PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Russell Wilson for playing the Mark Sanchez role

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Just rely on your defense and running game, like you've been doing all year:tu

benefactor
01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Quality take tbh.

benefactor
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Could also be the Matt Schaub role. I'd take Schaub over Wilson though.

Avante
01-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Ya mean that Russell Wilson who tied the record for rookie QB TD passes? The guy who totally out stated Andrew Luck?

How many INTs did these guys throw today? Wilson...0.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Avante's ass has been bleeding out of control for the last hour since RGknee's injury. Pretty hilarious to watch.

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Russell Wilson goes to a team one season removed from a playoff win and wins a playoff game because his defense beat the shit out of Griffin and Beastmode ran over the 'skins defense, meanwhile Luck goes to a shitty team with a stricken coach, orchestrated seven 4th quarter wins en route to 11 wins, having the world placed on his throwing arm for lack of a dominant defense and running game and Avante wants to compare the players through stats which are dictated by situations like I mentioned above.

Trade teams. Colts are a 5-win club and Seattle is a Super Bowl favorite.

:lol game manager

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Russell Wilson goes to a team one season removed from a playoff win and wins a playoff game because his defense beat the shit out of Griffin and Beastmode ran over the 'skins defense, meanwhile Luck goes to a shitty team with a stricken coach, orchestrated seven 4th quarter wins, had the world placed on his arm for lack of a dominant defense and running game and Avante wants to compare the players through stats which are dictated by situations like I mentioned above.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad43/LascelleLegend/9760j4.gif

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Mark Sanchez's first playoff game: 12/15, 182 yds, 1 td. Almost identical stats, except for Sanchez's obvious edge in accuracy.

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Avante's ass has been bleeding out of control for the last hour since RGknee's injury. Pretty hilarious to watch.

Didn' t I mention that RW would accomplish more before the season started?

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
And Sanchez had shittier receivers.

Trainwreck2100
Russell Wilson goes to a team one season removed from a playoff win and wins a playoff game because his defense beat the shit out of Griffin and Beastmode ran over the 'skins defense, meanwhile Luck goes to a shitty team with a stricken coach, orchestrated seven 4th quarter wins en route to 11 wins, having the world placed on his throwing arm for lack of a dominant defense and running game and Avante wants to compare the players through stats which are dictated by situations like I mentioned above.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2115s8i.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE
Didn' t I mention that RW would accomplish more before the season started?

He hasn't accomplished more than either Luck or RG3. If he was on Washington or Indy, neither team makes the playoffs.

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Mark Sanchez's first playoff game: 12/15, 182 yds, 1 td. Almost identical stats, except for Sanchez's obvious edge in accuracy.

You might wanna check his rookie stats vs RW's.

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
He hasn't accomplished more than either Luck or RG3. If he was on Washington or Indy, neither team makes the playoffs.

You might get a nut talking fantasy, I'm into reality. Who threw the most TD's, who advanced in the playoffs...reality, give it a shot.

Trill Clinton
01-06-2013, 08:05 PM

Russy 2 clutch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any qb on the arizona cardinals roster

http://i49.tinypic.com/2dr8dit.png

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Ever look at things like...

TD's
completion %
INT's
QB ranking

...ya might wanna start.

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Some guy bitching about "talking fantasy" they must forget their *insert past players vs. each other* even though they never played each other schtick

KoolAid Mans Brother
01-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Final Playoff Round 1 Black QB Report Card:

Joe Webb:
11/30
180 yds (mostly in garbage time)
1 lost fumble, 1 interception, 1 garbage time td
54.9 QB Rating
BLOWOUT LOSS

RG3:
10/19
84 yds (CROFL)
1 lost fumble, 1 interception, 2 tds
INJURED AND LOST DUE TO NOT UNDERSTANDING THE QB POSITION

Russel Wilson:
15/26
187 yds
1 fumble, 2tds
UGLY WIN ONLY BECAUSE OF 224 RUSHING YARDS BY HIS TEAM AND THE FACT THAT HE WAS PLAYING A BLACK QB

FINAL GRADE:AN EMPHATIC F- AND AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE NFL

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:08 PM

And? No shit! Cardinals QBs suck. Has no barring on the discussion.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:09 PM
You might get a nut talking fantasy, I'm into reality. Who threw the most TD's, who advanced in the playoffs...reality, give it a shot.

No, you're all for intellectual dishonesty by ignoring factors like which one relies more on play action, has better receivers, has better RBs, etc.

The reality is, the Seahawks would trade Russell Wilson for Luck if it was offered, and they'd need about 1-2 seconds to make that decision.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:10 PM

TD's
completion %
INT's
QB ranking

...ya might wanna start.

He prolly looks at them as much as you look at passing yards

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2013, 08:10 PM
And Sanchez had shittier receivers.
Another solid point.

Trill Clinton
01-06-2013, 08:13 PM
And? No shit! Cardinals QBs suck. Has no barring on the discussion.

yea it does.

you commenting on another qb's performance is moot since your team hasn't had a qb since warner left.

your post is evidence that you have to use some wack logic to convince yourself that Russy 2 clutch isn't good.

Avante
No, you're all for intellectual dishonesty by ignoring factors like which one relies more on play action, has better receivers, has better RBs, etc.

The reality is, the Seahawks would trade Russell Wilson for Luck if it was offered, and they'd need about 1-2 seconds to make that decision.

The reality is that a team drafts a QB to fit their system, which QB did the best at running the system he was put in?

Stop with the fantasy shit, try dealing with the facts,

Facts

RW had a higher rating, completion %, more TD's. less INT's than Luck. He won in the playoffs, Luck is done, FACTS!!!!!!!!

JMarkJohns

TD's
completion %
INT's
QB ranking

...ya might wanna start.

You mean stats. Which are produced through systems. Systems which are opportunistic on situations and circumstances. Wilson having the most ideal twixt the three, and certainly more ideal than the 2-win, stricken coached, lackluster defensed, mediocre protectioned Colts and Luck.

You post stats as if the playing fields are even and uniform. They aren't, so looking at them within this delusional vacuum is flawed, biased, and not nearly the evidence you think it to be.

Stats are a byproduct.

johnsmith
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Lol, cowboys.

johnsmith
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Lol, romo

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:15 PM
yea it does.

you commenting on another qb's performance is moot since your team hasn't had a qb since warner left.

your post is evidence that you have to use some wack logic to convince yourself that Russy 2 clutch isn't good.

Cowboys sat at home due to QB play same as Cardinals, so I guess you'll need to shut the fuck up, too.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:16 PM
You mean stats. Which are produced through systems. Systems which are opportunistic on situations and circumstances. Wilson having the most ideal twixt the three, and certainly more ideal than the 2-win, stricken coached, lackluster defensed, mediocre protectioned Colts and Luck.

You post stats as if the playing fields are even and uniform. They aren't, so looking at them within this delusional vacuum is flawed, biased, and not nearly the evidence you think it to be.

Stats are a byproduct.
He knows this, he just doesn't care about intellectual dishonesty.

Trainwreck2100
yea it does.

It also means he can recognise shit qbs when he sees then cause he's been exposed to them so much.

johnsmith
Lol, botched snap.

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
He prolly looks at them as much as you look at passing yards

What do teams do when they are constanting playing catch up?

johnsmith
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Why do you think it is that black women smell the way they do? According to you?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Throwing passes.

A team that went 11-5 must have been pretty successful at playing catch up.

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
And Trill, where have I ever said Wilson sucks? Making shit up is weak sister shit. Avante lies out his ass enough without you twisting comparative arguments juxtaposing situations and not just statistics.

Trill, who you got for MVP?

DeadlyDynasty
Throwing passes.

A team that went 11-5 must have been pretty successful at playing catch up.

Robin Lopez

Avante

Stats are a byproduct.

How about winning games and moving on in the playoffs?

What rookie won more games?
What rookie threw for more TD's?
What rookie won a playoff game?

Trill Clinton
01-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Cowboys sat at home due to QB play same as Cardinals, so I guess you'll need to shut the fuck up, too.

why should i shut up when i'm not making ludicrous posts about how much a good qb sucks?

go on, go head and tell us more about how Russy 2 clutch is a scrub:rollin

johnsmith
why should i shut up when i'm not making ludicrous posts about how much a good qb sucks?

go on, go head and tell us more about how Russy 2 clutch is a scrub:rollin

Lol, irrelevant football town.

Trill Clinton
Trill, who you got for MVP?

adrian peterson

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:21 PM
adrian peterson
Why?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
What's really funny is Trill Clinton is so desperate to see white people like black QBs he looks the other way when Avante says extremely racist stuff like black women smell bad :rollin

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
which qb played against an injured qb?

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
I also notice how you glossed over the fact I called you out for twisting my arguments. Went straight for the MVP question.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
So the Colts call the Seahawks and offer Luck for Wilson. What do the Seahawks do? Serious answers please.

Trill Clinton
01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I also notice how you glossed over the fact I called you out for twisting my arguments. Went straight for the MVP question.

i can do that.

What's really funny is Trill Clinton (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20413) is so desperate to see white people like black QBs he looks the other way when Avante says extremely racist stuff like black women smell bad :rollin

i really don't give a fuck:lol

DPG21920
01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Ya mean that Russell Wilson who tied the record for rookie QB TD passes? The guy who totally out stated Andrew Luck?

How many INTs did these guys throw today? Wilson...0.

Luck had a similar completion percentage and more total yards than Russ despite not having a top 3 defense and a RB who goes off consistently to pick up huge runs, tds and first downs.

Oh yea, Luck put up more total yards as well against a much better defense.

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:27 PM
So the Colts call the Seahawks and offer Luck for Wilson. What do the Seahawks do? Serious answers please.

Wilson threw more TD;s in far less throws, he is more mobile, he doesn't turn the ball over. What are you not getting?

If I'm starting a franchise I'm running the ball and drafting RW over Luck.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Wilson threw more TD;s in far less throws, he is more mobile, he doesn't turn the ball over. What are you not getting?

If I'm starting a franchise I'm running the ball and drafting RW over Luck.

Why can't you give a direct answer to the question?

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Luck had a similar completion percentage and more total yards than Russ despite not having a top 3 defense and a RB who goes off consistently to pick up huge runs, tds and first downs.

Oh yea, Luck put up more total yards as well against a much better defense.

What are you looking at, other than yards it wasn't even close at all, RW had a better seaon as far as stats go. RW had a better season by far, prove that statement wrong.

How many turnovers did Luck have today, how about RW?

DPG21920
01-06-2013, 08:30 PM
uhhh wins?

johnsmith
i can do that.

i really don't give a fuck:lol

Congrats, you just became the black Avante.....do you think black women smell bad too?

Bill_Brasky
Russy 2 clutch

:lmao

DPG21920
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
You are terrible at trolling :lol

Avante
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Why can't you give a direct answer to the question?

I just did.....Russell Wilson.

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:35 PM
So, Trill, I'll answer my own question.

I have AP as well. Why? Because if Denver can make the playoffs and win there vs. the Steelers with Tebow as QB, then what a real QB in Manning can do is not nearly as impressive as what a runningback did with a shitty QB, injury-depleted receiving corps, average defensed, marginally coached Vikings team, leading them to the playoffs in a tough division, against all odds, vs. defenses who's only job was to stop him.

The situations and circumstances that gave rise to the impressive stats from both Manning and Peterson are not nearly equal, so despite quality stats, my support goes to the one who had to overcome more to get where he got.

Same logic I apply to Luck vs. Wilson. The Colts lived and died by the over-used throwing arm of Luck, who took more total hits than any rookie QB ever according to reports. Seahawks have the defense and running game to survive average games from Wilson. Colts do not. That responsibility means a lot.

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
i can do that.

Yes, you can be a bitch, flailing your arms in an antagonistic fashion to rile shit up, then backpedal faster than Carmelo after a sucker punch in order to avoid addressing the truth of the matter.

Yes, you can do all this... Well.

tlongII
01-06-2013, 08:41 PM

They decline obviously. That is the truth.

DPG21920
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM

:lol If the Seahawks had Luck, they would be legit SB contenders.

tlongII
01-06-2013, 08:44 PM
:lol If the Seahawks had Luck, they would be legit SB contenders.

They're already legit SB contenders.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM

No it's not and you know that. The only question is whether or not it would take 1 second or 2 seconds for them to say, "Tell Andrew to pack his bags"

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:46 PM
No it's not and you know that. The only question is whether or not it would take 1 second or 2 seconds for them to say, "Tell Andrew to pack his bags"

It'd take just long enough for them to check a calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

DPG21920
01-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Shut up tlong

tlongII
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM

Bullshit. Wilson has total control of the organization now.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:50 PM

If that's true then I'm sorry.

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2013, 08:51 PM

well that's not good

tlongII
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
If that's true then I'm sorry.

Don't be sorry. This is a Super Bowl team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Don't be sorry. This is a Super Bowl team.

I'll give you 5 to 1 odds. $100 they don't make the superbowl this year.

Let's see Tlong pussy out of this bet.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM

He won't take it. He's weak like that.

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM

Game manager...general manager: I can see how Tlong would get confused.

tlongII
01-06-2013, 09:03 PM

Obviously I'm not taking that bet. You wouldn't pay up anyway.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Obviously I'm not taking that bet. You wouldn't pay up anyway.

Why not since they're a superbowl team? I'll give the money to Kori in advance.

tlongII
01-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Why not since they're a superbowl team? I'll give the money to Kori in advance.

They have to win 2 more on the road. I believe they will though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
They have to win 2 more on the road. I believe they will though.

Then why not bet me? I'm giving you odds.

Do you wanna bet $100 straight up on the game next week?

tlongII
01-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Then why not bet me? I'm giving you odds.

Do you wanna bet $100 straight up on the game next week?

It's a bad bet.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
It's a bad bet.

Give me a good bet and we'll work from there.

Avante
01-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Any rookie QB on the road "again" vs any top seed is in over their head. The Falcons will have to lose that game, the Seahawks can't win it unless they do.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
:lmaoNot taking 5-1 odds. More tlong false bravado:lol

DPG21920
01-06-2013, 09:25 PM
If you believe someone is a superbowl team in reality, then get 5-1 odds on it, it's a tremendous bet. :lol

Tlong is an old liar who doesn't believe in his team :lol

If you go to Vegas, look at the teams that people believe are true superbowl contenders, you aren't getting 5-1 on them.

Malik Hairston
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
In all honesty, Russell Wilson is the most overrated QB of my generation, tbh..

He's a good game manager with the potential of becoming a good overall QB, but he receives credit equivalent to QBs that are required to carry the load..Seattle has the best defense in the NFL, along with a top 3 running game..

At least Seattle's defense receives a little credit..Marshawn Lynch sees virtually no hype, tbh, it's a shame..

BTW, Alfred Morris merits more ROTY consideration than Wilson or Griffin, tbh..

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 10:22 PM
In all honesty, Russell Wilson is the most overrated QB of my generation, tbh..

He's a good game manager with the potential of becoming a good overall QB, but he receives credit equivalent to QBs that are required to carry the load..Seattle has the best defense in the NFL, along with a top 3 running game..

At least Seattle's defense receives a little credit..Marshawn Lynch sees virtually no hype, tbh, it's a shame..

BTW, Alfred Morris merits more ROTY consideration than Wilson or Griffin, tbh..

Great. Fuckin'. Post.

vander
01-06-2013, 10:47 PM
certain posters here constantly ripping RG3 and Wilson reeks of fear IMO

have a little confidence in reality, and chill out

JMarkJohns
01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
There's a difference twixt ripping players and stating realities that certain players are limited or game managers.