PDA

View Full Version : There was some guy...

Avante
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
...on First Take who is some sort of predicter using math and weird stats to predict sports outcomes. Apparently he's been pretty successful at it, obviously he'd have to be to be on the show. I just got a little of it, am I being accurate?

He has NE facing the Seahawks in the Superbowl. When was the last time two teams without home field advantage met in the SB? Not a trivia question, a real question because I don't know. So he thinks the Seahawks a team known as a weak road team is going to make it that far as a roadwarrior? The Pats will meet the Broncos in the AFC Championship game, then winning in the cold vs Manning who might suck in the cold is a very real possibility.

When was the last time a rookie QB took his team to the Superbowl without one home playoff game?

gaKNOW!blee
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Only fucking idiots watch First Take

DeadlyDynasty
01-10-2013, 01:52 PM

Avante
01-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Been an idiot all my life, both my parents were idiots all my sisters are idiots. I've learned to just accept it. Whole family tree of idiots.

So what do you think about his prediction?

KoolAid Mans Brother
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM

Avante
01-10-2013, 04:25 PM
I posted this thread just in case the guy is right. Which really does seem unlikely.

Creepn
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
I believe it. Either 49ers or Seahawks will be facing either the Broncos or Patriots. Whoever wins the Superbowl will determine the future of the NFL.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
:lol Avante appealing to the authority of Nate Silver

Avante
01-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I believe it. Either 49ers or Seahawks will be facing either the Broncos or Patriots. Whoever wins the Superbowl will determine the future of the NFL.

For a good team the Seahawks are not the same on the road. Do they even beat the Skins if RGIII is himself? I doubt they get by the Falcons, they haven't back to back on the road since 2007. If they do get by the Falcons they are going to win another big road game? I just can't see it.

No doubt Broncos meets Pats. How cold will it be I wonder? Manning in the cold?

Avante
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
:lol Avante appealing to the authority of Nate Silver

I just find it interesting how numbers do play a big part in picking these games.