PDA

View Full Version : is ND now the most disgraceful team to ever play in a national title game?

BRHornet45
01-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I mean Jesus Christ what the hell is this shit? I thought Les Miles embarrassed us last year (which he did, but at least the team was legit), but this is just a flat out joke. Notre Dame looks like a high school team.

monosylab1k
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah this is a good reason why ND shouldn't have their own special set of BCS rules. Force them to play in a conference if they want to ever see a BCS bowl again.

Pelicans78
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
I mean Jesus Christ what the hell is this shit? I thought Les Miles embarrassed us last year (which he did, but at least the team was legit), but this is just a flat out joke. Notre Dame looks like a high school team.

2004 Oklahoma was pretty awful as well.

symple19
01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
2004 Oklahoma was pretty awful as well.

lol, you mean the year Auburn should have played the Trojans? Granted, I doubt Auburn would have beaten USC, but I feel pretty good saying that it would have been a far better game

Best memory of that was the OU band playing 'Boomer Sooner' after every positive play, trying to support their awful team. I wanted to break my TV I was so sick of hearing that atrocious fight song

Pelicans78
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
lol, you mean the year Auburn should have played the Trojans? Granted, I doubt Auburn would have beaten USC, but I feel pretty good saying that it would have been a far better game

Best memory of that was the OU band playing 'Boomer Sooner' after every positive play, trying to support their awful team. I wanted to break my TV I was so sick of hearing that atrocious fight song

I hate that fight song. Its terrible.

I think Auburn would have been better in that game, but I would have given USC a bigger coaching edge.

Clipper Nation
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
:lol The BC$ is a fucking joke and the 4-team "playoff" will be no better.... the pollsters and BC$ committee knew full well this would be a blowout, they just couldn't resist det Notre Dame money, tbh....

The fact that undefeated non-AQ's have been shut out from title contention entirely but this garbage Notre Dame team was allowed on this field is a travesty, imho....

The Reckoning
01-07-2013, 11:10 PM
lol 4cc

BRHornet45
01-07-2013, 11:19 PM
and to think that Ohio State's always overrated ass would have been in the title game with ND if they weren't penalized this season! lol

would have been two scrub ass teams fighting it out tonight.

Fabbs
01-07-2013, 11:52 PM
:lol The BC$ is a fucking joke and the 4-team "playoff" will be no better....
Nortre Dame would have been knocked out earlier in a playoff. That's better.

DesignatedT
01-08-2013, 12:11 AM
I would have to say yes.

thunderup
01-08-2013, 12:16 AM
They are the most underserving. Notre Dame's wins during the season were flukish to say the least. I knew they would get pummeled by the Tide.

Sucks that we have to wait two years for the playoff. Get rid of the BCS, seriously!

Ghazi
01-08-2013, 03:47 AM
No.

2007 Ohio State is by far the worst team to ever make a title game in the BCS era. they got handily beat by a pretty weak LSU team that year. Not only were they less impressive statistically than this Notre Dame team, they had 1 loss AND a FAR easier schedule. It was appalling.

ND is running into a buzzsaw a lot of teams would've. tell me who the fuck can stop the Tide offense with this monster offensive line?

Quite frankly, based on the rules, ND DID deserve to make this game. Going undefeated with wins over Oklahoma, Stanford, and Michigan is a good enough resume.

JoeTait75
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
No.

2007 Ohio State is by far the worst team to ever make a title game in the BCS era. they got handily beat by a pretty weak LSU team that year. Not only were they less impressive statistically than this Notre Dame team, they had 1 loss AND a FAR easier schedule. It was appalling.

I was actually about to post the exact same thing. 2007 Ohio State was really not that good of a football team. They were at best Jim Tressel's 5th-best team in his ten years at tOSU. That was just a weak year in CFB in general, tbh.

NFO
01-08-2013, 08:08 AM

Going into that season after losing 15 starters I never thought Ohio State would make it to the NC game, but that was a freak year and going into the last weak of the season a bunch of teams lost, which allowed both Ohio State and LSU to make that title game. Yeah that Ohio State team is probably the worst team to make a BCS title game, but I couldn't call losing by 14 getting handled in essentailly what amounted as a home field for LSU in New Orleans. Certaintly there were more teams that were handled in other BCS games, with Ohio State the year before being one, Oklahoma against USC comes to mind, LSU last year.

Anyway Notre Dame has played in 4 BCS bowls in the BCS era and have been outscored 158 to 57 with an average score being 39.5 to 14.25. It is time for ND to have theor "special" rules revoked and make them actually start earning BCS appearances.

vander
01-08-2013, 11:42 AM
people say this Bama team isn't as good as the past champs.

I disagree, best offense they've had by a wide margins, and the defense was still best in CBF

this Bama team would have rolled up LSU last year just the same

TFloss32
01-08-2013, 01:12 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/Alabama/CrystalDenied.gif?t=1357653664

TFloss32
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
The Hater's Guide to Notre Dame:

http://deadspin.com/5963736/the-haters-guide-to-notre-dame

Bill_Brasky
01-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Mike Golic is a faggot