PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy douchebag of the year.

RandomGuy
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I have come to hate people like this with the blazing heat of a thousand suns, because of shit like this.

These fuckers will take anything and everything and lie through their teeth to suit their own ends and worldviews.

The stupidity required to take tragedies and events like this and turn them into opportunities for self-aggrandizement seriously makes me want to drive up there and kick him in the nuts as hard as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A media professor at Florida Atlantic University who is questioning the Sandy Hook massacre has caused controversy with his conspiracy claims.

James Tracy, who writes a personal blog about conspiracy theories, believes the events that unfolded at Sandy Hook did not happen as reported.

The professor writes on his blog, Memory Hole, “While it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place—at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation’s news media have described.” He suggests that there were multiple shooters and that the number of dead is incorrect. The blog post was published on the Global Research site, where it caught the attention of the Web.

The academic, who is known for his conspiracy theories on 9/11 and the Oklahoma bombing, believes—as he claims on his blog and recently stated on a radio show—that trained “crisis actors” may have been employed by the Obama administration to shape public opinion on gun control.

The 47-year-old, who holds a Ph.D. from the University of Iowa in mass communication, wrote on his blog, “ As documents relating to the Sandy Hook shooting continue to be assessed and interpreted by independent researchers there is a growing awareness that the media coverage of the massacre of 26 children and adults was intended primarily for public consumption to further larger political ends.”

According to his faculty profile, the professor "teaches courses examining the relationship between commercial and alternative news media and socio-political issues and events." He also lists his recent work in “Censored 2013: Sourcebook for the Media Revolution. The Top Censored Stories and Media Analysis of 2011-2012."

When questioned about his theories by a local CBS12 news reporter, Tracy responded, "The whole country mourned about Sandy Hook, but yet again the investigation that journalistic institutions should have carried out never took place, in my opinion."

He added, "As a society we need to look at things more carefully. Perhaps we as a society have been conditioned to be duped."

His blog, with 222 followers, lays out his theory in detail, suggesting that it was a training exercise in which actually nobody was killed. He writes, "To declare that the shooting 'never took place' is cause for intense opprobrium in most polite circles where, in familiar Orwellian fashion, the media-induced trance and dehistoricized will to believe maintain their hold."

Speaking on behalf of Tracy, Peter Phillips, president of the Media Freedom Foundation and Project Censored, said in a statement to Yahoo News:

James Tracy isn't promoting a "conspiracy" theory regarding Sandy Hook, but rather saying the mainstream media distorts the news, and doesn't follow up on important questions. There were reports of more than one shooter in the Sandy Hook case. Tracy is not denying that it happened, but he is saying that when such events do happen it is the responsibility of the media to fully investigate all aspects of the story and not just sensationalize the tragedy.

Tracy’s employer has distanced itself from its faculty member’s remarks. Mary Jane Saunders, the president of Florida Atlantic University, said in a statement to Yahoo News that reads in part:

I am sure that many of you are aware of the recent comments by a Florida Atlantic University faculty member regarding the tragic events that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14. I want to make it clear that those views and opinions are not shared by Florida Atlantic University, and I am personally saddened by any media stories that have added to the pain felt by the victims’ families. FAU joins the entire nation and people around the world in feeling profound grief for the lives lost on that awful day.

:bang

RandomGuy
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/professor-won-t-back-down-newtown-massacre-conspiracy-183530799.html

boutons_deux
01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
All these right-wing/Repug/tea bagger/NRA assholes and nutcases have NO EQUIVALENT on the left.

scott
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
All these right-wing/Repug/tea bagger/NRA assholes and nutcases have NO EQUIVALENT on the left.

Uhhhhhhhhhh....

vy65
01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Irony.jpg

boutons_deux
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
:lol

Just because I bitch slap you right-wingers and all red teams FUCKING ASSHOLES doesn't make me a nutcase. Just a BITCH SLAPPER! :lol

TeyshaBlue
01-10-2013, 03:02 PM
I have come to hate people like this with the blazing heat of a thousand suns, because of shit like this.

These fuckers will take anything and everything and lie through their teeth to suit their own ends and worldviews.

The stupidity required to take tragedies and events like this and turn them into opportunities for self-aggrandizement seriously makes me want to drive up there and kick him in the nuts as hard as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A media professor at Florida Atlantic University who is questioning the Sandy Hook massacre has caused controversy with his conspiracy claims.

James Tracy, who writes a personal blog about conspiracy theories, believes the events that unfolded at Sandy Hook did not happen as reported.

The professor writes on his blog, Memory Hole, “While it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place—at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation’s news media have described.” He suggests that there were multiple shooters and that the number of dead is incorrect. The blog post was published on the Global Research site, where it caught the attention of the Web.

The academic, who is known for his conspiracy theories on 9/11 and the Oklahoma bombing, believes—as he claims on his blog and recently stated on a radio show—that trained “crisis actors” may have been employed by the Obama administration to shape public opinion on gun control.

The 47-year-old, who holds a Ph.D. from the University of Iowa in mass communication, wrote on his blog, “ As documents relating to the Sandy Hook shooting continue to be assessed and interpreted by independent researchers there is a growing awareness that the media coverage of the massacre of 26 children and adults was intended primarily for public consumption to further larger political ends.”

According to his faculty profile, the professor "teaches courses examining the relationship between commercial and alternative news media and socio-political issues and events." He also lists his recent work in “Censored 2013: Sourcebook for the Media Revolution. The Top Censored Stories and Media Analysis of 2011-2012."

When questioned about his theories by a local CBS12 news reporter, Tracy responded, "The whole country mourned about Sandy Hook, but yet again the investigation that journalistic institutions should have carried out never took place, in my opinion."

He added, "As a society we need to look at things more carefully. Perhaps we as a society have been conditioned to be duped."

His blog, with 222 followers, lays out his theory in detail, suggesting that it was a training exercise in which actually nobody was killed. He writes, "To declare that the shooting 'never took place' is cause for intense opprobrium in most polite circles where, in familiar Orwellian fashion, the media-induced trance and dehistoricized will to believe maintain their hold."

Speaking on behalf of Tracy, Peter Phillips, president of the Media Freedom Foundation and Project Censored, said in a statement to Yahoo News:

Tracy’s employer has distanced itself from its faculty member’s remarks. Mary Jane Saunders, the president of Florida Atlantic University, said in a statement to Yahoo News that reads in part:

:bang

blog has only 222 followers. That's 221 more than boutons. Seems like a self-limiting problem to me.

Spurminator
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
A person I work with used to live in Sandy Hook and is friends with a few of the families who lost kids. Guess they sure fooled her.

Drachen
01-10-2013, 03:38 PM
blog has only 222 followers. That's 221 more than boutons. Seems like a self-limiting problem to me.

Followers doesn't mean the same thing as page views. More and more people are jumping on this conspiracy BS and its freaking me out a bit.

TeyshaBlue
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
This is absolutely the first I've heard of this. And I'm fairly hooked into the news....

Drachen
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I am not saying this particular conspiracy, but in general. However, for what it's worth, this isn't the first I have heard about "grief actors" I saw a post that was a screen cap of some parents that were being interviewed about their kid dying then under it there was another picture of those parents. The caption said something about those people being grief actors and the proof was the fact that their names being reported weren't their real names and that the picture on the bottom was a picture of them in their home in Florida (not CT). Mind you, there was nothing to indicate that they were in florida or had different names in the bottom picture.

TeyshaBlue
01-10-2013, 05:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1155_520263674670757_834423766_n.jpg

boutons_deux
01-10-2013, 05:43 PM
This is absolutely the first I've heard of this. And I'm fairly hooked into the news....

I've only seen it once. popped up yesterday on only one news feed.

amazing how uninformed/misinformed you are for being "hooked into the news"

TeyshaBlue
01-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Fuck off, bot. I've likely forgotten more than you've ever read.

DMC
01-10-2013, 11:14 PM
If people would stop spreading the disease it would die. Dude had 200 followers. Big fucking deal.

Jacob1983
01-11-2013, 01:16 AM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Alex_Jones_HERNIA.jpg

johnsmith
01-11-2013, 01:57 AM
:lol

Just because I bitch slap you right-wingers and all red teams FUCKING ASSHOLES doesn't make me a nutcase. Just a BITCH SLAPPER! :lol

:wow. You're a delusional fuck stick.....did your mom die out of shame? I bet she did.....poor old lady.

RandomGuy
02-04-2013, 12:41 PM

copy, paste, post in forums, and on aggregators.

I wish you were right, but I have little doubt that this vomitous mass will show up on the doorstep of Infowars.com as gospel truth at some point.

TeyshaBlue
02-04-2013, 12:47 PM
'sup RG? Damn man. You're a vapor these days.