PDA

View Full Version : No.1 Seed

DejuanorwhatDude
01-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Not that it has helped us tremendously in the past two years, but looking at the Clips, OKC and Memphis schedule it certainly seems plausible that the Spurs can get the number one seed in April. These teams have to play the tougher parts of their schedule in the next three months and the Spurs for the time being are keeping pace. Obviously the RRT is the big test but if by the end of that the Spurs are in the lead or close to doing so I believe they will be able to get it.

BillMc
01-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Getting it would be good. We can take on Golden State or Memphis in the second round and let the Clips and OKC face each other....

But a long way to go before we can think about such scenarios.

Richie
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Getting it would be good. We can take on Golden State or Memphis in the second round and let the Clips and OKC face each other....

But a long way to go before we can think about such scenarios.

I'd much rather face the Clips than the Grizzlies. And I'd much rather the Thunder face the Grizzlies than the Clips

99 Problems
01-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Might mean we'd cop the Fakers if they limp into the post season?

although w/o Kobe (again today) getting to the foul line they look an average team at best even with Nash.

Sean Cagney
01-07-2013, 02:15 AM
Slowwwwwwwwwwwwww DOWN, it's still January for GODS sake.

Uriel
01-07-2013, 02:20 AM
For what it's worth, according to Hollinger's Playoff Odds, we have a 45.3% chance of nabbing it.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds/_/sort/nberOneSeedOdds

therealtruth
01-07-2013, 03:01 AM
I wonder what the Hollinger effect will be on the Grizzlies if we meet in the playoffs. We've be done in by advanced stats before like when the Mavs beat us in '09.

spurraider21
01-07-2013, 03:07 AM
whats hilarious is if the lakers get the 8th seed, regardless of who they play in round 1, some cheeky espn analysts will have the Lakers as their first round upset special and darkhorse to go all the way :lol

spurraider21
01-07-2013, 03:08 AM
bear in mind these same hollinger predictions think Miami has a 5.5% chance of winning the championship whereas the spurs have a 33.7 chance of winning it all. rofl

chapnis
01-07-2013, 03:08 AM
"Well, we lost 4-2, but according to my advanced stats we won the series, well done team" - John Hollinger

howbouthemspurs
01-07-2013, 04:30 AM
Anything can happen in the playoffs

KaiRMD1
01-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Whoever faces the Grizzlies are gonna get f*cked up. As much as I would the Spurs to f*ck them up for the purpose of revenge, not sure we can go further afterward. The Grizzlies can drag a game on and beat up teams pretty bad.

bklynspursfan
01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
I know we've had a tougher schedule thus far. OKC has only played 13 road games where we played 20 and Clips 15. If we keep it this close, come March we only have 2 road games the entire month and if we aren't already #1 that could be the time we nab that spot.

Could also mean the Lakers in the first round which would be pretty crazy to imagine...

Captivus
01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Lakers in 1st round...thats what I said in another thread...not good, i dont like it.
I dont know if I can choose a team I would like to play against...
Lakers? no
Denver? Mmm...I saw them agaisnt the Lakers yesterday...mmmm...Faried - Javale....mmmm....NO!
Houston? Another mmm....Harden/Lin/Patterson/Parsons/Asik...mmmm....
Golden State? Curry / Klay / Lee...not that bad...
Now Portland / Minn thats what i want.

So in conclusion...its a big MMM....

DejuanorwhatDude
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Obviously its all up in the air completely, but just thought I'd throw it out there considering the schedule over the next two months.

The WC First Round isn't a bye like it is in the EC.