PDA

View Full Version : That read option

Lincoln
01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Will this shit get stopped? Nfl players don't wanna maintain gap integrity and stay disciplined, they just wanna rush the passer. Rg, Wilson, kap have had success with it this year

Pelicans78
01-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Will this shit get stopped? Nfl players don't wanna maintain gap integrity and stay disciplined, they just wanna rush the passer. Rg, Wilson, kap have had success with it this year

I think defenses like the Niners and Seahawks could stop it due to their speed and discipline, but that's about it.

JamStone
01-13-2013, 12:03 AM
The risk of running it as a primary offense is that it gives way more opportunities for franchise QBs to get blown the fuck up. And once they start earning those $20 million a year franchise contracts, do owners and coaches want them to keep running that read option? Give it a couple years and if guys like RG3 and Kap continue to have success, the league and defenses will adjust. Probably implement more SS as bandits and spies, play more fast hybrid LBs who can run and cover in the 220 lbs. range. But until then, if a team has a QB that can run the read option effectively, it looks like it can have some success.

Avante
01-13-2013, 02:10 AM
It is not something with any longevity attached to it. Not unlike the ...Wildcat. It was just a fad this season that will not stick. Not that they can't have a QB on the roster just for that reason, but as far as starting QB's, forget about it lasting.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2013, 08:58 AM
It's not about players not wanting to maintain gap integrity, it's coaches like Dom Capers who have these 1-gap 3-4 schemes with one dimensional players like Clay Matthews and who run extremely feast or famine type plays with their defense.

:lol I'd say RGKnee's read option has been stopped for the time being, tbh

Creepn
01-13-2013, 10:35 AM
:lol I'd say RGKnee's read option has been stopped for the time being, tbh

Stop bullshitting yourself. Nobody stopped RG3 yet. He made gains everytime he ran. Yeah he got hurt from his own mistake but no defense stifled the run plays yet.

Chinook
01-13-2013, 10:40 AM
To me, it's like the wildcat. Well-coached defenses know how to stop it. This isn't the first time it's come to the NFL, and it won't be the last. I don't expect the Niners, Seahawks or Ravens (or Texans, if they get their swagger back) to be particularly taken aback by it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Stop bullshitting yourself. Nobody stopped RG3 yet. He made gains everytime he ran. Yeah he got hurt from his own mistake but no defense stifled the run plays yet.

Seattle did.

Creepn
01-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Seattle did.

No they didn't. Remember 14-0? It took a re-injury on his own to stop the onslaught.

Trill Clinton
01-13-2013, 11:06 AM
it won't get stopped.

monkeyballers have been using the read option forever and d coordinators still haven't figured it out.

i don't understand it. how does a d coordinator with all this experience allow a 20 something black qb play his ass like a fiddle?

then after they get finished getting ran for 4 quarters, the excuse is, "we'll figure him out in a year and put a plan together to stop him"

1 whole year to stop it? i thought monkeyballing was some shit a kid could do yet it can't be stopped.

must be two sides.

benefactor
01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
It's Dom Capers.

/discussion

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM
No they didn't. Remember 14-0? It took a re-injury on his own to stop the onslaught.

Remember the last Seattle game vs. San Francisco? They seemed to do fine stopping it then, and you can make whatever excuses you want but they're playing right now while Washington's at home because they stopped the read option. Well coached defenses that control gaps, set the edge and don't completely focus on getting into the backfield stop the read option, there just aren't very many in the current NFL because the read option only became popular this year. Give teams a full off season to study film, change their scheme and prepare their defenses, and it'll have a similar fate the Wildcat formation had after the 2008 season.

Ghazi
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
:lmao dok so mad he wrong bout dem 9ers that he starts a new chat

:lmao gonna buy a hooker w/ your $

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
You're gonna buy a hooker w/ $20 (assuming you win)....?

If $250 only gets you a handjob then I'd hate to see what $20 gets you.

:lol obsessed with me
:lol resorting to following me around ST since I blocked your creepy ass elsewhere

Ghazi
01-13-2013, 12:14 PM
:lol "creepy" for being a passionate 49ers fan

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
The reason you became a 49ers fan is pretty creepy.

BUMP
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
it won't get stopped.

monkeyballers have been using the read option forever and d coordinators still haven't figured it out.

i don't understand it. how does a d coordinator with all this experience allow a 20 something black qb play his ass like a fiddle?

then after they get finished getting ran for 4 quarters, the excuse is, "we'll figure him out in a year and put a plan together to stop him"

1 whole year to stop it? i thought monkeyballing was some shit a kid could do yet it can't be stopped.

must be two sides.

How many teams have won a superbowl with the read option?

Avante
01-13-2013, 01:06 PM

It's something new at the NFL level, honest!

BUMP
01-13-2013, 03:34 PM
It's something new at the NFL level, honest!

:lol And why is it suddenly "new" at the NFL level when college teams have been doing it much longer?

Lincoln
01-13-2013, 03:42 PM
:lol And why is it suddenly "new" at the NFL level when college teams have been doing it much longer?

The difference is the monkeys in college that can run it are shit passers like Webb and tebow. Guys like Wilson griffin and kaepernick can run it good but also make it PA and throw it effectively too. Linebackers don't know to step up or stay back. If they don't step up, it's a numbers advantage for the offense, if they step up it leaves the intermediate crossing routes open

Trill Clinton
01-13-2013, 06:51 PM
i don't know.

Lincoln
01-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Hi

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Hopefully you prematurely ejaculate again.

Idk why you celebrate an offense that destroyed RG3's knee.

Lincoln
01-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Watch the edge and they kill you up the middle

Watch the middle and they kill you with the QB vs DE

Bring down the linebackers and it's open crossing routes allday

Lincoln
01-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Hopefully you prematurely ejaculate again.

Idk why you celebrate an offense that destroyed RG3's knee.

None of his injuries were read option related tho

Lincoln
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
He got hit more in the pocket than on option plays this year

BUMP
01-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Watch the edge and they kill you up the middle

Watch the middle and they kill you with the QB vs DE

Bring down the linebackers and it's open crossing routes allday

:lol with that kind of logic, run-play action should never get stopped right?

In the NFL, there's absolutely nothing that will be unstoppable for too long.

Lincoln
01-20-2013, 06:04 PM
It's not unstoppable lol, it just causes a lot of indecision which slows down pass rushes and creates coverage mistakes

BUMP
01-20-2013, 06:06 PM
It's not unstoppable lol, it just causes a lot of indecision which slows down pass rushes and creates coverage mistakes

Will this shit get stopped?

I'm just answering the OP's question as honestly as I can. I'm just hear to talk football tbh

Floyd Pacquiao
01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
That gimmicky bullshit offense will get figured out next year. Just gotta get more film on these fucks

DJ Mbenga
01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
if im a owner i tell my gm if he is black just draft him for qb

Creepn
01-20-2013, 06:29 PM
That gimmicky bullshit offense will get figured out next year. Just gotta get more film on these fucks

They've been having film, especially with Cam Newton's ROY season moron. Lmao "film film film!" is all I ever hear from you dumb sonsofbitches.

Floyd Pacquiao
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
They've been having film, especially with Cam Newton's ROY season moron. Lmao "film film film!" is all I ever hear from you dumb sonsofbitches.

fuck you, they need more film and more time to scheme against...teams need more practice against it more... It's gonna get figured out next year faggot

Creepn
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
fuck you, they need more film and more time to scheme against...teams need more practice against it more... It's gonna get figured out next year faggot

Hey I apologize for the name calling. I agree that the defense will improve upon the option but I don't think it will be fully stopped.