PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Shopping Blair

jon123spurs
01-09-2013, 10:48 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/report-spurs-continue-to-shop-dejuan-blair/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 10:49 PM
heard whottaburger is hiring...

RD2191
01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
good

timtonymanu
01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Not surprised with the signing of Baynes.

NRHector
01-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Bonner is the one that needs to go

Brunodf
01-09-2013, 10:59 PM
Package him with Neal

playblair
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
b4 the blair haters ruin the thread ...... let us all remember the beast.....

ai7p4J2qRYg

timtonymanu
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
playblair will go into suicide watch if Blair gets traded

TheSkeptic
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM

ai7p4J2qRYg

He's leaving not dying.

Libri
01-09-2013, 11:17 PM
He might be worth a third round pick.

Hoops Czar
01-09-2013, 11:22 PM
The Spurs have been shopping Blair since forever. It's not like GM's are chomping at the bit to trade for him. It's no secret he can't run and jump and no team will give the Spurs anything worthwhile in return. So it's a moot point.

ace3g
01-09-2013, 11:23 PM
. In the days leading up to the 2012 NBA Draft, the Spurs spoke to a number of teams about the 23-year-old big man. They nearly sent Blair to the Miami Heat, but the deal fell apart.

I wonder what that trade would have entailed?

chapnis
01-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Probably DeJuan for a 2nd round pick and cash.

k_nguyen93
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
http://play.esea.net/global/media_preview.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.comicvine .com%2Fuploads%2F7%2F75222%2F2072040-not_sure_if_serious.jpg

playblair
01-09-2013, 11:27 PM

props on proving the blair haters wrong .........

Chinook
01-09-2013, 11:27 PM

It's possible the Heat just wanted to get a contract off the books. Maybe they offered a draft pick for what was an non-guaranteed deal. I hope that's not the case, because there's no reason for a team to want Blair's contract to save any money. If it were for basketball reasons, the Heat may still want him. They've been looking for backup bigs recently.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 11:29 PM
lol blair aint worth shit, let alone a draft pick...when they can just sign him as a FA in the summer...

Chinook
01-09-2013, 11:29 PM
It sucks that a Blair/Anthony Randolph swap is pretty much impossible now.

playblair
01-09-2013, 11:31 PM
blair haters the defending champs wanted blair .........

blair >>>>>>> diaw.........

DPG21920
01-09-2013, 11:33 PM
The defending champs also signed Eddie Curry and he's in China :lol

freetiago
01-09-2013, 11:34 PM
defending champs wanted diaw also
he had his pick and decided to play with his best buddy tony
just dont kill yourself when blairs out of the league this time next season and his obese girlfriends leave him bankrupt

FromWayDowntown
01-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Every time I look at this thread title, I think this is a thread about ShoogarBear

loveforthegame
01-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Hopefully the Spurs have lowered their ridiculous asking price.

swaggerjackson
01-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Bobcats would prolly take him. They were interested in drafting him years ago. And the way their frontcourt plays I am betting they would take a three month trial run with Blair. Certainly couldn't hurt them. They literally won't be open to giving anyone back it would have to be a for 2nd rounder. And even then as high as their 2nd rounders are, I am not sure they would give that up. But it is just an idea.

"They nearly sent Blair to the Miami HEAT, but the deal fell apart."

Just read this on hoopsworld. Anybody got any details on what they are referring to? I never heard about that deal, if in fact one existed.

Strategic
01-09-2013, 11:42 PM

Maybe if someone needed a defensive end prospect?

Chinook
01-09-2013, 11:49 PM
For anyone wondering how much salary the Spurs can take back in a deal that has them trading just Blair, the magic number is somewhere between $1.54 Million and $1.64 Million. With Baynes' contract taking up about 500k, the Spurs are less than half a million bucks under the tax line, which the Spurs consider a hard line this year. This is about what trade rules would allow anyway, so it's only a big deal in certain circumstances.

Adding Neal into the deal increases the max return salary to about $2.4 Million, which is a pretty penny. The tax limitations play a much bigger role here, as the Spurs could take back 460k more if they weren't up against the tax. Including Bonner in a trade makes it even worse, as the Spurs are limited by about $1.8 Million more than they would be if they weren't against the tax line.

That's just an overly technical way of saying that a Blair trade is unlikely to be for anyone substantial. My hope is that the Spurs can get away with a straight salary dump and use the savings and open roster spot to try out combo-forwards to sign for next season. How's Jajuan Johnson been doing?

Libri
01-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Maybe if someone needed a defensive end prospect?

lol

KaiRMD1
01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
I don't get it, he used to be able to jump and run. Oh well, I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2013, 11:58 PM
lol why would bobcats or jordan take this clown if their objective is tank mode and stay below the cap to reap the revenue sharing of lux tax payers...

DPG21920
01-10-2013, 12:00 AM
At this point, flexibility>>>>>>a player based on what Blair's contract can get you. It has potential to get a little toxic (although Blair handles things well overall, he's emo at times which is understandable) - so moving Blair IMO is a must for healthy lockerroom.

Sucks because it must be really, really tough being young competitive and have your health deteriorate when you had a promising start to your career.

Spur|n|Austin
01-10-2013, 12:06 AM
I don't get it, he used to be able to jump and run. Oh well, I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

no acls

Boomersgold
I hope we do a Jackie Moon and trade Blair for a new washing machine.

TDMVPDPOY
At this point, flexibility>>>>>>a player based on what Blair's contract can get you. It has potential to get a little toxic (although Blair handles things well overall, he's emo at times which is understandable) - so moving Blair IMO is a must for healthy lockerroom.

Sucks because it must be really, really tough being young competitive and have your health deteriorate when you had a promising start to your career.

he hasnt done shit to improve his game, spurs are in win mode and not in a position to babysit wankers how to improve there game

wheres that jumpshot he was going to add to his game, yet everytime he gets any minuntes his back to his old self with teh same circus shots bullshit...at leasts malik rose had a jumpshot late in the years he was a spurs that he can rely on...this clown, even whattaburger wouldnt employ him

Chinook
01-10-2013, 12:09 AM
I still like a trade for Jeremy Tyler, if the Warriors would have it. Some time in Austin could do Tyler some good.

will_spurs
01-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Everybody loved Blair when he came into the league... and even right now his stats are far from awful for a bench big. He just doesn't provide anything the Spurs need right now. Plus the Spurs know they need to move him when Bayne comes, or is it going to turn into a full-blown drama queen.

Given Chinook's summary, either the Spurs go straight into a salary dump move and get some flexibility with an open 15th roster spot, which could be useful to sign the top of the scrap heap; or they pair him with Neal and trade him for a decent guy (hopefully a SF/tall SG who is defensively-minded).

PingPong
01-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Get rid of Blair, Green or Neal and De Colo and get a decent guard. Let Bonner and Jackson go and get a good third big and a good younger small forward.

crc21209
01-10-2013, 04:36 AM
I got excited when I first saw this thread, and then I realized it was just a bumped thread from before the season...:lol

Paranoid Pop
01-10-2013, 05:08 AM
Spurs asked Miami for a first rounder from what I read, but their bluff got called :lol, basically they flushed 1 Million down the toilet when they picked up his option.

Paranoid Pop
01-10-2013, 05:10 AM
Also Blair can only serve as filler in a trade, nobody wants him and his expiring contract is very small.

Russo21
01-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Jackson has in the range of a 10 million expiring contract. Maybe the best way to get something half valuable in return is to package Jackson and Blair together for a team wanting to tank and or take contracts off their books at years end. If Jax is gonna get ejected and act like a dickhead he wont be missed.

spurraider21
01-10-2013, 05:27 AM
id rather hang onto jax, let him do his thing in the playoffs, and hang onto his expiring contract

Cklbmk
01-10-2013, 05:56 AM
lol why would bobcats or jordan take this clown if their objective is tank mode and stay below the cap to reap the revenue sharing of lux tax payers...

Cuz if they let him play they would officially be tanking.

Bruno
01-10-2013, 05:58 AM
While the source of this article is Hoopsworld, it comes from a piece written by Alex Kennedy that is a solid writer with some inside source. What surprises me in his article, is that there seems to have a true market for Blair. Spurs won't obviously get a lot for him but they should be able to trade him relatively easily

Darkwaters
01-10-2013, 06:04 AM
Also Blair can only serve as filler in a trade, nobody wants him and his expiring contract is very small.

Not true. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Spurs move him to a team thats under the cap. In that trade they'd probably just get draft considerations and/or rights to a foreign player.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Theo Ratliff-like trade went down.

baseline bum
01-10-2013, 06:51 AM
I'd like to see the Spurs hold onto Blair for injury insurance, but part of me would like to see him get a chance to earn a decent contract next summer by getting sent somewhere he could be in the rotation the rest of the year. He's an awful fit for the Spurs since Tim is so immobile, but I think he could be a decent player elsewhere; maybe even a return to the form he showed early in his career. This team would have been such a great situation for Blair back around 03, but right now it's about the worst one he could ask for. It wouldn't surprise me to see him have a breakout year next season somewhere he fits though.

DapDaGenius
01-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Package him with Neal

Hell no.

DapDaGenius
01-10-2013, 08:16 AM
props on proving the blair haters wrong .........

What if the Bucks got Blair?

exstatic
01-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Jackson has in the range of a 10 million expiring contract. Maybe the best way to get something half valuable in return is to package Jackson and Blair together for a team wanting to tank and or take contracts off their books at years end. If Jax is gonna get ejected and act like a dickhead he wont be missed.

You'll miss him in May and June.

Seventyniner
01-10-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't mind a straight salary dump because the Spurs could use the roster flexibility closer to the trade deadline.

exstatic
01-10-2013, 08:25 AM
I still like a trade for Jeremy Tyler, if the Warriors would have it. Some time in Austin could do Tyler some good.

Tyler is the exact kind of AAU system inflated, over self estimated player the Spurs wouldn't have.

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 08:29 AM
nobody wants this clown...

Chinook
01-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Tyler is the exact kind of AAU system inflated, over self estimated player the Spurs wouldn't have.

I think he's been humbled over the last two-and-a-half years. He's probably ready for some real coaching and development now.

Ice009
01-10-2013, 08:37 AM

You think the Warriors are going to trade with us after the piece of shit we gave them last season?

Chinook
01-10-2013, 08:41 AM
You think the Warriors are going to trade with us after the piece of shit we gave them last season?

Probably not, but word around the street is that they were interested in Blair during the draft. They weren't willing to give San Antonio their pick back for him, though. Tyler doesn't seem like too high of a price to pay if they're still high on Dejuan.

Raven
01-10-2013, 08:48 AM
it's time to move him or cut him.

exstatic
01-10-2013, 08:55 AM
it's time to move him or cut him.

Quite a bit of time before the deadline. Why cut him when you might get a pick AND someone else pays the rest of his year's salary?

Honestly, some of you people are SO impatient. What difference does a couple of weeks make if he's buried as the last man on the roster?

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 09:10 AM
the problem is his contract is teed, no point in cuttin him if ur still payin his salary

keeping him around means wasting a roster spot....

MultiTroll
01-10-2013, 09:14 AM

ai7p4J2qRYg

and the Spurs record in games he started.
Energy. Effort.

Raven
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Quite a bit of time before the deadline. Why cut him when you might get a pick AND someone else pays the rest of his year's salary?

Honestly, some of you people are SO impatient. What difference does a couple of weeks make if he's buried as the last man on the roster?

didn't mean today.. i meant that it is time to face the fact that he's a failed experiment and he should not be given any minute of any kind from here on.

Darkwaters
01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
the problem is his contract is teed, no point in cuttin him if ur still payin his salary

keeping him around means wasting a roster spot....

Do you have someone in mind to fill that roster spot, other than him? Especially considering that so long as hes on the books, it limits the already microscopic cap space we have to sign someone.

Spurs9
01-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't understand the Blair hate, he is a beast TBH, I don't want to see him go.

lurker23
01-10-2013, 12:18 PM
I'd be very surprised if the Spurs trade Blair for a protected 2nd rounder right now. That's a trade that's going to be there at the trade deadline, and for now they can retain his contract value for a package deal. If Blair is traded in January, it'll almost definitely be for an actual 2nd round pick.

phxspurfan
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Classic case of not selling high. We had a chance to trade him before, but now he is of low value. Release time

deibero
01-10-2013, 12:33 PM
trade him to the heat for norris cole... we get a young backup pg with potential although he's struggling now...

Darkwaters
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
trade him to the heat for norris cole... we get a young backup pg with potential although he's struggling now...

Why would we need, or even want, yet another backup PG? We already have Joseph, Mills and De Colo - to say nothing of Gary Neal.

I don't understand the Blair hate, he is a beast TBH, I don't want to see him go.

Have you watched him play at all this season? The guy is totally done. Hes not even an NBA caliber player - let alone a good one. Those 20 and 20 games were a loooooong time ago.

spurraider21
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
I hope we do a Jackie Moon and trade Blair for a new washing machine.
:rollin

i actually wouldn't mind this. whatever gets him off our roster

timvp
01-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Blair is physically broken. If it's due to degeneration of his knees due to his lack of ACLs, his career is over. And it probably IS due to that from what I can tell.

In his rookie season, he might have been top 10% in the NBA in athleticism. Right now, he's undoubtedly in the bottom 10%. No matter how much skill or heart or grit or whatever is added, a 6-foot-6 bigman with no athleticism can't make it in the NBA. Bottomline.

At most, the Spurs can get a second round pick for him. Is he worth trading for a second rounder? I think it depends on Baynes. If Baynes proves he could be at least an upgrade to Blair, then might as well trade away Blair and get that second round pick. If Baynes is more of a project who can't be counted on for even emergency minutes, then the Spurs should just keep Blair. As bad as Blair is now since he can't run or jump, he at least knows the system and has some chemistry with the players. A second round pick isn't worth trading away potential depth (even extreme depth) on a team with championship expectations.

That equation would change if Blair starts being a distraction and really pushes to get traded. But from all I know, that isn't the case right now.

Chinook
01-10-2013, 03:10 PM
That equation would change if Blair starts being a distraction and really pushes to get traded. But from all I know, that isn't the case right now.

If Blair knows he's done, then I doubt he wants to get traded. I imagine he'd like to go out a champion, and the Spurs are probably going to be his best chance of doing that. Plus despite everything, he may like being in San Antonio. The Spurs took a chance on him with no one else did. Even though the other teams' concerns seem to be valid, that probably still means a lot to him. He seems happy and supportive on the bench, and the other players still seem to like him. So I don't think he's doing much to mess with the locker room right now. If he knows he can't play, I doubt he's having a hard time understanding why he's not playing anymore.

Plus, so long as there is ambiguity surrounding Blair's benching, he has a chance to trick another team into giving him a decent final contract before the wheels fall off. If he gets traded, his new team will play him, and everyone will see how bad off he really is.

DPG21920
01-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Blair does not strike me as a guy who would ever admit "he's done". His Twitter complaints allude to that fact (not saying he's a complainer or bad, just that he's made comments already that suggest he feels he should be playing).

Chinook
01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Well, that goes to my second point. If he knows he's too hurt to be effective, the best thing he can hope for is that the Spurs keep him on the bench while he complains about not playing. At least then, it wouldn't be obvious that he's on the decline.

Not saying Blair's cunning enough to pull that off, but it would be a good plan.

playblair
http://imageshack.us/a/img137/6494/158xo0.png @ the blair haters who said no other teams wanted him ......

http://imageshack.us/a/img85/2863/stephenahand.png @ benching blair in the playoffs 4 dice & diaw ........

deibero
biggest need outside one more big for the spurs is the backup pg my friend... de colo isn't ready, neal is not a pg by no means and can't stay in front of anyone, and joseph has talent but isn't ready to play yet and thats why he's in austin...mills i like but he's an undersized scorer, or change of pace guard, not a playmaker, and not someone who you can count to backup the position constantly...

cole isn't great but can defend, score, run an offense, at least has the potential for it as shown in flashes...

lefty
01-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Blair+Bonner for a rebounder

playblair
01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
biggest need outside one more big for the spurs is the backup pg my friend... de colo isn't ready, neal is not a pg by no means and can't stay in front of anyone, and joseph has talent but isn't ready to play yet and thats why he's in austin...mills i like but he's an undersized scorer, or change of pace guard, not a playmaker, and not someone who you can count to backup the position constantly...

cole isn't great but can defend, score, run an offense, at least has the potential for it as shown in flashes...

word call up cojo he is ready & provides everything a pg should including defense .........

Leetonidas
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Matt Bonner is better than DeJuan Blair at this point in time. That is a very sad fact my fellow Spurfans

cd021
01-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Blair for Haslem ... interesting. Ironically Haslem has an even lower P.E.R than Blair but has been a good rebounder and a consistent jump shooter in the past.

cd021
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Some dude on the comments in Pro basketball talk...

eventhorizon04 - Jan 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM

"Miami’s own first round draft pick in 2012 is gone due to the LeBron James sign-and-trade with Cleveland.

However, Miami has a lottery-protected pick from Philadelphia that it earned by trading down in the 2012 NBA draft. Philadelphia used Miami’s 27th overall pick to select Arnett Moultrie in 2012.

In addition, some teams have expressed interest in Norris Cole, Miami’s first round pick in 2011, who serves as the primary backup point guard.

Those are the pieces that would be in play I think in exchange for a bench player on San Antonio."

Miami could be desperate for a productive PF considering Bosh is the only one of their PFs & Centers with a P.E.R higer than 13.5. I don't really think that they would move a 1st rounder given how poorly Blair has played, but then again they traded their 1st rounder this past draft to get themselves out of paying guaranteed money to a rookie. Blair is an unrestricted FA so it wouldn't cost them anything past this season. If the spurs could pawn Blair for a 1st rounder this year it would be highway robbery ( with fines forthcoming from stern)

superbigtime
01-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Trade blair and make im go buh bye.

AFBlue
01-10-2013, 09:18 PM
As many have said, Blair won't net much value in return at this point, but he's eating up a roster spot that could honestly go to better use. I'm not as down on Blair as some others and I think his value is still higher than his current contribution...but it's clear he needs a change of scenery to be even modestly effective.

Hopefully the Spurs get a second round pick and hopefully Blair carves out a nice role for himself elsewhere.

Bruno
01-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I'd be very surprised if the Spurs trade Blair for a protected 2nd rounder right now. That's a trade that's going to be there at the trade deadline, and for now they can retain his contract value for a package deal. If Blair is traded in January, it'll almost definitely be for an actual 2nd round pick.

I half agree with that.

Trading right now Blair for a protected second round pick would open space below the tax and a roster spot. If Spurs like some D-League players, they will be able to give them a try now while these players might not be available at the trade deadline.

Keeping Blair's contract for the trade deadline is a double-edged sword. His contract might help to match salaries even if matching salaries is easier in the new CBA with the 150%+100K rule for teams below the tax. However, trade deadline is a crazy day with a lot of events: opportunities to trade Blair away can suddenly disappear.

At the end, if Spurs plan is to trade Blair, it's debatable on when they should do it. Saying that, Spurs and Blair might be fine with him at the end of the bench and, in that case, keeping Blair for the year makes some sense.

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 10:16 PM
his fkn doing nothing sittin on the bench, at leasts the spurs are payin mills the nba minimum to sit on the fkn bench wave a fkn towel when the camera is pointed at the bench

fck blair, do something man

FireMicoHalili
01-10-2013, 11:41 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/report-spurs-continue-to-shop-dejuan-blair/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitterAnthony Randolph? Jermaine ONeal? Motiejunas? Jeremy Tyler?

LakerHater
01-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Milsap maybe??

Obstructed_View
01-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Anybody watched him in warmups? Does he look that damaged? Given their history, I can't imagine the Spurs shopping a guy whose body has broken down on him.

Chinook
01-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Anybody watched him in warmups? Does he look that damaged? Given their history, I can't imagine the Spurs shopping a guy whose body has broken down on him.

I was at a game a few weeks ago. In warmups, he looked hurt, but no completely damaged. He could still dunk, but he had a lot less explosion toward the rim (but it's really hard to know that for sure while watching warmups). I don't think he can dunk in game right now, but I think he could still get rebounds and putbacks if he used his head more like he did when he was a rookie. He didn't stop having a big body or long arms.

I think he could stay in the league for a big longer if he goes to a place that can help with his knees like Portland (just kidding :lol) or Phoenix. He needs to develop a jump shot, though. He isn't good enough to beat his man if the defender doesn't have to worry about him facing up and hitting a 15-footer.

Bruno
01-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Blair has changed his twitter profile picture from one where he wore Spurs practice shirt to another one without Spurs mentioned...

:stirpot:

benefactor
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
...and here comes the dramafest.

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2013, 08:30 AM
lol all the former players who played on the spurs that has a 1inch vertical.... >>> blair...

playblair
01-11-2013, 02:39 PM
b4 blair haters say hes being emo about spurs ...... his tweets are @ mizz dr .......
http://fullcourtpumps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dejaun-tweet.jpghttp://fullcourtpumps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dejuantweets2.jpg

Chinook
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
What the hell does that tweet even mean? Is that a new girl or his old one? Regardless, what is he doing posting pictures of her half-naked on the Internet?

playblair
01-11-2013, 02:57 PM
playblair posted the pic in remembrance of her......

Chinook
01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Wait, did you just refer to yourself in the third person?

Budkin
01-11-2013, 03:31 PM
He was like the steal of the draft that year and he was really good for a while. Don't get WTF happened to him.

Samr.
01-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Force of habit, I was gonna say lets try to package Blair for a long SF or an athletic big. But now..... hell, what is it the Spurs need again? A 4th string point guard maybe? A PR guy for popovich? Some better catering after practice? A nice bottle of wine?

SilverSpur
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM
He was like the steal of the draft that year and he was really good for a while. Don't get WTF happened to him.

The highlight reel of Blair reminds me of JR Reid's hustle and when Charles Barkley was still developing as a young player in the NBA. Would hate to see him go and develop into something we wish we could get back.
POP has something against him for not wanting to play him. I understand not playing him in the playoffs because of match ups, but not playing him in the regular season?
Trade him so he can develop his game and get paid, he has earned that much.
I think Phoenix or Houston would be a good team for him.
Good luck DeJuan, on this team or another.

Brazil
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Milsap maybe??

:lol

Paranoid Pop
01-11-2013, 07:19 PM
The thing that worries me is that he might fuck up a bigger deal where he'd serve as filler because of his knees.

timtonymanu
01-11-2013, 07:21 PM

Lack of ACLs finally caught up to him. It's probably why he wasn't drafted high. His career was always going to be short lived.

TJastal
01-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Lack of ACLs finally caught up to him. It's probably why he wasn't drafted high. His career was always going to be short lived.

:lol @ people acting like this being some sort of "revelation" ...

TDMVPDPOY
01-12-2013, 04:54 AM
do u guys think we be gettin anything back or openning up a roster spot to find another person to fill the void?

hater
01-12-2013, 05:01 AM
nobody wants that trash

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 11:55 AM
I was gonna say lets try to package Blair for a long SF or an athletic big.Ya they should try and thats why Blair has to go.

exstatic
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Blair is only going in order to bring the Spurs back down below the tax. They are over now that they've signed Baynes. I would say it's about 95% sure that they will not fill that 15th spot, other than maybe a revolving series of 10 day auditions from the d-league. If one of them panned out, they just might sign a first year minimum contract ($487K) that would barely fit under the tax. Another veteran minimum contract would push them over the tax again, so someone like Greene would be doubtful, barring further salary reduction trades. Just dumping Blair isn't enough.

Buddy Holly
01-12-2013, 01:00 PM
Trade Blair and Neal for picks or a a player. Sign Delonte West.

Biggems
01-12-2013, 01:51 PM
at almost 4 million next season, Bonner is most likely not tradeable.....so he will have to be released in the offseason, if we are choosing to move on from him.

Blair has trade value, with the expiring contract. Neal's contract next year, 1.1 million, is very reasonable for a guy with his shooting skills. That gives him trade value.....as a team can use him this year, then use him next year and decide whether to re-sign him or use his expiring contract in a trade. Jackson also has an expiring contract, but it could be difficult to match salaries, as he makes 10 mill.

I don't necessarily want to lose Neal, but if it is beneficial for the long term success of the Spurs, then so be it. If there is a way to use Neal and Blair in a trade to get an extra pick or two, that would be ideal, as I doubt we would get a player of any quality in return.

elemento
01-12-2013, 02:32 PM
at almost 4 million next season, Bonner is most likely not tradeable.....so he will have to be released in the offseason, if we are choosing to move on from him.

Blair has trade value, with the expiring contract. Neal's contract next year, 1.1 million, is very reasonable for a guy with his shooting skills. That gives him trade value.....as a team can use him this year, then use him next year and decide whether to re-sign him or use his expiring contract in a trade. Jackson also has an expiring contract, but it could be difficult to match salaries, as he makes 10 mill.

I don't necessarily want to lose Neal, but if it is beneficial for the long term success of the Spurs, then so be it. If there is a way to use Neal and Blair in a trade to get an extra pick or two, that would be ideal, as I doubt we would get a player of any quality in return.

Bonner's contract is partially guaranteed (1m to be exact). He can be moved easily or SA can simply buy him out and let him go.

Bruno
01-12-2013, 02:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130111-12/nba-latest-nba-trade-chatter

A list of players whose names were mentioned this week as availables, with more surely to come, alongside the long-available Andrea Bargnani in Toronto: Cleveland's Omri Casspi, Houston's Cole Aldrich, Milwaukee's Samuel Dalembert, Drew Gooden and Beno Udrih and San Antonio's DeJuan Blair.

Bandit2981
01-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Probably the biggest upside if Blair gets traded is never hearing Bill Land say "The Dancing Bear" ever again.

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Probably the biggest upside if Blair gets traded is never hearing Bill Land say "The Dancing Bear" ever again.

:lol

Samr.
01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
For a late draft pick though, he was still pretty damn good for a year or two. At least as compared to his expectations going in. And if Blair ultimately gets traded for a draft pick (or two) then he's going to have an impact on the Spurs that far exceeds his own shelf life. And in that regard, he will have far exceeded expectations, and been a valuable player to the Spurs.

jermaine
01-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Ive seen Blair play lately. He looks well enough to play with the second string. He must really be in Pops dog house or something. Blair passes tbe ball better than some pgs in the league. Does anyone know the real low down on his pt being cut less to nuttin? I meqn I know he puts up circus shots like he's crazy but what gives?

Darkwaters
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
For a late draft pick though, he was still pretty damn good for a year or two. At least as compared to his expectations going in. And if Blair ultimately gets traded for a draft pick (or two) then he's going to have an impact on the Spurs that far exceeds his own shelf life. And in that regard, he will have far exceeded expectations, and been a valuable player to the Spurs.

He went 37. Thats not really that late, in fact, I'd consider it early 2nd.

A late draft pick is someone like Nando De Colo (53) or Manu Ginobili (57). Or better yet, Robert Sacre (60).

Mr. Body
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Taj Gibson was a big steal around that part of the draft, too.

LittleCriminal
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Kidding aside, Are the Spurs getting rid of this clown or not??

DrunkTXLabrat
01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
we should offer him and a 2nd to the rockets for white. we don't really need him, he could just play home games. i don't want to see the spurs add another point guard like i've been reading all these people talking about. we won't need a big if we keep bonner and add baynes. green, jackson, and leonard are having tough years injury-wise. why not add some insurance for them and meet the point guard issue halfway?