PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: KG tells spur fan he never said Happy mothersday 2 duncan

2pac > Kobe
01-12-2013, 01:14 AM
per nbatv

discuss

Chinook
01-12-2013, 01:17 AM
I'd hope so. But really, this is the third time in my memory (the others are Melo and Villanueva) of KG directly saying he didn't say something that other people alleged he did. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I don't know. This wouldn't keep happening if he wasn't doing something. I don't think he really means what he says; he's just trying to get in their heads. It just goes too far.

KG and Duncan have seeemed reasonably amicable when I've seen them recently. Maybe they've let bygones be bygones.

timvp
01-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Yeah, and KG didn't call Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient. And Melo went HAM for not reason at all. :rolleyes

2pac > Kobe
01-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Yeah, and KG didn't call Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient. And Melo went HAM for not reason at all. :rolleyes

no he actually did call charlie a cancer patient

timvp
01-12-2013, 01:22 AM
no he actually did call charlie a cancer patient

KG denied it. He said something like he called CV a cancer or some ish. And that CV being bald and having no eyebrows was a coincidence.

timvp
01-12-2013, 01:26 AM
Garnett has always seemed friendly with Duncan on the court

http://www.spurstalk.com/not-sure-if-serious-camel.jpg

I'm assuming you didn't watch the 1999 or 2001 series, tbh.

InRareForm
01-12-2013, 01:28 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165224

2pac > Kobe
01-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Hairston with the goods

Sean Cagney
01-12-2013, 01:36 AM
I believe him, tbh..

KG's explanation for the Villanueva incident was plausible..Villanueva was a cancerous player that hurt his team, KG pointed it out..coincidentally, Villanueva looks like a chemo patient, thus leading to fans/media haters targeting KG, as usual..

Carmelo has a history of fighting and overreacting, it isn't surprising that he reacted to KG's mind games..

Garnett has always seemed friendly with Duncan on the court, I doubt he would have went that far, it's not his style..I'd have to hear Duncan confirm the story..KG deserves the benefit of the doubt, tbh..

Yeah friendly! Got ejected with him one year and started it! Slapped him in the back of the head for no reason one time in their earlier careers. I am sure he has always been friendly.

timvp
01-12-2013, 01:43 AM
I was referring to them as older players, and they usually speak pre-game and during dead balls, tbh, should have clarified..

Also, SLAM had an interview with them(+McGrady) in 2003 or so and they seemed amicable and friendly, joking around and shit, IIRC..

Physicality and altercations during games are common, even between close friends, tbh..

Males don't hold beefs for that long, tbh.

But speaking of magazines, I'm assuming you missed the SI article regarding this very subject:

5 His Buddy KG

Just kidding, as this might count in his favor. In fact, Duncan hates Kevin Garnett. Hates him the way liberals hate Sean Hannity. This information comes from very reliable sources, who talk about how KG has made a career of trying to punk Duncan, baiting him and slapping him and whispering really weird smack into his ear. They talk about how funny this is, because the worst thing you can do as an opponent is piss off Duncan. Then, as Malik Rose says, "he f------ destroys you." Duncan's lifetime numbers versus Garnett's teams, by the way: 19.4 points per game, 11.6 boards and a 44--17 record, including the postseason.

Duncan is diplomatic about the topic. Asked if perhaps all those years battling Garnett have softened his feelings for the man, led to a Magic-Larry type of kinship, Duncan leans back on the couch in his hotel room and grins. There is a pause. A longer pause. Finally he says, "Define kinship."

So, uh, yeah, no. Duncan will be civil but they aren't "friendly" or whatever SLAM scribbled, tbh. And I only need one guess to guess what the "really weird smack" is, tbh.

timvp
01-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Also, have we reached the point where I can have my username back, tbh?:lol..

Tbh, the last time I did that, the reward was you five minutes later pulling a KG and issuing an unsuspected low blow, tbh.

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2013, 02:10 AM
http://www.slamdumb.com/images/comics/11_8_10.jpg

timvp
01-12-2013, 02:13 AM
:cry KG is a cartoonist target :cry

Richie
01-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Bruce Bowen said on his podcast this week (Monday?) that he has never heard of Garnett saying anything about players wives or mothers. I know Bruce wasn't on the team when it supposedly happened but you'd think he would know whether it's true or not.

Leads me to believe it is actually complete fiction and that he never said anything to Timmy.

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Duncan probably made it up tbh

hater
01-12-2013, 05:21 AM
who gives a shit. I take KG on my team any day of the week.

:cry "he's not classy enough" - Spursfan

rayjayjohnson
01-12-2013, 05:30 AM

not surprising, considering you've got a rapist in your avatar

hater
01-12-2013, 05:33 AM
not surprising, considering you've got a rapist in your avatar

and you have a shemale so what

the point is fan thinking player X is too unclassy is bullshit.

DMC
01-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Garnett crying on TV because he wanted the money over the ring was classic. He's so misunderstood and classy.

TheChillFactor
01-12-2013, 09:55 AM
"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp." - Ron Artest

all u need to know about the relationship, tbh.

Sportcamper
01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
The incident NEVER happened…Some Spurs blogger made up the story and like sheep folks from San Antonio believed it…

JamStone
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
From the beginning, the story was shaky. Was he really trying to piss off Duncan with a "Mother's Day" blast when Duncan's mom had passed like 10 years prior? Really think Duncan hadn't accepted and come to grips with his mom's passing yet at that point? To me, that's not too inciteful unless the person you say it to is truly emotionally and mentally weak. It would make more sense for KG to say it not in reference to Duncan's mom but insinuating that Duncan is a woman or a bitch. That makes at least a tiny bit of sense. KG barks and pounds his chest. I haven't really viewed his smack talk and whole act as a genius, premeditated, and complex design in a study of psychology and human behavior. Let's just say even though he plays mind games, he isn't exactly Hannibal Lecter with his strategy.

dbreiden83080
01-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Why is KG supposedly such a good guy off the court and such a shithead on it?

JamStone
01-12-2013, 10:54 AM
He's allegedly not from accounts I've read and heard from fans. He's supposed to be a really big fucking prick off the court too.

ohmwrecker
01-12-2013, 11:17 AM
So . . . KG is a liar AND a creep? Shocking.

Koolaid_Man
01-12-2013, 11:25 AM
So . . . KG is a liar AND a creep? Shocking.

Seems he respects Kobe....my two fave players tbh...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/0013729e4a600abe857d3e.jpg

Koolaid_Man
01-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Why is KG supposedly such a good guy off the court and such a shithead on it?

KG is a really cool guy..I met him at Vegas about 7 yrs ago at a Pimping Ho's Weekend...he actually talked to me for a min at the MGM...he's a good guy

Killakobe81
01-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Don't believe KG ... And tbh honest its insulting to argue his rep is a media creation. Personally I don't mind a player who is an asshole, obviously because I enjoy Kobe ... But I wish he would just own up to it. He gets so much credit fochanging the culture for the Celts and rightfully so ... But don't act all innocent when you know you will do anything to win. KG is (Charlie Murphy voice) " "a habitual line stepper"and because no one has beat his ass and it WORKS like the force on the weak minded, why should he? And if you are a Kg fan and like or don't mind his antics that is cool but don't make up bs bs excuses for him.

Btw I like KG ...

Koolaid_Man
Outside of bitch slapping Duncan upside his head...these are some of my fave KG moments:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/1212731982_6575.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/129199330827678250.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/garnetpushesref.jpg

Clipper Nation

I'd take Duncan over KG right now in an instant, tbh.... true, Timmy's old, but KG can only play in 5-minute increments nowadays....

Koolaid_Man
01-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Don't believe KG ... And tbh honest its insulting to argue his rep is a media creation. Personally I don't mind a player who is an asshole, obviously because I enjoy Kobe ... But I wish he would just own up to it. He gets so much credit for changing the culture for the Celts and rightfully so ... But don't act all innocent when you know you will do anything to win. KG is (Charlie Murphy voice) and because no one has beat his ass and it WORKS like the force on the weak minded, why should he? And if you are a Kg fan and like or don't mind his antics that is cool but don't make up vs be excuses for him.

Btw I like KG ...

You'd make a good fucking politician with all your double speak...:lol you pretty good at that shit homie :lol

I ain't mad at cha :lol

Clipper Nation
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
The incident NEVER happened…Some Spurs blogger made up the story and like sheep folks from San Antonio believed it…
Huh? It was in a Sports Illustrated article about Timmy from last year, tbh.....

Killakobe81
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
You'd make a good fucking politician with all your double speak...:lol you pretty good at that shit homie :lol

I ain't mad at cha :lol

Double speak?! Dude is an asshole but he is MY Kind of asshole ...I think cancer and mom is off limits cuz I was huge tashtrash talker ...when provoked and never thought to go THAT far he does ...just saying own that rep if you have earned it. Kg is the one double talking ...not me.

ohmwrecker
01-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Seems he respects Kobe....my two fave players tbh...

Creep love tbh . . .

Garnett respects Duncan because Timmy whoops his ass on the regular.

Sportcamper
01-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Huh? It was in a Sports Illustrated article about Timmy from last year, tbh.....

I am sure I read it…But a reputable link evades me at the moment…

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VugnKGNSqvQ/TWZhnxN-UBI/AAAAAAAAAd4/HvbMroYy39E/s1600/not%2Bthis%2Bagain.png