PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker--All Star 2006

1Parker1
06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Book it. I am calling it right now, haters. Come next season, all of you who are hating on Parker, demanding he be traded for the likes of Marbury, say Manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker, say he plays scared and timid, say he's a ball hog, you will be eating your words next Feb.

Oh and 2Centsworth, Parker is going to show you why he is worth $66 million.

Book mark this thread, because next year I am going to call out every single hater. :princess

spurschick
06-30-2005, 03:15 PM
http://www.spurschick.com/avatars/tonyas.jpg

SouthernFried
06-30-2005, 03:17 PM
No offense girls but...uh...

Oh, nevermind.... :makeout

1Parker1
06-30-2005, 03:17 PM

That's right, Baby! I am dead serious about this. One day after the Spurs win the championship there are about 5 threads calling out Parker saying he sucks and we need to trade him. They will be eating crow once next season is done.

ducks
06-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I think he would have had the spurs pushed him to the media like they had to with manu

spurs brass thought tp might get to big of a head like the finals

I think he has a good shot at it next year but if he is not it is not the end of the world

spurs do not need 3 allstars for a title

SWC Bonfire
I'll agree. :tu

He's improved every year, whether the TP haters want to believe that or not.

ducks
oh if tp was on a different team last year tp could have easily been one

hendrix
Book it. I am calling it right now, haters. Come next season, all of you who are hating on Parker, demanding he be traded for the likes of Marbury, say Manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker, say he plays scared and timid, say he's a ball hog, you will be eating your words next Feb.

Oh and 2Centsworth, Parker is going to show you why he is worth $64 million.

Book mark this thread, because next year I am going to call out every single hater. :princess

Good to know his fans are "n-sync" with his desires.
He already mentioned that all he cared was to be in the All-Star game.
"Oh... the lights!! I see one there!!.. Come fake girlfriend!... come with me to stardom!" :lol :lol
Hope he makes it by the way.

1Parker1
No offense girls but...uh...

Oh, nevermind....

Yea...that's what I thought. :eyebrows

You are one of the people on my list Shawn Michaels--the list of people who have been ragging and hating on Parker undeservedly.

Manu20
06-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Agreed.

BTW is $66 million.

SWC Bonfire
06-30-2005, 03:19 PM
I think he has a good shot at it next year but if he is not it is not the end of the world

spurs do not need 3 allstars for a title

Good point, Ducks. Spurs just won with him.

1Parker1
06-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Good to know his fans are "n-sync" with his desires.
"Oh... the lights!! I see one there!!.. Come fake girlfriend!... come with me to stardom!" :lol :lol
Hope he makes it by the way.

WTF are you talking about? I did not understand your post at all.

ALVAREZ6
06-30-2005, 03:21 PM
Parker might make the all-star team in 2006, but after Manu making it this year, and his increased popularity since that time, I think Manu will be on the 2006 all-star team too, and of course Duncan, and Pop!

Next year there will be at least 3 Spurs on the all-star team.

hendrix
06-30-2005, 03:26 PM
WTF are you talking about? I did not understand your post at all.

I wasnt talking about you, if thats what you thought.

Extra Stout
06-30-2005, 03:28 PM
If the All-Star rosters get expanded to 14, then Tony has a better shot.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 03:29 PM
"Oh... the lights!! I see one there!!.. Come fake girlfriend!... come with me to stardom!"

He never said that.

He said that making the All-Star team was a goal of his. It's a goal of most players.

bigzak25
06-30-2005, 03:30 PM
I think he would have had the spurs pushed him to the media like they had to with manu

give it a rest ducks. when tp lays 48 on phoenix, you'll have a point.

but i'm all for TP breaking out and derserving a spot on that team. Go TP!

IceColdBrewski
06-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Ginobili will but Parker won't. Ginobili >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker.

I guess there's the off-chance that a few players decline the invitation and Parker sneaks in as an alternate. But that would be the only way.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Parker has an outside shot of making the All-Star team because there aren't a lot of good PG's in the West and I heard that next season the alternates might be more position specific.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 03:36 PM
He's no Beno....

1Parker1
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM

I guess there's the off-chance that a few players decline the invitation and Parker sneaks in as an alternate. But that would be the only way.

ahhh, another person on my list. :eyebrows

midgetonadonkey
06-30-2005, 03:44 PM

Add me to that list.

hendrix
06-30-2005, 03:45 PM
He never said that.
He said that making the All-Star team was a goal of his. It's a goal of most players.

Ok, I (personally) got the clear impression he meant that.

To the question:
What are you objectives for years to come?

His answer:

I always had the goal of being an All-Star. It almost was this year but I lacked a bit. With perseverance and hard work, I hope to one day be there. I have lived an off year from the free throw line and beyond the 3 points line. I do not know to explain this and I wonder why it happened. I have already told Claude Bergeaud (French coach) that I wanted to work on this summer. If I can raise my game a notch, I think I will soon be an All-Star.

Like you said, most players wish to be there. But he sounds too focused into that. Like that's all he cares. He already has 2 rings... what else is left?

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 03:46 PM
That's not the same as what you wrote, which was:

IceColdBrewski
06-30-2005, 03:47 PM

Cool. :hat

Seriously though. I don't know why you're calling out the "Ginobili>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker" people. Everyone knows it to be fact now. Well, except for the diehard Parker homers.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm glad the diehard Parker hater has shown up.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 03:49 PM
I always had the goal of being an All-Star. It almost was this year but I lacked a bit. With perseverance and hard work, I hope to one day be there. I have lived an off year from the free throw line and beyond the 3 points line. I do not know to explain this and I wonder why it happened. I have already told Claude Bergeaud (French coach) that I wanted to work on this summer. If I can raise my game a notch, I think I will soon be an All-Star.

Actually to me it sounds like that he wants to improve his game to the All-Star level. If you are a Spurs fan (and not just a Manu fan) then that should be a good thing in your eyes. A young player pushing themselves to get better is a positive.

1Parker1
06-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Add me to that list.

Gladly. and BTW for all you Tony Parker haters out there, I have yet to hear you guys recommend one legit, realistic trade option. You all complain that Tony Parker is inconsistent, too small, TO prone, ball hogger, etc. etc. yet I have yet to hear any names. What PG's out there do you think we can trade for and which you think will make the Spurs better then they are now...which BTW is NBA Champs--can't get much better then that.

All I got was Marbury--which is such a horrible trade I am not even going to begin with that one.

hendrix
06-30-2005, 03:50 PM
That's not the same as what you wrote, which was:

It's pretty much what he meant. See the question. See the answer.

ShoogarBear
06-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Because of course, Manu wasn't trying in any way to be an All-Star.

1Parker1
Cool. :hat

Seriously though. I don't know why you're calling out the "Ginobili>>>>>>>>>>>>>Parker" people. Everyone knows it to be fact now. Well, except for the diehard Parker homers.

I am not denying that Manu is a better player than Parker, I am denying that he is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (infinitely) greater than Parker. They aren't as far apart talent-wise as many seem to think.

Marcus Bryant
Wrong again. You said that "all he cared" about was being an All-Star. As in he didn't care about if his team won or not.

ObiwanGinobili
Parker All-Star 2006 BABY!! BOOK IT!

Damn straight.

IceColdBrewski
06-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Damn! This is just starting to get interesting and now I have to go to work. Any way y'all can put this thread on hold till I get back? ;)

1Parker1
06-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Damn! This is just starting to get interesting and now I have to go to work. Any way y'all can put this thread on hold till I get back? ;)
Gladly Ice...I gotta leave work now anyways :)

midgetonadonkey
06-30-2005, 03:53 PM
In no way am I a Parker hater. I love the guy. I just don't think that he will make it on the roster with so many more popular guards in the west. He will have a career year, IMO. The people who vote for the squads, the fans, will always vote for the most popular players. And I don't think that Parker is a household name. Yet.

hendrix
06-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Actually to me it sounds like that he wants to improve his game to the All-Star level. If you are a Spurs fan (and not just a Manu fan) than that should be a good thing in your eyes. A young player pushing themselves to get better is a positive.

You forget to put the question:
What are your objectives for years to come?

Maybe it's me but the answer to that can be simplified to: "to be an All-Star next year"
He didnt add "and to win another championship" or "and to get a real girlfriend" or "and to win the World Championship with France". (just to add something).

hendrix
06-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Because of course, Manu wasn't trying in any way to be an All-Star.

Quote? Paste the text where Manu SAID he was trying JUST that.

hendrix
06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Wrong again. You said that "all he cared" about was being an All-Star. As in he didn't care about if his team won or not.

Read the question. Read the answer.

Extra Stout
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
In no way am I a Parker hater. I love the guy. I just don't think that he will make it on the roster with so many more popular guards in the west. He will have a career year, IMO. The people who vote for the squads, the fans, will always vote for the most popular players. And I don't think that Parker is a household name. Yet.Only the starters are voted in by the fans. The coaches pick the reserves.

If McGrady is listed as a SF, and Nash and Bryant start, then Parker's competing with Manu, Baron Davis, Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, Ray Allen (probably), and any West rookie guard who explodes onto the scene. He has a shot, but it's an outside shot.

ShoogarBear
06-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Quote? Paste the text where Parker SAID he was trying JUST that.

You have a problem with basic logical constructions.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 03:59 PM

Tony didn't say it was his ONLY goal either. In an interview a player is not going to list everything that he wants to accomplish. You only have so much time to answer a question. And Tony wanting to improve his game to an All-Star level is a good thing. It's not like he said "I want the fans to vote me an All-Star" or "I should have already been an All-Star". He acknowledged that he had a bad year from the free throw line and the perimeter and acknowldeged that he has to improve his game to get to the All-Star level. Those are good things.

And BTW, Tony considers Eva a "real girlfriend", so you can lay off that subject.

ObiwanGinobili
06-30-2005, 04:00 PM
name me a player who doesn't want ot be an allstar?
who doesn't strive to play at that level?
name me fans who don't want thier teams players to make the all star team?
name me fans who wouldnt be happy to hear that a player is working ot improve his game and skill level??

your arguing just to argue and thats pointless and annoying.

hendrix
06-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Quote? Paste the text where Parker SAID he was trying JUST that.
You have a problem with basic logical constructions.

Maybe so. But dont ask me again something I already did. (Page 1)

ShoogarBear
06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah, you already have it pre-configured so that you'll interpret anything Parker says as selfish, and anything Manu says as God-like. So what's the point in even discussing it?

Nobody else seems to agree with your interpretation, except for the card-carrying Parker-haters.

Marcus Bryant
Again, Parker said that was a goal of his, not his only goal, hendrix. Perhaps English is not your first language so I'll give you a little more time, but it's clear that Parker did not say that "all he cared" about was being an All-Star.

hendrix
Tony didn't say it was his ONLY goal either. In an interview a player is not going to list everything that he wants to accomplish. You only have so much time to answer a question. And Tony wanting to improve his game to an All-Star level is a good thing. It's not like he said "I want the fans to vote me an All-Star" or "I should have already been an All-Star". He acknowledged that he had a bad year from the free throw line and the perimeter and acknowldeged that he has to improve his game to get to the All-Star level. Those are good things.

Granted, interviews dont give you much time to fully answer. You have to answer with the first thing comes to mind or you top priority. Either way...

And BTW, Tony considers Eva a "real girlfriend", so you can lay off that subject.

Thats just a joke. How can I tell whats going on? :)

easjer
06-30-2005, 04:11 PM
I hope so.

hendrix
06-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Nobody else seems to agree with your interpretation, except for the card-carrying Parker-haters.

Thats the whole point of arguing. If everybody agrees on everything.... then there is no forum...

jcrod
06-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Actually to me it sounds like that he wants to improve his game to the All-Star level. If you are a Spurs fan (and not just a Manu fan) than that should be a good thing in your eyes. A young player pushing themselves to get better is a positive.

Very few and far between.

nkdlunch
06-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Parker has an outside shot of making the All-Star team because there aren't a lot of good PG's in the West and I heard that next season the alternates might be more position specific.

But remember he usually misses his outside shots :)

spurschick
06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
There are quite a few players who play at an All-Star level who come up short of the actual All-Star game because there just aren't enough spots. There were some coaches that thought TP should've been on the team last year. Elevating his game doesn't guarantee that he will make the team in 2006, but it should make the Spurs stronger towards repeating the championship. I'm sure he would like to make the All-Star team, but would like another ring more.

tp time
06-30-2005, 04:22 PM
ohhooo guys!!!! Tony is only 23 years old!!!!!!!! Manu (27?) hes so young and he would be a prospect in a draft!!

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Top 10 NBA point guards (no particular order):

Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Stephon Marbury
Tony Parker
Dwayne Wade
Andre Miller
Mike Bibby
Kirk Hinrich

You motherfuckers need to shut the fuck up about Parker and how bad he is. The funny thing is that a couple seasons back I had no problem with the Spurs pursuing Jason Kidd and I seem to recall some of the same motherfuckers up in here saying that the Spurs didn't need Jason Kidd. You motherfuckers will complain about anything. Fuck you.

spurschick
06-30-2005, 04:32 PM

Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Stephon Marbury
Tony Parker
Dwayne Wade
Andre Miller
Mike Bibby
Kirk Hinrich

Exactly... all of these guys are good and half of them won't get to Houston in 2006.

jcrod
06-30-2005, 04:33 PM

Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Stephon Marbury
Tony Parker
Dwayne Wade
Andre Miller
Mike Bibby
Kirk Hinrich

You motherfuckers need to shut the fuck up about Parker and how bad he is. The funny thing is that a couple seasons back I had no problem with the Spurs pursuing Jason Kidd and I seem to recall some of the same motherfuckers up in here saying that the Spurs didn't need Jason Kidd. You motherfuckers will complain about anything. Fuck you.

I wouldn't put Wade in that group, he's more of a 2, Damon Jones played the point for them.

With that said, there isn't one PG in this league I would take over TP. That is at this point in their careers.

E20
06-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Parker is a good player I don't know why a lot of Spurs fans give him a hard time. We need more French people on the board.

Banks91
06-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Spurs are not the spurs without parker, i dont kno if yall have noticed how dangerous parker and duncan are on the pick and roll, thats y tim didnt have that good of a series against the pistons cuz they defend that well. Pick and roll is very important to duncans productivity

Banks91
06-30-2005, 04:56 PM
he doesnt have to work for every basket that way

slayermin
06-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Save me a seat on that bandwagon. Tony Paker has made me a believer.

The two three pointers he hit against the Suns in game five were huge. The defense on Rip Hamilton in game five of the Finals showed big heart.

I think he has a great chance to be an all-star next year.

samikeyp
06-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I said it all through the season and I will say it again, as soon as he is a "dollar player" (good for four quarters) he will be an All-Star. He is still quite inconsistent but he is still very young and it going to get alot better. I am hoping next year will be the start.

14dave
06-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Tony allstar in 2006, of course!!!
GO TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbendbruisebrother
06-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm glad Tony has set being an all-star as a goal. It means he's going to have to focus on improving his weaknesses over the summer (jumpshots and freethrows come to mind). Hopefully a really focused Tony Parker will hit the ground running when the season starts in November.

Spursdaone
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
It's funny how his weaknesses now are the same ones when he started in the league. He hasn't improved his shooting at all and therefore will not be an allstar.

E20
06-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Spursdaone you give out lame-o stats that a baby could prove wrong.

Spursdaone
06-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Spursdaone you give out lame-o stats that a baby could prove wrong.
He couldn't shoot shit. He is good in everything else but shooting which is needed to be an allstar unless your Jason Kidd

strangeweather
06-30-2005, 06:43 PM
With that said, there isn't one PG in this league I would take over TP. That is at this point in their careers.

I really like Tony, and I think it would be awfully hard to do any better, but if I could pick anyone in the league to play PG for the Spurs at this point in their career, it would be Bibby. I think Chauncey would be the only other guy on that list I might take ahead of TP. And back in reality, it would be pretty much impossible to trade for either of those guys.

Also, Tony is still improving. A 23 year old point guard that isn't an active hindrance to his team is an awfully good find. I mean, geez, if Antonio Daniels can finally figure out how to play the point, you have to figure Tony is way ahead of the game.

sw

dn0
06-30-2005, 07:26 PM
All-star game?
I would be happy if he improves his free throws and learns how to create
game for the rest of the team.

jcrod
06-30-2005, 07:53 PM
I really like Tony, and I think it would be awfully hard to do any better, but if I could pick anyone in the league to play PG for the Spurs at this point in their career, it would be Bibby. I think Chauncey would be the only other guy on that list I might take ahead of TP. And back in reality, it would be pretty much impossible to trade for either of those guys.
sw

Again at this point in their careers, you can't go wrong with TP.

Bibby is 27, TP 23, you can make a good agrument that TP is better. Only thing Bibby has on him is shooting. Parker defends and drives better.

Billiups is 28, Billiups is clutch. But I could see Parker being better in five yrs.

The Spurs have won 2 of the past three championships with Parker. You can't argue that.

JUUOT
06-30-2005, 07:54 PM
a 23 years old that is 2 time nba champion being a Point guard.
he is slightly inconsistent but has improved every year.
Defense
this year his defense made a big jump forward to the point that for the 7th game popovich can tell parker was the one setting the tone on...Defense ouah when you have two first tem dfense in bowen and duncan on the floor and from the uncontested defense fanatic coach sounds like a progress. tony became one of the best PG defens wise.
thanks to this he can stay in the game even when he loses focus on offense allowing him to concentrate on D and get his game going.

contrary to what some thought he improved his Assist per game of .6 this year compared to .2 progression the season before.
shooting % went up from .47 to .482 and he scores nearly 2 more points per game.
all this considering he palyed the same average minutes per game.

this young player is improving right now in front of us and he is becoming one of the best and keeps improving.

and you know what ! for all the haters!
when you have all this two rings, the sexiest girl friend and you are rich. it takes to be a born competitor to keep wanting more and to be an all star. we should be thinking pop for motivating him like this and tony for working all summer.

i juts enjoy looking this team developing and changing. tony progress this year were shadowed by manu but the spurs triumvirate is preventing a lot of coach and GMs to worry. parker included because everybody in this league know it is just the begining!

ducks
06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
how long did it take aj to final be able hit some freaking jumpshots?

ducks
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
All-star game?
I would be happy if he improves his free throws and learns how to create
game for the rest of the team.

yeah 6 assist a game is nothing
should be 12 beings the ball goes thru duncan most of the time :rolleyes :rolleyes

kidd would be lucky to average the same number as tp :rolleyes

strangeweather
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Again at this point in their careers, you can't go wrong with TP.

Bibby is 27, TP 23, you can make a good agrument that TP is better. Only thing Bibby has on him is shooting. Parker defends and drives better.

Billiups is 28, Billiups is clutch. But I could see Parker being better in five yrs.

The Spurs have won 2 of the past three championships with Parker. You can't argue that.

Duncan and Ginobili will be in their prime and playing for titles for the next 5 years, which means that if you were going to pick the perfect guy, it would be someone who's a top guy now, but will still be at the top of his game for at least the next 5 years -- which is true of both Bibby and Billups.

I think both Billups and Bibby have, to date, been better both at setting up the open guy and as shooters, and they're both pretty clutch in big games. You can pick either one, and know pretty much how good he's going to be over the next few years, and it's pretty darn good.

Still, there's no question that Parker could end up being better than either one, because he's still improving. Look at where Billups was at 23, about to get bounced from his 3rd team in 3 years. And yeah, it's hard to go wrong with Parker's two rings. I'm just arguing differences of degree, that's all.

sw

Spurologist
07-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Would be awesome if parker made the all star team. What's the record for all star appearances for one team? Tony Tim Manu Pop. Nice.

nanya
07-01-2005, 08:58 PM
i agree with 1parker1 cause tony is one of my favorite basketball players yall are dissing him cause youre jelous. so for all you haters back off!!!!!!!!

1Parker1
07-01-2005, 09:03 PM
i agree with 1parker1 cause tony is one of my favorite basketball players yall are dissing him cause youre jelous. so for all you haters back off!!!!!!!!

:lol Welcome to the Forum, Nanya. You'll get used to the hating--just remember to always be prepared to defend yourself whenever you say something good about Tony Parker in this forum!

mookie2001
07-01-2005, 10:33 PM
parker can do it easily
phillygirl i put you in my book

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Parker will never make the all star team. He is a solid player but not an all star.

duncan_21
07-02-2005, 01:19 AM
I think if he does 2 things he can be put in the all star conversation.

They are:

1. Get a good 18-20ft consistent jumper

2. Get better court vision

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 01:33 AM
I think if he does 2 things he can be put in the all star conversation.

They are:

1. Get a good 18-20ft consistent jumper

2. Get better court vision
Those are the hardest things to develop if you don't have that to start with.

duncan_21
07-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Those are the hardest things to develop if you don't have that to start with.

Well I've seen guys like ewing develop a jump shot from shit. I think tp can do the same as that over sized ape. That jumper will help his passing giving him more chances at the rim and gettin the ball to an open teammate.

I don't think tp will ever be a magic/kidd type passer, that's not his game. I do see him gettin another 2 apg and 2ppg next season. Jordan wasn't known for his passing his first few years and increased his passing ability, I think tp will also improve.

Spursdaone
07-02-2005, 01:40 AM
I think it could happen but not often. Francis is an example of not improving.

1Parker1
02-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Bump

***Calling ALL HATERS who doubted me last season. You know who you are....:angel

leemajors
02-09-2006, 10:40 AM
13 ast. last night

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
tony parker is not allstar, hell dilbert arenas cant even get on the east squad

coopdogg3
02-09-2006, 10:53 AM
If Tony Parker is not an all-star, something is seriously wrong with the selection system. Spurs have 2 more losses than the Pistons, and everyone is stating that they should have 5 all-stars. Just ridiculous. If Pistons "deserve" 3-5 starters than the Spurs deserve 2 at least.

ObiwanGinobili
02-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Bump

***Calling ALL HATERS who doubted me last season. You know who you are....:angel

you are indeed a Philly goddess.

ducks
02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
tony parker is not allstar, hell dilbert arenas cant even get on the east squad

and the spurs did not win the title last year to :rolleyes :rolleyes

MI21
02-09-2006, 11:05 AM
1Parker1, you called it early. Very well done :tu

Fuck all the haters, Tony is completely legit now. The Spurs are likely to have a Top 3 PG in his prime for the next 6-8 years. I love it.

HB22inSA
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Why do you have to bring up old shit?

:)

nkdlunch
02-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Tony is completely legit now.

no, no, no, no.... tony is doing great, but wait for the playoffs to say that

ducks
02-09-2006, 11:30 AM
tp was one major reason spurs won it all last year
he had less subpar games in postseason then duncan and manu

nkdlunch
02-09-2006, 11:31 AM

so are u saying Tony was more important than Duncan and Manu last playoffs?????!!!??

Last playoffs TD, then Manu, then Tony

FromWayDowntown
02-09-2006, 11:39 AM

Who gives a crap about which order you put them in? The point is that the Spurs would not have won a title last year (or in 2003) without all three of them.

Nothing happens here without Tim, but Tony and Manu are both indispensable and the difference between the Spurs being pretty good and the Spurs being champions. It's great to see that both of them will have been rewarded for their crucial roles in making the Spurs what they are.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
I hope Tony does NOT make all star this season so he has a fire under him next season to bump his game to an even higher level.

nkdlunch
02-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Who gives a crap about which order you put them in? The point is that the Spurs would not have won a title last year (or in 2003) without all three of them.

Nothing happens here without Tim, but Tony and Manu are both indispensable and the difference between the Spurs being pretty good and the Spurs being champions. It's great to see that both of them will have been rewarded for their crucial roles in making the Spurs what they are.

I give a crap. tony was BAD last playoffs. he couldn hit one fucking open jumper. I cross my fingers this year he'll do better.

101A
02-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I hope Tony does NOT make all star this season so he has a fire under him next season to bump his game to an even higher level.

I think Tony has the fire regardless. Look at how much he has accomplished, and how much he keeps pushing. After All-Star, he'll set his sights higher. He wants to be considered the best PG in the league - a consistent stroke will do that; freeing him up to dish or score AT WILL - along with solid "D".

It IS good to be Spur fan.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-09-2006, 11:48 AM
The man still doesn't have a jumper to settle his bank roll on. When he finally becomes Earl Boykins-esque at mid range jumpers, he will be a true playa. Until then..

FromWayDowntown
02-09-2006, 03:13 PM
For old times sake . . . . .

Parker < Chris Whitney

Question.

ducks
02-09-2006, 03:15 PM
The man still doesn't have a jumper to settle his bank roll on. When he finally becomes Earl Boykins-esque at mid range jumpers, he will be a true playa. Until then..
did you not read what pj said :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

ducks
02-09-2006, 03:16 PM
so are u saying Tony was more important than Duncan and Manu last playoffs?????!!!??

I am saying that had spurs only had beno they would not have won it

nkdlunch
02-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I am saying that had spurs only had beno they would not have won it

yes you're right. Same goes for Horry, Mohammed, and Bowen.

CubanMustGo
02-09-2006, 03:54 PM
OFFICIAL: Parker an All-Star:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA020906.parkerallstar.en.f1031fa.html

Kori Ellis
02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Parker named to All-Star roster

Web Posted: 02/09/2006 02:39 PM CST
Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

DALLAS -- Spurs' point guard Tony Parker has been selected an All-Star for the first time in his five-year career.

The NBA's Western Conference Coaches voted Parker to one of seven reserve spots on the Western Conference team that will play in the Feb. 19 All-Star Game at the Toyota Center in Houston.

Parker is having the best season of his career. In the Spurs' 48 games he has averaged career highs in scoring (19.7 point per game), assists (5.9) and shooting percentage (55.1). He ranks second in the league in field goal percentage and points in the paint, both amazing accomplishments for a point guard. He trails only Miami's dominant center, Shaquille O'Neal, in field goal percentage.

Parker, who becomes the first French national to make an NBA All-Star roster, played one of his most complete games of the season in the Spurs' 125-118 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday, scoring 32 points and handing out 13 assists. He recorded his career high in points (38) in the Spurs' victory at Miami on Jan. 20.

Ironically, Parker will be playing in the All-Star Game for the Spurs' point guard he replaced, Avery Johnson. Johnson, who remains the Spurs' all-time assists leader, now coaches the Dallas Mavericks. Though the Mavericks are tied with the Spurs for best record in the Western Conference, which determines the Western Conference head coach, Spurs' Coach Gregg Popovich isn't allowed to coach the team two years in a row.

"What a great young player," said Johnson, who wore No. 6 when he played for the Spurs. "You turn over No. 6, and there's Tony's No. 9. But he's better, he's quicker, and just a terrific player. He and Timmy (Duncan) just make a great one-two punch. He plays the game the right way. He sticks to what he does very well, and I'm looking forward to coaching him on All-Star weekend."

The All-Star reserves won't officially be announced until just before the Mavericks play the Miami Heat in a nationally televised game on the TNT cable network on Thursday night, but Parker's selection was confirmed for the Express-News on Wednesday afternoon.

[email protected]

Kori Ellis
02-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Congrats to 1Parker1 for calling it in June when she started this thread. :)

pache100
02-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Ironically, Parker will be playing in the All-Star Game for the Spurs' point guard he replaced, Avery Johnson. Johnson, who remains the Spurs' all-time assists leader, now coaches the Dallas Mavericks.

That made me grin! :spin

samikeyp
02-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Nice job Philly goddess...well done! :tu

boutons_
02-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Congrats, Tony.

You've raised your game this season surprisingly, unimaginably higher than your game of just last June.

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2006, 04:14 PM

Please don't tell me she gets a Spur for that, cause if she does, I'm going to start a "Shawn Marks for 6th man of the Year" thread, in hopes of getting lucky

T Park
02-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Wheres Brewski?

I thought,

"Parker will not be an allstar"

Of course thats the original

Udrih > Parker

spurster
02-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Awesome. Well-deserved.

Given the lack of defense at these games, we should see quite a few layups from TP.

Melmart1
02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Please don't tell me she gets a Spur for that, cause if she does, I'm going to start a "Shawn Marks for 6th man of the Year" thread, in hopes of getting lucky

Considering all the naysayers and people who scoffed at her, I would say she deserves it if she is so bestowed with it. Congrats, 1Parker1! You give me hope for people from Philly :lol

I wonder how many times they will show Eva in the stands? :spin

spursfaninla
02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
I must admit I didn't think Tony would improve so much.

Last he shot .48%, which is VERY DAMN GOOD. This year he is shooting over 50%, and for a guard that is Stockton-like. AND he is averaging about 20 ppg, which considering his shooting percentage makes him VERY efficient.

Unfortunately, his jumpshooting percentage is (supposedly) about the same, low 40's.

As a scoring pg (which he we have always known he would be), he is one of the best, if not the best. I think his efficiency says it all. If his shooting solidifies more from the outside, he will be far and away the best. HOwever, with his game predicated so much on speed, he probably has another 3 years of this kind of production and then all those years of playing will start to wear him down a bit.

As an assist/low turnover pg, he is probaby closer to average. On the break (again we saw it coming), he is great.

Overall, I say he is now top 5.
1)Nash
2)Chauncy
3)Parker
4)Arenas
5)AI? (I think hes really a combo guard)

Kori Ellis
02-09-2006, 05:18 PM
prepare to be shocked on TNT later.

TP will be left out. as for me, I am damn sure KG is in. If not for for the grandest homerism by you spursies,the argentineans,slovenians,french,virgin islanders and kiwis - all voting 50x daily by clearing cookies and the like. if not for this awful scheme, KG would've been the other starting forward.

The NBA already informed the Spurs/Express-News that he made it.
:lol

ChumpDumper
02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
wolves009 is claiming he will shock the world.

Where have I heard that before?

Kori Ellis
02-09-2006, 05:22 PM
It ain't final until TNT says so :rolleyes

Your local paper is too homerized for me to believe it Kori :rolleyes

Well they got their info from the Spurs -- who've been told by the NBA. It's official when the NBA says so, not TNT.

ChumpDumper
02-09-2006, 05:23 PM
The Spurs are too pro-Spurs to believe.

1Parker1
02-09-2006, 05:24 PM

Why, Thank you. At the time, I was condemned as a "Parker Homer" so it feels good to be right :)

:rolleyes It wasn't just luck. When are you people going to realize...I am ALWAYS right :angel

Nice job Philly goddess...

Philly Goddess...I like the sound of that. Maybe it's time to change my screen name :)

1Parker1

:lol :lol

1Parker1

PS. Thanks Spurschick for the avatar last June!! :)

midgetonadonkey
02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA020906.parkerallstar.en.f1031fa.html

Parker named to All-Star roster

Web Posted: 02/09/2006 02:39 PM CST
Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

DALLAS -- Spurs' point guard Tony Parker has been selected an All-Star for the first time in his five-year career.

advertisement

The NBA's Western Conference Coaches voted Parker to one of seven reserve spots on the Western Conference team that will play in the Feb. 19 All-Star Game at the Toyota Center in Houston.

Parker is having the best season of his career. In the Spurs' 48 games he has averaged career highs in scoring (19.7 point per game), assists (5.9) and shooting percentage (55.1). He ranks second in the league in field goal percentage and points in the paint, both amazing accomplishments for a point guard. He trails only Miami's dominant center, Shaquille O'Neal, in field goal percentage.

Parker, who becomes the first French national to make an NBA All-Star roster, played one of his most complete games of the season in the Spurs' 125-118 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday, scoring 32 points and handing out 13 assists. He recorded his career high in points (38) in the Spurs' victory at Miami on Jan. 20.

Ironically, Parker will be playing in the All-Star Game for the Spurs' point guard he replaced, Avery Johnson. Johnson, who remains the Spurs' all-time assists leader, now coaches the Dallas Mavericks. Though the Mavericks are tied with the Spurs for best record in the Western Conference, which determines the Western Conference head coach, Spurs' Coach Gregg Popovich isn't allowed to coach the team two years in a row.

"What a great young player," said Johnson, who wore No. 6 when he played for the Spurs. "You turn over No. 6, and there's Tony's No. 9. But he's better, he's quicker, and just a terrific player. He and Timmy (Duncan) just make a great one-two punch. He plays the game the right way. He sticks to what he does very well, and I'm looking forward to coaching him on All-Star weekend."

The All-Star reserves won't officially be announced until just before the Mavericks play the Miami Heat in a nationally televised game on the TNT cable network on Thursday night, but Parker's selection was confirmed for the Express-News on Wednesday afternoon.

FreshPrince22
02-09-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39066/20060209/gasol_becomes_grizzlies_first_all_star_parker_and_ marion_named_too/

azcentral.com - For the first time in franchise history the Grizzlies will have a representative in the NBA All-Star game. Eyewitness Sports has learned Pau Gasol will be a reserve center for the western conference during All-Star Weekend. The Grizzlies fifth year player is averaging 19.6 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 4.3 rebounds thru 47 games this season.

Tony Parker and Shawn Marion will also be on the roster, while Carmelo Anthony and Marcus Camby were left off.

Congrats Tony.

thispego
02-09-2006, 06:25 PM
HELL YEAH

thispego
02-09-2006, 06:30 PM
what is up elpimpo?

im chillin in the sm

Horry For 3!
02-09-2006, 06:31 PM
It would be fucked up if Tony wasn't in the all-star game

tp time
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Unbelievable, an all star french guy , a dream come true..

GrandeDavid
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Awesome. Well-deserved. Tony just continues to progress and I think in a couple more years he'll be the bomb, the best PG in the L.

clooneyschick04
02-09-2006, 06:34 PM
It would be just plain wrong if he wasn't an All-Star this year. He's been fantastic.

Well done Tony!! :tu :tu

timvp
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
This is the same realgm that said Manu signed with Denver.

That said, Parker is on the All-Star team.

ShoogarBear
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Congratulations, 1P1, on making the call.

Also, on this:

Parker, on hearing of his selection, also thanked "that leetle gurl frum Pheely who hass sooported me all alung" and promised "a leetle extrah sooprise foah hur eef Eva ees nut ahrhound" the next time the Spurs travel to Philadelphia.

Duncanoypi
02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
:elephant :elephant :elephant

Melmart1
02-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Parker, on hearing of his selection, also thanked "that leetle gurl frum Pheely who hass sooported me all alung" and promised "a leetle extrah sooprise foah hur eef Eva ees nut ahrhound" the next time the Spurs travel to Philadelphia.

wow, that is next week, 1P1. You better get ready... I hear Tony likes Brazillian...

SpursWoman
02-09-2006, 06:53 PM

So I guess that would make Tony a man, now? :lol

Way to Believe. 1P1! :elephant

picnroll
02-09-2006, 06:57 PM

yeahone
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Congrats Parker

Bruno
02-09-2006, 07:08 PM
:elephant

Western Conference All-Stars
34 Ray Allen (Seattle) G 6-5 205 07/20/75 Connecticut 6
42 Elton Brand (L.A. Clippers) F 6-8 265 03/11/79 Duke 2
8 *Kobe Bryant (L.A. Lakers) G 6-6 220 08/23/78 Lower Merion HS 8
21 *Tim Duncan (San Antonio) F 7-0 260 04/25/76 Wake Forest 8
21 Kevin Garnett (Minnesota) F 6-11 220 05/19/76 Farragut Academy (HS) 9
16 #Pau Gasol (Memphis) C 7-0 227 07/06/80 Spain 1
31 Shawn Marion (Phoenix) F 6-7 228 05/07/78 UNLV 3
1 *Tracy McGrady (Houston) F 6-8 210 05/24/79 Mt. Zion Academy (HS) 6
11 *Yao Ming (Houston) C 7-6 310 09/12/80 China 4
13 *Steve Nash (Phoenix) G 6-3 180 02/07/74 Santa Clara 4
41 Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas) F 7-0 245 06/19/78 Germany 5
9 #Tony Parker (San Antonio) G 6-2 177 05/17/82 France 1

spurschick
02-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Congrats Tony!

spurschick
02-09-2006, 07:18 PM
PS. Thanks Spurschick for the avatar last June!! :)

I'm glad it came true for you. :spin

lilmads
02-09-2006, 07:42 PM
TP made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! !!!

SoCalSpursFan
02-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Good Call Playa

Spurologist
02-09-2006, 08:42 PM
I thought this was another one of those "He should be in the ASG threads." Congrats to Tony.

Kori Ellis
02-09-2006, 08:45 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20771&page=4&pp=26

CubanMustGo
02-09-2006, 09:04 PM

Damn, dude, are you EVER right?

2centsworth
02-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Wheres Brewski?

I thought,

"Parker will not be an allstar"

Of course thats the original

Udrih > Parker
People make mistakes, but hopefully he owns up to his.

T Park
02-09-2006, 09:45 PM

OWNED

snowboarder
02-09-2006, 09:55 PM
:elephant

ducks
02-09-2006, 10:50 PM
what would tp's numbers be if he was a nugget and how many more w's would they have?

Brutalis
02-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Tony was an obvious shoe-in. Seriously the 2nd best PG in the West IMHO.

snowboarder
02-09-2006, 11:44 PM
prepare to be shocked on TNT later.

TP will be left out. as for me, I am damn sure KG is in. If not for for the grandest homerism by you spursies,the argentineans,slovenians,french,virgin islanders and kiwis - all voting 50x daily by clearing cookies and the like. if not for this awful scheme, KG would've been the other starting forward.

you were only allowed to vote for the starters
coaches chose the reserves

cry some more

SPARKY
02-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Parker = All-Star.

Parker > Whitney. QED.

hussker
02-10-2006, 12:05 AM
I see 14 in the paint for TP

ZStomp
02-10-2006, 12:09 AM

:rolleyes

Freaken idiot...once a fool...always a fool.

NBA makes these decisions...not TNT....

:pctoss

vincerodriguez23
02-10-2006, 12:13 AM

Oh and 2Centsworth, Parker is going to show you why he is worth $66 million.

i love you parker girl

Nikos
02-10-2006, 12:17 AM

Parker had several subpar games, but none that looked horrible in a box score in terms of FGM-FGA.

But in terms of consistency and efficiency I would actually say Horry might have been more consistent in the 2005 playoffs. Parker had a handful of excellent games, a bunch a of mediocre games, and a few horrible ones on offense (but still worked and did solid on D).

To compare TP to Duncan and Manu in the playoffs is ridiculous IMO. Parker in the regular season wasn't too far off from Manu in terms of production (was clearly less efficient though) -- but in the playoffs Parker was no where near TD or Manu as a whole statistically (and from basic observation actually).

Parker was very good in the 04-05 season, but this season he has been MUCH more efficient WITHOUT even improving his court vision or outside shooting. That is incredible. I think this a good sign, and it is very likely that Parker will improve upon his previous playoff performances this season by being more consistent and efficient. As long as Parker keeps shooting such a high % the team can live with his slight propensity to turn it over. But why quibble? Parker aside from being a little turnover happy has been great this season. If he can keep up this style and efficiency in the playoffs, this team will be dynamite.

Props to Parker for becoming an all star. He clearly deserved it this season, being one of the top 4-5 PG's thus far. He clearly has been more valuable than Manu this season, and isn't too far from TD. Actually as a scorer TP has basically been the #1 option this season, and the most productive and valuable Spur on offense. The thing that makes him close but not quite as valuable this season as Duncan is his lack of defense and rebounding value relative to TD.

spurs=bling
02-10-2006, 12:19 AM
I see 14 in the paint for TP
18 pts

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2006, 12:36 AM
tp makin asg is just wrong, fuckn bs

spurs=bling
02-10-2006, 12:38 AM
tp makin asg is just wrong, fuckn bs
STFU

IceColdBrewski
02-10-2006, 12:46 AM
So frenchy made it in eh? Well, I guess I was wrong. Bout damn time he started living up to all the pole-smoking y'all tried to convince me he was worthy of. I'm still holding out final judgment until I see him bring it in the playoffs though.

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2006, 12:54 AM
western team is goin to lose cose tp is goin to hog it

spurs=bling
02-10-2006, 12:57 AM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s29/smilies-23166.png

anakha
02-10-2006, 01:23 AM

That's ALL_STAR ballhog to you, puta .

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Seriously i hope avery doesnt play him any minutes

anakha
02-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Seriously i hope avery doesnt play him any minutes

You've clung to the belief that Parker sucks like it's the only reason for your existence.

His selection to the ASG just invalidated all of that.

What'll you do now, that your belief has lost all meaning?

Whatever you say about him from now on means nothing, now that he will always be known as an All-Star.

Pathetic.

slayermin
02-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Congrats to TP. He deserves it.

If he pulls it off, would he be the first point guard to lead the league in points in the paint for a season?

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2006, 02:58 AM
okay time to pass the joint around...

Bambililos
02-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Yeah! Tony deserves to be an All Star. I'm very glad for him, and also a little proud because I'm French and a big Spurs fan!
For those who didn't believe in June that he could make it I say: HAHAHAHAHA! And for the diehard Manu fans I would say that he's is definitely a good player but he does not deserve to be an all star this year because he was too much injured and not that impressive when he was on court. Tony has led the team even when Tim was not as good as before, and he has improved where he needed. he was aware of his problems in mid-range jumpers ans he has worked all summer and keeps working to be the best point guard in the league. the guy is only 23! he already has 2 rings, one all star game now and he will be a MVP one day!
go tony go, and go spurs go!!!!

travis2
02-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Crybaby bitch article from Bernie Lincicome in 5...4...3...2...

LilMissSPURfect
02-10-2006, 08:38 AM
You da man TONY...Keep up the good work..............now where can i get my hands on the jerzzzey?

pache100
02-10-2006, 09:16 AM
YES!!!

http://i1.tinypic.com/ngq3w8.gif http://i1.tinypic.com/ngq3y0.gif http://i1.tinypic.com/ngq442.gif http://i1.tinypic.com/ngq45l.gif

1Parker1
02-10-2006, 02:46 PM

:lmao Thanks for passing along that info Shoog :)

1Parker1
02-10-2006, 02:49 PM
So frenchy made it in eh? Well, I guess I was wrong. Bout damn time he started living up to all the pole-smoking y'all tried to convince me he was worthy of. I'm still holding out final judgment until I see him bring it in the playoffs though.

Nice, that's one down. Now...where's that 2centsworth character? :smokin

1Parker1
02-10-2006, 10:30 PM
"If you're Jason Kidd, why don't you want to come to San Antonio Spurs?" Parker said. "They're going to give you $120 million for to play with Tim Duncan. I'd sign right away. Seriously, I'm surprised Jason didn't come. I'm sure he's regretting it now."

:lol Seriously, what was Kidd :smokin?

ShoogarBear
02-10-2006, 10:44 PM
PARKER TO TAKE TIME OFF TO PROMOTE ALBUM

San Antonio (AP): San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker announced today that he is requesting a month's haitus from the team in order to promote his new rap album.

TDMVPDPOY
02-10-2006, 11:30 PM
tp<timberlake sings to kidd = cry me a river boo hoo....

anakha
02-11-2006, 02:34 AM
tp<timberlake sings to kidd = cry me a river boo hoo....

Wow, this made even less sense than usual, coming from you. Are you feeling well, by any chance?