PDA

View Full Version : AFC Divisional Round: Texans@Patriots

Pages : [1] 2

LnGrrrR
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
I think the Pats have a good shot at winning this one, but I'll be very surprised if it is anywhere close to the blowout W the Pats got last time these teams met.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2013, 10:44 PM
31-17 Pats

resistanze
01-06-2013, 10:46 PM
27-14 Pats

benefactor
01-06-2013, 11:42 PM
It will still be a double digit win, but I think it will be closer. 28-17 Pats.

Howeva...if Houston does find a way to win it will go a long ways towards erasing memories of 20 years ago. It would easily be the biggest win in playoff history for the city of Houston.

Avante
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
It will be over by half time. Pats in a rout.

weebo
01-07-2013, 12:07 AM

Howeva...if Houston does find a way to win it will go a long ways towards erasing memories of 20 years ago. It would easily be the biggest win in playoff history for the city of Houston.

Bigger than the Divisional PO victory of '79 vs. the Chargers? They were major underdogs then with Pastorini and Campbell out and they won.

weebo
01-07-2013, 12:07 AM

Bigger than the Divisional PO victory of '79 vs. the Chargers? They were major underdogs then with Pastorini and Campbell out and they won.

benefactor
01-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Yes. If it was in Houston it might be closer to that game but with it being in NE(with Gronk this time) and this team still looking like it's not really sure if it likes being in the end zone it's bigger.

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Last time, when the Pats went up 21-0, the Texans still had chances to get back in that game when the D made multiple stops in a row, yet the offense didn't do shit . I hope it's closer this time, and I hope they play loose since there will be absolutely no pressure on them.

weebo
01-07-2013, 10:06 AM
The only chance the Texans have is if Arian and the D have monster games. If you leave it up to the HC, QB or the special teams, the Texans will get destroyed.

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 10:11 AM
The only chance the Texans have is if Arian and the D have monster games. If you leave it up to the HC, QB or the special teams, the Texans will get destroyed.

Exactly. The offense runs through Foster, so if they dominate the time of possession AND score TDs when they get to the red zone, they have a chance.

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Oh and special teams cannot be a weakness and cut down on the stupid penalties.

weebo
01-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Special team have been a major flaw for the Texans all year. How Joe Marciano still has a job being so inept is beyond me??? Uncle Joe must have some serious dirt on Kubiak...

BUMP
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I'm picking the Suns to come out of the West

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Maybe it's just my pessimism, but this game isn't the lock that everyone thinks it is. I fully expect Wendell and Connolly to shit the bed so JJ Watt has a monster game. If Mankins, Vollmer and Solder all play well that will give Brady good enough protection to win. If Mankins shits the bed like he has in New England's last two superbowls, Brady will have a lot of interior pressure to deal with and we all know how he does with that.

weebo
01-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Maybe it's just my pessimism, but this game isn't the lock that everyone thinks it is. I fully expect Wendell and Connolly to shit the bed so JJ Watt has a monster game. If Mankins, Vollmer and Solder all play well that will give Brady good enough protection to win. If Mankins shits the bed like he has in New England's last two superbowls, Brady will have a lot of interior pressure to deal with and we all know how he does with that.

Tbh, everything has to go right for the Texans just to stay in the game let alone win. No one preps for PO games better than Belicheat and their barbie doll QB.

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM

Alot has to go right for the Texans to be in the game. Like for the past month and a half, they really have not been disciplined enough to cut down on stupid penalties, especially defensively. Kubiak's conservative ass playcalling has to change in order to be in the game. As long as the ground game dominates and it isn't all on Schaub's shoulders, it should be a good one. Defensively, Watt will have a tough time since he never gets any help from the front 7.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-07-2013, 01:31 PM
No one preps for PO games better than Belicheat and their barbie doll QB.

This is just simply wrong given the last few years :lol.

Brady's playoff performances have been pretty mediocre since the 2007 WC game against Jacksonville outside of his game against the 8-8 Broncos that had no business in the playoffs. 2010 was the worst when they were 14-2, went in as overwhelming favorites over the Jets and clearly let it get to their heads. They spent more time making foot jokes about Rex Ryan than they did actually preparing for Rex Ryan's team.

to21
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Houston's D is good but it was a lil suspect against that Cincy mediocre offense. It'll be closer game than their last meeting but I still see NE wining again.

benefactor
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
2010 was the worst when they were 14-2, went in as overwhelming favorites over the Jets and clearly let it get to their heads. They spent more time making foot jokes about Rex Ryan than they did actually preparing for Rex Ryan's team.
This is the only thing that gives me a little bit of hope. I think Houston will play better and if NE comes in with a little bit of a complacent mindset because of the blowout they could get surprised. As has been already mentioned the key is Foster. If he plays with a chip on his shoulder and rolls up around 150(keeping the team out of third and long) then they might make it interesting.

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Houston's D is good but it was a lil suspect against that Cincy mediocre offense. It'll be closer game than their last meeting but I still see NE wining again.

Remember, Schaub spotted cincy 7, outside of that the D looked better than in recent weeks.

Chris
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Houston's passing game looks really bad right now. Schaub and Johnson are going to have a really great day to keep up with the Patriots offense.

benefactor
01-07-2013, 02:12 PM
That will be predicated on Foster. If they can force NE to key in more on the run then Daniels and Johnson will be much easier to find.

leemajors
01-07-2013, 02:31 PM
I sense Alan Balls and Wade moments forthcoming, but I don't like the patties either.

Avante
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
NE at home in December, the Texans stand no chance at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
New England should be in complete man coverage most of the game sans McCourty as a deep safety while they should blitz early and often. Aquib Talib did a really good job on AJ before he got injured in the game, and Schaub is horrid at getting the ball to other receivers once he no longer has the running game and play action keeping the defense off balance. The run D has been great this year when the D has been allowed to play aggressively, and the goal should be forcing Houston to abandon the run by halftime.

Matt Patricia has gotten a lot better as the season has come along at mixing plays up and being more aggressive, but I could see the playoffs scaring him into being conservative so he comes out with the extremely vanilla zone so Houston is only facing 3-4 man rushes and is getting easy 10-15 yard plays with underneath routes.

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
New England should be in complete man coverage most of the game sans McCourty as a deep safety while they should blitz early and often. Aquib Talib did a really good job on AJ before he got injured in the game, and Schaub is horrid at getting the ball to other receivers once he no longer has the running game and play action keeping the defense off balance. The run D has been great this year when the D has been allowed to play aggressively, and the goal should be forcing Houston to abandon the run by halftime.

Matt Patricia has gotten a lot better as the season has come along at mixing plays up and being more aggressive, but I could see the playoffs scaring him into being conservative so he comes out with the extremely vanilla zone so Houston is only facing 3-4 man rushes and is getting easy 10-15 yard plays with underneath routes.

One thing about last game that Texans fans didn't realize. Garrett Graham, the backup TE to Owen Daniels, is really important as he is a pretty good blocker and can be dangerous in the passing game. But even with players wide open, Schaub is still really inaccurate when playaction is working because Andre always has to come back to the ball.

lefty
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Shit I forgot about McCourty

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Also, Schaub is almost always looking for the big play instead of just taking what the defense is giving.

weebo
01-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Houston's passing game looks really bad right now. Schaub and Johnson are going to have a really great day to keep up with the Patriots offense.

I know a lot of people like bashing Schaub like he's Bonner but it's not entirely his fault for how shitty the Texan's O has looked. Some of the blame should be placed on Kubiak's play calling and Rick Smith for not keeping several offensive players and not getting a legit number 2 receiver.

weebo
01-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Also, Schaub is almost always looking for the big play instead of just taking what the defense is giving.

I beg to differ. I think Schaub is a reflection of his coach's ultra conservative mentality. What is worse they're very predictable. Just once I would like to see Schaub throw deep, get hit, shake it off, and do it again.

weebo
01-07-2013, 04:08 PM

Please explain. Thanks.

gameFACE
01-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Everything points to a Texans loss and I wonder whether they have the intestinal fortitude to go up and really compete. I don't think they can get past the Pats. But I'm going to go with the old "be careful what you ask for (or pray for)" approach and say they will pull it off. Apparently Arian Foster put part of Dan Shaunessy's article as his Twitter avatar. Here's the article:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/01/06/texans-win-puts-patriots-easy-street-again/Nn59dnCMHkyP2TKiaAetIL/story.html

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3078119400/61fad60ccbcfbf3660e563f7a7e26f19.jpeg

djohn2oo8
01-07-2013, 07:25 PM
They just need to play with the attitude of "we can beat them if we just play our game". Last time they had zero confidence and went there with the attitude of "hope we can make this a game" which they didn't even do.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2013, 09:51 PM

This is why I'm hoping Talib is near 100%. With him in the backfield, we dialed up more blitzes and were able to effectively pressure opponents. Without him, we just played boring prevent that allowed opponents to march all day on us until we hopefully got a turnover.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Shaughnessy is an idiot, and is hated by most Bostonians.

InRareForm
01-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Heavy dose of Foster and hope for the best.

Test the Patriots secondary.. even though a shootout with brady is dumb, it all falls back on Foster. Hopefully a deep bomb to johnson can ensue this game?

Ghazi
01-08-2013, 03:13 AM
All indications are that the patriots will win this game.

They effectively pass protected for Brady last meeting. JJ Watt is a 1 man show, no pass rushers to compliment him.

Texans defense has been blitz happy all year and it doesn't work against Brady, Brady shredded them last time when they rushed 5+. Texans defense showed major regression in the 2nd half of the season.

Patriots defense is dogshit, no matter how anyone tries to spin it... but I don't think the texans can keep up on the scoreboard with the Patriots.

Pats -3 / Broncos -3 is such a tempting teaser... but sometimes when something seems so obvious it's because you're wrong.

Ghazi
01-08-2013, 03:19 AM
btw I dunno what the weather is looking like for the game but it's been proven dome/warm weather teams struggle in cold environments..

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Shaunessy is a total moron for writing that article and not because it'll "motivate" the texans. Saying the texans will be a bye week as if theyre a historically bad divisional round opponent is simply wrong. Last year was the year New England got two bye weeks in a row against an 8-8 Denver team starting tebow at qb. There's no way Houston is more of a bye week than they were. Just bad journalism tbh

weebo
01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
All indications are that the patriots will win this game.

They effectively pass protected for Brady last meeting. JJ Watt is a 1 man show, no pass rushers to compliment him.

Texans defense has been blitz happy all year and it doesn't work against Brady, Brady shredded them last time when they rushed 5+. Texans defense showed major regression in the 2nd half of the season.

Patriots defense is dogshit, no matter how anyone tries to spin it... but I don't think the texans can keep up on the scoreboard with the Patriots.

Pats -3 / Broncos -3 is such a tempting teaser... but sometimes when something seems so obvious it's because you're wrong.

Actually, having watched the Texans all year long, the Texans didn't blitz enough imo. They relied a lot on their front four to generate pressure. The ILB core has been decimated by injuries (James Bradie sucks) and the secondary hasn't faired much better, although they have gotten most of the guys back.

I think for a guy like Brady who has seen it all your best bet is to get pressure from your front four. Also, no one has mentioned the weather. I think this will be huge for or against the Texans.

benefactor
01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Looks like Garrett Graham has another concussion. fml.

Avante
01-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Please explain. Thanks.

What team (Brady era) has a better playoff record in the playoffs than the Pats?

weebo
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Looks like Garrett Graham has another concussion. fml.

He had a light practice yesterday. I haven't heard anything but I'm guessing he'll be good to go on Sunday.

Mal
01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Did Houston performed better vs Cincy ? Didnt watch this game. And Houston looked terrible last 2 games regular season.

Plus Brady will have all his weapon healthy and ready to go.

NE @ DEN would be hell of a game.

weebo
01-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Did Houston performed better vs Cincy ? Didnt watch this game. And Houston looked terrible last 2 games regular season.

Plus Brady will have all his weapon healthy and ready to go.

NE @ DEN would be hell of a game.

VS the Bengals the running game looked great but the passing not so much. The defense overall played well but the Bengals' offensive ineptitude had a lot to do with it. Finally, the kicking game was awesome!

monosylab1k
01-12-2013, 02:46 AM

What team (Brady era) has a better playoff record in the playoffs than the Pats?

He probably wants you to explain why NE's home record in December means fucking shit about a NE home game in January.

benefactor
01-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Looks like everyone is healthy(except one very important ILB, of course).

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-12-2013, 10:42 AM

Since their 3 superbowls, the Patriots are 6-6 in the playoffs. People who aren't living in the past know the Patriots have had several bedshitting performances since the superbowl years.

LnGrrrR
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Since their 3 superbowls, the Patriots are 6-6 in the playoffs. People who aren't living in the past know the Patriots have had several bedshitting performances since the superbowl years.

I wouldn't say bedshitting, other than the obvious Ravens loss. They were a few plays away from being 5-0 in SB's. When I think of bedshitting, I picture a team getting wiped out.

That said, if the Pats lose this game to the Texans, Pats fans will just have to readjust and be happy for their 3 championships.

DeadlyDynasty
01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't say bedshitting, other than the obvious Ravens loss. They were a few plays away from being 5-0 in SB's. When I think of bedshitting, I picture a team getting wiped out.

That said, if the Pats lose this game to the Texans, Pats fans will just have to readjust and be happy for their 3 championships.

Pats will still be serious contenders for the foreseeable future, though. The Steelers are on the decline, the Ravens likely as well, and no other teams besides Houston and Denver are good enough to challenge for the AFC. Their division is terrible too, so that's an easy 6 wins.

benefactor
01-12-2013, 11:19 PM
So after today, I feel a little bit better about a potential upset.

djohn2oo8
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
So after today, I feel a little bit better about a potential upset.

How so?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2013, 09:02 AM

I consider the Jets 2010 game a bed shitting. They were the huge favorites in the game and were making foot jokes about Rex Ryan all week and then laid an egg on offense. Outside of 18-1, that playoff loss pisses me off more than any of their post 2004 playoff losses. The Ravens game I fully expected to be shitty since the 09 Pats weren't a good team and were depleted heading into the game.

I also consider 18-1 a bedshitting for that matter. Scoffing a prediction that you're only gonna score 17 points and then scoring 14 points is a bedshitting, imo.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 09:52 AM
How so?
You telling me you completely expected Kaepernick to do what he did the GB yesterday...or that you expected Flacco to hang 331, 3 scores and no picks on Denver on the road?

Chinook
01-13-2013, 10:12 AM
The Texans should win this game. To me, it's all about seeing if that defense can return to form. If they play well, the game shouldn't even be particularly close.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 10:48 AM
:lol...I'm feeling a little more confident but I would go that far.

The defense has always been susceptible to giving up yards like they have because of the suspect secondary. The injuries at ILB/OLB have played the biggest part in fully exposing it. The secondary as to have the game of their life and the Texans have to control the ball with the run in order to win. Hell...monkeyball won a playoff game yesterday. I'm convinced just about anything is possible now.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Btw...weather should play no part in the game. Cloudy and in the 50's. Perfect football weather.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
You telling me you completely expected Kaepernick to do what he did the GB yesterday...or that you expected Flacco to hang 331, 3 scores and no picks on Denver on the road?

Kaepernick didn't surprise me. Flacco did but having a strong arm can take you a long way. Plus John Fox is a goddamn idiot.

Avante
01-13-2013, 11:45 AM
He probably wants you to explain why NE's home record in December means fucking shit about a NE home game in January.

Yank your head out of your ass slick, obviously....when it starts getting cold and late in the season.....is what is being talked about there.

Of all the playoff games this will be the one where the home team cannot possibly lose. Yep, a lock.

Raven
01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
i'm very nervous... hopefully we get a quick td so i can relax a bit..

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM

Same tbh. I'm trying to convince myself that if last year's team could make the superbowl this year's team can since it won't have to deal with Sterling Moore, Antwan Molden and James Ihedigbo in the secondary. On paper it's a WAY better team than last year.

Avante
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM

If the game was being played in Houston and the Texans had had a week off sure a reason to be nervous in this "spot" nothing to worry about. The Texans stand no chance.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 11:57 AM

Yeah that's gonna be a quick sign to how this game will go. Pats score quick then it's over early.

Raven
01-13-2013, 12:05 PM
If the game was being played in Houston and the Texans had had a week off sure a reason to be nervous in this "spot" nothing to worry about. The Texans stand no chance.

i do think we should win, but it's the nfl, one interception or a punt return and the whole gameplan goes boom. We're playin the texans, if they can get stops early it can be a looong match.

Avante
01-13-2013, 12:10 PM
i do think we should win, but it's the nfl, one interception or a punt return and the whole gameplan goes boom. We're playin the texans, if they can get stops early it can be a looong match.

What are the odds of Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady all being out (or not even there) for the conference Championship games? Yep, not good. Tom Brady is going to the Superbowl again.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Pats 42
Texans 17

Raven
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
What are the odds of Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady all being out (or not even there) for the conference Championship games? Yep, not good. Tom Brady is going to the Superbowl again.

well apart from manning, they all had horrible D, well giants was decent, but still.. tbh the way they played the first half of the season, i was surprised to even see the packers in the PO, they should thank the cutler injury imho.. Bottom line, it's not that surprising.

Ghazi
01-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Patriots should win, but Broncos were supposed to win as well... With Patriots pass defense theyre never a lock to win any game though

Ghazi
01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Fwiw nate silver predicts pats and seahawks in superbowl

Blizzardwizard
01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
I don't like either teams, but I think Pats will win convincingly anyways.

gameFACE
01-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Luck involved or not, after watching Flacco and Kaepernick yesterday I want to see what Schaub can pull off. And if nothing else at least compete, man. Don't get shit on like the Packers, earlier Pats and even the Vikings game. Most of all - 3rd downs! Good to see at least Reed is in full swing on D.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Luck involved or not, after watching Flacco and Kaepernick yesterday I want to see what Schaub can pull off. And if nothing else at least compete, man. Don't get shit on like the Packers, earlier Pats and even the Vikings game. Most of all - 3rd downs! Good to see at least Reed is in full swing on D.
I think it's best to go into this game with 0 expectations. I can't even remember the last time they scored a touchdown before a field goal.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Kaepernick didn't surprise me.

:lol
So a kid who is basically a rookie goes into a playoff game and sets the rushing record for a QB and it didn't surprise you? I'm calling bullshit. No one in the nation expected that.

Flacco did but having a strong arm can take you a long way. Plus John Fox is a goddamn idiot.
He is...but it's still a huge upset on the road. I would say that it's equal to or would be even more of an upset than Houston winning.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 02:43 PM
So a kid who is basically a rookie goes into a playoff game and sets the rushing record for a QB and it didn't surprise you? I'm calling bullshit. No one in the nation expected that.

He is...but it's still a huge upset on the road. I would say that it's equal to or would be even more of an upset than Houston winning.
Except no one is giving the Texans a chance to even be competitive in this game. Irvin said they'd lose by 50 :lol

benefactor
01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
There was almost no one that said Baltimore would win either...and for good reason. It's at least on equal ground from an upset standpoint.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
And Kaepernick really did not surprise me for the type of QB he is. I'd been more surprised if Alex Smith did that.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 02:50 PM
So setting a record for rushing by a QB in the playoffs in your very first playoff game is not surprising. Sorry...I just don't believe you.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 02:53 PM
So setting a record for rushing by a QB in the playoffs in your very first playoff game is not surprising. Sorry...I just don't believe you.

Against Green Bay's D. Yeah not surprised.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 02:54 PM
If Kubiak wasn't so conservative I'd be more confident. We'll see.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Sorry...still don't believe you. It's still an NFL defense. It's still the playoffs. He's basically a rookie playing in his first playoff game. It was very, very surprising. You are straight up full of shit to say otherwise.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 03:01 PM
If Kubiak wasn't so conservative I'd be more confident. We'll see.
Oh I'm far from complete confidence. I still don't expect them to win. However, if the extremely unlikely events that transpired yesterday could happen then I'm not going to say it can't happen. That's all I was saying when I said what I said initially about feeling a little bit better.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 03:09 PM
If they do the little things like cut the stupid penalties on offense and defense, hit Brady early and rattle him, and sustain long drives and punch it into the end zone, I'll believe. If they score a TD on the first possession or before they settle for a field goal, it'll be a game. Defensively, I hope Wade has a different plan.

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Oh, and Barwin needs to show up, along with Cody.

monosylab1k
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
The Texans should win this game. To me, it's all about seeing if that defense can return to form. If they play well, the game shouldn't even be particularly close.

:lmao i think the Texans have a great shot at winning and shouldn't be viewed as huge underdogs, but to say they should win and it shouldn't even be close is fucking retarded.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Yeah...a lot has to go right. We'll see how it all shakes out. I'm just glad we are still talking football right now instead of talking about the draft like we did for so many years. :)

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah...a lot has to go right. We'll see how it all shakes out. I'm just glad we are still talking football right now instead of talking about the draft like we did for so many years. :)
:toast true

LnGrrrR
01-13-2013, 03:30 PM
If you guys get to Brady, you have a good chance. If not... well...

LakerHater
01-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Multiple reports from Gillette say JJ Watt spit on the Patriot logo at midfield during warm-ups!

djohn2oo8
01-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Multiple reports from Gillette say JJ Watt spit on the Patriot logo at midfield during warm-ups!

Don't know why that's a story.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Not worried about Watt at all...it's the rest of that defensive front getting pressure that concerns me.

Chinook
01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
:lmao i think the Texans have a great shot at winning and shouldn't be viewed as huge underdogs, but to say they should win and it shouldn't even be close is fucking retarded.

I said if their defense plays well, it shouldn't be close. That's no where near a given. A dominant Texans team is worlds better than New England. Don't believe your own hype.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Texans better fucking win this to cap off the perfect playoff weekend...

benefactor
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Let's get this shit started. Regardless of the outcome...I plan on being very drunk by the end.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Let's get this shit started. Regardless of the outcome...I plan on being very drunk by the end.
I really do hope Houston makes this a game. As much as I troll Texan fans for Matty Scha:lolb, I can't stand Tom Brady and Bellicheat.

Good luck to your Texans, ill be rooting for em'.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
I really do hope Houston makes this a game. As much as I troll Texan fans for Matty Scha:lolb, I can't stand Tom Brady and Bellicheat.

Good luck to your Texans, ill be rooting for em'.
:tu

Floyd Pacquiao
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
:toast This game is gonna be a wipe out and will be over fast.

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 04:37 PM
I kind of hate HOU (very annoying team) but I would love to see the Pat fan meltdown if they lose.

Trainwreck2100
01-13-2013, 04:38 PM
dis is the superbowl, Ravens suck and the NFC reps are trash

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Ravens ain't bad and neither are the Niners, tbh....

LakerHater
01-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Yuck, he jus drop his mouth piece!

jeebus
01-13-2013, 04:40 PM

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm rooting for Houston. tired of the cheatriots.

thunderup
Whooo fuck yeah!

benefactor
Wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!11

Trainwreck2100
Ravens ain't bad and neither are the Niners, tbh....

Niners have super bowl cryptonite we can write them off

DAF86
Fucking Patriots will probably win on a boring blowout.

Floyd Pacquiao
damn good return....still won't help the texans though

weebo
Wish he would've have scored on that one. Kubiak will just run it three times and kick a fg.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 04:42 PM
C'mon Schaub

Lincoln
Lol if texans don't get a TD here

Clipper Nation
@dan_shaughnessy (http://twitter.com/dan_shaughnessy): Houston wins toss. Takes ball. Dopes. This game is officially over. Again
Man, I hope Houston wins just to shut this cocky motherfucker up...

benefactor
That's a dropped TD. fml

thunderup
Good throw by Shaub, bad drop

LakerHater
01-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Thats shoulda been caught!!

jeebus
and Houston does nothing with it :lol

thunderup
The fuck was that

benefactor
crofl

All that for a FG...typical.

weebo
Typical.

Lincoln
LOL texans

HI-FI
Foster is going to have put this team on his shoulders. Schaub should stick to dinking and dunking.

Floyd Pacquiao
sha:lolb

Trainwreck2100
fucking shit

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
How did that dude get trucked down so badly?

Clipper Nation
Fucking Patriots will probably win on a boring blowout.

After that display, I agree.... fuck the Patsies though...

weebo
That first series sums it all up right there...get to the red zone and choke.

thunderup
Missed opportunity by Houston :(

benefactor
01-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Can't blame Schaub at all on that one. He had the TD. Can't make your fucking receivers catch it.

HI-FI
how do we get an auto reload on this bitch?

weebo
He overturew dre on that third down.

benefactor
timvp...live thread please.

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Is that kick returner for HOU not that fast, Bene?

jeebus
01-13-2013, 04:47 PM
timvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8)...live thread please.

there's no half breed QBs. he doesn't care about this game.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 04:48 PM
3 and out...I don't believe it.

thunderup
Yeah, good D.

3 and out, take advantage Houston.

LakerHater
3 & out!!

LakerHater
01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
timvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8)...live thread please.

benefactor
Is that kick returner for HOU not that fast, Bene?
He hasn't been returning all year. I think Kubes went to him because he's worried about the return game. He was actually one of the best in the league a few years ago.

Clipper Nation
Kubiak and Schaub better sack up now... no field goals....

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 04:50 PM

Why would you insinuate that the site owner is a racist? And calling a human "half breed" is incredibly offensive. Idiot.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Need a big game from Daniels again today.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Nice back to back throws by schaub

benefactor
01-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Very nice play calls so far.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Move the chaaaaains

timvp
01-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Let's go Texans. Anyone but the Patriots.

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 04:53 PM
:toast

thunderup
01-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Damn.....okay just play the field position game

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 04:54 PM

And by the way, timvp is Greek, married to a white woman and has kids of multiple races. I don't think he would be a racist.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
:tu

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 04:56 PM
And by the way, timvp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) is Greek, married to a white woman and has kids of multiple races. I don't think he would be a racist.
DPG going HAM on the political correctness. isn't timvp from teh dominican republic?

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 04:57 PM
If HOU wins this game, the last four QBs in the playoffs will be Schuab, Flacco, Kap & Ryan :lol

Clipper Nation

This... we're all sick of the fucking Pats...

DPG21920
DPG going HAM on the political correctness. isn't timvp from teh dominican republic?

you're right. it's the Carribean Greece tho tbh.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Damn.

jeebus
01-13-2013, 04:59 PM
haha fuck you brady!

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
no matter what, keeping putting big hits on Brady. ddude doesn't handle pressure well.

Clipper Nation
Gronk hurt again?

thunderup
Fuck yes, eat grass Brady.

benefactor
Watt tbh

LakerHater
SACK!!

DPG21920
no matter what, keeping putting big hits on Brady. ddude doesn't handle pressure well.

Det offensive line..

Trainwreck2100
dat fucking sack

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 05:01 PM
:lmao Brady

If the Texans keep getting this much pressure, the Patsies are done... Brady wilts in the face of a strong pass rush, tbh...

benefactor
Gronk is hurt

Chris
Gronk looks hurt again

thunderup
:lmao Welker drop

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Damn, Watt was really close to batting that one

Pelicans78
LOL Welker.

benefactor
Alright dammit...they are giving you all the opportunities in the world. Score a fucking TD.

LakerHater
http://uppix.net/e/3/8/bc8045a69ccd7e9a2cfc9c1759026.gif

Chris
Welker just realized he's the second option :lol

timvp
01-13-2013, 05:03 PM
I didn't think the Texans had much hope but after the craziness of the first three games of the weekend and this start, Houston might actually do this :wow

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I didn't think the Texans had much hope but after the craziness of the first three games of the weekend and this start, Houston might actually do this :wow
The semen could courtesy of yours truly would be visible on radar.

jeebus
01-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Gronk headed to the locker room. he's done, unless they pull a Shanahan

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:05 PM
*cloud

Alcohol tbh

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Schaub is a ticking time bomb

thunderup
The semen could courtesy of yours truly would be visible on radar.
:rollin

LakerHater
thrown behind him!

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Schaub is already done....

benefactor
Fucking hell.

thunderup
Bad punt.

jeebus
this is gonna be a long ass game

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
google commercials make me hate humanity more than normal

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:11 PM
brady with the great passing lanes, time in the pocket per par

benefactor
James is great on the run but sucks so bad in coverage

thunderup
Pats offense is a machine

Clipper Nation
Texans folding already, per par....

thunderup
01-13-2013, 05:12 PM
There goes the ice.

jeebus
well fuck.

benefactor
Well..they looked good longer than they did last time.

DAF86
01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Pretty much game, imho.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Well, hopefully the Ravens can nut up and finish the job this year against the Patsies, because they're our only hope of those douchebags Belicheat and Brady not getting another ring...

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, hopefully the Ravens can nut up and finish the job this year against the Patsies, because they're our only hope of those douchebags Belicheat and Brady not getting another ring...

Guy, it's the first quarter and they are down 4 because their punter shanked a punt. It's not over yet (even though they probably won't win).

timvp
01-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Damn it. The Texans needed a strong start. Now this will probably turn into the predictable 31-6 loss, tbh.

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Guy, it's the first quarter and they are down 4 because their punter shanked a punt. It's not over yet (even though they probably won't win).
Matt Schaub.

i hope he proves me wrong though.

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Matt Schaub.

i hope he proves me wrong though.

If Matt Ryan and Flacco can win, so can Schaub.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Nothing in the run game so far. Bad sign.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM

Son, it's just typical Texans, failing to capitalize on some absolute gift opportunities... now the Patsies blowout is damn near guaranteed... I'd like to be proven wrong, and there's still time, but I've seen this show too many times before from Marty and Norv with my Chargers...

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
TBH, keep finding ways to get Foster the ball like they are. Don't be too stubborn. Plus trust Schaub a little bit more (scary, I know). That Pats pass defense will certainly make most guys look good.

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Son, it's just typical Texans, failing to capitalize on some absolute gift opportunities... now the Patsies blowout is damn near guaranteed... I'd like to be proven wrong, and there's still time, but I've seen this show too many times before from Marty and Norv with my Chargers...

Quit comparing everyone to your sh*t team.

Raven
damn, both woodhead and gronkowski injured..

Clipper Nation

Didn't you claim to be a Chargers/Rivers fan earlier in the year, son? :lol

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:19 PM
i recall that as well

to be fair, you were pro manning earlier but have been shitting on him.

DPG21920

Son, that was tongue in cheek. I used to stick up for Rivers, but he jumped the shark this year.

monosylab1k

:lmao it really is annoying as fuck. Every goddamn post somehow comes back to the Chargers.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Why the fuck do they keep trying to run between the tackles? Run the fucking stretch dammit.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 05:21 PM
to be fair, you were pro manning earlier but have been shitting on him.
This is true, but he deserves to be shat on for that shitful, unclutch performance... :lol

jeebus
01-13-2013, 05:21 PM
benefactor will need a new liver by halftime imo

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
This is true, but he deserves to be shat on for that shitful, unclutch performance... :lol

that was a team choke. Champ Bailey was dogshit, and tbh, Manning gave them the lead with a minute left, Ravens had no timeouts either. that's a win 90% of the time. not to mention the conservative game management.

timvp
01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
If the Texans can't run at all, this game will get ugly.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
benefactor will need a new liver by halftime imo
The Dr is on call

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 05:25 PM
that was a team choke. Champ Bailey was dogshit, and tbh, Manning gave them the lead with a minute left, Ravens had no timeouts either. that's a win 90% of the time. not to mention the conservative game management.

Some of the overconservative crap is on Peyton, because he audibled into several of those useless run plays, IIRC.... he also failed to capitalize when the Ravens were sputtering in OT, and threw the game-losing INT.... Champ Bailey deserves a lot of criticism, but so does Peyton, imho...

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Son. Of. A. Bitch.

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:27 PM
i've seen this shit forever now, if you can't get consistent pressure on Brady you're done. he's too accurate to let him chill for several seconds.

thanks Simms for agreeing with me.

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Barwin

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Barwin you stupid piece of shit. No money for you in the offseason.

gaKNOW!blee
01-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Some of the overconservative crap is on Peyton, because he audibled into several of those useless run plays, IIRC.... he also failed to capitalize when the Ravens were sputtering in OT, and threw the game-losing INT.... Champ Bailey deserves a lot of criticism, but so does Peyton, imho...

You mean football is the ultimate team game? well holy shit.

Quarterbacks get way too much blame, and sometimes too much credit.

LnGrrrR
What a stupid bullshit call. Hey ref, open your fuckin eyes.

benefactor
FG = victory at this point.

monosylab1k
:lmao what a bullshit penalty :cry "he flipped the ball too fast"

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
0 offense, can't run yet only down a TD. Have to feel fortunate. One good drive.

DAF86
Game deciding drive coming up, the Texans need a TD for this to remain competitive.

benefactor
Yeah...it was bullshit. Need all the help we can get tbh

Clipper Nation
As much as I hate the Pats, they got hosed on that call.... NFL refs get dumber and more reactionary by the year, imho....

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:33 PM

true this. Peyton deserves his share of blame, but anyone blaming his shitty playof history entirely on him is being a hack. it's not like he had a Delhomme vs Arizona performance out there. that was a QB deserving all the blame.

LakerHater
01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Why would they even have that up??

http://uppix.net/1/4/a/8a65dec9d5aa5a1e34fff106e9a09.jpg

DAF86
01-13-2013, 05:34 PM

lol at football being the ultimate team game

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Houston is so undisciplined. That's why they are hard to like. Plus they are vanilla.

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Big throw by Schaub. Open up the playbook a bit more. Attack their weakness.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Horrible, horrible call.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Damn another 3rd down conversion. How deflating.

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Patriots line dominating per the par. this shit is gonna get ugly.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Houston needs a TO

Clipper Nation
If I were a Houstonfan, I'd be demanding a real coach and quarterback pronto... this team has too much talent to be wasted on Kubiak and Schaub, tbh...

thunderup
Too easy for Bellicheat and co

benefactor
:facepalm

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
That was a pretty ridic throw. Look at that coverage and he still drops it in :lol

monosylab1k
LOL someone needed to finger wag JJ Watt after that drive

gaKNOW!blee
lol at football being the ultimate team game

Obviously quarterback is the most important position...but do you really think eli is better than brady?

there's a fine line between being a champion and a choker, and often times it relies on the supporting cast.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Manning is the only one that wants to win.

DPG21920
01-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Foster getting it going :tu. Big answer here would be nice.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Foster is suddenly awake.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 05:52 PM
I don't give a fuck if you don't convert. Do not kick a FG.

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Field goal upcoming, tbh...

HI-FI
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
while I don't trust Schaub, he has made some good throws that should've been caught. hopefully he makes a big throw here.

LnGrrrR
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd love for them to hold them to a FG, tbh

timvp
01-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Four down territory, tbmfh.

thunderup
01-13-2013, 05:55 PM
TD!

thunderup
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Might've left too much time for Brady and Bellicheat