PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Is Harden the leagues best SG?

StrengthAndHonor
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
26.4 PPG 4.2 RPG 5.3 APG
60% TS

Leading a gutted Rockets team on pace for a 50 win team on a tough Western Conference team.

Personally, I think he's better than Kobe statistically and he also brings much more value to his team. Lakers are probably a 3rd or 4th seed right now if they have Harden over Kobe.

Thoughts?

midnightpulp
01-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Presently, no. Kobe has started off the year too hot. However, I think Harden surpasses him sometime after the all-star break as the league's top SG (unless Wade gets going). Kirby's been playing 40+ minutes a game and is on a crash course with the proverbial wall.

StrengthAndHonor
01-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Presently, no. Kobe has started off the year too hot. However, I think Harden surpasses him sometime after the all-star break as the league's top SG (unless Wade gets going). Kirby's been playing 40+ minutes a game and is on a crash course with the proverbial wall.

What do you think in terms of his impact? Defensively, making his teammates better etc?

Kai
01-09-2013, 12:33 AM
I think he just has to do it a bit longer to surpass Kobe and Wade. He's certainly playing like it though.

DAF86
01-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Manu 0.2 doing the work he's supossed to make, tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
01-09-2013, 12:44 AM
I think he just has to do it a bit longer to surpass Kobe and Wade. He's certainly playing like it though.

Wade has been trash this year. Id take Harden over Kobe though at this point. He's the reason Houston is in the playoff pict.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-09-2013, 01:04 AM
:lmao OKC picking Chimpbrook over this guy

Mugen
01-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Hmm let's see:

1. best player on a team with no other all stars and has them in playoff contention.

or

2. Best player on a team with 3 future hall of famers and 4 games below .500

Kobe's been so efficient this year tho! :lol

slick'81
01-09-2013, 01:09 AM
LOL KEVIN MARTIN

Monkeyboy14
01-09-2013, 01:14 AM
I think you are forgetting about danny green.

Sean Cagney
01-09-2013, 01:15 AM
Wade has been trash this year. Id take Harden over Kobe though at this point. He's the reason Houston is in the playoff pict.

Wade has been picking it up as of late man, check the stats.

Malik Hairston
01-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Harden is #2 based on regular season performance, slightly behind Kobe..they are very close, but Kobe gets the nod for his past performance, as Harden still needs to prove himself as a #1 in the playoffs..

Wade is coasting, he'll be up there once the playoffs begin..defensively, he is noticeably better than Harden/Kobe, two shitty defensive players, tbh..

sook
01-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Kobe is better but Harden is more efficient, but that is probably because he is 23 and with athleticism that lets him drive to the basket all the time. Next season will probably be the first time Kobe wasn't the best SG in the league for the last 12 years.

Jacob1983
01-09-2013, 02:02 AM
Will Harden get any votes for Most Improved Player and MVP?

baseline bum
01-09-2013, 02:03 AM
LOL KEVIN MARTIN

:cry But they got overrated Jeremy Lamb too :cry

I remember scoffing Rocket fan for being excited about Lamb and that faggot Martin, but never had any idea they'd be able to flip them into Harden and respectability.

Ice009
01-09-2013, 02:25 AM

How could you pick Kobe over him right now? Harden's a play maker and Kobe has yet again proved that he is out for his own. There was a couple of week stretch where Harden tried to do too much, but it only took him a couple of weeks to realize that isn't the way to play. Kobe still hasn't figured it out after 15 years. I don't give a shit what Kobe is doing individual stats wise, he's just a poor team player and I wouldn't want him at all.

EmoKobe
01-09-2013, 02:27 AM
WTF! I am the best... I never get the appreciation I deserve :cry

fevertrees
01-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Cornerstone the best when he's healthy or in a Suns uniform

KaiRMD1
01-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Harden is pretty much doing work, almost makes you glad he got traded to the Rockets because if it was Harden, Durant & Ibaka then the Thunder would be a lock

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Yes he is the best. Kobe gets the nod from many due to past accomplishments, and Wade is breaking down. By the start of next season, it will be clear to all NBA fans that the Beard is the best SG in the league and a top ten player. People who watch the Rockets all the time already know that tbh.

racm
01-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Will Harden get any votes for Most Improved Player and MVP?

Knowing the voter logic he'll win the former and be on the All-NBA Second Team.

Ace
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Those saying Wade is "trash" and he's "breaking down" are fucking idiots. Watching the first month of the season may lead you to believe he's done but he was coming off surgery and playing basketball for the first time in months. Wade's numbers have been improving and he's still coasting :lol

Wishful thinking of Wade's decline won't stop Miami from repeating.

lebomb
01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
:lmao OKC picking Chimpbrook over this guy

You are one sick obsessed with chimps asswipe. Go the fuck back to that SandRacist state of yours. All you do is either say monkey, chimp or post that stupid chimp smiley. :rolleyes

Ace
01-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Harden is solid but he's not better than Kobe yet. Not base off past accomplishments but off current play. Kobe is playing his best basketball in years and not just leading the league in scoring but doing so in an efficient manner. Both are bad defenders and for Harden being the better playmaker, he's averaging 5.4 APG to Kobe's 4.8.

We'll see how Harden does in the playoffs before putting him ahead of Wade or Kobe.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-09-2013, 10:56 AM
:monkey

HeatChamps
01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao OKC. You really fucked that one up. How fucking dumb do you have to be to pick Westbrick over this guy?

thunderfan
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao OKC. You really fucked that one up. How fucking dumb do you have to be to pick Westbrick over this guy?

The Westbrook for Harden thing makes some sense, but your criticism is a little harsh. Tell me who serves as OKC's point guard in the absence of Westbrook? Westbrook continues to have his "moments", no doubt. He is the final piece to the puzzle in terms of how far OKC is going to go. There's still development that has to take place there, but he is undoubtedly equipped to do it. But, I've said the same thing in the past - when Maynor was looking really, really good prior to tearing his ACL, I often thought it would be wise to pick Harden over Westbrook if it came down to it. Maynor currently isn't looking good and has taken a back seat to Reggie Jackson.

Brunodf
01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes

Mel_13
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
The Westbrook for Harden thing makes some sense, but your criticism is a little harsh. Tell me who serves as OKC's point guard in the absence of Westbrook? Westbrook continues to have his "moments", no doubt. He is the final piece to the puzzle in terms of how far OKC is going to go. There's still development that has to take place there, but he is undoubtedly equipped to do it. But, I've said the same thing in the past - when Maynor was looking really, really good prior to tearing his ACL, I often thought it would be wise to pick Harden over Westbrook if it came down to it. Maynor currently isn't looking good and has taken a back seat to Reggie Jackson.

The guy they could have gotten when they traded him, just as they got Martin in the Harden deal. Presti's a smart guy, he would have gotten a competent PG back for Westbrook.

da_suns_fan
01-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Yes and its not even close.

Riddler
01-09-2013, 01:15 PM
jkgFTaLOld0

FkLA
01-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I think Kobe has been efficient enough to slide in at #2, but I gotta go with the beard since hes been just as efficient and has shown that he makes his teammates better tbh. Also lol at all the dumbasses that doubted Harden and thought he wouldnt be a capable first option.

DMC
01-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Fuck no. He's got Jeremy Muthafuckin' Rin.

GuerillaBlack
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8371/8360439304_39216e39e2_o.gif

StrengthAndHonor
01-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Man, Father time has caught up to old man Kobe. Look at his footwork, he's just...old.

fevertrees
01-12-2013, 05:29 PM
nice nut shot no call by Harden on that play