PDA

View Full Version : C'mon, even Demoncrats have to admit...

Yonivore
09-07-2004, 02:22 PM
...this guy's handlers are fucking idiots.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040906/i/r2995855762.jpg

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the "pistol grip," as loosely defined in the bill. [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii) and (b)(42): "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."]

Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

But Kerry's gun bill would also banned any "gift" transaction!

It is not clear if Kerry submitted to a waiting period and completed the required paperwork (Form 4473) or Brady background check before he claimed the gun.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Do as I say not as I do. Typical politician.

CommanderMcBragg
09-07-2004, 02:25 PM
You bumbling idiot.

"..would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?"

But it isn't banned Einstein!!

Try again.

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Most American support assault gun regulation, so what's your point?

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 02:27 PM
The point is that he apparently has no problem doing something that he thought should be illegal.

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 02:29 PM
It's not illegal yet. Besides, it was a gift. He probably had it crushed right after the rally.

CommanderMcBragg
09-07-2004, 02:29 PM
The point is that he apparently has no problem doing something that he thought should be illegal.

And your boy had no problem doing something that WAS illegal when he was snorting away.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Why didn't he make mention of that? Apparently he had no problem accepting it as if he appreciated it and intended on keeping it and using it.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 02:31 PM
And your boy had no problem doing something that WAS illegal when he was snorting away.

1. He's not "my boy."
2. That is an allegation.
3. Try again.

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Social norms. You don't tell people you hate their gift. You just never wear it or use it.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Yeah right. If such weapons were such a major problem which a majority of the population wanted off the streets why didn't he take the opportunity to make a statement?

If he is afraid of upsetting a few people how can he be counted on to deal with the threats which face this nation?

Do as I say not as I do.

Nbadan
09-07-2004, 02:38 PM
There is an appropriate time for everything, and making a statement about gun control isn't smart when someone just gave you a browning shot gun. Kinda like when W. holds a kid and talks about no child left behind and then doesn't allocate any additional funds to help kids left behind.

exstatic
09-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Social norms. You don't tell people you hate their gift. You just never wear it or use it.

:lol :lol

Just don't forget to take it out and put it on the mantle if...er, West Virginia comes over.

Tommy Duncan
09-07-2004, 02:52 PM
There is an appropriate time for everything, and making a statement about gun control isn't smart when someone just gave you a browning shot gun.

Bullshit. What more appropriate time to make a point about gun control than when you have been presented a weapon which you have led a movement in the Senate to ban?

Do as I say not as I do.

CommanderMcBragg
09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Do as I say, not as I do.

That is classic Bush talk.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Well it appears Bush has nothing on Kerry.