PDA

View Full Version : Moral Defeat

timvp
01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm usually not emo about regular season wins but that was a terrible win :lol

I guess we can say that the Lakers will always play the Spurs tough but, damn, that was ugly as sin.

To beat the Grizzlies, the Spurs are going to have to play a LOT better.

EVAY
01-09-2013, 10:32 PM

Ya think?!

ElNono
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
The last couple of games have been way too casual... defensively specially this time coasts really bad

Brazil
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
We are not very good at coasting

Brunodf
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Spurs played like shit.
Neal is so bad.
TP played like shit(stats say the opposite i know).
TD played like shit.
Diaw is invisible.

Seventyniner
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Moral loss and actual victory. I'll take it.

Richie
Just as bad as our loss yesterday. We looked horrible all game, didn't play Spurs basketball.

Is it down to Duncan? Two games in a row he's had nothing going offensively, can't hit his mid range jumper and missing from shots out of the post. Or is it just underestimating two poor teams and not playing hard enough?

spursfan09
This sucked but its a spurs vs lakers game

polandprzem
We gonna dispatch Grizzlies

Brazil
Lets call a cat a cat Pop has been terrible the last two games. The fuck letting the starters on the bench till 5 mn of the end?

egtonecity
01-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Spurs played down to their competition, tbh.

Warlord23
01-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Pop continues to make NBA coaching real easy tbh. He's already proved that he can build a contender with Bogans at the 2, and a 60-win squad with Bonner as the 1st big off the bench. Now for the trifecta, he wants to prove that he can win a title with Neal being the primary ball-handler off the bench.
:pop::lobt::elephant:cheer

Mugen
01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Pop throwing games tbh. That's the only reason i can think of for his decision making this last week.

Brunodf
01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Lets call a cat a cat Pop has been terrible the last two games. The fuck letting the starters on the bench till 5 mn of the end?

Agree, also that Neal/Green/Kawhi lineup is horrible.

deibero
01-09-2013, 10:40 PM
I said it in the "howard and gasol are out" thread that this game worried me. I dont like this lose lose situation games in which even if you win yo beat a depleted team and youre always at risk of taking someone lightly.

It remindend me of our game against Miami in which we lost at the end without no one.

The difference is that this lakers still have kobe nash and mwp even withouth gasol and dh.

Richie
01-09-2013, 10:41 PM
People are gonna call out Neal and other bench players, but when he went out of the game and Duncan/Parker/Manu came back in we were up 12 with 5 minutes to play.

It was the big 3 that shit the bed down the stretch in this game.

DesignatedT
01-09-2013, 10:41 PM
ehh no big deal.

widowmaker
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Moral loss and actual victory. I'll take it.

No.

biskvito
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
I think people are underrating the Lakers because they're adapting to new coach, new players... but they have great players, and Steve Nash alone can carry a team because he increases everyone's FG% and morale with all those easy buckets... it's just a matter of time for them start playing on higher level, the potential is there

spurtech09
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
duh!!!!!!!!!!

widowmaker
Spurs played like shit and if lakers were healthy forget it.

Proxy
What are the chances Pop is messing around with the lineup because he thinks it would be better to experiment in the first half of the regular season instead of the playoffs?

phxspurfan
Have the Spurs ever been good at coasting? We always give up big leads

BillMc
01-09-2013, 10:44 PM
A win is a win. Pop gambled that he could rest the starters in the 4th and keep the lead. It almost bit him, but it didn't. Nothing more to it.

Mugen
01-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Still better than a Moral Victory tbh.

:lol Lakers
:lol 5 games below .500
:lol hoping Earl Clark saves the season

Floyd Pacquiao
01-09-2013, 10:45 PM
pop's minute management was damn terrible....

widowmaker
01-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Spurs put themselves in bad matchups in D transition all night.

Brazil
01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
People are gonna call out Neal and other bench players, but when he went out of the game and Duncan/Parker/Manu came back in we were up 12 with 5 minutes to play.

jax shit the bed

ElNono
01-09-2013, 10:46 PM
All that said, it could be worse, we could be the Lakers...

timtonymanu
01-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Still better than a Moral Victory tbh.

:lol Lakers
:lol 5 games below .500
:lol hoping Earl Clark saves the season

Pretty true.

:lol Kobe missing another game winner
:lol shut down by Leonard

Brazil
Duncan being abused by scare blue and Clark doesn't help

Brazil
All that said, it could be worse, we could be the Lakers...

True dat

Budkin
Grizzlies are going to roast us.

freetiago
01-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Pops rotations have been garbage all season
what exactly is he trying to experiment with
weve had a record 13 guys come back
we know what they can do and most of them are just average defenders and wide open spot up shooters
nothing to experiment for

keeping tony out so long was his first mistake
leaving tiago as the primary post defender was another
he isnt good enough to hold it down by himself and got killed in the 3rd

Seventyniner
No.

Ok, I'll give it back then.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Yup, we were bad tonight and have been for the past few games.

I think this is a sign we're in the NBA doldrums - that time about 40% of the way through the season when you've built a good record but it's still a long way to the ASB, and it's natural for players to slack of and become a bit complacent. We have all the signs of this, it has happened before, and it happens to most teams at some stage.

The key is obviously when we pull out of it, and I think it's time for Pop to give the team a minor serve and remind them that they'll get pummelled by the Grizz if they don't bring flat-out effort and improve their execution.

Grizz game will either be a depressing loss or a strong (but close on the scoreboard) win, don't see it being anything in-between.

KaiRMD1
01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Since when does a win trigger a meltdown (or quasi-meltdown)

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
same roster for 2-3 seasons, overrated coach still working out his rotations?? hahahahaha

RD2191
01-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Pop throwing games tbh. That's the only reason i can think of for his decision making this last week.
LMFAO thats funny

spurtech09
01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
spurs have been playing alot of games with not enough rest.....it would help if spurs had atleast 2 days in a role of rest to get the energy back....thats why you see the spurs lose to a team like the hornets...thunder losing to wizards...heat losing to pacers...teams are just tired....

JRHernandez88
01-09-2013, 10:52 PM
I'll take the W but the Spurs are always looking scary against good teams. WTF

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 10:53 PM
spurs have been playing alot of games with not enough rest.....it would help if spurs had atleast 2 days in a role of rest to get the energy back....thats why you see the spurs lose to a team like the hornets...thunder losing to wizards...heat losing to pacers...teams are just tired....

lol needing more rest excuse, team is overrated as hell when pop pulls teh white flag...or players not showing up...

spurraider21
01-09-2013, 10:56 PM
we played like shit and beat the Lakers. i'll take it

Timmy will step it up big against memphis like he did last time we played them.

spurtech09
01-09-2013, 10:59 PM
lol needing more rest excuse, team is overrated as hell when pop pulls teh white flag...or players not showing up...what do you know...u have a dude poking his nose lol.....

Mugen
I'll take the W but the Spurs are always looking scary against good teams. WTF

Lakers aren't a good team tho.

spurtech09

Timmy will step it up big against memphis like he did last time we played them.amen brother

Truckules
01-09-2013, 11:00 PM
When Pop plays Neal, either Tony or Manu need to be on the court with him.

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM

Which makes the win even worse - this was a garbage squad we played tonight. Fucking Eark Clark had a 20-10 night.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM

dude serves no purpose being on this team who is very limited skillset, when hero mode doesnt go into the basket, he gives up just as many points on the other end

Brunodf
01-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Pop shouldn't play Neal at all, we were so good when Neal was injured, it's sad to watch this team right now

NRHector
01-09-2013, 11:05 PM

and if he doesn't?

JRHernandez88
01-09-2013, 11:05 PM
yeah true but you know what i mean. they'll get it going tho.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Spurs are proving night in and night out that last year year was an abberation. The defense has been nonexistent with Duncan on the bench. And Mr. toughy couldn't even stick it out to the end of this one. All in all, the Spurs would have been abused by a full strength Lakers squad. And quite possibly the worst news of all, it looks like Duncan's hit a wall.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
splitter had an awesome game tonight...his been beasting ever since players started cheap shotting him on the head...

ginobilized
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Bright side of the moral defeat: Kawhi was great guarding Kobe.
Dark side: Stephen Jackson needs to get it together a little bit more. No need for 2 techs in this game.
Weird aside: What the hell is going on with Steve Nash's hair? That boy ain't right.

Capt Bringdown
01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
25 3pt attempts...why did the Spurs play 3 ball shoot-em-up against a team with no center & a featherweight perimeter (Nash)?
And WTF is a Diaw? If he can't score a bucket in 26 minutes then he's hurting the team.

TheSkeptic
01-09-2013, 11:11 PM
splitter had an awesome game tonight...his been beasting ever since players started cheap shotting him on the head...

Come to think of it he probably could've taken some shots from Neal this game.

Bright side of the moral defeat: Kawhi was great guarding Kobe.
Dark side: Stephen Jackson needs to get it together a little bit more. No need for 2 techs in this game.
Weird aside: What the hell is going on with Steve Nash's hair? That boy ain't right.

Those 2 techs were unforgivable on a night where I thought Jax was playing some good ball.

Johnny RIngo
01-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Pop shouldn't play Neal at all, we were so good when Neal was injured, it's sad to watch this team right now

Of all Spurs players getting meaningful minutes, Neal has the worst simple rating. Spurs won't let him go because he's so cheap but he really doesn't improve the team at all. When he's not shooting well, he hurts the team - his all around game is so damn mediocre.

chapnis
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
25 3pt attempts...why did the Spurs play 3 ball shoot-em-up against a team with no center & a featherweight perimeter (Nash)?
And WTF is a Diaw? If he can't score a bucket in 26 minutes then he's hurting the team.

Diaw played fine. Had good assists, pulled down boards. He was hardly what let the Fakers back into the game.

Capt Bringdown
01-09-2013, 11:15 PM
On the other hand, adding to the Laker free-fall is big fun.

midnightpulp
01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Fuck that bullshit "win is a win, I'll take them anyway I can get it" mentality. That shit's reserved for the playoffs. The Spurs should've embarrassed and demoralized the Lakers tonight, but were too chickenshit and heartless to step on their fuckin' throat after going up 16 midway in the 4th.

Unacceptable performance.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 11:17 PM
gary neal takes alot of bad selection shots to be honest, i dont care if they go in, cause most times they are bricks....

when his not scoring, its either a turnover or players blowing past him for easy baskets....

seems like pop awards shitty players alot minutes when they are sucking......suckin on his dick

Capt Bringdown
01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Diaw played fine. Had good assists, pulled down boards. He was hardly what let the Fakers back into the game.

Bball fundamentals - everyone on the court needs to at least pretend to be a scoring threat or the opponent gets the benefit of playing 5 on 4 defense.

chapnis
01-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Gary Neal is a shooter, he is on the court to take shots...

chapnis
01-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Bball fundamentals - everyone on the court needs to at least pretend to be a scoring threat or the opponent gets the benefit of playing 5 on 4 defense.

He was hardly passing up loads of wide open looks.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Gary Neal is a shooter, he is on the court to take shots...

yeh but how many shots are you willing to take everytime he misses shots that is a needed basket that continues to bury the spurs deeper to get back into the game?

i swear gary neal usually comes in when the spurs have a lead....only to see him in hero mode giving back as many points to the other team as whatever production he puts up

spurraider21
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
and if he doesn't?
well then that sucks. timmy has had good bounce back performances this year, and he played poorly against the hornets and the lakers. he was playing down to the competition tbh

NRHector
01-09-2013, 11:27 PM
well then that sucks. timmy has had good bounce back performances this year, and he played poorly against the hornets and the lakers. he was playing down to the competition tbh

that is not acceptable

TheSkeptic
01-09-2013, 11:29 PM

Nah. I think he just had a bad game. Bad shooting nights happen to everybody. Just ask Kobe. :lol

Reck
01-09-2013, 11:31 PM

LOL Manu won that game.

Parker gets a slight pass because he actually showed up during 3 quarters and a half.

It all comes down to Pop, Duncan and neal and to put the cream on top, when Jackson lost his shit.

Malik Hairston
01-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Meh, coasting..I would be more worried if they hadn't built double-digit leads at several junctures of the game, tbh..typical NBA game with the superior team falling asleep against a poor opponent..

However, these past two games are a reminder that Duncan needs to play at a superstar level if the Spurs have any chance at winning a title..

TD 21
01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Fuck that bullshit "win is a win, I'll take them anyway I can get it" mentality. That shit's reserved for the playoffs. The Spurs should've embarrassed and demoralized the Lakers tonight, but were too chickenshit and heartless to step on their fuckin' throat after going up 16 midway in the 4th.

Unacceptable performance.

Exactly. They almost always do this against these assholes, which is why they've always had more confidence against the Spurs than the Spurs have had against them. It's especially concerning because they could meet in the playoffs.

Yeah, I know it's popular to pretend as if the Lakers have no chance, but one spot (Trail Blazers) is clearly up for grabs and with the Jazz and Timberwolves having key injuries and being mediocre to begin with, I still think the Lakers get in. Plus, I'm sure some GM will feel obligated to help them at the deadline and by the off chance no one does, the league (officials) will attempt to will them in themselves.

For those complaining about a Neal-Green back court, I agree. He could easily avoid that pairing, without overextending Parker or Ginobili. All he'd have to do is pull Parker a couple of minutes earlier and leave Ginobili in for maybe an extra minute . . . but I guess that would make too much sense.

Strategic
01-09-2013, 11:48 PM

It was obvious Pop was off his game when he was so nice during his third quarter interview. Way too accommodating!!!

spurraider21
01-09-2013, 11:50 PM
that is not acceptable
evidently it is, seeing how tim duncan hasn't been disciplined and you are still a spurs fan

therealtruth
01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
The Lakers just did what the Spurs did to the Heat.

Strategic
01-09-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm usually not emo about regular season wins but that was a terrible win :lol

I guess we can say that the Lakers will always play the Spurs tough but, damn, that was ugly as sin.

I think the game went about how Pop wanted it to go. It got too close at the end and he had Timmy, Manu and Parker in control but they couldn't execute in the last couple of minutes to save their asses. It's a win!!!

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 12:07 AM
spurs are nothing but pretenders and fodder team

teams come and rock up wanting to beat the spurs, while the spurs every match look to coasts to easy wins, shit happens when it doesnt go as planned....

cd98
01-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Looks to me like the Spurs downfall has been careless turnovers. They gave the ball away too easily. Just look at our last offensive possession. Spurs need to take care of the ball.

Slutter McGee
01-10-2013, 12:17 AM
What are you people talking about. This win was beautiful. I get to go to work, and watch my laker fan friends get excited about their moral victory, only to get their hopes crushed in a few more days. I am personally thrilled.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

RD2191
01-10-2013, 12:17 AM
@JMcDonald_SAEN (https://twitter.com/JMcDonald_SAEN)

Manu: "There are some games, even if you lose you get better. The last two games we got worse."

Sean Cagney
01-10-2013, 12:21 AM
dude serves no purpose being on this team who is very limited skillset, when hero mode doesnt go into the basket, he gives up just as many points on the other end

I agree and thats why I am not a fan of that dude! Some had the nerve to say he can run backup PG, on what planet is that? He sucks if he is not hitting his long shots, he can't drive nor set up plays. He is a volume scorer, nothing more or less.

Sean Cagney
01-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Looks to me like the Spurs downfall has been careless turnovers. They gave the ball away too easily. Just look at our last offensive possession. Spurs need to take care of the ball.

It has been this way for a while now, this cot damn TO crap started in the playoffs last year late (Yes even when we won) and has not stopped since!

01-10-2013, 01:01 AM
spurs can be easily figured out, that is their greatest weakness. pop has done a great job hiding the team's deficiencies, most notably not have an elite player capable of scoring or making a play no matter what.

it was most evident with the thunder last year. once the thunder got a feel for the spurs, they start shutting everyone down. and everyone can be shut down because the spurs don't have a lebron, prime dirk, durant, melo to a lesser extent, or a prime duncan anymore. everyone on the team is predictable so opposing players start figuring out that diaw/neal/green are terrible penetrators and will most likely pass the ball whenever they drive. against smart teams or familiar foes like nash, kobe, and artest that have figured out the spurs, the spurs' weaknesses are heavily exposed.

the spurs got past the jazz because they were more talented. they managed to blitz the clippers in the second round and because del negro was such a bad coach, he was too late in figuring out the spurs. clippers players learned from their mistakes and have owned the spurs in the meetings so far this year. the spurs tried to blitz the thunder too in the playoffs but the thunder were talented and smart enough to stop them in the end. figure out the spurs' system and the spurs are just a group of mediocre players with an all star point guard that can never reach the elite level needed.

HI-FI
01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
spurs can be easily figured out, that is their greatest weakness. pop has done a great job hiding the team's deficiencies, most notably not have an elite player capable of scoring or making a play no matter what.

it was most evident with the thunder last year. once the thunder got a feel for the spurs, they start shutting everyone down. and everyone can be shut down because the spurs don't have a lebron, prime dirk, durant, melo to a lesser extent, or a prime duncan anymore. everyone on the team is predictable so opposing players start figuring out that diaw/neal/green are terrible penetrators and will most likely pass the ball whenever they drive. against smart teams or familiar foes like nash, kobe, and artest that have figured out the spurs, the spurs' weaknesses are heavily exposed.

the spurs got past the jazz because they were more talented. they managed to blitz the clippers in the second round and because del negro was such a bad coach, he was too late in figuring out the spurs. clippers players learned from their mistakes and have owned the spurs in the meetings so far this year. the spurs tried to blitz the thunder too in the playoffs but the thunder were talented and smart enough to stop them in the end. figure out the spurs' system and the spurs are just a group of mediocre players with an all star point guard that can never reach the elite level needed.
good post, but isn't it on Pop that we don't have an elite playmaker, or is it more of a matter none want to sign here, too much money tied to big 3 etc...?

Mouth is Bleeding
01-10-2013, 01:21 AM
From possibly the sharpest guy out there on the NBA:

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob (https://twitter.com/haralabob) SPurs are running the same offense they ran last year, but without the benefit of a spacing 4, its ugly

@haralabob (https://twitter.com/haralabob) have you looked at their offensive efficiency numbers?

@theonlycrow (https://twitter.com/theonlycrow) Yes I have, I've also watched how teams have played them of late.

@haralabob (https://twitter.com/haralabob) think they know that but isn't improved D worth it

@mattmo28 (https://twitter.com/mattmo28) yes could be worth it, didn't work last year when they played OKC games 3-6 though.

ffadicted
01-10-2013, 01:25 AM
I found myself giving surprisingly little fucks about watching this game, I'm not surprised the players felt the same way. Win is a win.

01-10-2013, 01:31 AM
good post, but isn't it on Pop that we don't have an elite playmaker, or is it more of a matter none want to sign here, too much money tied to big 3 etc...?
hindsight is always 20/20 but the spurs should have rebuild/moved one of the big 3 a long time ago, most notably after failing to repeat in 2008. getting jefferson also certainly set the spurs back 2.5 years. spurs were slow and patient building up their bench, always waiting for good values or for the perfect trade to come along. but were patient to a fault. by the time they assembled a decent bench, duncan is already too old. the spurs kept thinking they could "reload" but were really just dying a slow death.

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 01:36 AM
why does the spurs always play bullshit bball every time they pull out good +10pt leads...cant these clowns ever hold onto a lead?

HI-FI
01-10-2013, 01:46 AM
hindsight is always 20/20 but the spurs should have rebuild/moved one of the big 3 a long time ago, most notably after failing to repeat in 2008. getting jefferson also certainly set the spurs back 2.5 years. spurs were slow and patient building up their bench, always waiting for good values or for the perfect trade to come along. but were patient to a fault. by the time they assembled a decent bench, duncan is already too old. the spurs kept thinking they could "reload" but were really just dying a slow death.
it is a tough call, I almost feel Pop became too attached to the big 3, and I don't necessarily blame him. If we had to move one of them, I would have tried to get some pieces for TP. That's why last season's loss was so painful. Hopefully if we do a full rebuild, Kawhi is better and a big part of the team.

capek
01-10-2013, 02:05 AM
why does the spurs always play bullshit bball every time they pull out good +10pt leads...cant these clowns ever hold onto a lead?

I don't think you know what that phrase means.

Fuck it, I'm with the 'a win's a win' crowd. Sure, I would have preferred to have my Lakers hate quelled with a beat down. Then again I'll just take it another way, that tonight the Spurs fucked with them on a deeper level, giving them hope that this close loss could be a turning point for their season, when I have little doubt that they'll continue shitting the bed until May. Give em a little false hope, and then laugh when it comes to nothing. That's how I'll enjoy this WIN.

timaios
01-10-2013, 02:07 AM

The spurs scored 103, 103 & 99 points in the last 3 games vs OKC in the playoffs. The problem was the defense !

dunkman
01-10-2013, 02:22 AM
There are no moral defeats in bball. The game in Miami was lost and this one was won.

mingus
01-10-2013, 03:18 AM
No doubt the Spurs had some mental mistakes in the game, especially late. But Kobe hit some fucking amazing shots, and Duncan was dragging pretty bad.

rascal
01-10-2013, 05:35 AM

Shell of a Laker team. It will not be a surprise if the Spurs get beat by a healthy Laker team in the first round if they match up that way. The Spurs frontline is still weak.

rascal
01-10-2013, 05:43 AM
it is a tough call, I almost feel Pop became too attached to the big 3, and I don't necessarily blame him. If we had to move one of them, I would have tried to get some pieces for TP. That's why last season's loss was so painful. Hopefully if we do a full rebuild, Kawhi is better and a big part of the team.

Manu should have been moved years ago. With all the injuries and inconsistent play he is the weak link of the big 3.

chapnis
01-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Manu should have been moved years ago. With all the injuries and inconsistent play he is the weak link of the big 3.

Take back your blasphemous comments you scoundrel!

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 05:59 AM
the mental mistakes appear in each game, yet when the white flag is wave in those heavy defeats where neither of the big3 get going...the bench gets exposed big time....

baseline bum
01-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Was a major trap game, but thankfully the Lakers are so shitty they couldn't capitalize on all the ridiculous turnovers and bad shots at the end. I was dying laughing at how there was no way LA was winning even with the Spurs bringing their F- game then.

Fireball
01-10-2013, 06:48 AM
If everybody knew it was a trap game, is it still one?

I was pissed that the Spurs bench lost in Miami and thats why the only silver lining of this game is, that the Lakers were close to win the game - they gave everything they had despite their injured players and it still was not enough. While verybody talked about how this was a win-win-situation for the Lakers, I think with this outcome it was not. The Lakers try and try and try and do not succeed ... that must hurt and this I can enjoy quite a bit.

But really, why is it Spurs players are not prepared for teams playing their scrubs? Is Coach Pop not interested in such competition because it does not reflect the playoffs in any kind of way?

Slippy
01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Yah hard to feel good about this win. Spurs almost choked it away. Certain bad trends showed again tonight. If you didn't know any better you would think the Spurs are a jump shooting team with the big three being Tony , Manu and Gary neal. Get's worse when you-got the chief playmakers looking for a their jumper, realizing on the last moment the shot not there then trying to make a pass in mid-air.

Predicatble offense leading to bad turnovers and other teammates standing around watching.

Raven
01-10-2013, 08:37 AM
the only nice part is that we won two games against the lakers with kobe's unclutch play.

biskvito
01-10-2013, 09:37 AM
why is it Spurs players are not prepared for teams playing their scrubs?

They had Kobe, ARtest and Steve fucking Nash!! Nash always extra motivated playing against the Spurs, and that is a player that turns "scrubs" into efficient scorers... Spurs have every men for themselves with the occasional assist, not very common... Lakers had excellent teamwork when Nash was on court

maverick1948
01-10-2013, 10:02 AM
Is there no one going to point out the "free" time out Bill Kenedy gave the Lakers at the 5:09 mark of the 4th? At that point, we were up 10, with the 2nd unit holding their own against the Lakers. The Lakers were gassed and had no full time out left. But because of the television coverage, he stopped play and allowed a near 5 min instead of 3 min timeout. That plus Stephen Jackson going off KNOWING the officials were going to call him for a tech. He got 2 plus gave up a 3 point basket making a 5 point swing. Every team thinks they are fouled on every shot. A lot of fouls go uncalled because you would not have 5 players left if you called them all. Sad thing, NBA official are inconsistant on the block-charge calls.

temujin
01-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Don't know about moral losses,
but if moral wins mean
being 15-20,
11th in the WC (closer to 12 than to 10th),
with virtually no hope to have HCA for the PO,
with only 7 of the next 18 games at home (including 1 against Miami and a pair against OKC),
With a starting five averiging 34,5 years of age,
not a great bench,
and an injured starting center with no clear date of return,

I'll take the moral loss.

Brazil
01-10-2013, 10:47 AM
for me on this game pop has been a bit arrogant by letting the second unit most of the fourth quarter, he probably thought they could finish the game without the big 3 but you should never be too cocky when you play a even a depleted team with kobe and nash imho fwiw

superbigtime
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
An ESPN televised win against the Lakers will never be easy. You fags quit your bitching.

EVAY
01-10-2013, 11:06 AM

I agree with this. (And with your wine selections)

Jumi
01-10-2013, 12:17 PM
I was so caught up in the game last night I didn't realize Bonner didn't get a single minute of action! I take back my anger of Pop's horrible coaching decisions......That goddamn man's a freaking genuis!! If Blair and Bonner couldn't get on the floor with the Laker's second unit, there's no way in hell they should see the floor against anyone else!! THE BONNER-BLAIR ERA IS OVER!

Tbh, they could help out somewhere else, just get the fuck outta here!!

Dex
01-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Spurs let down their guard, Lakers hit some crazy shots. Happens all the time.

Sure, the offense got stagnant at the end, but still...If it takes Earl Clark hitting his first career three and Kobe nailing a 30 footer to get them within striking distance, then you just tip your hat to them. Jackon's ejection didn't help matters either.

A win over the Lakers is a win, regardless. They are sitting on a five-game losing streak which more than erases the "season-changing" five-game winning streak they were on, and at sitting back at 5 games under .500 with OKC coming to town.

rmt
01-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Why did Pop have the big 3 out at the same time - with no playmaker on the floor? What's most disappointing to me is Duncan's poor play - Spurs' only chance at a championship is if TD continues his stellar play of this season. Spurs need to have Leonard practice the fast break - he almost always gets offensive foul - negates his steals.

Isn't it ironic that Diaw passes up WIDE open shots and Neal never met a shot he doesn't like?

Horse
01-10-2013, 01:29 PM
It was a classic letdown scenerio, they were on a back to back just got blownout against houston. We controlled the whole game but kept letting them back cause we could'nt keep focused. It almost cost us when kobe started chucking in the end. Still no worries. I do wonder why douchebag players like clark (who I've never heard of before last night) have career games against us.

dbreiden83080
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't feel like the Spurs have hit their stride yet this season or even come close yet they are 28-10.. Not bad..

cd021
01-10-2013, 11:26 PM
I think people are underrating the Lakers because they're adapting to new coach, new players... but they have great players, and Steve Nash alone can carry a team because he increases everyone's FG% and morale with all those easy buckets... it's just a matter of time for them start playing on higher level, the potential is there

They better catch the train they're gonna be 15-21 after OKC and Dallas is probably more likely to get together than they are. The Lakers need to go 33-14 (.700%) to have the same mark as last season which would probably put them as they 8th seed or 7th.

cd021
01-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Why did Pop have the big 3 out at the same time - with no playmaker on the floor? What's most disappointing to me is Duncan's poor play - Spurs' only chance at a championship is if TD continues his stellar play of this season. Spurs need to have Leonard practice the fast break - he almost always gets offensive foul - negates his steals.

Isn't it ironic that Diaw passes up WIDE open shots and Neal never met a shot he doesn't like?

Duncan still controlled the paint fairly well 4 blocks (should of been 5 with that block on Kobe in the 2nd) and had a big block late. If he struggles on offense, which isn't very often this season, he can still board well and create for others too, to go along with his defense.

Kawhi is a raw player on offense to say the least, I'd like to see the Parker, Manu, Kawhi, Sjax, Duncan lineup but most of the burden of scoring would fall on Parker & Manu on the wing. He really can't create his own shot. Green is kind of different He is able to knock down those pull up jumpers when a he draws a defender off his his feet with the up fake.

Diaw did have 5 assists and 0 T.O.'s, He also assisted on 3 of Sjax 5 made Field goals. He has been more aggressive compared to the start of the season, he is a much better fit off the bench than as a starter. If Neal were to ever play 36 minutes a game, the only reason he would need rest is to ice his shooting elbow.

mountainballer
01-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Moral victories come at a rate of 250K.

so I guess at least Peter Holt prefers the Moral Defeats.

Calispursfan11
01-11-2013, 08:42 AM
LOL, TIMVP going emo! I like it TIMVP!

lakerhaterade
01-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Moral victories come at a rate of 250K.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

lakerhaterade
01-11-2013, 09:24 AM
anyway.

gotta agree with my boi timvpimp. this was a moral defeat, if there exists such a thing.

if the same performance echoes onto tonight's game against memphis, say hello to the 11th loss of the season in a blowout.