PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Will LeBron retire in Miami?

Riddler
01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Or will he jump ship if Wade is significantly declined by the end of his contract?

Fabbs
01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Good Q.
Bron might be able to carry Wade for this year but i think that's it.
What will Pat Riles come up with?

Brunodf
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
No, he will retire in Cleveland

Captivus
01-07-2013, 10:52 AM
I voted no, only because of the new CAP rules.
I said it many times, teams are going to be forced to trade in order to not pay a lot of money. In fact, I think these new rules are going to affect the NBA in very bad way, specially teams that will be over the cap repeatedly.
Either players start taking big cuts in salary (in order to get another star) or they will go to small makets that can pay them. Its a good thing probably for the small teams, but im expecting a lot of stars moving around every year.
So Lebron is not going to retire in Miami.

Ace
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM
IF Wade has a significant decline, his contract ends at the same time as LeBron, so they will sign Wade for less and do what it takes to keep LeBron. This isn't Mitch running the show...

Fabbs
01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Brooklyn would seem to check a lot of boxes for LeBron.

Clipper Nation
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
He'll win a couple rings in Lob City with his best friend CP3, then call it a career, tbh...

dunkman
01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, and the Heat will end with 4-5 'ships.

Juggity
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
The more I think about it, the more certain I am that he'll leave Miami in a few years. Not being able to win with Wade will gnaw at him and he'll head for greener pastures, leaving past-prime Bosh and way-past-prime Wade to fend for themselves on a potentially lottery bound Heat team.

It may shock some Heat fans, but it certainly wouldn't shock me. The marriage between LeBron and the Heat organization was never one of love; it was always one of strategy, convenience, and necessity. Once LeBron is finished winning rings there, it makes sense for him to head somewhere else that he can spend the final years of his prime with players also capable of winning immediately.

Lob city, maybe. Never the Lakers.

And I think he will end his career on the Cavs.

Ace
01-07-2013, 12:03 PM
The more I think about it, the more certain I am that he'll leave Miami in a few years. Not being able to win with Wade will gnaw at him and he'll head for greener pastures, leaving past-prime Bosh and way-past-prime Wade to fend for themselves on a potentially lottery bound Heat team.

It may shock some Heat fans, but it certainly wouldn't shock me. The marriage between LeBron and the Heat organization was never one of love; it was always one of strategy, convenience, and necessity. Once LeBron is finished winning rings there, it makes sense for him to head somewhere else that he can spend the final years of his prime with players also capable of winning immediately.

Lob city, maybe. Never the Lakers.

And I think he will end his career on the Cavs.
Stopped reading there :lmao

Bosh is the same age as LeBron and his game won't be effected by age. :lol

Juggity
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Playing time at center will reduce Bosh's longevity

Juggity
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM

But you're skirting the main point here.

Do you really think LeBron is going to stay on in Miami after the rest of the team stops being good enough to keep up with him?

Ace
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
But you're skirting the main point here.

Do you really think LeBron is going to stay on in Miami after the rest of the team stops being good enough to keep up with him?
You really think Riley ,the guy that has made the team better each year, is suddenly going to stop?

DAF86
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
I could see Lebron leaving Miami.By leaving Cleaveland he already fucked the whole "only one team on your career" thing. If he leaves Miami on a winning note and goes to another team and keeps winning, his personal legend would grow.

Ace
01-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Playing time at center will reduce Bosh's longevity
33 MPG (lowest since his rookie year) , shooting career high 54% and a lack of bruising centers, what about his longevity? :lol

Captivus
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
I dont know where he could go, but I just want to say this again: he wont be able to go to a team to join 2 other stars, the money wont be there. Only option, more money in a small team. Theres no other way around. I could be completely wrong...but the new rules are going to kill entire teams. In fact, if that happens, we can forget about players winning 4-5 rings, it will never happen again, unless massive salary cuts.

Juggity
01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
You really think Riley ,the guy that has made the team better each year, is suddenly going to stop?

Riley has added bit players like Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis etc. I'm not convinced that LeBron will stick around to wait for Riley to shop Wade and Bosh when their times are up in south beach.

Ace
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Riley has added bit players like Ray Allen/Rashard Lewis etc. I'm not convinced that LeBron will stick around to wait for Riley to shop Wade and Bosh when their times are up in south beach.
Again, why would he have to shop them around when they will be free agents at the same time as LeBron?

Juggity
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Again, why would he have to shop them around when they will be free agents at the same time as LeBron?

Maybe they'd like to get some value back via trade rather than losing players via free agency.

Ace
01-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Maybe they'd like to get some value back via trade rather than losing players via free agency.
Or have cap space..

01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
better question is will the heat keep a declining wade over bosh?

Latarian Milton
01-08-2013, 08:53 AM
nigga will be dealt out of town when he gets bored of winning championships. he will want a new challenge but it's not gonna happen before he wins another 5-6 rings in miami with wade n bosh imho

PingPong
01-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Heading to the Lakers when Kobe retires.

Fabbs
01-08-2013, 11:21 AM
He'll win a couple rings in Lob City with his best friend CP3, then call it a career, tbh...
With ultimate coatailer Phil J coming out of retirement? :lol
The L.A. market.
I could see that.