PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Magic/Wilbon/Rose..

Malik Hairston
01-09-2013, 11:44 PM
They are the most painful trio of analysts that I've ever seen, tbh..

Magic is the most dim-witted analyst of my lifetime, and Jalen Rose is an atrocious host that barely speaks English..Wilbon is a good speaker and presents his arguments well, but his opinions are vanilla, tbh..

Anybody a fan of these fools, tbh?..

Dallas
01-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Bill makes it interesting

InRareForm
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Rose is not bad tbh...

simmons is good... but he is much better on paper than he is on TV

ElNono
01-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Pretty much the entire ESPN cast is terrible, tbh... you have to add John Barry, Broussard and Doris Burke to them...

Malik Hairston
01-09-2013, 11:51 PM
All the analysts you listed are shitty, but at least they are able to coherently present their shitty arguments and opinions, tbh..

Rose and Magic are cringe-inducing, compounded by their shitty opinions, tbh..

I usually skip the halftime show, btw, before anybody counters with that argument..

DPG21920
01-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Simmons is the worst of them all. He does not translate to TV. He talks over people, says dumb stuff and is not likeable at all. Wilbon is ok - he's a pro> Magic is so bad. Rose is bad.

TNT FTW

DPG21920
01-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Jalen at least likeable.

Mugen
Agreed. Outside of Van Gundy, ESPN has been atrocious at covering the NBA since taking over from NBC.

DAF86
Brent Barry > all

InRareForm
01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Jalen's talks like a chorus in a song.. it gets annoying.

Trainwreck2100
01-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Jalen at least likeable.

Likeable in a special ed way maybe

KaiRMD1
01-10-2013, 12:00 AM
The bes person on ESPN is Bill Walton. TNT happens to have, imo, the best announcers and analysts. ESPN's telecasts are damn near unwatchable.

Richie
01-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Rose has to be the worst analyst, just irritates me every time he speaks. Magic isn't great but I don't hate him, Wilbon is ok.

Best analyst in Chris Webber IMO, he needs to get more time on tv. Webber/Chuck/Kenny was great on TNT

HI-FI
01-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Chris Webber is alright. Sometimes that nig sweats on camera, and he also talks awkwardly at times, but he's very passionate and knowledgable about the game. TNT is so much better than ESPN it's not even worth comparing. Even Shaq, the weakest link, has gotten better.

JVG and Mike Breen are actually the only good part of ESPN, especially now that Momma THere Goes that Man is coaching Golden State. Their bickering and JVG's truth bombs are the best part.

Watching Magic, Wilbon and Rose was painful tonite. I felt like I had smoked some dro before watching, everything felt slow and stupid. Simmons adds some intelligence to it but his voice is painful. It's like watching a member of ST co host the show.

Jacob1983
01-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Webber, Kenny, EJ, Chuck, and Shaq are the best NBA studio team in my opinion. They know their shit and make the pre game, half time, and post game shows hilarious as Hell too.

Molotov
01-10-2013, 01:37 AM
they are all trash, only one of them has excuse for sucking so bad

irishock
01-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Bill Walton doesn't do ESPN anymore, does he? He was freaking amazing though.

Jacob1983
01-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Throw it down, big man. Throw it down.

lefty
01-10-2013, 02:06 AM
What about Hubie Brown ?

It would be awesome to have him with either Harlan or Marv

AussieFanKurt
01-10-2013, 02:38 AM
What about Hubie Brown ?

It would be awesome to have him with either Harlan or Marv

I agree with this

Magic and Jalen try so hard but are atrocious

FkLA
01-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Broussard at the end of the 1st quarter interviewing Pringles: 'Coach, the defense isnt that bad but the offense is struggling...is this a night you just ask Kobe to score 50 or 60?'

The other guys are incompetent but hes easily the worst. The way he sucks off stars is vomit inducing tbh.

Malik Hairston
01-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Also, he looks like the Dave Chappelle White news anchor:lol..

midnightpulp
01-10-2013, 04:32 AM
But, but these are "basketball people" whose opinion we should take as gospel and never, ever question. They've played the game, they've won championships, and when they deliver their brilliant analysis dressed in their 3-piece suits and bathed in the glow of camera lights, we should nod in acceptance like the TV audience pulpit of Billy Graham.

Spurs da champs
01-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Magic is by the far worst & regularly struggles to make points; more so about all teams excluding the Lakers.

Ghazi
01-10-2013, 05:45 AM
lol webber is fucking terrible. the guy was bashing the Mavs relentlessly for years with the unsubstantiated "soft" label.

never mind we got screwed in '06, and for years had incompetent bigs and a lack o scoring/slashing from the wings...its because Dirk was too "soft".

Dirk firmly planted his ass to the tree of woe in the summer of '11

I like Hubie Brown.

Brazil
01-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Webber, Kenny, EJ, Chuck, and Shaq are the best NBA studio team in my opinion. They know their shit and make the pre game, half time, and post game shows hilarious as Hell too.

Shaq is awful imho, he gets his shit pushed every time, his sole argument is a big needs to rebound, play physical and get it to the rim. I don't disagree with that but it's quite of short.

Brazil
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Brown and Walton are ok in my book tbh

Captivus
01-10-2013, 10:49 AM
They are the most painful trio of analysts that I've ever seen, tbh..

Magic is the most dim-witted analyst of my lifetime, and Jalen Rose is an atrocious host that barely speaks English..Wilbon is a good speaker and presents his arguments well, but his opinions are vanilla, tbh..

Anybody a fan of these fools, tbh?..

People should just stop adding "tbh" in every sentence.

http://im.skdat.com/data/gags/803.jpg

JamStone
01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
If you think Jalen is bad now, you should have observed how he used to speak when he was younger. He's like a billion times better in terms of speaking eloquence. I think somewhat like Bill Walton, Jalen has gone a little extreme in how he speaks and annunciates because where he started was sooooo bad. So sometimes he emphasizes speech more than he has to. To me, he's okay. Not great, not bad. Magic is bad. Really, really bad. It's like when a kid gets embarrassed in a movie, you kind of just want to look away or change the channel for a minute. You almost just feel bad for him.

They do need a better balance of personalities though. Could easily upgrade all three outside Wilbon. Wilbon can't carry those three guys.

Ashy Larry
01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
this is why TNT will always be greater than ESPN ...... even when Magic was with Chuck and Kenny, he was fun on Inside the NBA. What those shows are missing is Ernie Johnson just setting it up and it doesn't hurt to have a Barkley there was well.

Bill_Brasky
01-10-2013, 12:52 PM
I like Jalen and his stories and shit, also the way he shat on Skip Bayless that one time was funny.

Magic seems slightly retarded.

Wilbon brings the goods from time to time but isn't assertive enough.

Simmons also makes some good points but seems like a child molester.

Malik Hairston
01-10-2013, 01:06 PM
The majority of Rose's stories are exaggerated or fabricated, tbh..Sam Mitchell called him out on it:lol..

Sam Mitchell is the most entertaining NBA figure at the moment, tbh..he called out all the fake NBA tough guys, like Carmelo, the other day on a podcast:lol..

djohn2oo8
01-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Jalen is horrible but Magic is much worse.

lefty
01-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Magic is by the far worst & regularly struggles to make points; more so about all teams excluding the Lakers.

Magic sucks because he always contradicts himself

(Well he also struggles to speak English, but that's not his fault TBH, he has AIDS )

Chinook
01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I like Hubie Brown. His voice is annoying, but he seems to appreciate good basketball, no matter who's playing. That's something that most ESPN personalities (for all sports, actually) really seem to lack now.

Van Gundy is freaking terrible. He's blatantly biased toward superstars, which I guess is good for an ESPN commentator but is really annoying for a coach. I'm really not surprised he's never won anything. I just have very little respect for his opinion. Pair him with Breen, and it's just awful. Breen and Al Michaels are the national play-by-play guys who most need to understand that no one cares what they think and that they're not there to give their opinions.

On topic, though, I agree that ESPN's basketball pre-game trio is awul. Magic is trying to be a poor man's Barkley, but he doesn't really seem to even care about basketball anymore. Jalen Rose should never have gotten a job in broadcasting. Wilbon is all right when he's not on PTI, so I don't think that's a problem.

Cry Havoc
01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Jalen is horrible but Magic is much worse.

This.

Wilbon is solid, and with a better crew around him would be even more watchable.

lefty
01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
ABC was not bad at all before they got ESPNed

Al Michaels + Hubie Brown was a pretty good combo IMO

I like Mike Breen only when he is in troll mode, but other than that Al Michaels shits on him.

Chinook
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
ABC was not bad at all before they got ESPNed

Al Michaels + Hubie Brown was a pretty good combo IMO

I like Mike Breen only when he is in troll mode, but other than that Al Michaels shits on him.

Breen's much worse, I concede.

I didn't really have any problem with Michaels until last season. He just started butting in for no reason and acting like he's an analyst.