PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with all the unforced turnovers?

Horse
01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
If it were great defense taking it away I can live with that, but they act like this is a new offense and a bunch of new players. I've seen them throw the ball away cause someone is not where there supposed to be more times this season than all of last season. Early on it didn't concern me but at this point it should be cleaned up. Hopefully Pop will settle in to his rotations soon. If we just take care of the ball a little last night we win easy. Memphis can't beat us unless we beat ourselves.

cd98
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Memphis is number 1 in the NBA in forcing turnovers. They are very scarey. Even if you beat them in a playoff series, they will wear you down by the next series and your a sitting duck in the next round.

Biggems
01-12-2013, 05:20 PM
maybe so.....but they didnt force a lot of our turnovers....we seem to be quite careless with the ball, especially parker and manu. both tend to force the issue.....parker driving to the basket trying to beat the D and losing the ball, and manu trying to make a great pass but having it go the other way. Jax is turnover prone as well.

McGusto55
01-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Grizz are the spurs of old...they wear you down ...

Mouth is Bleeding
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
My guess is running the same offense as last season but with different, probably worse, spacing.

Opponents have been adjusting and Spurs increasingly have to pass and penetrate into a paint-area that opponents can (now) afford to over-populate.

Creation88
01-12-2013, 05:26 PM
the offense has bogged down....the PGs are picking up their dribble way to early and having to force it into the post or across court to the wings. if Tim fumbles in the paint, it's all over. he panics and tries to get an errant pass off. perhaps it's just a phase but 57 turnovers in 3 games aint good.

cd98
01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
We also don't have a stretch four now that Bonner is riding the pine. His spacing on offense was big for the Spurs. Of course his defense and lack of clutch play in the playoffs were his undoing.

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Jax is turnover prone as well.

Jack is bad with the ball.

Mouth is Bleeding
01-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Jack is bad with the ball.

Yeah he has been a disaster. I do think he'll be less shaky as the season goes on and he finds his more usual self (he has to) but he has been a clear negative if you compare assists and turnovers from him. The biggest negative (http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/1/11/3862602/Spurs-turnovers-turning-over-TO-turnover-bad). I also think I notice that in general he is somewhat of a killer when it comes to good ball-movement.

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah he has been a disaster. I do think he'll be less shaky as the season goes on and he finds his more usual self (he has to) but he has been a clear negative if you compare assists and turnovers from him. The biggest negative (http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/1/11/3862602/Spurs-turnovers-turning-over-TO-turnover-bad). I also think I notice that in general he is somewhat of a killer when it comes to good ball-movement.
+1