PDA

View Full Version : RG3 injury update

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Take it for what it's worth but

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980
Richmond TV station: Sources close to Skins camp say RG3 has torn ACL& PCL & will not play for a min of 14-18 months.

If true that's a huge blow to the Skins......

Creepn
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I'd say it is a huge blow but to naysayers, Kirk will pull them through. We shall see.

Trill Clinton
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
this just fucked up my day:depressed

weebo
01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Take it for what it's worth but

If true that's a huge blow to the Skins......

Wow. Both cruciate ligaments. This kid will never be the same, Dr. Andrews or not. He had such promise to be the most dynamic QB out there and now its all but gone. I guess now we have to wonder how bad his injury really was when he came back in right after hurting his knee against the Ravens.

chunticakes
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
mri was supposedly inconclusive because of the old tear but i'd say that shit is gone. the way that knee buckled sure looked like it was torn.

maybe now cornbread learns to read a playbook and not rely on jungle instincts as much...

weebo
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
mri was supposedly inconclusive because of the old tear but i'd say that shit is gone. the way that knee buckled sure looked like it was torn.

maybe now cornbread learns to read a playbook and not rely on jungle instincts as much...

More than likely he also suffered a meniscal tear and possibly ruptured his MCL.

chunticakes
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
yeah kids gonna need a new knee. shanahan is gonna take the heat too for rushing him back out on the field.

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Well, it's off to glue factory for young Cornbread. Cousins gives them a bright future though.

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM
It's not official yet but Andrews will look at it after the BCS game and make a final decision. Shits looking grim though but if it is an acl tear best case scenario is a 6-8 month return like AP had.

McGahee went down and tore 2 cruciate ligaments before and came back strong, same with AP. Palmer tore his shit but came back horrible so it's a crapshoot at this point. If anything, this will force him to be a pocket passer and stop running aroun like a n!gger and doing too much.

lefty
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Manny :lol

Lincoln :lol

Lincoln's jinx avatar :lol

Monkeyball :lol

ESPN :lol

Creepn
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM

Lol "cornbread". Looks like I spotted another DD cocksucking concubine.

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Really worried about the pass protection though if this is true. Skins line are great run blockers but outside of t will and Monty, they're pretty below avg in pass protection. Kirk was doing fine until they blitzed 3rd and 4th down due to the shit protection. Need a RT this offseason, polumbus has been a career backup/3rd string and has no business being a starter.

Fuck Jamal brown

JoeTait75
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
He can come back from this. He doesn't throw with his knee, right?

Trill Clinton
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
thank god RG3 is a pass first qb.

he'll be even better because of this injury.

now he won't be asked to run 9 routes or that option offense. the shanahan's ran RG3 into the dirt earl campbell style.

Creepn
01-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Fucking Shanahan.

Avante
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
You cannot run the ball from the QB position like a running back at the NFL level. These defenders are out to kill you. Knock out a QB is as big as it gets for a defender. You have to do it sneaky and smart, QB's don't have thunder thighs like RB's. RGIII ran stupid and it cost him.

But we could be seeing a blessing in disquise, when he does come back and he will, maybe he'll learn what he can't be doing. He is not Tim Tebow, a TE/RB playing QB. Maybe he'll play smarter, this is not Baylor vs Rice any longer.

Then there is something else, just maybe Kirk Cousins is a better QB. Something I thought when they were drafted.

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 04:56 PM
He can come back from this. He doesn't throw with his knee, right?

He can come back but who is to know he will be the same. He hasn't been the same passing wise since the ravens game, he went from being one of the most accurate QBs to constitrntly overthrowing receivers or throwing it into the ground.

Palmer was never the same QB, Brady came back strong so it's a crapshoot

Trill Clinton
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
You cannot run the ball from the QB position like a running back at the NFL level. These defenders are out to kill you. Knock out a QB is as big as it gets for a defender. You have to do it sneaky and smart, QB's don't have thunder thighs like RB's. RGIII ran stupid and it cost him.

But we could be seeing a blessing in disquise, when he does come back and he will, maybe he'll learn what he can't be doing. He is not Tim Tebow, a TE/RB playing QB. Maybe he'll play smarter, this is not Bayloir vs Rice any longer.

avante, chill bruh.

RG3 only did what he was told. did you see how cousins got sandwiched last night?

RG3 was told to run and make plays on a bum leg by his coach. I'd be thinking about a lawsuit if I was RG3 at this juncture.

JoeTait75
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
He can come back but who is to know he will be the same. He hasn't been the same passing wise since the ravens game, he went from being one of the most accurate QBs to constitrntly overthrowing receivers or throwing it into the ground.

Better the knee than the elbow or the shoulder for a QB.

chunticakes
01-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Lol "cornbread". Looks like I spotted another DD cocksucking concubine.

hey i feel ya man, i'm sorry you lost your number 2 rb. they really should have sat him out the full 4-5 weeks after he sprained it. anybody else on that team with that injury would have sat out. bad decision for rg3-and-out, shanahan, and the doctors.

whole organization fucked up. but hey, at least you all got cousins...bright future for washington there with morris and him tbh...

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Cuckpepper and Palmer were never the same after their knee injuries. I think Daunte sold me weed last week iirc.

Creepn
01-07-2013, 05:02 PM

You're crazy if you don't think he'll come back stronger. The first quarter when he obviously looked better than previous weeks, his qbr was 97.1.

Avante
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
avante, chill bruh.

RG3 only did what he was told. did you see how cousins got sandwiched last night?

RG3 was told to run and make plays on a bum leg by his coach. I'd be thinking about a lawsuit if I was RG3 at this juncture.

As ya know I'm a huge fan of mobility at the QB position, but it has to be done in a certain way or a QB will get slaughtered. Ya can run the stuff he did but he has to get down/out of bounds better. He can't be doing a Jerome Bettis bit.

I really do think Cousins is the better passer, obviously not the athlete but who is?

Creepn
01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
As ya know I'm a huge fan of mobility at the QB position, but it has to be done in a certain way or a QB will get slaughtered. Ya can run the stuff he did but he has to get down/out of bounds better. He can't be doing a Jerome Bettis bit.

I really do think Cousins is the better passer, obviously not the athlete but who is?

Jerome Bettis shit? He was taking on defenders shoulder to shoulder?

Avante
01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
You're crazy if you don't think he'll come back stronger. The first quarter when he obviously looked better than previous weeks, his qbr was 97.1.

I agree that he will come back stronger he's that kinda guy. But, how long before he's hurt again if he doesn't change his game?

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I like cousins and think he can contribute but you're crazy if you think he is a better passer than griffin at full health. Who knows if griffin will be the same again.

And he did not look better in the first half at all, he looked good in the first quarter prior to the sideline hit, came bac and threw his 2nd TD and went all downhill from there.

Official report should be tomorrow

Creepn
01-07-2013, 05:08 PM
I agree that he will come back stronger he's that kinda guy. But, how long before he's hurt again if he doesn't change his game?

He will change his gameplay and so will the coaches. Believe that.

Avante
01-07-2013, 05:12 PM
He will change his gameplay and so will the coaches. Believe that.

Yes but without his run threat will he be better at pocket passing than Cousins? He isn't there because of his passing alone.

At the press conference afterwards RGIII said he wasn't coming out. Shanahan should have told the kid, ...sit your ass down now. I bet he wish he had of.

DeadlyDynasty
01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Better the knee than the elbow or the shoulder for a QB.

I remember the Dolphins thinking this when they chose Culpepper over Brees. Hindsight can be so cruel sometimes:lol

JoeTait75
01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
I remember the Dolphins thinking this when they chose Culpepper over Brees. Hindsight can be so cruel sometimes:lol

Yeah I thought of that too. But don't you think Daunte's non-recovery might have had more to do with his work ethic than with the injury itself? He wasn't exactly the hardest-working man in the game iirc.

weebo
01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
RIP RGIII NFL Career.

2012-2013

Oh well there's still Subway.

http://thefootballgirl.com/assets/images/rgiii%20as%20sandwich%20maker.jpg

Creepn
01-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes but without his run threat will he be better at pocket passing than Cousins? He isn't there because of his passing alone.

At the press conference afterwards RGIII said he wasn't coming out. Shanahan should have told the kid, ...sit your ass down now. I bet he wish he had of.
I got the feeling that Shanahan views RG3 as his black adopted son. You see how he gushes around RG3 and gets flustered. Hugs and smiles. It's hard to tell your kids"no" when they really want something.

Look at Harbaugh and CK's relationship, strictly professional.

Avante
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I got the feeling that Shanahan views RG3 as his black adopted son. You see how he gushes around RG3 and gets flustered. Hugs and smiles. It's hard to tell your kids"no" when they really want something.

Look at Harbaugh and CK's relationship, strictly professional.

Shanahan is an old salt, I can't buy some kid had him over a barrel. What a slap in the face to Cousins, telling him a gimpy RGIII is better than he is. The minute it became obvious the kid wasn't himself he should have been yanked. Really am surprised Shanahan played it like he did.

Raven
01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
A story of a player that could not have gone any other way. Sad for him though, he seems like a nice person.

JMarkJohns
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
NFL Network tweeting that it's a partial ACL and LCL tear. No time table given.

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Grade 1 LCL tear, grade 2 acl tear

Grade 2 doesn't require reconstructive surgery but he may be out a moderate amount of time (4-8 months possibly)

More will be clear tomorrow

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
U also have to wonder if the shitty ass field has anything to do with it. A lot of players on both sides were complaining. Chris Clemons tore his ACL too

Avante
01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
I gotta add...

You cannot make your QB running with the ball an actual part of an NFL offense. Not talking a freak like Tebow, I'm talking an actual QB. They simply aren't built for it. What they can do is get outside the pass rush then run for 10-20 before the defense can adjust. Then it's slide time or out of bounds, to think you can have QB run plays in the NFL is beyond stupid.

Bill_Brasky
01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Oh look, exactly what everyone thought would happen, happened.

tlongII
01-07-2013, 07:34 PM
I gotta add...

You cannot make your QB running with the ball an actual part of an NFL offense. Not talking a freak like Tebow, I'm talking an actual QB. They simply aren't built for it. What they can do is get outside the pass rush then run for 10-20 before the defense can adjust. Then it's slide time or out of bounds, to think you can have QB run plays in the NFL is beyond stupid.

The Seahawks do it with Wilson.

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
There are some bullshit reports coming out of DC that Robert had suffered from a torn ACL and was playing on it the last 4 games. "unnamed sources" are saying that Robert begged to play and that only robert, Bruce Allen, Snyder, and shanny know..and apparently dr Andrews too.

Sounds like a bullshit publicity stunt but if this turns out to be true....:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao w:lolsh:lolngt:loln R:loldsk:lolns

Trainwreck2100
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
I doubt Andrew would sign off on him playing with a torn ACL

Lincoln
01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
I doubt Andrew would sign off on him playing with a torn ACL

It would be the biggest sports conspiracy of all time. It's a bullshit story tbh. Pretty funny though

Bigzax
01-08-2013, 05:39 PM
ain't a gotdamn thing funny bout this. get well RGIII. take as long as you need. the NFL will wait.

DeadlyDynasty
01-08-2013, 05:45 PM
ain't a gotdamn thing funny bout this.

It's kinda funny (and predictable) how he got injured (and then re-injured). I hope he comes back and starts at least one more playoff game, though. Would hate for his legacy to be 84.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-08-2013, 06:05 PM
:cry there's nothing funny about an NFL player who makes millions of dollars hurting his knee :cry
:cry RGknee has such a tough life :cry

JMarkJohns
01-08-2013, 06:21 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/1/7/11/enhanced-buzz-19386-1357575921-1.jpg

Avante
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Having designed plays starring a running QB in the NFL is totally stupid. What were the Skins thinking? Sure a guy who can escape the pockert and run for 20 is great to have but to use a QB as a running back, nope~~~~

Tebow is unique.

Lincoln
01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Having designed plays starring a running QB in the NFL is totally stupid. What were the Skins thinking? Sure a guy who can escape the pockert and run for 20 is great to have but to use a QB as a running back, nope~~~~

Tebow is unique.

Too bad he didn't get injured on a designed run you fuckin moron. Tell me one point this ENTIRE season he got hurt on a designed run. At least know what the fuck you're talking about.

Lincoln
01-08-2013, 06:52 PM
If anything he shouldn't be allowed to scramble because every single injury was scramble related, not designed run.

Avante is a fuckin moron as we all know.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Tebow is unique.
Seeing Avante disown monkey ball overnight is hilarious, tbh.

Avante
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Too bad he didn't get injured on a designed run you fuckin moron. Tell me one point this ENTIRE season he got hurt on a designed run. At least know what the fuck you're talking about.

Well no shit, ya reckon? Who said anything about him getting hurt because of a designed run? Not me. Do you pay attention at all ya fucking freak?

Pay attention dummy...

Why was RGIII brought in, was it because of his passing? No, it was because of his ability to do both. Then what do the idiot coachs do, take that running ability and misuse it. I was talking about when RGIII gets back ya moron. I assumed that was obvious. Not for a dumb fuck like you. You actually thought I thought,,,,,you can't be that fucking stupid.

Avante
01-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Never been a fan of QB's running designed plays. They will not last long playing that. I'm all for that guy who can make ya pay once he gets around the pass rush. There's 10-20 yards before the D can adjust.

This kind of running is what I talk about.

n7AAMaDAT4E

Raven
01-08-2013, 08:11 PM

:tu:tu:tu

Clipper Nation
01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Shanahan should be fired for this, tbh...

JMarkJohns
01-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Complete ACL graft tear, plus LCL tear. Out 6-8 months, minimum.

Lincoln
01-09-2013, 01:59 AM
They're projecting him to start the 2013 season.

The part of the ACL that got damaged was the previously repaired part and that's why the projection is at 6-8 months rehab rather than 9-12

slick'81
01-09-2013, 02:00 AM
damn complete reconstruction gl coming back rg3

Sean Cagney
01-09-2013, 02:05 AM
They're projecting him to start the 2013 season.

The part of the ACL that got damaged was the previously repaired part and that's why the projection is at 6-8 months rehab rather than 9-12

This sounds so good! BUT IS it really this simple and how healthy will he be? I hope he is near as good as he was earlier this year, that was a sight to see! GET WELL RG.

Lincoln
01-09-2013, 02:09 AM
This sounds so good! BUT IS it really this simple and how healthy will he be? I hope he is near as good as he was earlier this year, that was a sight to see! GET WELL RG.

We he tore that shit in 09 and won the heisman 2 years later and still had that 4.3 speed. He may never be the same again though but one thing we know is he has the work ethic. All we can do is wait, redskins fans are praying.

Sean Cagney
01-09-2013, 02:12 AM
We he tore that shit in 09 and won the heisman 2 years later and still had that 4.3 speed. He may never be the same again though but one thing we know is he has the work ethic. All we can do is wait, redskins fans are praying.

I live in the DC Area man, I am a Fins fan but I am praying because this is the best thing to happen to them since The 80's or early 90's posse! Man I want him to do well!

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2013, 02:16 AM
I live in the DC Area man
What part, brah?

DeadlyDynasty
01-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Did he re-injure the same knee as in '09? If so, that knee is not gonna magically become more structurally sound and durable.

Sean Cagney
01-09-2013, 02:22 AM
What part, brah?

Dale City VA MAN, Prince William County... This is 20 mins from DC and 15 From Springfield if you have ever been there.
Did he re-injure the same knee as in '09? If so, that knee is not gonna magically become more structurally sound and durable.

I agree with you there sir. He has to be Cunningham now on the Vikes for this to work, From a running QB to a pure passer in the pocket who can run every once in a while.

leemajors
01-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Total tear of both ligaments, total knee construction, recovery 6-8 months with no setbacks:

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/288888298867400704

JMarkJohns
01-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Still don't understand how the 'skins allowed him to walk around for the remainder of the TV broadcast. I couldn't believe it then, and am still baffled at the decisions the coaching staff has made concerning RGIII

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-09-2013, 10:13 AM
One things for sure, Avante is going to pretend he saw this coming.

KoolAid Mans Brother
01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
One things for sure, Avante is going to pretend he saw this coming.

Avante is a media puppet. He's going to go whichever direction the media takes. For example, the media says you need to run the ball to win games, therefore Avante thinks it's true because they said it. He believes that running QB's is the wave of the future because he heard some guys on NFL Network say it. Now what I've noticed is that since the media has changed their stance and are now saying that RG3 shouldn't have had so many designed running plays, and he needs to change his style of play, now Avante is also changing his stance. Avante is clearly not capable of thinking for himself. He sees things from the outside-in, whereas smart fans are always able to see things from the inside-out, which is where true football knowledge exists. How many times have you seen Avante type: "Ask any coach or former player and they will tell you....."

True knowledgeable fans of the game don't need to base their opinions on what other people say or think. Nor do they base them solely on statistics. Stats are for losers. They are capable of seeing things how they truly are on their own. They don't rely on others to make their opinions for them, like Avante does. Avante tries so hard to prove how well he knows the NFL. He claims to he an NFL historian, which is quite laughable. But the smart NFL posters here have seen him fail with predictions over and over again, and his "expert picks" have been comical.

Creepn
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Still don't understand how the 'skins allowed him to walk around for the remainder of the TV broadcast. I couldn't believe it then, and am still baffled at the decisions the coaching staff has made concerning RGIII

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I've seen people carted off the field with an ankle sprain but here is RG3 walking about with both ligaments torn. What's going on here?

leemajors
01-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I've seen people carted off the field with an ankle sprain but here is RG3 walking about with both ligaments torn. What's going on here?

he was never cleared to go back in vs Ravens, no surprises here tbh:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21507642/redskins-doc-never-cleared-rg3-to-return-against-ravens-despite-shanny-claims

The decision to put Griffin back in that game was, according to coach Mike Shanahan, cleared by Dr. James Andrews, who was on the Redskins' sideline. However, Andrews told Robert Klemko of USA Today that he never did such a thing, that he didn't even get to "touch him or talk to him" and that it "scared the hell out of me."

"[Griffin] didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

Creepn
01-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Lol this is such a clusterfuck. So somebody is lying and RG3 is doing his no snitching routine everytime they bring it up to him.

I bet RG3 demanded Andrews to give him some pain and adrenaline shots and refused any examination that Seahawks game. Andrews had no choice but to say "I don't know" if Shanahan asked if he was alright. Shanahan wanting to win took the gamble and left him out there.

leemajors
01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
sounds like rg3 and shanahan are both equally stupid imo. doc has no reason to lie, his professional rep is at stake