PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the numbers on Timmy's mid-range % in the last 15 games?

TDfan2007
01-10-2013, 12:24 AM
It can't be too high. His outside shots have been especially flat as of late, and he's been a brick machine over the last 10-15 games from mid-range. I'm beginning to think that his jumper and his declining rebounding are related. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems as though his knees might become an issue again.

Also, while I'm on the subject, the Spurs really need to figure out how to better adjust when teams overrotate on the high pick and roll. Same problems we had when OKC turned it up in the playoffs. Against quicker and longer teams the high pnr is less effective, and the Spurs don't seem to have a solid answer as of now.

Richie
01-10-2013, 12:28 AM
He's only had 2 bad games in a row, to claim his jumper hasn't been falling in the last 15 games is excessive.

Lets see how he bounces back in the next few games

DesignatedT
01-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Jumper has looked good to me minus the last couple games.

Arcadian
01-10-2013, 01:06 AM
I was also wondering, what percentage of jump-balls does Duncan win? This includes opening tips and mid-game jump-balls. He seems to win most of them this year.

spurraider21
01-10-2013, 01:11 AM
He's only had 2 bad games in a row, to claim his jumper hasn't been falling in the last 15 games is excessive.

bbarry
01-10-2013, 01:18 AM
In the last 15 games...15-20 ft jumpers, not including tonight = 27/64 FG, .422%

That's terrible.

timvp
01-10-2013, 01:23 AM
^I don't know you are being sarcastic but 42.2% from that range is actually really good. Duncan has had his ups and downs this year but if he can hit that shot at a >40% clip, that really helps the offense.

As for rebounding, it's only logical that his numbers will take a dip with Splitter in the starting lineup and the return of Leonard. Previously, it was basically up to Duncan to grab every board.

That said, he hasn't looked right in these last two games. Hopefully it's just routine in-season variance but I don't blame anyone for being paranoid.

Richie
01-10-2013, 01:32 AM
He's shooting 44% on mid range for the season. Shot 45% from mid range last season. 43% the year before.

He's pretty consistent.

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 01:34 AM
never seena fluke artist shot so well for a big man

DejuanorwhatDude
01-10-2013, 03:58 AM
never seena fluke artist shot so well for a big man

God you're a hater.

chapnis
01-10-2013, 04:37 AM
God you're a hater.

He's the biggest troll/douche on the forum. Try to ignore him most the time.

Tim isn't serg Abaka, but as long as he can keep the defense honest then he's okay.

Russo21
01-10-2013, 05:11 AM
I've actually thought Duncan's jumper has been money this year. I feel that everyone he takes he will make. Hopefully the last 2 games are an anamoly and he gets them to fall again.

rascal
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Duncan is still the best player on the team at his age.

TDfan2007
01-10-2013, 10:07 AM

It's not just the last 2 games. He's scored well in the previous games because of solid work on the block and in the paint in general, but based on my eye test it seems like he's been missing more jumpers than usual lately, with most of the misses being short and flat.

Edit: eye test fail...he's shooting 23/50 from 16-23 ft for the last 10 games according to hoops data. A 46% rate, which is pretty solid, but seeing as how most of his shots from this range are wide open I'd like that percentage to be higher. It's not bad though.

Brazil
01-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Duncan is still the best player on the team at his age.

no question about it, it was not really the case the last two seasons but this season there is no doubt

TDfan2007
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
^I don't know you are being sarcastic but 42.2% from that range is actually really good. Duncan has had his ups and downs this year but if he can hit that shot at a >40% clip, that really helps the offense.

As for rebounding, it's only logical that his numbers will take a dip with Splitter in the starting lineup and the return of Leonard. Previously, it was basically up to Duncan to grab every board.

That said, he hasn't looked right in these last two games. Hopefully it's just routine in-season variance but I don't blame anyone for being paranoid.

Have to disagree here. I would expect at least 45%+ on wide open, assisted jumpers. For comparison, KG is shooting 48% from the same range with almost the exact same assisted rate. Ibaka, Kaman, Gortat, and Horford all have higher percentages as well. Imo 42% is decent, but not really good. If I'm a defense I'd be okay with giving up a <45% shot i, but maybe that's just me.

Either way, my original gripe about his shooting seems moot, but I hope he starts looking better (health-wise) soon, otherwise it'll be 2010 all over again...I remember how he was a bonafide all star for the first half of the season, then fell off a cliff after the all star break.

JMGpp
01-10-2013, 05:04 PM
I've actually thought Duncan's jumper has been money this year. I feel that everyone he takes he will make. Hopefully the last 2 games are an anamoly and he gets them to fall again.

http://youtu.be/WA_xjBaXor0

DesignatedT
01-10-2013, 05:23 PM
It would be pretty ridiculous to assume Duncan could put up his early season numbers for an entire 82 game season. Especially when we are at full health. His numbers declining going into the season could translate into being a good thing if the wins are still piling up. It just means other people are finally contributing and pulling their weight. Duncan's jumper is the last thing we should be worrying about right now. If you feel he's looking slower and tired then that's a legitimate concern of yours but his jump shot number isn't necessarily indicative of that. People go through ups and downs and slumps all the time.

dbreiden83080
01-10-2013, 10:03 PM
He's fine... Long season he is 36.. It happens..

TDMVPDPOY
01-10-2013, 10:17 PM
duncan needs to put more lift into his shot if he wants +48%, KGs shot attempts dont look flat like duncan when he releases them...