PDA

View Full Version : Spurs schedule vs the league

Ibleedslvrnblk
01-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Why is they have played the most games out of all teams? And in some cases 4-6 more than some teams? That is crazy!?!?! 6 more than Minny! 5 more than Heat, Grizz, Bulls (just naming top teams for now)! On average it probably is 3 games more. What am I missing here? Houston is a Texas team and they are 2 less which is not bad,

Seventyniner
01-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Calm down. Every team will play 82.

Actually, the compressed schedule so far bodes well for the Spurs, given that they're just off the pace of the Clippers and Thunder. The Spurs' road will get easier and the others will see their schedule ramp up in difficulty.

spurraider21
01-10-2013, 06:01 PM
doesn't matter. that means we have more days off in the months leading up to the playoffs. it all works out fine... the only thing i hate about our schedule is that we seem to have quite a few of the "4 games in 5 nights" type of games and they've come against the heat and the knicks, and the next such stretch we have ends up against the thunder. oh, and those 4th games all are on the road lol.

but as far as playing more games now, less home games, or whatever, it doesn't matter, it'll balance out

Ibleedslvrnblk
01-10-2013, 10:03 PM
I am not getting all excited but I was floored to see that much of a difference. Its like being a week ahead. I do agree with slowing down as playoffs start as a good thing

SpursIndonesia
01-11-2013, 01:33 AM
Yeah, the schedule will even out, and the old leg Spurs will be better served with a light & home heavy ending to the regular season. But indeed, it's kinda weird that MOST of our back to back 2nd games are against a winning team, a stronger team than the 1st night of back to back games team.

Fireball
01-11-2013, 08:17 AM
It can be safe to say that this is the reason for the current "slump" of the team (despite still winning many games). Many teams lose interest in midseason and the Spurs also had a tough schedule with many games (especially on the road) ... hopefully they will be able to refocus again ...

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
i dont really care about the schedule we played many games then other teams, none of you clowns were complaining about the condense season last year...

this season, 6 of the losses were all winnable games due to some unforeseen complacency of certain individuals.....

i think pop is tankn games for a reason....its all got to do with seedings and matchups he wants to avoid....

DejuanorwhatDude
01-11-2013, 09:33 AM
i dont really care about the schedule we played many games then other teams, none of you clowns were complaining about the condense season last year...

this season, 6 of the losses were all winnable games due to some unforeseen complacency of certain individuals.....

i think pop is tankn games for a reason....its all got to do with seedings and matchups he wants to avoid....

So, he's losing games in the first half of the season for matchups in April? This man is a genius.

Rummpd
01-11-2013, 10:44 AM
28 and 10, one of the 3-4 best records in the league despite the front loaded schedule.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds Top playoff odds in the West.

http://espn.ghttp://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankingso.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings Top of the heap with a strong SOS (0.527 more than than the other top 4 teams)

21 road games so far (Denver 23 but in comparison Clippers and OKC have had 15 and 14 including those tough LAL road games for the Clippers :) )

Spurs right where they want to be (NO major injuries at present, near the top of the conference) & it will all even out!

Fireball
01-11-2013, 12:33 PM
This man is a genius.

and we are the clowns :rolleyes

spurtech09
01-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah, the schedule will even out, and the old leg Spurs will be better served with a light & home heavy ending to the regular season. But indeed, it's kinda weird that MOST of our back to back 2nd games are against a winning team, a stronger team than the 1st night of back to back games team.agree....back 2 backs games have been crazy....spurs do need more rest