PDA

View Full Version : Hey ChumpDumper - White got waived

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 09:40 PM
The Warriors waived Rodney White today. I know you (and others) were interested last summer. Do you still have any interest?

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Absolutely -- this is a guy we could actually sign for the minimum or just a touch more. He doesn't play defense now, but neither did Jack or Hedo. Completely worth a camp invite -- he's got alot of the things we're looking for in a small forward. It remains to be seen whether he can get over himself and drink the Spurs' kool-aid.

timvp
06-30-2005, 11:50 PM
I have to agree with ChumpDumper. Make him play in summer league and get Pop and the rest of the coaching staff on his azz. If he survives that and is willing to buy into the system, he's a natural scorer in the mold of Stephen Jackson.

xcoriate
07-01-2005, 03:42 AM
He can shoot, his young and 6'9 whats not to like.

Had a gun altercation last year I think, but if he can straighten himself out, or someone does it for him I think hes worth the investment. Certainyl has potential.

TheTruth
07-01-2005, 03:45 AM
If we can keep SJax on the straight and narrow for two years, we should be able to handle this guy.

MI21
07-01-2005, 05:22 AM
I was hoping the Spurs would look at this guy last offseason.

With some grooming could be a legit bigger SF type off the bench.

Pistons < Spurs
07-01-2005, 07:11 AM
He's got a bit of an attitude problem. He thinks he's Michael Jordan, and believes he should be playing 42 minutes a game.

Doesn't make the best decisions. Jacks up too many poor quality shots.

But as long as you can control that, he'd be a good pickup.

WayDowntownBang
07-01-2005, 07:21 AM
I agree with Pistons<Spurs.

We had a taste of this guy in the past. Big flash, no spark. If the Spurs can harness him, they he may become a good 6-7 guy, but I wouldn't look for too much out of him.

xcoriate
07-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Its kind of hard when all you have min contracts and a small slice of the MLE left over though. He is certainly one of the more promising candidates given out price range.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2005, 08:09 AM
He's got a bit of an attitude problem. He thinks he's Michael Jordan, and believes he should be playing 42 minutes a game.

Doesn't make the best decisions. Jacks up too many poor quality shots.

But as long as you can control that, he'd be a good pickup.

Hmmm...sounds familiar....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/2003/playoffs/news/2003/06/15/jackson_sider_ap/t1_jackson_ap.jpg

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Its kind of hard when all you have min contracts and a small slice of the MLE left over though. He is certainly one of the more promising candidates given out price range.

If the Spurs can sign Scola to the $1.6 mil exception then they'd have the full MLE to offer.

Rodney White would be a good prospect to back up Bowen. I'm still partial to Big Dog, but if White worked out the Spurs would be set for a while.

MI21
07-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Do the Pistons fans hate him because he was pretty much a bust as #9 pick?

Pistons < Spurs
07-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Do the Pistons fans hate him because he was pretty much a bust as #9 pick?

No I don't think so. If anything, they blame Joe D. for taking him at #9 as opposed to blaming White for being a terrible 9th pick.

I believe one day he'll find his spot, and be a decent consistent player. But he showed alot of cockiness, thast didn't support his sub-par game.

I've always liked him.....except he shoots too many 3's....I even followed him when he went to Denver. The potential is there for sure.

benjirh
07-01-2005, 08:55 PM
If the Spurs can sign Scola to the $1.6 mil exception then they'd have the full MLE to offer.

Rodney White would be a good prospect to back up Bowen. I'm still partial to Big Dog, but if White worked out the Spurs would be set for a while.

Scola isn't coming that cheap. People are saying it is closer to 3 mil to get him here.