PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from St Louis in here?

LnGrrrR
01-11-2013, 11:32 PM
I should be at my next duty assignment around the first week of February... Anyone that can give me some good pointers for places to visit?

HI-FI
01-12-2013, 12:52 AM
The East Side has some of the better restaurants and neighborhoods if you're thinking of crashing there.

baseline bum
01-12-2013, 12:52 AM
hwBoa-NbNL8

thispego
01-12-2013, 11:41 AM
lol military

spursfan09
01-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks for your service!

I. Hustle
01-12-2013, 11:52 AM
lol @ lol military

LnGrrrR
01-12-2013, 01:44 PM
The East Side has some of the better restaurants and neighborhoods if you're thinking of crashing there.

Really? I've only heard bad stuff about East St Louis. (I'll be stationed at Scott AFB, so I should be there for the next 3 years or so.) And thanks for the support Spursfan :)

LnGrrrR
01-12-2013, 01:45 PM
lol military

:lol thispedo/lilho'mo

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-12-2013, 01:49 PM
lol military

:lmao

CuckingFunt
01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
They have a nice botanical garden. And the drive down to Hannibal, MO (along the Mississipi) is nice. As is the drive over to the Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site (it's in Illinois but so close to the state border you can still see the St. Louis skyline from the mounds). And the arch is cool, as is the park/area surrounding it, but I wouldn't bother going up to the top. It's hot and stuffy, it takes forever, and because you're inside of the only interesting feature of the St. Louis skyline the view from the windows is pretty boring. Other than that, I can't think of much else. I've been going for regular visits ever since my mom moved there about ten years ago, but what little there is to do/explore I got my fill of years ago; visits now are mostly just about hanging out with Mom.

Lots of good food in that city, though. Both upscale and casual. You'll be there long enough to explore the gamut, it sounds like, but to start you off I'd strongly recommend Pappy's Smokehouse (there will be a line, ribs may run out, but it's amazing), Ted Drewes Frozen Custard, and Mama Toscano's, which is a tiny little Italian deli/grocery on The Hill (a primarily Italian/Sicilian neighborhood that has a ton of good food options, but this is my favorite of them). At Mama Toscano's you can get their house made raviolis and sauce to go and it's heaven. As close to what I grew up with as I've been able to find since my great-grandmother passed.

TeyshaBlue
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Shit man, ditch St Lou and head to Clovis!

Latarian Milton
01-15-2013, 01:16 AM
i know some good places to visit in St Louis but im not sure if they're good ones for a killing machine tbh