PDA

View Full Version : Did I get screwed by Newegg?

GoodOdor
01-12-2013, 01:20 PM
So, I sent my graphics card to be replaced since it was crashing my computer - it was Nvidia Gforce GTX 560 2GB.

Here are the specs of the new card I got:

-------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 560
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_14693842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4047 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

-------------

Am I missing something here - shouldn't there will "2GB" somewhere? did they send me a regular GTX560? if they did, how bad is the difference?

Drachen
01-12-2013, 01:27 PM
So, I sent my graphics card to be replaced since it was crashing my computer - it was Nvidia Gforce GTX 560 2GB.

Here are the specs of the new card I got:

-------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 560
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1201&SUBSYS_14693842&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4047 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1999 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

-------------

Am I missing something here - shouldn't there will "2GB" somewhere? did they send me a regular GTX560? if they did, how bad is the difference?

GoodOdor
01-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks Drachen, I'm not too good with pc's :lol

So I assume it's all good?

The reason I'm even asking is because this one game that used to run smooth suddenly doesn't....

Drachen
01-12-2013, 02:09 PM

The reason I'm even asking is because this one game that used to run smooth suddenly doesn't....

I am not familiar with that specific card or its capabilities, but to answer the OP question, yes, you have a 2GB card.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2013, 03:24 PM

What game? What were you using before?

GoodOdor
01-12-2013, 09:38 PM
What game? What were you using before?

A little steam game called A Game of Dwarfes - nothing that should even come close to freezing my system tbh.

baseline bum
01-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Newegg is awesome for the most part. Great prices, selection, and awesome customer service. The one thing I would say is don't buy hard drives from there and have them shipped UPS, as UPS treats your packages like shit and my drives never seem to last long if I have them shipped with those jerkoffs. From now on I only buy hard drives in person or if I have to get them online, I'll spring for the FedEx shipping instead.

GoodOdor
01-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Newegg is awesome for the most part. Great prices, selection, and awesome customer service. The one thing I would say is don't buy hard drives from there and have them shipped UPS, as UPS treats your packages like shit and my drives never seem to last long if I have them shipped with those jerkoffs. From now on I only buy hard drives in person or if I have to get them online, I'll spring for the FedEx shipping instead.

Newegg hs been great so far tbh, it's the damn IBuyPower brand which sucks - I paid 1000 for a computer, it should last more than 5 months.

ElNono
01-13-2013, 02:38 AM
I don't buy from NewEgg because they have a warehouse in Jersey so they want to charge me taxes. I normally buy from SuperBiiz. Great prices too and never had a problem.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2013, 03:26 AM
I don't buy from NewEgg because they have a warehouse in Jersey so they want to charge me taxes. I normally buy from SuperBiiz. Great prices too and never had a problem.
LOL...

Legal tax evasion...

ElNono
01-13-2013, 03:40 AM
Interestate commerce for the win! That said, I heard Cali and a few other states will start demanding tax be collected on every transaction regardless of destination, so enjoy while u can.

Wild Cobra
01-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Yes, it sucks. I would like to see a more uniform tax system, but then I do believe in states rights as well. One of those things that pull me both ways.

baseline bum
01-13-2013, 04:14 AM

Newegg has always been so good I never cared about the tax. Before I found Newegg I'd have to RMA lots of shit when building systems even from companies with really good resellerratings scores. Only time I ever had to send something back to newegg was when I just didn't want it and they gave me a refund.

Cry Havoc
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Newegg has always been so good I never cared about the tax. Before I found Newegg I'd have to RMA lots of shit when building systems even from companies with really good resellerratings scores. Only time I ever had to send something back to newegg was when I just didn't want it and they gave me a refund.

:tu

I just built a portable desktop. Almost everything I bought, I got from Newegg on black friday sales.

OP, I seriously doubt they'd hose you. My computer is running great. I'll post pics if there's interest.

leemajors
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM

tbh all shipping companies could care less and throw shit around.

baseline bum
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
tbh all shipping companies could care less and throw shit around.

I have had really horrible experiences with UPS and nothing but great ones with FedEx. Anecdotal sure, but UPS has fucked a lot of my shipments up.

leemajors
01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
I have had really horrible experiences with UPS and nothing but great ones with FedEx. Anecdotal sure, but UPS has fucked a lot of my shipments up.

I have worked in mail in repair support too long to not be biased against most worldwide companies :lol

ElNono
01-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Well, if you can pass on the tax to the customer I wouldn't have a problem either.... I just mostly buy hardware for myself...

Heath Ledger
01-14-2013, 07:21 AM
i have the gtx 560 ti its a pretty decent card.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2013, 08:47 AM
I bought all my hardware from Amazon last go around. It was cheaper and the returns were hassle free which is not the case with Newegg.

GoodOdor
01-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Good news so far guys - computer hasn't crashed yet......

Now I'm kinda feeling like the pc is going to waste though.....it's supposed to be a gaming computer, and all

I'm playing is 5$ steam games......

Anyone got high quality rpg's which will put the pc to the test? I've never played demon souls, is that really as good as advertised?

TheMACHINE
01-14-2013, 01:54 PM
My cousin is the Sr. Director of Consumer Electronics in Newegg and even with a discount, i still buy from amazon. lol....cant go wrong with free shipping and hasslefree returns...but the tax part sucks now...saving 9% was awesome.

baseline bum
01-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Wow, surprised to hear newegg is a hassle to return items with, as that wasn't my experience at all. The item I returned was a $1000 monitor that you weren't supposed to be able to return unless it was defective, but figured I'd give it a shot and ask a couple of days later when I found a different monitor elsewhere a lot cheaper and almost as good. Surprisingly they authorized the refund when I said I didn't want it anymore and it took maybe a minute and a half on the phone to get the RMA number.

Cry Havoc
01-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Good news so far guys - computer hasn't crashed yet......

Now I'm kinda feeling like the pc is going to waste though.....it's supposed to be a gaming computer, and all

I'm playing is 5$ steam games......

Anyone got high quality rpg's which will put the pc to the test? I've never played demon souls, is that really as good as advertised?

Dark Souls is great but VERY hard, and not necessarily graphically intensive. You need a patch to run it in high rez.

I'd highly recommend Dark Souls, Skyrim, and The Witcher 2.

squiz
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Dark Souls is great but VERY hard, and not necessarily graphically intensive. You need a patch to run it in high rez.

I'd highly recommend Dark Souls, Skyrim, and The Witcher 2.
seconded

currently running an i5/hd7850, the graphics in witcher 2 are amazing and will put your pc to the test. skyrim is also great, but i swear i spend 90% of my time modding and only 10% into actual gameplay :lol

leemajors
01-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Wow, surprised to hear newegg is a hassle to return items with, as that wasn't my experience at all. The item I returned was a $1000 monitor that you weren't supposed to be able to return unless it was defective, but figured I'd give it a shot and ask a couple of days later when I found a different monitor elsewhere a lot cheaper and almost as good. Surprisingly they authorized the refund when I said I didn't want it anymore and it took maybe a minute and a half on the phone to get the RMA number.

Never had a problem with them either.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
seconded

currently running an i5/hd7850, the graphics in witcher 2 are amazing and will put your pc to the test. skyrim is also great, but i swear i spend 90% of my time modding and only 10% into actual gameplay :lol

The most amazing thing about W2 is that it's a Direct X9 game. It's just so heavily optimized that even top end PCs have to work to max it out.

My new rig is a dual core ivy bridge 3.3 with a 7850 2gb and I cannot run the game maxed out.

squiz
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
The most amazing thing about W2 is that it's a Direct X9 game. It's just so heavily optimized that even top end PCs have to work to max it out.

really? well shit, i just assumed it must be dx11. perhaps i'm just used to the multitude of shitty console ports we receive...

Cry Havoc
01-16-2013, 12:14 PM
really? well shit, i just assumed it must be dx11. perhaps i'm just used to the multitude of shitty console ports we receive...

It still looks and plays great, no doubt.

symple19
01-17-2013, 02:36 AM

I've never had a problem returning things with Newegg either. Won't buy my shit from anywhere else