PDA

View Full Version : It's officially time to press the panic button on Tim Duncan

TDfan2007
01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
He needs to be shut down for AT LEAST a few games. The Spurs won't get anywhere with him playing at this level anyway. The biggest question is will Tim's pride allow it. From what I understand Timmy usually begrudgingly sits on the last leg of a 4 in 5, so what would he say to the possibility of sitting out a few games?

Either way, I'm worried, because whatever type of funk he's in, be it physical or just mid-season fatigue, he's letting it get to his head. His body language has been alarming the last few games and many of the TOs have been surprising.

Budkin
01-11-2013, 10:57 PM
He'll be ok.

SpursRock20
01-11-2013, 10:58 PM
I'd like him to take a 1-2 week rest tbh. It would do us good in the long run.

timtonymanu
01-11-2013, 10:59 PM
He still managed to play impressive D (minus the Arthur open jumpers). I'm worried, but not pressing the panic button yet.

SpursOwn
01-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Let him rest until the a week before the end of the season - so he's not completely stiff. The guy has no strength left. Rest him!

Brunodf
01-11-2013, 11:00 PM
YEah, he looked bad in the last 3 games... But i will wait a little.

AFBlue
01-11-2013, 11:00 PM
He was playing at an absolutely elite level for the first quarter of the season...regression to the mean was inevitable. It would be nice though to give him some rest...too bad the Spurs employ two corpses where bigs should be.

TheSkeptic
01-11-2013, 11:01 PM
I think it's a little early to press the panic button here. Pop should give TD a game off and then we can see how he performs afterwards.

Warlord23
I think it's part physical, part offensive rhythm. He doesn't look as spry as he did earlier, but his defense is still decent. It's the offense that has fallen off a cliff in these last few games. Can't make chip shots in the lane, can't hit the J with any consistency, holding the ball too low too long and losing it in traffic etc.

carina_gino20
Would love to see him rest vs Minny and go beast mode vs Mem.

blkroadrunners
Spurs played 5 games more than the Griz so far in the season. They're one of the leaders in games played so far. Duncan will get the rest, don't want to press the button just yet.

swaggerjackson
01-11-2013, 11:02 PM
He defense was pretty damn good except for a few lapses. Also Memphis is probably the most physical team in the league. Their frontcourt literally pounds other players. I think Tim just had an off night putting the ball in the hoop

Floyd Pacquiao
sit him out against minny get him ready for the grizz on wed imho

Richie
We next play Saturday and Wednesday vs Wolves and Grizz respectively. If he needs a rest we can give him the Minni game off, thats a 5 day rest.

Kool Bob Love
01-11-2013, 11:03 PM
He'll be fine. Non-issue

Malik Hairston
01-11-2013, 11:03 PM
His defense still looks noticeably better than the past few years, though

TMTŪ
01-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Can't expect him to play prime basketball all year. He's clearly tired and a step slow, yet he was able to come up with big plays defensively other than the slow rotations to Arthur. He's fine.

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2013, 11:04 PM
timmy just like the other clowns on this team who has won a ring, gets a free pass for every mistake they made

when will ppl still living in the past and live in the present stop forgiving clowns who have done shit in the past now living on a reputation...

spurraider21
01-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Rebounds were there. Protected the paint like a boss. Was up against the most physical frontline in the west. Not gna panic unless this carries for 2 more weeks

spurtech09
01-11-2013, 11:06 PM
He needs to be shut down for AT LEAST a few games. The Spurs won't get anywhere with him playing at this level anyway. The biggest question is will Tim's pride allow it. From what I understand Timmy usually begrudgingly sits on the last leg of a 4 in 5, so what would he say to the possibility of sitting out a few games?
the whole team looks fatigued...this team needs a couple if days offs to get back to a full level....
Either way, I'm worried, because whatever type of funk he's in, be it physical or just mid-season fatigue, he's letting it get to his head. His body language has been alarming the last few games and many of the TOs have been surprising.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Given his general demeanor and body language, he's either pissed the team is losing or his knee is hurting.

I'd rest him 2-3 games when we have a run against poor teams.

AFBlue
01-11-2013, 11:07 PM
And lol at "panic button" in January.

Richie
Goes to show how important a new big is in the summer.

If we get a big time PF who can play with Splitter (West, Millsap) we can reduce the load on Timmy and sit him more games.

timtonymanu
timmy just like the other clowns on this team who has won a ring, gets a free pass for every mistake they made

when will ppl still living in the past and live in the present stop forgiving clowns who have done shit in the past now living on a reputation...

Yes, he does get a free pass for everything he has done for this team. Go root for another team, faggot.

Southwest Texas Fan
01-11-2013, 11:15 PM
He hasn't been playing well but he was in foul trouble early. Maybe it through off his game.

spurtech09
01-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Yes, he does get a free pass for everything he has done for this team. Go root for another team, faggot.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

timvp
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm not certain that Duncan is hurting. It could be a midseason lull that he has always gone through. Being older, his lulls are going to be more prominent since he's not young enough to retain an elite level without the pedal to the metal. Besides, he rebounded well this game, blocked shots, was able to hold his ground against Gasol and defend Randolph for long stretches of time. When he's REALLY hurting, that wouldn't be possible.

Maybe his knee is hurting ..... but it doesn't really add up. To me it looks like his jumper is off, he's missing chip shots around the rim and his passing decisions are iffy. I think this next week at home will really be helpful, especially the two days off between Minnesota and Memphis. If his slump extends another week, then I'd probably agree it's time to be worried.

SpursRock20
01-11-2013, 11:32 PM
He did appear to be gimpy tonight. I know I'm not the only one to notice, the Memphis announcers did too.

Juggity
01-11-2013, 11:33 PM

Did you get debolded bro?

Must've been all the hero ball truth bombs

TDMVPDPOY
01-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Did you get debolded bro?

Must've been all the hero ball truth bombs

dude u know hero ball and selfish basketball from certain individuals on this team is hurting team chemistry for others to get into the game, i could care less if the heroes on the team scores a basket, i pounce on every opportunity when they fck it up...

without the haters giving you clowns shit, there be no discussions to talk about...

Leetonidas
01-11-2013, 11:56 PM
He was going against the best frontline in the NBA and the best defense in the league, give him some credit, he played very well on the defensive end minus the two Arthur jumpers. I don't think it's time to work

TDfan2007
01-12-2013, 12:24 PM
He was going against the best frontline in the NBA and the best defense in the league, give him some credit, he played very well on the defensive end minus the two Arthur jumpers. I don't think it's time to work

That missed dunk over Gasol, the flat jumpers, and that sequence where he was blocked twice by Gasol all showed his lack of lift, not to mention the general increases gimpiness while running the court. His post play has also reverted to 2011 form. I think I've seen him shoot a jump hook maybe twice in the last 5 or so games.

Timmy also destroyed this front line in the last two meetings for what it's worth.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Tim will be okay but i agree he needs some rest. tomorrow against the TWolves would be a prime time to rest him. Then he doesn't have to play again til Wednesday against the Grizzlies again.

rasho8
01-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Tim has never had any lift.

pjjrfan
01-13-2013, 10:44 AM
It's a concern but he's not the only one who is playing bad. Parker, Manu and Green had some bad lapses throughout the game. Parker singlehandlely lost that 4th qtr lead.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2013, 10:58 AM
from here on, it doesnt matter if he accumulates empty stats, another ring, dpoy awards or whatever individual awards is not going to bump him up in the top10 players ever to play the game; even if he doesnt ring home wont even change anything...

dude should just retire immediately now, so pop can hang up his boots....cause CHANGE needs to come sooner then later....

Cry Havoc
01-13-2013, 01:08 PM
After 15 seasons people are still worried about Duncan after 3 games. :lol :lol :lol

#newspursfan

TDfan2007
01-14-2013, 10:43 AM
After 15 seasons people are still worried about Duncan after 3 games. :lol :lol :lol

#newspursfan

I'm basing my concern based on precedence. We all get that you're too cool to be worried about anything in January, but given Timmy 's past knee issues, I feel that the concern here is warranted.

Leetonidas
01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Dude had 7 blocks last night. He's fine.

bklynspursfan
01-14-2013, 11:22 AM
He'll bounce back against Memphis after having 2 days off. We remember how well he responded last time he had 2 days off and faced Memphis right? (not to say it's the Grizz, but 2 days off have proven to do him well)

Cry Havoc
01-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm basing my concern based on precedence. We all get that you're too cool to be worried about anything in January, but given Timmy 's past knee issues, I feel that the concern here is warranted.

:lmao

Cane
01-14-2013, 11:36 AM
12 pts
9 rebs
5 asts
7 blks
3 stls

:flag:

timvp
01-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Last night, TD talked about how he's just in a scoring slump. And then talked about how it's January and how it's the dog days of the season blah blah blah. In other words, I think he's fine. Typical regular season slump we've seen him have every season of his career.

I don't blame anyone for worrying about TD but judging by his comments and how Pop hasn't done anything to limit his minutes, I think it's safe to say his recent slump isn't as a result of injury.

Leetonidas
01-14-2013, 01:27 PM
If anything his resurgence this season has to have taught everyone at least one thing...don't ever, ever doubt Tim Duncan.

TDfan2007
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Last night, TD talked about how he's just in a scoring slump. And then talked about how it's January and how it's the dog days of the season blah blah blah. In other words, I think he's fine. Typical regular season slump we've seen him have every season of his career.

I don't blame anyone for worrying about TD but judging by his comments and how Pop hasn't done anything to limithis minutes, I think it's safe to say his recent slump isn't as a result of injury.

Thanks for the info, timvp. I didn't start this thread to bash Timmy , I was just concerned . This is good news.

TDfan2007
01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
His feet may have left the ground on maybe two of them. Flat footed blocks aren't exactly a guage of a player's health. Glad to see he looks sharper though. :tu

Leetonidas
01-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Since when has Tim Duncan ever gotten off the ground? Dude hasn't been able to jump much since like 2000. He's missing a lot of chip shots man, I don't think that's because of his knees, he's just in a slump (which he even said). Trust in Timmy.

Spurs9
01-14-2013, 02:12 PM
:cry but we might get fined if we rest him :cry

boutons_deux
01-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Tim seems to have sporadic total mental blanks from a lack of concentraton and intensity. Probably bored. And he's developed this attraction for risky long passes. The risk and excitement overcome his boredom.

timtonymanu
01-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Put away the panic button now.

Texas_Ranger
01-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Tim didn't record a block just in 3 games this season. Since Nov.25 he had at least one per game.... Thats fucking amazing.

TDfan2007
01-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Put away the panic button now.

Gladly. I guess he really did just lose focus for a bit there. He looked fantastic tonight. Still not loving the lazy post offense, but he was moving around as well as he has all year.

TDMVPDPOY
01-16-2013, 10:54 PM
tosb padding his stats in meaningless games....