PDA

View Full Version : NFL Divisional Round ATS Picks

Ghazi
01-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Texans @ Patriots (-9) - The Pats destroyed the Texans last game, and exploited the lack of a secondary pass rusher to compliment JJ Watt. Brady wasn't really under much stress at all throughout the game. Then you have a warm weather team playing in cold weather. Texans looked like a legit contender the first 8 weeks,but tailed off big time since. Probably a no play for me, I almost feel like taking the Texans to cover just because the public is gonna be whoring the Patriots. In addition, I still feel like the Patriots are a team overrated by the wiseguys and the public. Their pass defense is so atrocious, it simply cannot be ignored. While they did have the best offense in the league, it is that defense that allowed them to look completely outclassed against the Niners, let Henne have a big game, fail to blowout a lot of teams you'd expect them to, etc. Relying on turnovers is not a successful strategy.

Packers @ Niners (-3) - The Niners have one of the best offenses in football but nobody knows about it. I expect they'll be able to run the ball against the Packers. All of this elite QB talk is nonsense... Niners have beaten Brady, Rodgers, and Brees this year. Fact of the matter is, especially if Justin Smith is playing, this team makes elite QBs look pretty pedestrian. They dominated the Patriots until Justin Smith got hurt. I believe the bye will allow for Harbaugh to have come up with some creative playcalling to let Kaepernick's dual threat talents shine. I love the Niners here, I've said they're the best team in the NFC for weeks so why not back them @ home against an overhyped Packers team?

Ravens @ Broncos (-8.5) - Ravens still come off as average to me, I feel like they beat the weakest team in the playoffs (besides Vikings due to Webb). I actually would be very comfortable swallowing 8.5 points here as I feel like the Broncos are the best team in football while the Ravens are a middle of the pack team.

Seahawks @ Falcons (-2.5) - This is the only case where I'll back an underdog. As I said in the other threat, I just love how the Seahawks matchup w/ the Falcons. Betting against the Falcons at home is risky, but they showed an inability to defend the run all year and cannot run the ball well themselves, masking a weakness of the Seahawks defense. The secondary is big and physical, Jones/Roddy can be contained. I'm taking the team with the better rushing attack and defense here. Again, fading an "elite QB" but keep in mind he might not look so great against this amazing Seahawks defense.

Not that I'm a betting man, but if I was: No play on Patriots/Texans, Niners -3, Seahawks +2.5, Broncos -8.5

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Falcons not even getting the customary full 3 points at home? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit , sign me up for ATL plz. Other than that--Pats, Donks, and Pack

Darth_Pelican
01-06-2013, 09:34 PM
:lol number 1 overall seed only 2.5 point favorites against a wildcard team. lol Vegas's little faith in Matt Ryan

Trainwreck2100
01-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Atl Den GB, and gun to my head HOU