PDA

View Full Version : Sucks to cheat and lose, eh?

The Ressurrected One
06-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Democratic Party officials in East St. Louis, Illinois have been convicted (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2005/06/guilty-verdict-in-esl-voter-fraud.html) of massive voter fraud in last November's election. The local jury convicted them of, among other things, paying people to vote Democratic. This is, really, only the tip of the iceberg; still to come is an attempted murder trial arising out of the effort by a Democratic Party official to murder a witness who threatened to blow the whistle on the Democratic official's corruption. Based on press accounts, I understand that in the attempted murder case, the prosecution will offer into evidence photographs that were shown to the Democratic Party official, which appeared to show the dead body of the witness whom the official had ordered murdered.

Voter fraud has been a key part of the Democratic Party's electoral strategy for years. Will criminal prosecutions slow down the Democrats' efforts to commit fraud in future elections? I doubt it, but it is good to see ordinary citizens rising up, through the criminal justice system, to bring the Democratic Party to heel.

And then, as if to add insult to injury...

We've often asked whether the Democrats are paying a political price for their obstructionism, or for the outrageous and hateful face they so often present to the voters. This poll (http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20050629-085428-8801r.htm), which we missed when it was reported on yesterday, suggests that it may be starting to happen:

A poll on the political mood in the United States conducted by the Democratic Party has alarmed the party at its own loss of popularity. Conducted by the party-affiliated Democracy Corps, the poll indicated 43 percent of voters favored the Republican Party, while 38 percent had positive feelings about Democrats.

"Republicans weakened in this poll ... but it shows Democrats weakening more," said Stanley Greenberg, who served as President Clinton's pollster.

It is noteworthy that this was a "likely voter" poll.

Nbadan
07-01-2005, 03:43 AM
Sucks to cheat and lose, eh?

From the article...

Carr replayed many of the audiotapes the jury had previously heard of conversations Youngblood and McIntosh had with the defendants. Carr used the tapes to support his theory the five defendants conspired to buy votes for $5 and $10 apiece to elect Democrat Mark Kern the St. Clair County Board chairman in the Nov. 2 election.

"But there was a perception in East St. Louis he was racist," said Carr, adding this had upped the price for bringing voters to the polls on Election Day.

Which explains why the St. Clair County Democratic Central Committee sent $79,000 to East St. Louis Democratic precinct committeemen just before the election, Carr said.

"To make sure Mr. Kern was elected -- that's what this conspiracy was about," Carr said. "This was business as usual in East St. Louis on election day."

Kern, the former mayor of Belleville, narrowly won the race for County Board chairman, thanks to winning more than 82 percent of the vote in East St. Louis.

Win-Lose, what's the difference? He's a liberal!

:hat

SWC Bonfire
07-01-2005, 08:47 AM
What? There is corruption in politics? I AM SHOCKED.

Isn't this the same district that Democrats put up billboards saying a vote for the Republicans would burn down another black church?

Dre_7
07-01-2005, 01:30 PM
What? There is corruption in politics? I AM SHOCKED.

:lol :lol

BTW, there are corrupt people in EVERY party.

GopherSA
07-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Wow...

This reminds me of the vote buying in Milwaukee during the 2000 election. Man, what political party was involved in that?

Wait...

It's on the tip of my tongue...

Oh, yeah.

The DemocRATs.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-09-2005, 09:39 PM
your such a tool gopher at least gitmo loving yonivore makes arguments your just putting your party to shame

CalsonicKansei
07-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I really dont want to get political, but all parties intentionally cheat. So there IMO.