PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Dirk to be traded by the next Thursday

Lincoln
01-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Per his request. He has a no trade clause in his contract. Rockets, Blazers, Bucks, and Nuggets are interested.

LkrFan
01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Link?

Clipper Nation
01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Source?

Lincoln
01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
It's all over twitter. It got tweeted 7 minutes ago so it should be on ESPN soon.

JamStone
01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
to Milwaukee Bucks for Robert Traylor

FkLA
01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Not buying it tbh. Dirk is the Godfather of Dallas, no way he leaves without giving Cuban another off-season to make some moves.

Chinook
01-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Not that this isn't a pretty weak troll attempt, but out of those teams, Denver can offer the best package, I think. Gallo and McGee would be good compliments to Mayo, and the team should be bad enough to stay in the lottery this season.

irishock
01-10-2013, 06:24 PM
He just said he wouldn't ask for a trade.

djohn2oo8
01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
lincoln be trollin

Budkin
01-10-2013, 08:52 PM
LOLincoln

Latarian Milton
01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
dude might be disappointed with the team's performances but there's no hell of way he could demand a trade like son of a bitch DH did tbh. nigga is known and respected for his loyalty to his team as well as this city which he ain't gonna give up for whatever reason, and he already has a ring so he doesn't have no legit reason to demand a move now imho. nigga will wait till next season to make one last attempt at the championship imho

SpursIndonesia
01-10-2013, 09:55 PM
If decent offers coming, the Mavs should respect Dirk by giving him the chance for more greatness in other city. He has been loyal and gave them the ultimate trophy, but had his champhioship team blown up in his face, atleast you shouldn't put his remaining career stuck in a rebuilding & tanking mode team.

BlackSwordsMan
01-10-2013, 10:15 PM
I hope spurs trade blair for him tbh

Ghazi
01-10-2013, 11:59 PM
For a guy like Dirk Nowitzki, winning a championship as THE guy is all that matters.

It wouldn't greatly improve his legacy to go somewhere and win a ring as a 3rd option.

We did not throw away 1-2 more titles by blowing up the 2011 team. I believe that was our last best shot at a championship and we delivered. Even if we brought everyone back from the title team, I believe the Thunder and Heat would've surpassed us regardless.

Dirk should just sit back and chill. He has a championship. His legacy si complete and he only has 2-3 more good years left anyway.

We have one of the best front offices in the league.

Clipper Nation
01-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Dirk should have just stayed out all season, tbh.... not really much of a point to clearly rushing back, as the Mavs really just aren't good, imho...

irishock
01-11-2013, 12:11 AM
For a guy like Dirk Nowitzki, winning a championship as THE guy is all that matters.

It wouldn't greatly improve his legacy to go somewhere and win a ring as a 3rd option.

We did not throw away 1-2 more titles by blowing up the 2011 team. I believe that was our last best shot at a championship and we delivered. Even if we brought everyone back from the title team, I believe the Thunder and Heat would've surpassed us regardless.

Dirk should just sit back and chill. He has a championship. His legacy si complete and he only has 2-3 more good years left anyway.

Dirk is 34. Should've let him and the old company fight until the end.

KaiRMD1
01-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Cuban was stupid for blowing up that team. Last year's Mavericks had to be the worst group of defending champs ever. It's crazy but the fact that Tyson Chandler was gone I think was the biggest blow to them. But all in all, Dirk has nothing left to prove unles he just loves the hell out of the game. Either way, Dirk is good.

SpursIndonesia
01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
OK, i'll bite. :)

OK, and then he has already achieved that feat. Problem is, we KNOW that Dirk is the greater player compared to shithead like Garnett, but because of the same ring count, a few years down the road, peeps will talk as if otherwise, since Garnett stats is quite better. But if the German bomber puts a 2nd champ ring into his finger, then nobody will argue anymore.

If he was traded to, say, the Rox or the Hawks, can you honestly say he'll be a 2nd wheel for sure ? Atleast for the next 2-3 years of his remaining career, supposedly still within his peak ability & performance. We're not talking about Nash money collecting mode in LA case here. At worst, he'll be a 1B option depending on matchup and whatnot.

He did not throw away 1-2 more titles by blowing up the 2011 team. I believe that was our last best shot at a championship and we delivered. Even if we brought everyone back from the title team, I believe the Thunder and Heat would've surpassed us regardless.

1. Chandler has shown that he can be durable & actually winning the DPOY
2. Kidd can still play, just look at what he's been doing in NY currently
3. Barea is the truth as energizer off the bench, been doing exactly that in Minny this year
3. Most importantly, you shouldn't underestimate the heart of defending champ, especially with Dirk as the main guy, a legendary shooter who can get hot at anytime

ATLEAST, you got ONE more year of serious chance for championship, and that's all that matter. If that fails, you can always blow it up anytime in the future.

Dirk isn't a lazy superstar who loves to just mail it in and collect money, he wants to win badly as any other greats have been. And that 2-3 years of his great career will be wasted in a rebuilding mode team of yours. Dallas FO WAS one of the best when the rule isn't so deterring to buy your way into contending, but nowadays that seems very much questionable, starting by blowing that championship team when the dust haven't even been settled.

If decent offers come, Dirk and the Mavs better part ways, because it's in their mutual interest to do so. Dirk can have a better chance to chase more greatness, and the Mavs will be bad enough to really start rebuilding the right way within the constraint of the new CBA.

DPG21920
01-11-2013, 12:35 AM

:lmao

irishock
01-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Dirk's playing worse than Duncan from 2009-2011.

Ghazi
01-11-2013, 01:50 AM
DPG just mad he WRONG bout DEM MAVS :smokin

gambit1990
01-11-2013, 02:09 AM
I hope spurs trade blair for him tbh
:lol this.

crc21209
01-11-2013, 02:19 AM
So was this bullshit or what? :lol

Paranoid Pop
01-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Kawhi Splitter Sjax Green for Dirk

But I agree with Chinook, McGee + Gallinari is a better package, the Bucks could send something great as well, like Ilyasova, Sanders, Jennings, Dalembert.

wanggi
01-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Old man ain't deserve that much. Good news for the Mavs if Nowhisky wanna leave.

Fireball
01-11-2013, 02:16 PM
I doubt Dirk would demand a trade. If such a trade happens, hopefully with an Eastern Conference team. Dirk will eventually get back into shape and still can be a game changer with his unguardable jumper ...

spurraider21
01-11-2013, 03:03 PM
So this rumor has pretty much been debunked, but fun to think about, as a pure/natural stretch 4 like Dirk can make such a huge impact on any team

The Lakers should flip Pau or Dwight for him tbh. Either push Pau to center (where he can play in the frickin block where he's actually an awesome player, and where his lack of lateral footspeed won't kill him on defense) by dealing Dwight, end the Dwightmare, and instantly become an awesome free throw shooting team by replacing Dwight with Dirk.

Or send Pau over and let Dirk be the natural (and ultimate) stretch 4 that would fit alongside Howard pretty darn well. Sending Dwight would be safer though, as he's no lock to resign, and Pau still has a year on his contract and likes LA

BUT Cuban hates the Lakers and he would NEVER send dirk to the purple and piss so tough cookie

If anywhere Cuban sends Dirk to the east.

I feel like Indiana could be intriguing since they can send Granger over, seeing how Paul George has pretty much taken that team over. Dirk would fit well alongside Hibbert. The Bulls would sure love to have him instead of Boozer, or maybe the Sixers could work something out and have the dominant yet imaginary Bynum-Dirk image in their heads. Maybe the Knicks give up on Amare and pair up Dirk with Chandler again. Or obviously Dirk gets amnestied and signs with Heat for the minimum :lol

dunkman
01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Source?

Jack Daniels tbh . . .

mavs>spurs
01-11-2013, 10:25 PM
DPG just mad he WRONG bout DEM MAVS :smokin

:lmao

Latarian Milton
01-11-2013, 11:11 PM
the loss of ambition has hurt the team more than the departure of TC imho. they were desperate before 2011 and for most of them the 11' championship was the first one in their careers. their hunger was easy to see during the 11' playoffs and they all performed above their normal level as a result, especially their role players such as lincoln, peja, findog and JJB, but you never seen that again from them since they won the championship. had they kept TC they would've remain a playoff team for another 3-4 years but it would still be very unlikely for them to win it again tbh