PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Mike Brown vindicated?

ElNono
01-07-2013, 01:07 AM
He had this team with Bynum/Sessions/Fisher instead of Nash/Howard/Jamison going into the playoffs with the #3 seed and a 41-25 record on the shortened season... while it's true he didn't have a good start to the season, the whole D'Antoni is a better option looks pretty absurd right now, IMO

Trainwreck2100
01-07-2013, 01:09 AM
No Princeton offense was stupid as fuck

InRareForm
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Throw last years Bynum on this team and they have 5-6 more wins at least... dwight struggling as the focal on D, and that's huge

racm
01-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Mike Brown got the Lakers to 3rd seed with Kobe shooting 43% from the field.

midnightpulp
01-07-2013, 01:17 AM
You know my opinion on the matter. I think Potato Head is a bit underrated. Princeton Offense may have been a bad decision, but he had the right ideas trying to slow the game down and letting the Lakers size dominate in the half court. But who knows how the offense would've fared with Dwight as the main fixture in the post rather than Bynum, who was a big reason for the Lakers' success last year.

Richie
01-07-2013, 01:20 AM
No Princeton offense was stupid as fuck

At no point this year has their offence been a real issue.

rayjayjohnson
01-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Lets not forget the Princet:loln :lolffense had The Rapist's full support

Malik Hairston
01-07-2013, 01:23 AM
:lol Howard is clearly injured, why are so many people neglecting this fact?..

It's not like he was playing for a shitty team and stat-padding..he was on a perennial top team in the East..

Ghazi
01-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Malik... are there any obstacles to the Heat this year?

just wondering if I should double down on Heat +180 to win the title

Malik Hairston
01-07-2013, 01:26 AM
No..the Knicks will be a speed bump, but not enough to stop them..

A few of the teams in the West could cause problems, but those teams won't beat OKC, and they match up terribly against Miami..

Ghazi
01-07-2013, 01:28 AM
I actually don't give the Clippers, Knicks, or Thunder a shot v the Heat.

What about the Spurs?

midnightpulp
01-07-2013, 01:51 AM
:lol Howard is clearly injured, why are so many people neglecting this fact?..

It's not like he was playing for a shitty team and stat-padding..he was on a perennial top team in the East..

Think it more has to with Howard starting his athletic decline than with him still "recovering" from back surgery. He's been in the league almost a decade, has had a few deep playoff runs, and had the first major surgery of his career. Taking all that into consideration, it's no wonder the '09 version of Howard hasn't shown up. "D12" is gone and he isn't coming back. Still an effective player, but he's more Marcus Camby (without the jumper) than the MVP candidate he was.

I also think he's been slowly declining defensively. Orlando was a middle of the pack defensive team team last year.

HI-FI
01-07-2013, 01:56 AM
I always thought Mike Brown got screwed over. Not that he was a great coach, but the team had much bigger issues beyond him. I imagine 'Antoni is gone after this season, unless they somehow get younger, healthier and deeper.

Malik Hairston
01-07-2013, 02:03 AM
I actually don't give the Clippers, Knicks, or Thunder a shot v the Heat.

What about the Spurs?

Agreed..

Spurs would give Miami trouble, they can exploit Miami's weaknesses..shooters + Duncan + coaching advantage..

Spurs can't beat OKC, though, so no worry there..