PDA

View Full Version : How early should I be to a Spurs game so that I can get signatures?

Manufan909
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm going to the Spurs game on Sunday, and the woman I'm dating bought us tickets that are at halfcourt, 5 rows back of floor level:wow (9 times out of 10 I sit in the nosebleed section at NBA games, so this is ginormous for me, we're talking Tiger Woods alimony ginormous here:p:). For those who have gotten stuff signed before games or know people who have, when exactly do the first Spurs start leaving the locker room? That might not have the same answer as when the Spurs start mingling with fans, but I don't want to take any chances. I would most definitely prefer to get to my seat before any player has hit the court, because this might be my only chance to get autographs from the Big 3 and the future of the Spurs (Tiago, Kawhi, Patty and Nando), unless I stop spending money for a couple months and go to another game later this year.

Speaking of which, is this possibly Manu's last year? I know Tony and Timmy are sure things for next season, but I can't remember what Manu's situation is exactly.

P.S. Half serious question here: What would you guys do if a Spur you didn't like all that much mistakenly assumed that you wanted a signature? I am a very nice person, so I don't think I could say no to Neal, Diaw, or even Bonner. But they sure as hell wouldn't get to sign the front of my jersey.:ihit That's reserved for Ginobili, Duncan, Splitter, Leonard, Parker, Jackson, De Colo, Mills, and Blair (can't leave Grizzly out to dry, I loved him in his first couple seasons and almost purchased a jersey before nature took it's course... still would've preferred Ian when it became either or though). Going on another tangent, I'm gonna wait for Splitter to be resigned before I buy his jersey, but I probably won't wait that long for Leonard.

RD2191
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
does she have a single sister?

alfredbird
01-10-2013, 04:06 PM
My experience from last season's playoffs, you need to be there when AT&T centre opens. so is it one hour earlier than formal starting time in regular season?

smaka
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Just want to express my jealousy and at the same time tell you to have a great time at the game! :)

davidbowie
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
post a pic of this broad you're dating

Manufan909
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
My experience from last season's playoffs, you need to be there when AT&T centre opens. so is it one hour earlier than formal starting time in regular season?
When did the AT&T Center open in the playoffs exactly?

Just want to express my jealousy and at the same time tell you to have a great time at the game! :)
Thanks a lot smaka!!!!

To rob: no.

To david: "insert how about no bear here".

ffadicted
01-10-2013, 07:31 PM
post a pic of this broad you're dating

tbqh

Kool Bob Love
01-10-2013, 07:35 PM
go 2 hours before the game.
Have the players you dont like sign your program you get when they open the door.

timtonymanu
01-10-2013, 07:39 PM
rofl I went to a Blazers game when the Spurs played. Nobody signed my shirt except Matt Bonner. Lol the irony of that.

Spur|n|Austin
01-10-2013, 09:39 PM
A couple hours before is perfect; you'll wait outside the AT&T Center in line and then when they let you in, head straight ahead and down.. FYI Manu signs a shit load of autographs, he's such a trooper.

rofl I went to a Blazers game when the Spurs played. Nobody signed my shirt except Matt Bonner. Lol the irony of that.

I tried to get Matt to sign my ticket before a playoff game but he dropped the pen.

Old School 44
01-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Get a good spot along the lower rail of the tunnel as they come out for pregame shoot around. Stand next to a kid. They always sign for the kids, and everyone around them. If you can do it, have someone stand on the other side taking pictured as you get your jersey signed. Good Luck!

Manufan909
01-10-2013, 11:42 PM
go 2 hours before the game.
Have the players you dont like sign your program you get when they open the door.

Thanks KBL!!! Will do.

spurs10
01-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Sounds like you have seats in the Charter section which allows you in an hour before everyone else. So you can enter from the VIP entrance on the side of the building two hours before the game. I think you should ask your girlfriend which part of her anatomy she would liked to be kissed on, and do so repeatedly. Two tickets 5 rows from the court runs over 600 bucks....cool gal! Have a great time man!!
:flag:

crc21209
01-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Yeah it does sound like you have seats in the Charter section like spurs10 mentioned above me. If that's the case then you do get in 2 hours prior to tip-off instead of 1 hour (Like the rest of the general public). 2 years ago during Christmas time my Mom's boss gave her 4 suite tickets to a Spurs vs. Nuggets game. Me, my brother, my mom, and my dad all went to the game as a family. We got in 2 hours prior to tipoff and me and my brother knew this was probably the only chance we would ever have to get autographs. So I took my huge Spurs flag and my authentic Tim Duncan jersey. As soon as we got in me and my brother went to the Spurs tunnel and lined up against the railing. The ushers only allow about 10 or so people along each side of the railings to prevent it from being so cluttered. I got my flag signed by Manu, Tiago, James Anderson, Antonio McDyess, and George Hill. Tim Duncan also signed my jersey, which I now framed. :tu Have fun, and let us know how it goes!

alamo50
01-11-2013, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=crc21209;6291015]Tim Duncan also signed my jersey, which I now framed.QUOTE]

That's freakin' awesome bro.
Post a picture!

smaka
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=crc21209;6291015]Tim Duncan also signed my jersey, which I now framed.QUOTE]

That's freakin' awesome bro.
Post a picture!

+1

Manufan909
01-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you have seats in the Charter section which allows you in an hour before everyone else. So you can enter from the VIP entrance on the side of the building two hours before the game. I think you should ask your girlfriend which part of her anatomy she would liked to be kissed on, and do so repeatedly. Two tickets 5 rows from the court runs over 600 bucks....cool gal! Have a great time man!!

I'll ask, lol.

Yeah it does sound like you have seats in the Charter section like spurs10 mentioned above me. If that's the case then you do get in 2 hours prior to tip-off instead of 1 hour (Like the rest of the general public). 2 years ago during Christmas time my Mom's boss gave her 4 suite tickets to a Spurs vs. Nuggets game. Me, my brother, my mom, and my dad all went to the game as a family. We got in 2 hours prior to tipoff and me and my brother knew this was probably the only chance we would ever have to get autographs. So I took my huge Spurs flag and my authentic Tim Duncan jersey. As soon as we got in me and my brother went to the Spurs tunnel and lined up against the railing. The ushers only allow about 10 or so people along each side of the railings to prevent it from being so cluttered. I got my flag signed by Manu, Tiago, James Anderson, Antonio McDyess, and George Hill. Tim Duncan also signed my jersey, which I now framed. :tu Have fun, and let us know how it goes!

Awesome!!! So is it not kosher to have players other than Manu sign my Manu jersey? I don't really have anything else to sign, so I guess I'll have to pop by Academy and buy a flag or something.

Mel_13
01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Awesome!!! So is it not kosher to have players other than Manu sign my Manu jersey? I don't really have anything else to sign, so I guess I'll have to pop by Academy and buy a flag or something.

If you don't get anything else just bring a pen. They give out booklets when you come into the arena called Game Time. It's like a little program. Anyway, there's a page for each player with his picture, so you'll at least have that.

Like others have said, you'll be able to get in two hours before tip via the VIP entrance. That entrance is next to the SE box office. See the AT&T center website for all sorts of arena info including parking maps and concourse maps.

http://www.attcenter.com/guest-services/arena-faqs

One other thing your Charter Tickets give you access to is the Terrace Restaurant. Very nice buffet style dinner for about $35 per person. You can make a reservation and get more information about the Terrace Restaurant at : 210-444-LEVY.

Have a good time at the game!

spurs10
01-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Great story and a fantastic way to spend time with your family! :toast

Mel_13
01-11-2013, 03:49 PM
One last thing. The Budweiser Courtyard is outside the Headlines sports bar behind sections 114/115. There have been 2 or 3 local food trucks parked there for every game this season. A better option than typical arena food.

Manufan909
01-13-2013, 12:37 AM
If you don't get anything else just bring a pen. They give out booklets when you come into the arena called Game Time. It's like a little program. Anyway, there's a page for each player with his picture, so you'll at least have that.

Like others have said, you'll be able to get in two hours before tip via the VIP entrance. That entrance is next to the SE box office. See the AT&T center website for all sorts of arena info including parking maps and concourse maps.

One other thing your Charter Tickets give you access to is the Terrace Restaurant. Very nice buffet style dinner for about $35 per person. You can make a reservation and get more information about the Terrace Restaurant at : 210-444-LEVY.

So I take that as a no? I really liked the idea of having multiple players sign my jersey, but as long as Manu does I'll be happy. Getting all the signatures I want is really a bonus, the tickets and the opportunity to see the Spurs kick ass close up is what I'm really looking forward to. I really hope the Spurs don't play down to the competition with Love out... but I do want to see 4 quarters of Splitter and Ginobili.:p:

Manufan909
01-13-2013, 12:41 AM

So I take that as a no? I really liked the idea of having multiple players sign my jersey, but as long as Manu does I'll be happy. Getting all the signatures I want is really a bonus, the tickets and the opportunity to see the Spurs kick ass close up is what I'm really looking forward to. I really hope the Spurs don't play down to the competition with Love out... but I do want to see 4 quarters of Splitter and Ginobili.:p:

Also, major thanks for all the info!!!

smaka
01-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Don't forget to report how it went! :)

rasho8
01-13-2013, 10:23 AM

Also, major thanks for all the info!!!

They will all sign it. They don't care. I have 2 basketballs signed by everyone, some shoes signed by Tiago, a few James Anderson signatures and if you yell enough Sean will come over from the press area and sign stuff as well.

Manufan909
01-14-2013, 12:59 AM
It was bloody wonderful, smaka!!!!:downspin::toast:king:hat:flag::p::greedy

Tim, Tony, Tiago, Kawhi, Matt, Sean, Schoening (apparently me asking for his John Hancock really made his day, which was fantastic), and Land signed my flag, whilst Manu was the only one who signed my home Ginobili jersey. I wished Rasho8 had told me before the game that the players don't care what they're signing, because a woman who worked at the AT&T Center made that clear when I was waiting for signatures. The flag was only $21, so it ain't no thang.

Sadly the Manu injury put a temporary damper on things, but the Spurs bench plus Splitter annihilated the T-Wolves in the 4th quarter, so all's well that end well.

Boomersgold
01-14-2013, 01:53 AM

Tim, Tony, Tiago, Kawhi, Matt, Sean, Schoening (apparently me asking for his John Hancock really made his day, which was fantastic), and Land signed my flag, whilst Manu was the only one who signed my home Ginobili jersey. I wished Rasho8 had told me before the game that the players don't care what they're signing, because a woman who worked at the AT&T Center made that clear when I was waiting for signatures. The flag was only $21, so it ain't no thang.

Sadly the Manu injury put a temporary damper on things, but the Spurs bench plus Splitter annihilated the T-Wolves in the 4th quarter, so all's well that end well.

Why didn't Mills, De Colo and Diaw sign your stuff?

hooperflash
01-14-2013, 02:13 AM

Tim, Tony, Tiago, Kawhi, Matt, Sean, Schoening (apparently me asking for his John Hancock really made his day, which was fantastic), and Land signed my flag, whilst Manu was the only one who signed my home Ginobili jersey. I wished Rasho8 had told me before the game that the players don't care what they're signing, because a woman who worked at the AT&T Center made that clear when I was waiting for signatures. The Uuu flag was only $21, so it ain't no thang.

I think I saw you taking a picture behind Sean & Bill.

spurs10
01-14-2013, 02:38 AM
Great man!:toast Glad you got to see Manu and get his signature, as he might not be around for awhile...:(

smaka
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM

I'm really happy for you, man! :toast

I hope some day I get to experience this too :)

Manufan909
01-15-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm really happy for you, man! :toast

I hope some day I get to experience this too :)
Same here smaka!!!

I think I saw you taking a picture behind Sean & Bill.
Sweetness. Where were you sitting?

Why didn't Mills, De Colo and Diaw sign your stuff?
Mills was already warming up when I got there (so was Leonard, but he took time later on for signatures), I never saw NDC before game time, and Diaw actually did sign my flag.

Jax and Blair ended up not signing anything as far as I could tell. They both came out of the locker room when I was waiting for signatures, but I don't remember them going back in while ignoring everyone, so maybe they just stayed on the court the whole tim, idk.

ColinB
12-28-2015, 08:30 PM
Is the VIP entrance still a thing? Have some seats behind the Spurs bench for a upcoming game and was wondering if I can still get in early. Thanks in advance.

Mel_13
12-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Is the VIP entrance still a thing? Have some seats behind the Spurs bench for a upcoming game and was wondering if I can still get in early. Thanks in advance.

Yes. Two hours before game time.

Mel_13
12-28-2015, 10:01 PM

Yes. Two hours before game time.

ColinB
12-28-2015, 11:43 PM
:toast Thanks!