it, just don't like being grouped in with some of the less than intelligent posts on the forum. And I absolutely agree. I don't see any chance that the Spurs brass will make some big trade offer for a guy with his kind of issues. If they were looking to take a risk on a character issue they would have signed Blatche to a deal. They clearly want no part of players like that

JRHernandez88
01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Shit im a true fan and I wouldn't mind him on the team :huh Cousins has crazy potential he just needs to mature into a professional, something I'm sure could happen. Chances are 0 that he becomes a spur tho...

chapnis
01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Unless Cousins has some kind of crazy epiphany I don't want him on this team. And others teams have much more they could offer for him than the Spurs anyway.

DapDaGenius
01-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Actually, no. Both the science of psychology and my personal experience demonstrate to me that very few people are able to fundamentally alter who they are after their early 20s. Read up on it, there's plenty of science on this topic.

As for Cousins, sure none of us know him, but his actions and body language speak volumes. He's a me me me mega-cancer, and exactly the opposite to the Spurs' type of player.

Very few are willing to truly change who they are. That is a fact. I'm sure most people are actually able to change who they are, as a person.

Mega cancer? Lame. Find something new, seriously. A cancer is not good in any way. Cousins, has the talent upside. He is young and immature, obviously...he has time to change and mature. Like I said before, if any team can turn his attitude around, it's the Spurs...but will he? I'm not sure.

alamo50
01-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Who are you to say what a true Spurs fan is and who would not be Ruffy?!?
Cousins is a beast. He would look great in silver and black in a couple of years from now.

rascal
01-09-2013, 12:13 PM

The Spurs were afraid of his reputation, just like they were with Barkley and Sprewell. I remember people in here didn't want to give up Antonio Daniels in a package for Sprewell.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Who are you to say what a true Spurs fan is and who would not be Ruffy?!?
Cousins is a beast. He would look great in silver and black in a couple of years from now.

Surely a true Spurs fan understands the culture of the team? DMM-C is the antithesis of this team's culture, so those clamouring to sign him clearly don't understand the team at all. (Also, the title was clearly :stirpot: )

As I have already stated if you bothered to actually read the thread, if DMM-C ever grows up and becomes a self-reflective human being capable of listening and thus being coached and fitting into a team concept, sure he could be a Spur. But we're talking about right now and there is no way the Spurs will or should consider trading for him given that their success is built on selfless team play and sacrifice for greater goals.

gee
01-11-2013, 02:15 AM
:lol flagrant fouls his team out of an overtime victory v DAL

crc21209
01-11-2013, 02:17 AM
There's only a handul of coaches who could ever get to this guy, and that's guys like Pop and Doc Rivers...

doldrums
01-11-2013, 06:18 AM
:lol flagrant fouls his team out of an overtime victory v DAL
when he negotiates his salary he should factor in a 15% discount for suspensions

blkroadrunners
01-11-2013, 07:02 AM

But...but... he has a PER of about 21 ...

Paranoid Pop
01-11-2013, 07:48 AM
There's only a handul of coaches who could ever get to this guy, and that's guys like Pop and Doc Rivers...

Meh I don't think Pop would reach him, if they were confident they could turn players around they wouldn't be so selective with who they bring in. Sjax could reach maybe, not Pop.

Anyway the Maloofs are ruining Cousins by giving him full power time and time again, overuling the GM and coach, they can't sell their team soon enough.

exstatic
01-11-2013, 08:23 AM

"A coach can't change people," Gregg Popovich said before the Spurs obliterated the Nets on New Year's Eve. "They are who they are. No matter what team you're talking about, a coach can be observant and try to put his team in situations both on and off the court where some of that can develop, some of the camaraderie sorts of things. But you can't change people."

Read More http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2013/01/brooklyn-nets-avery-johnson.html#ixzz2HfmjkKdK

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-12-2013, 12:02 AM
Yup, and most people don't fundamentally change after their early 20s, particularly not spoiled brat entitlement complex headcases like DMM-C.

Maybe he'll be a changed man at 30, but I doubt it. He seems to honestly believe the whole world is out to get him and that he's a victim, even though he has it all, and that kind of utter delusion is hard to break through.