PDA

View Full Version : AFC Championship: Ravens@Patriots

Pages : [1] 2 3

Chinook
01-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Will Lewis make it passed another nemesis on his way to a career-capping Superbowl birth, or will Brady's legend grow a bit more?

Next week has the answers, but I decided to get the topic started now. Gronk's injury is fresh news, and it could be a game-changer.

Who you got (although I imagine most will say Patriots)?

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
I like Baltimore to pull the upset, 30-27

Lincoln
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Ravens

Clipper Nation
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Ravens look like a team of destiny right now.... 27-23, Ravens win...

FYM
01-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Pats but going to be a tough game

irishock
01-13-2013, 10:04 PM
NE 27-24

lefty
01-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Ravens can win the game TBH

Ghazi
01-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Pats win, Ravens cover. 28-24

rayray2k8
01-13-2013, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3D050vPUE
Sundays game has so much on the line that its not even funny..

rayray2k8
01-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Goddamn. Ray Lewis could give a speech to kittens and turn them into lions. :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
:lol it's a funny world we live in where everybody loves a piece of shit, religion-preaching murderer, but most of them hate Tom Brady because of his hair cut and the fact that he promotes Uggs:lol..

:(but he screams a lot and says shit that doesn't make any sense, but he does it in the name of the Lord, tbh:(..

Ghazi
01-14-2013, 01:01 AM
can't stand lewis tbh... only rooting for the Ravens because it would be an easier opponent for the Niners.

Fpoonsie
01-14-2013, 01:02 AM
:lol it's a funny world we live in where everybody loves a piece of shit, religion-preaching murderer, but most of them hate Tom Brady because of his hair cut and the fact that he promotes Uggs:lol..

:(but he screams a lot and says shit that doesn't make any sense, but he does it in the name of the Lord, tbh:(..

ROFL. Holy shit. I actually agree w/ faggot ass Harlem for once.

gambit1990
01-14-2013, 01:03 AM
sucks gronk is gonna be out... we could really use him when we play the 9ers.

Ghazi
01-14-2013, 02:03 AM
people don't like Tom Brady cause him and Giselle are egomaniac narcissists

BUMP
01-14-2013, 02:10 AM

We're a sad society in general. Just the fact that we're so fascinated by random black men bumping into each other with tights on when none of them give two shits about any of us.

Ghazi
01-14-2013, 03:19 AM
We're a sad society in general. Just the fact that we're so fascinated by random black men bumping into each other with tights on when none of them give two shits about any of us.

Not so fast big BUMP! Sports have been a form of entertainment for thousands of years.

Chinook
01-14-2013, 06:21 AM

No sadder than living in a society where people are constantly accused of things they didn't do.

You can't deny that Ray has the respect of many players in the NFL. It's amazing how far-reaching his connections go. I don't think Brady gets that same amount of adoration from his peers. People love Ray because of the way he plays on the field, not because of how many times he mentions God. They "hate" Tom Brady for the same reason. Ray is the embodiment of the NFL that most of us grew up watching: hard hits, physically imposing your will on others, player fraternity. Brady is the embodiment of the new NFL: explosive passing at the expense of defense and the running game, disproportional protection for quarterbacks, questionable calls. Maybe it's not really fair to pin all of this change on Brady (he's not the one changing rules or letting Spygate go with just a slap on the wrist), but he has been the person who's most benefited from the new league.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-14-2013, 10:13 AM

:lmao

Clipper Nation
01-14-2013, 10:15 AM

Tbh, since Donte Stallworth is on the Pats, we're all rooting for a murderer either way :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-14-2013, 10:16 AM
No sadder than living in a society where people are constantly accused of things they didn't do.

You can't deny that Ray has the respect of many players in the NFL. It's amazing how far-reaching his connections go. I don't think Brady gets that same amount of adoration from his peers. People love Ray because of the way he plays on the field, not because of how many times he mentions God. They "hate" Tom Brady for the same reason. Ray is the embodiment of the NFL that most of us grew up watching: hard hits, physically imposing your will on others, player fraternity. Brady is the embodiment of the new NFL: explosive passing at the expense of defense and the running game, disproportional protection for quarterbacks, questionable calls. Maybe it's not really fair to pin all of this change on Brady (he's not the one changing rules or letting Spygate go with just a slap on the wrist), but he has been the person who's most benefited from the new league.
The person who campaigned for the new rules was Bill Polian because he was frustrated about getting repeatedly raped by Tom Brady's team, so this makes no sense at all.

D12
01-14-2013, 10:51 AM

:lol Harlemfag still bitter from the loss the other day
:lol Peyton mannichoke

LnGrrrR
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Not quite sure how losing a first round pick is a "slap on the wrist".

Avante
01-14-2013, 11:36 AM
The Pats are far better this season than they were last season thanks to their running game. While the Ravens were close last year they won't be this year. Pats win and cover.

Clipper Nation
01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
It seemed like a harsh punishment until Goodell went mad with power in response to Bountygate, tbh....

There was merely TALK of coaches possibly being suspended or banned for Spygate, Goodell actually did it with the Saints and suspended players too....

Clipper Nation
01-14-2013, 12:02 PM
:lol Peyton mannichoke
Trying too hard, tbh...

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-14-2013, 12:12 PM
It seemed like a harsh punishment until Goodell went mad with power in response to Bountygate, tbh....

There was merely TALK of coaches possibly being suspended or banned for Spygate, Goodell actually did it with the Saints and suspended players too....

That only happened as part of Goodell's sanctimonious concern over player safety so he could use it as ammo during the inevitable lawsuit.

Chinook
01-14-2013, 12:12 PM
The person who campaigned for the new rules was Bill Polian because he was frustrated about getting repeatedly raped by Tom Brady's team, so this makes no sense at all.

I'm sure that's what Pats fans think. Just like they think Spygate had nothing to do with their last three Superbowl wins and that Brady really does deserve every call he gets. But that's incidental. I'm not questioning the actual truth of all those claims, because we're talking about perceptions here. What's true is that most people don't agree with those assessments. So it's easy for people to root against them. Even if some of those things are because of other teams, it doesn't matter, because the Patriots benefit most from it. (You don't see Peyton raising his arms every time he gets hit like Brady used to.)

I, myself, do think the Patriots get an disproportional amount of good fortune, but I don't think that there's anything corrupt going on. I'll never forgive them (or Rex Ryan especially) for their win against Baltimore in 2007, but Atlanta has replaced them as the team I detest the most. I think Brady deserves his props, but I find it appropriate that Lewis has to go through him if he wants to retire a champion.

JoeTait75
01-14-2013, 12:14 PM

Harlem droppin' truth bombs, tbh.

Chinook
01-14-2013, 12:19 PM

To me, Spygate was so much worse than Bountygate. You caught a coach essentially cheating, and all you do is take away what was pretty much a second-rounder and give them a fine? Belichek (and Mangini and everyone else who knew about it) should've been suspended.

The Pats missed out on the chance to draft Kenny Phillips; the Saints had their season ruined.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm sure that's what Pats fans think.

No, it's not what we think, it's what actually happened. Bill Polian campaigned for rule changes because he was sick and tired of seeing Marvin Harrison get destroyed by physical coverage from Ty Law.

Also, the fact you're butthurt about their win over Baltimore in a year Baltimore would have missed the playoffs either way is pretty funny.

Chinook
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM
No, it's not what we think, it's what actually happened. Bill Polian campaigned for rule changes because he was sick and tired of seeing Marvin Harrison get destroyed by physical coverage from Ty Law.

Also, the fact you're butthurt about their win over Baltimore in a year Baltimore would have missed the playoffs either way is pretty funny.

It's not that the Pats won; it's how they won: those crappy officials that let Ryan call a timeout, even though he wasn't allowed to do so. It was like playing Madden with someone and reaching over to their controller and pressing the timeout button when they're trying to run out the clock.

I'll say this though: That was the loss that changed that series into the rivalry (if you can call it that) it is today. Suggs threw a tantrum over the PI call that gave the Pats a chance at the winning score. At the time it seemed childish (and it was), but Suggs has really upped his game since that day. That 2010 playoff game showed that. That game, along with Harbaugh and Flacco, is the driving force behind the recent playoff runs.

And I don't mean the coverage rules, as it seems like the league has adjusted to that all right and defenders are able to be aggressive again. I mean roughing calls and stuff like that. You can't say that the expansion of the roughing calls to hits below the knees isn't the result of Brady's injury. (Speaking of which, is that still a rule? I could've sworn I've seen QBs get hit below the knees several time this season.)

LnGrrrR
01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
To me, Spygate was so much worse than Bountygate. You caught a coach essentially cheating, and all you do is take away what was pretty much a second-rounder and give them a fine? Belichek (and Mangini and everyone else who knew about it) should've been suspended.

The Pats missed out on the chance to draft Kenny Phillips; the Saints had their season ruined.

Essentially cheating :lol

Even though if he had paid someone to videotape from the stands, it would've been perfectly legal.

LnGrrrR
01-14-2013, 06:36 PM
:cry :cry "Obviously the Pats were winning only due to Spygate; look at how they blew out their opponents in 2001, 2003 and 2004, and look how they got blown out after the Spygate scandal came out!" :cry :cry

monosylab1k
01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
:lol funny how righteous people get over Spygate, even though there is only evidence of the Patriots taping signals in one game. There was never any conclusive evidence they cheated in any other games, and of course the Rams walkthrough video turned out to be a complete lie by Matt Walsh. Even so, nobody looks at the facts and just assumes the Patriots have cheated every game of the Belichick era.

Meanwhile the Bountygate scandal turns out to have alot of the same inconclusive evidence, hearsay, and blatant lies, but this time around everybody defends the Saints.

monosylab1k
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
:cry :cry "Obviously the Pats were winning only due to Spygate; look at how they blew out their opponents in 2001, 2003 and 2004, and look how they got blown out after the Spygate scandal came out!" :cry :cry

No SB wins since Spygate! Clearly they cheated, now they play fair and can't win a title! The fact that they were one fluke catch from a title, and one fluke drop from another one, is irrelevant! Welker only catches that pass if the Patriots are taping signals!!!!!!

Chinook
01-14-2013, 06:59 PM
LnGrrrR and monosylab1k I don't want to come off as antagonistic to Pats fans. I don't think they cheated. But that perception is out there, and that's why so many people root against them. There are things that Belichick does that turn people off. The way Brady calls for flags turns people off. These are football things; they're not decade-old rumors that get recycled as truth baselessly. It's obvious why Brady is not a celebrated as Lewis when you're not looking at Wikipedia to remember things that happened forever ago.

Chinook
01-14-2013, 06:59 PM
No SB wins since Spygate! Clearly they cheated, now they play fair and can't win a title! The fact that they were one fluke catch from a title, and one fluke drop from another one, is irrelevant! Welker only catches that pass if the Patriots are taping signals!!!!!!

And a dropped pass and missed kick from not even being in the Superbowl. :depressed

LnGrrrR
01-14-2013, 07:17 PM
And a dropped pass and missed kick from not even being in the Superbowl. :depressed

Thanks for proving our point. :D

Clipper Nation
01-14-2013, 07:23 PM
:lol funny how righteous people get over Spygate, even though there is only evidence of the Patriots taping signals in one game.
Wrong, Matt Walsh sent tapes from eight games from 2000-2002 to the league office....

There was never any conclusive evidence they cheated in any other games, and of course the Rams walkthrough video turned out to be a complete lie by Matt Walsh.
IIRC, that was more of a fabrication than a complete lie.... it eventually came out that he had set up all the equipment to tape the walkthrough, but the camera's battery ran out before he could record anything....

monosylab1k
01-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Wrong, Matt Walsh sent tapes from eight games from 2000-2002 to the league office....

IIRC, that was more of a fabrication than a complete lie.... it eventually came out that he had set up all the equipment to tape the walkthrough, but the camera's battery ran out before he could record anything....

Matt Walsh's credibility is already destroyed, anything he claimed is utter bullshit.

And having tapes means nothing. It wasn't illegal to possess tapes. It was illegal to put someone on the sidelines in games taping signals. As I already said, there is only evidence the Patriots cheated in one game, the 2007 season opener against the Jets. Everything else is inconclusive and unconfirmed by anyone.

Funny how everyone was up in arms over Vilma being suspended over inconclusive and fabricated evidence, but are quick to use that same sort of inconclusive evidence to condemn the Patriots in games other than the only one they were actually caught cheating in.

lefty
01-14-2013, 11:41 PM

Yeah its a well known fact that spying injures players

Chinook
01-15-2013, 07:15 AM
Yeah its a well known fact that spying injures players

It's not worse in a complete sense. Bountygate was illegal in the real world (and it's certainly a lot more vile) but it was a gray area in football. That's why it was hard for Goodell to punish players for what happened.

Spygate is only about the game, and so a proper punishment should have been a lot easier to institute. Even though Pats fans point out that there wasn't really concrete evidence that the Patriots cheated consistently or that the filming even made a difference in games, it's pretty standard stuff that those who break the rules aren't allowed to play.

It's like looking over someone's shoulder while testing and only having to play 20 bucks if you get caught. Sure, the answers may not have helped you, and you may have only done it once, but in real world you'd get an F on that test. That's why I though suspensions were obviously warranted in Spygate. I thought expulsions were warranted in Bountygate for the coaches and that the players should have really been blacklisted by their peers, provided in both cases that the league went through due process and showed substantial evidence, which was not really in case in either situation.

Pelicans78
01-15-2013, 06:45 PM
I didn't think much of Spygate.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2013, 11:45 AM
So back to the game...

IMO, Talib should be covering Boldin as he should be able to do it without help. McCourty should be helping over the top on Torrey Smith since no one in the secondary is capable of keeping up with him without help. The defense has gotten a lot better since the game against Baltimore this year and we should see it.

On offense, hopefully they're able to run the ball better against Baltimore than last time. Danny Woodhead getting injured early against Houston was huge since it made sure McDaniels wouldn't be wasting any downs on Woodhead draw plays and also it led to additional snaps for Vereen, and you'd like to think McDaniels learned his lesson not to give Woodhead 15 carries this time.

If Brady plays well, New England wins. If he plays like he did in the last AFCCG, Baltimore wins. It's that simple. Baltimore isn't gonna give another bad Brady performance away, but Brady probably won't have another AFCCG where he's attempting deep balls to Matthew Slater.

I say New England 31 Baltimore 24.

Monostradamus
01-16-2013, 01:08 PM
If Brady is sharp, I don't see why this game can't go much the same as last week's game vs. Houston. Texans have a better defense than Baltimore, and a better running game. Flacco has proven himself more than Schaub, but over the course of the season he wasn't any better. Baltimore won't just bend over and take an asspounding the way the Texans eventually folded, but the game should never really be in doubt if NE plays their A game. Then again, it's the NFL and flukey shit happens. If everything goes the way it should (which it probably won't) then Pats 34 Ravens 21.

Monostradamus
01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
It's not worse in a complete sense. Bountygate was illegal in the real world (and it's certainly a lot more vile) but it was a gray area in football. That's why it was hard for Goodell to punish players for what happened.

Spygate is only about the game, and so a proper punishment should have been a lot easier to institute. Even though Pats fans point out that there wasn't really concrete evidence that the Patriots cheated consistently or that the filming even made a difference in games, it's pretty standard stuff that those who break the rules aren't allowed to play.

It's like looking over someone's shoulder while testing and only having to play 20 bucks if you get caught. Sure, the answers may not have helped you, and you may have only done it once, but in real world you'd get an F on that test. That's why I though suspensions were obviously warranted in Spygate. I thought expulsions were warranted in Bountygate for the coaches and that the players should have really been blacklisted by their peers, provided in both cases that the league went through due process and showed substantial evidence, which was not really in case in either situation.

First off, the vast majority of broken rules in the NFL results in fines, not suspensions. Very rarely is a suspension the standard punishment. Think of how many times James Harrison had to brazenly and openly headhunt guys before he finally got suspended instead of just fined. Second, who the hell are you suspending? If you suspend Belichick I kinda get it, although again, according to standard practice in the NFL, a record breaking fine and loss of a 1st round pick is still a pretty steep penalty for being caught cheating in one game. If you wanted to suspend him for a game then I'm fine with that, have them vacate that week 1 win and make them forever be 17-2 then great, but don't act like the punishment they got for confirmed cheating in ONE game was some slap on the wrist.

Chinook
01-16-2013, 01:30 PM
So back to the game...

IMO, Talib should be covering Boldin as he should be able to do it without help. McCourty should be helping over the top on Torrey Smith since no one in the secondary is capable of keeping up with him without help. The defense has gotten a lot better since the game against Baltimore this year and we should see it.

On offense, hopefully they're able to run the ball better against Baltimore than last time. Danny Woodhead getting injured early against Houston was huge since it made sure McDaniels wouldn't be wasting any downs on Woodhead draw plays and also it led to additional snaps for Vereen, and you'd like to think McDaniels learned his lesson not to give Woodhead 15 carries this time.

If Brady plays well, New England wins. If he plays like he did in the last AFCCG, Baltimore wins. It's that simple. Baltimore isn't gonna give another bad Brady performance away, but Brady probably won't have another AFCCG where he's attempting deep balls to Matthew Slater.

I say New England 31 Baltimore 24.

Boldin is incredibly inconsistent, but if he's playing well (which is usually the case is big games), Talib's going to struggle. I used to watch him when he was with Tampa (the Bucs are #2 for me), and he wasn't very good a shutting down slot receivers. It's going to be interesting to see how physical the officials let the game be. Talib was at his best with the Bucs when he could be aggressive playing the ball due to having safety help. I haven't seen him since he was traded, so maybe he's better at that stuff now.

I think the Ravens will run a lot of 3/1/1 or 3/2/0 (I mean WR/RB/TE just in case I have that standard order messed up) in order to get Jones in the game. It would be interesting to see how the Patriots deal with two 9-routes at the same time. Is Arrington still the nickel? If so, it'll be interesting to see him on Boldin, Jones and/or Pitta/Dickson. The linebackers will be spotlighted as well.

To me, the matchup of the game as far as the Ravens' offense goes is going to be Osemele and Birk vs Wilfork. Last time these teams played, Ramon Harewood was the starting left guard. He wasn't horrible, but he and Birk weren't really strong enough to stop Wilfork. With a stronger Osemele there, I imagine the Ravens are going to try to run up the middle more than Houston did. If they succeed in getting Leach to the second level (and thus Rice getting good gains up the gut), I don't see how the Patriots can counter.

The interior pass coverage is going to be really important for the Ravens' defense. Stopping Welker, Vareen and Hernandez will be critical to giving Suggs and Kruger enough time to get to Brady. How Lewis does will be critical. Also interesting will be Graham vs Welker. Ellerbe is playing his best ball, too, and him on Vareen will be big.

I honestly think the Ravens will win this game. Their defense is playing better now than they have all year. Suggs looks poised to have a big game, and Kruger is finally able to capitalize on one-on-one matchups. The Ravens' offense is really clicking right now, and I think Flacco will make the plays he needs to again. We'll see if it's close, but I think that whoever wins will show themselves to be superior early. I don't think it will be a game of swings like the Denver games were. I'll say Ravens 28, New England 20.

Chinook
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm going to try to create a ledger of additions and subtractions for the Ravens since they played the Patriots. If a Pats fan wants to make one for their team, we might be able to get a better idea of what's changed:

Improved:
Pass Protection
Offensive Play-Calling
Return Game
Pass Rush
Run Defense

Weakened:
Tight-End Play (Dickson has fallen off, but is trying to come back)
Apparently Kick Coverage
Cornerback Play (although not by much)
Lineback Depth
Interior Line Play (It's better now than it's been recently, but Ngata is less healthy than he was in Week 3)

Chinook
01-16-2013, 01:44 PM
First off, the vast majority of broken rules in the NFL results in fines, not suspensions. Very rarely is a suspension the standard punishment. Think of how many times James Harrison had to brazenly and openly headhunt guys before he finally got suspended instead of just fined. Second, who the hell are you suspending? If you suspend Belichick I kinda get it, although again, according to standard practice in the NFL, a record breaking fine and loss of a 1st round pick is still a pretty steep penalty for being caught cheating in one game. If you wanted to suspend him for a game then I'm fine with that, have them vacate that week 1 win and make them forever be 17-2 then great, but don't act like the punishment they got for confirmed cheating in ONE game was some slap on the wrist.

Illegal hits aren't cheating in the same sense as filming practices, especially when the hits weren't illegal just a few years ago. I'm not saying Harrison isn't a piece of crap for saying that he didn't care that he was hurting people, but rather that all of that is still with in the context of the game. There's standard policy for on-the-field infractions. I actually think adding fines to it hurts the game. But whatever; they're able to afford it.

And yes, I think the Belichick, whoever filmed it, and all the coaches that used the tape should've been suspended. To me, it's the same thing as a player taking PEDs; it gives him an unfair advantage. The normal punishment for PED use is a warning, and then suspensions. I don't think a coach should get a warning, though. I think losing a first-rounder didn't really fit the "crime." The GM wasn't the one breaking the rules. I think losing picks should be reserved for things like major cap infractions or tampering.

LnGrrrR
01-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Illegal hits aren't cheating in the same sense as filming practices, especially when the hits weren't illegal just a few years ago. I'm not saying Harrison isn't a piece of crap for saying that he didn't care that he was hurting people, but rather that all of that is still with in the context of the game. There's standard policy for on-the-field infractions. I actually think adding fines to it hurts the game. But whatever; they're able to afford it.

And yes, I think the Belichick, whoever filmed it, and all the coaches that used the tape should've been suspended. To me, it's the same thing as a player taking PEDs; it gives him an unfair advantage. The normal punishment for PED use is a warning, and then suspensions. I don't think a coach should get a warning, though. I think losing a first-rounder didn't really fit the "crime." The GM wasn't the one breaking the rules. I think losing picks should be reserved for things like major cap infractions or tampering.

They weren't fined for filming practices, they were fined for filming opposing teams signals while on the sidelines. That does make a difference.

Chinook
01-16-2013, 01:57 PM
They weren't fined for filming practices, they were fined for filming opposing teams signals while on the sidelines. That does make a difference.

You're right; it does. That makes losing a first-rounder even less of a suitable punishment. It doesn't make it much better for Belichick, though.

monosylab1k
01-16-2013, 02:27 PM

So what, in your estimation, should the punishment be for taping defensive signals in one game?

monosylab1k
01-16-2013, 02:33 PM
By the way, whatever punishment you have, if it's reasonable and fitting, I would GLADLY take over losing a 1st round pick.

Chinook
01-16-2013, 02:35 PM
So what, in your estimation, should the punishment be for taping defensive signals in one game?

A suspension 1-4 games. It should be like a second PED offense. It doesn't matter if you were to take Adderall for one game only; you'd still get suspended for four if they found it in your system. But I'd also see some reason for leniency for a first-time offense for the signal taping, and I could have been persuaded to go less than four. The only way something like draft picks should come into play is if the team is warned to stop Belichick from doing it subsequently and they don't comply.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2013, 03:02 PM
A suspension 1-4 games. It should be like a second PED offense.

I think I speak for most people when I say I'd GLADLY take a 1-4 game Belichick suspension over losing a 1st round pick.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Boldin is incredibly inconsistent, but if he's playing well (which is usually the case is big games), Talib's going to struggle. I used to watch him when he was with Tampa (the Bucs are #2 for me), and he wasn't very good a shutting down slot receivers. It's going to be interesting to see how physical the officials let the game be. Talib was at his best with the Bucs when he could be aggressive playing the ball due to having safety help. I haven't seen him since he was traded, so maybe he's better at that stuff now.
His presence has completely changed the defense. Prior to trading for him, the defense had extremely vanilla play calling with soft zone coverage and 3-4 man rushes every time. They trust him in coverage and

I think the Ravens will run a lot of 3/1/1 or 3/2/0 (I mean WR/RB/TE just in case I have that standard order messed up) in order to get Jones in the game. It would be interesting to see how the Patriots deal with two 9-routes at the same time. Is Arrington still the nickel? If so, it'll be interesting to see him on Boldin, Jones and/or Pitta/Dickson. The linebackers will be spotlighted as well.
Since the Talib trade and McCourty moving to safety, the big plays they were giving up early in the year stopped happening.

To me, the matchup of the game as far as the Ravens' offense goes is going to be Osemele and Birk vs Wilfork. Last time these teams played, Ramon Harewood was the starting left guard. He wasn't horrible, but he and Birk weren't really strong enough to stop Wilfork. With a stronger Osemele there, I imagine the Ravens are going to try to run up the middle more than Houston did. If they succeed in getting Leach to the second level (and thus Rice getting good gains up the gut), I don't see how the Patriots can counter.
I agree with most of this but Wilfork was even more of a monster in the last AFCCG when it was Ben Grubbs and Birk. Stuffing up the gut runs has been the one thing New England has been consistent at on defense all year, and the Texans had probowlers at LG and C. I don't see a scenario of Rice doing much running up the gut, however I could see plenty of scenarios where Ray Rice converts several key 3rd downs as a backfield receiver who gets matched up against Brandon Spikes.

The interior pass coverage is going to be really important for the Ravens' defense. Stopping Welker, Vareen and Hernandez will be critical to giving Suggs and Kruger enough time to get to Brady. How Lewis does will be critical. Also interesting will be Graham vs Welker. Ellerbe is playing his best ball, too, and him on Vareen will be big.
Baltimore's interior pass rush worries me a lot tbh. Last year was the first time New England got good A-gap blocking because Brian Waters was just as good as anyone in the league last year at RG. I'm still not confident in Connolly and Wendell at RG and C respectively. At least it's no longer Dan Koppen at center given how much he always struggled against Ngata.

monosylab1k
01-16-2013, 03:26 PM
I think I speak for most people when I say I'd GLADLY take a 1-4 game Belichick suspension over losing a 1st round pick.

In 2007 you could suspend Belichick for the entire season and i would take that over losing a 1st rounder. Art Shell could have coached that Patriots team to a 13-3 record

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm going to try to create a ledger of additions and subtractions for the Ravens since they played the Patriots. If a Pats fan wants to make one for their team, we might be able to get a better idea of what's changed:

Improved:
Pass Protection
Offensive Play-Calling
Return Game
Pass Rush
Run Defense

Weakened:
Tight-End Play (Dickson has fallen off, but is trying to come back)
Apparently Kick Coverage
Cornerback Play (although not by much)
Lineback Depth
Interior Line Play (It's better now than it's been recently, but Ngata is less healthy than he was in Week 3)
There really isn't anything New England has gotten worse at since the Baltimore game. I might sound like a homer for saying that after that game they were 1-2 and looked like total shit. I think going from a healthy Gronk to a healthy Hernandez is a downgrade since Gronk more versatile and makes the redzone offense lethal. Chandler Jones has also hit a wall and hasn't had a sack since October. Outside of that New England has either stayed the same or improved in all areas. More than anything the play calling on both offense and defense have made strides.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-16-2013, 03:31 PM
In 2007 you could suspend Belichick for the entire season and i would take that over losing a 1st rounder. Art Shell could have coached that Patriots team to a 13-3 record

:lol I wouldn't go that far, especially given the relationship Moss and Shell had in Oakland.

Chinook
01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
His presence has completely changed the defense. Prior to trading for him, the defense had extremely vanilla play calling with soft zone coverage and 3-4 man rushes every time. They trust him in coverage and Since the Talib trade and McCourty moving to safety, the big plays they were giving up early in the year stopped happening.

It's certainly possible that Talib has bought into the Belichick and is finally fulfilling his potential. It takes a special cornerback to cover Boldin, though. He's like a runningback who can catch. If Boldin plays like he usually does when matched up against top corners, he'll have to be doubled. Talib did have an interception off Flacco when the Ravens' played the Bucs a few years ago, though, so there is a history of him doing well against Baltimore.

As far as 9-routes go, the Ravens will test the safeties all game. If Rice forces New England to commit eight to the box, it could get ugly.

I agree with most of this but Wilfork was even more of a monster in the last AFCCG when it was Ben Grubbs and Birk. Stuffing up the gut runs has been the one thing New England has been consistent at on defense all year, and the Texans had probowlers at LG and C. I don't see a scenario of Rice doing much running up the gut, however I could see plenty of scenarios where Ray Rice converts several key 3rd downs as a backfield receiver who gets matched up against Brandon Spikes.

Grubbs was hurt last season, which totally took away his strength when matched up with good tackles. Even at full strength, he's not as strong as Osemele is. Don't get me wrong, Grubbs is better right now, but I'm hoping between Osemele's strength and Birk's smarts, they can contain Wilfork. If they can get Leach a free run at a linebacker, I think Rice will be all right. He's definitely a threat in the passing game, but I think that that is such an obvious advantage that it will be game-planned for pretty well. Pitta would be a much bigger worry, in my opinion.

Baltimore's interior pass rush worries me a lot tbh. Last year was the first time New England got good A-gap blocking because Brian Waters was just as good as anyone in the league last year at RG. I'm still not confident in Connolly and Wendell at RG and C respectively. At least it's no longer Dan Koppen at center given how much he always struggled against Ngata.

If Ngata plays like he's healthy, then it's going to be really hard to stop that line. Doubling him and Suggs leaves McPhee and Kruger one-on-ones, and they're both playing their best ball right now. I am very worried about Lewis in the zone. The Ravens struggled to stop Stokley on some third downs, and it won't get any easier with Welker and Hernandez. Ellerbe did a good job on Gronk last time, but he's going to have a completely different challenge with backs. Moreno scored off him (I believe).

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Go Ravens!

I do think this is the best Pattycake team since their cheating cameras were taken away.

LnGrrrR
01-16-2013, 05:17 PM
You're right; it does. That makes losing a first-rounder even less of a suitable punishment. It doesn't make it much better for Belichick, though.

Filming practices (which would imply sneaking/subterfuge) seems much worse than filming signals (which everyone can see).

Chinook
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Filming practices (which would imply sneaking/subterfuge) seems much worse than filming signals (which everyone can see).

That's what I'm saying. The former probably would mean it was a teamwide thing, and maybe then losing draft picks are warranted. But this was something that should have just been on the heads of the people who did it. Did Belichick know (admit to knowing) it was against to rules to film signals?

LnGrrrR
01-16-2013, 06:33 PM
That's what I'm saying. The former probably would mean it was a teamwide thing, and maybe then losing draft picks are warranted. But this was something that should have just been on the heads of the people who did it. Did Belichick know (admit to knowing) it was against to rules to film signals?

Ah, I misunderstood. I'm not sure if BB ever answered; he probably knew but tried to get away with it. As Mono and DoK said, I would've been much better with a suspension than losing a draft pick.

crc21209
01-16-2013, 08:03 PM
This is going to be a damn good game. And while I respect Ray Lewis for everything he's done in the NFL, I think his ride ends Sunday. The Ravens D has stepped up when needed in big moments the past couple of weeks, but I think Brady and that offense may just be a little too much for the Ravens. That, and I think the Joe Flacco from the past couple of years who makes mistakes also shows up on Sunday. Pats 35 Ravens 21

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Ah, I misunderstood. I'm not sure if BB ever answered; he probably knew but tried to get away with it. As Mono and DoK said, I would've been much better with a suspension than losing a draft pick.
Apologized, seemed to own up but then gave some backpedaling blather.

1 Goodell:
"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

2. Belichick: "for the actions that led to tonight's ruling. Once again, I apologize to the Kraft family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the New England Patriots for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused. I also apologize to Patriots fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career,"...
Bravo, right!!?? :clap
Hold your Pattycakes.

Belicheat continues:
"As the commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week's game. We have never used sideline video to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress."

Chinook
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Brady hasn't really been good against the Ravens since the Flacco was drafted. Flacco, on the other hand, has had only one bad game against New England, and it was the Ravens' playoff blowout in 2010. I think the pressure is on the Patriots Sunday.

If the Ravens need a comeback, I think Flacco gets it done. If they're leading, it's very possible Joe gives the game away again.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Brady hasn't really been good against the Ravens since the Flacco was drafted. Flacco, on the other hand, has had only one bad game against New England, and it was the Ravens' playoff blowout in 2010. I think the pressure is on the Patriots Sunday.

You also said Houston "should be able to" win against New England last week. Your bias is as obvious as hell.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
You also said Houston "should be able to" win against New England last week. Your bias is as obvious as hell.

I should clarify: When I say, "Brady hasn't been good," I mean that he hasn't put up good numbers. That's not a biased claim.

121/195, 1278 Yards, 5 TD, 8 INT
62.1%, 6.6 Y/A, 256 Y/G, 72.6 QB Rating

Those are Brady's stats against the Ravens since Flacco was drafted.

108/167, 1271 Yards, 9 TD, 4 INT
64.7%, 7.6 Y/A, 254 Y/G, 95.7 QB Rating

Those are Flacco's against Brady. His only poor game was in 2010, when he only had a QB rating of 10.0, but the Ravens didn't need him to throw. I'm not saying Brady doesn't make plays to win, because he does. He scored the go-ahead touchdown in the AFCCG last season. But he hasn't blown out the Ravens in a long time (nine years). He may make the difference again on Sunday, but he doesn't have a history of destroying Baltimore.

I believe I actually said Houston should win. My claim was stronger than you suggested. But I also said that would only happen if the Texans' defense played the way they did at the beginning of the year; they did not. I still think they did enough to win, but I had no idea that Schaub had gotten so bad. I owned up to being wrong on that, though. I do think this is a different circumstance, because I don't have to hope/assume the Ravens defense will get out of a funk. They're playing as well as they ever have this season. With the spread and being at home, with the talk of how Brady is the far-superior quarterback, I don't think it's too biased to say they have the pressure. The Ravens are motivated with the Last Ride movement, but they're still the ones playing with house money.

I don't like the Patriots -- I thought I made that clear. They're my second-least-favorite team in the league. I hope they lose most of their games. But I wouldn't pick them to lose to teams that I don't think have legitimate advantages over them in key areas. I underestimated how little focus Houston had (they still don't have the mentality of a contending team), but there's nothing absurd about picking Baltimore, even in a landslide. Statistically speaking, Flacco seems more likely to go off than Brady is.

monosylab1k
01-17-2013, 12:58 PM
What leads you to believe Baltimore is really that good right now? They faded badly down the stretch, and their two playoff wins are against a Colts team that statistically rated out as the worst playoff team of all time (Bill Barnwell said statistically the 7-9 Seahawks playoff team was far better than the Colts), and then they had the luxury of going against Playoff Manning (and still needed a miracle to win). An argument could easily be made that the Ravens are a very average team that fluked their way here.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 01:20 PM
What leads you to believe Baltimore is really that good right now? They faded badly down the stretch, and their two playoff wins are against a Colts team that statistically rated out as the worst playoff team of all time (Bill Barnwell said statistically the 7-9 Seahawks playoff team was far better than the Colts), and then they had the luxury of going against Playoff Manning (and still needed a miracle to win). An argument could easily be made that the Ravens are a very average team that fluked their way here.

The Pats have a history of losing to "fluky" teams in the recent post-seasons (Giants twice, Jets in 2011, Ravens three years ago), so that factor may actually help the Ravens. The Patriots don't actually do that well when they're that heavily favored.

There's nothing flukey about Flacco beating Denver's defense or the Ravens' defense not allowing long completions in recent games (not counting the Bengals game, but still they didn't give up much). I don't know that the Patriots would have beaten the Broncos last week. I think most people who believe they would look at what happened and say, "If the Ravens beat them, then of course the Patriots will."

Baltimore's pass rush has looked real the last three competitive games. Suggs played well for the first time this year, and Ngata didn't look as gimpy as he was throughout most of the season. I was really impressed with their defensive adjustments in the second half last week, and I really do think the Lewis pushes the defense to the next level. Ed Reed even played his assignment for once.

On offense, Flacco had two good games in a row, and one was on the road. He's always the X-factor; if he plays like a franchise quarterback, the Ravens are pretty much unstoppable. He also got lucky that some interceptions were missed, but he didn't let bad throws faze him. He also has a history to stepping up under pressure. The offensive line is a lot better than it was in Week 3 as well. It's very possible that Baltimore has success in running between the tackles this time.

In reality, the Ravens are a playoff team. They played poorly for a good stretch at the end, but they've come alive on both sides of the ball. Changing coordinators has helped, I think. Pees isn't as good as Pagano, but he should be able to make a good game plan this week. Caldwell has been a pleasant surprise, too. Having him means that the Ravens are harder to gameplan for.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 01:21 PM
And even you have to admit that if everyone plays their assignments perfectly, the Ravens win by seven instead of three.

Raven
01-17-2013, 01:26 PM
tbh i feel a lot more confident against the ravens than i was against houston, while i noticed before the playoffs that the ravens could make some noise, i think that a D that looks as it has ever been since i can remember and the already illegal offense, is just too much for anyone right now. Not saying we will win or betting anything, just feeling very confident.

Neo.
01-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I would probably pick the Pats to win this, but the Ravens just seem like a team of destiny or something. Too much weird, fluky stuff is happening for them, and usually when that is happening for a team, they are going to find a way to unexpectedly win it all. See 2001 Pats, 2005 Steelers, 2008 Giants.

Ravens 24
Pats 20

LnGrrrR
01-17-2013, 01:42 PM
I would probably pick the Pats to win this, but the Ravens just seem like a team of destiny or something. Too much weird, fluky stuff is happening for them, and usually when that is happening for a team, they are going to find a way to unexpectedly win it all. See 2001 Pats, 2005 Steelers, 2008 Giants.

Ravens 24
Pats 20

Tbh, I thought Pats were a team of dynasty, what with the "revenge tour" going on. That didn't pan out though.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Tbh, I thought Pats were a team of dynasty, what with the "revenge tour" going on. That didn't pan out though.

I don't remember that time. What year was that?

LnGrrrR
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't remember that time. What year was that?

Last year.

First team - Denver Broncos, the first team to knock Brady out of the playoffs.
Second team - Baltimore Ravens, the first team to beat us at Gilette Stadium in the playoffs
Third team - New York Giants.... obvious

Chinook
01-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Oh, okay. I guess I didn't realize that because I don't know many Pats fans. Thanks.

Arcadian
01-17-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm going for the Ravens. AFC North represent.

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm going for the Ravens. AFC North represent.

You definitely ain't a yinzer then:lol

Mal
01-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Patriots. Easy. Flaco wont have another great offensive game.

Fabbs
01-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Pattycake pattycake baker man.
How does Ray Lewis arse taste?

BUMP
01-20-2013, 11:11 AM

Are you as interested in watching little boys prance around in gladiator outfits as I?

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-20-2013, 11:16 AM

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 11:51 AM

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/BRANDON-SPIKES-FUMBLE-DANCE.gif

timvp
01-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Come on Ray Ray, murder dem fools.

Get it?

thunderup
01-20-2013, 06:11 PM
:lol

LakerHater
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Harbaugh bowl comming up!

thunderup
01-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Expecting the Patriots to host a bloodbath of epic proportions.

JingleJangleJingle
01-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Ravens blew their load against the Broncos...don't see them beating the Pats unless Ray Lewis shanks Tom Brady's Spleen in the first half.

Chinook
01-20-2013, 06:31 PM
What are the odds that a Ray Rice run off left tackle is the first play for the Ravens' offense?

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 06:32 PM
What are the odds that a Ray Rice run off left tackle is the first play for the Ravens' offense?

Maybe, but i see Baltimore challenging NE's secondary right away. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple deep balls real quick.

Chinook
01-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Maybe, but i see Baltimore challenging NE's secondary right away. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple deep balls real quick.

Yeah. I hope they do the run though. It would be good to try to start off like 2010 and not last year.

phxspurfan
01-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Pats-9ers SB with 9ers in a rout...why watch CBS

jeebus
01-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Ray Lewis crying because he hasn't stabbed someone in a while. :cry

resistanze
oh wow.

phxspurfan
(except for the VS Fashion Show)

Technique
I swear Ray Lewis is on fucking drugs.

DJ Mbenga
ray rice has to beast, othewise its over quickly

Pelicans78
01-20-2013, 06:40 PM
I swear Ray Lewis is on fucking drugs.

Just PEDs.

Raven
Ray Lewis crying because he hasn't stabbed someone in a while. :cry

thunderup
So much emotion from Ray Lewis.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Goddamn Ray is such a fucking phony piece of shit

Trill Clinton
01-20-2013, 06:44 PM
gotdayum welker

thunderup
01-20-2013, 06:45 PM
:lmao welker

DJ Mbenga
pats going all in with the gimmicks

Strategic

The Pats missed out on the chance to draft Kenny Phillips; the Saints had their season ruined.One team was penalized for what they did and the other team was penalized for getting caught?

thunderup
Bellicheat and the cheatriots trying to throw the d offsides :lol

Chinook
Point to Belichick.

Pelicans78
Welker is a fuckin POS.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 06:47 PM
pats going all in with the gimmicks

Good strategy imho. Ray Lewis' "win it all for me :cry" gimmick gives them a boost. Best way to fight it is to mindfuck them. Gimmick vs gimmick imho

Chinook
01-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Right tackle run, but still.

chunticakes
01-20-2013, 06:49 PM

rt tackle.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 06:49 PM
THAT nigga Brandon Spikes

chunticakes
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
lol pollard's like chill nigga or i'll take your acls.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Overconservative playcalling = Ravens f:lolcked

Trill Clinton
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
lol@ caldwell

benefactor
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Ravens may channel their inner Texans on this one.

DJ Mbenga
01-20-2013, 06:55 PM
i guess caldwell never called the plays he just gave manning a list and let him decide

benefactor
01-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Ravens are going to get an ass pounding if they keep giving Brady that much time.

DJ Mbenga
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
the hurry up gimmick working. might face a option gimmick

thunderup
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Overconservative playcalling = Ravens f:lolcked
They need to allow Flacco to throw the deep ball. Challenge that weak secondary

DJ Mbenga
01-20-2013, 06:59 PM
ravens gonna try bend but not break defense

symple19
01-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Big stop by the Ravens

Chinook
01-20-2013, 07:00 PM
I like that they hit Brady a couple of times. Those shots start to take their toll as the game goes one.

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:02 PM
Ravens are going to get an ass pounding if they keep giving Brady that much time.

Yep. They're lucky that its only 3-0. Brady missed a couple throws.
Ravens D looks a little awestruck already. Hopefully they settle in and start dictating instead of reacting so much.

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2013, 07:02 PM
I got a chub when that chick straddled the alligator

symple19
01-20-2013, 07:06 PM
Boldin isn't the guy you want to be throwing streak routes to

Chinook
01-20-2013, 07:08 PM
That was awful holding and no call on that punt.

resistanze
01-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Enjoyed watching Welker flying a little too much

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 07:09 PM
If Talib is hurt we're fucked

manufan10
01-20-2013, 07:11 PM
If Talib is hurt we're fucked

Headed to the locker room.

manufan10
01-20-2013, 07:12 PM
I hate that call.

Chinook
01-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Hernandez made that helmet-to-helmet.

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Ravens gotta get Rice going and flip the field position.

Clipper Nation
What a pussy-ass league the NFL has become... Roger Goodell hates defenses so much that defensive players get flagged when OFFENSIVE players initiate helmet-to-helmet contact...

symple19
I go for it there if I'm hoodie

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Gotta catch that Dixon.

benefactor
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Flacco back to being Flacco

Clipper Nation
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
@shalisemyoung (https://twitter.com/shalisemyoung)
Kyle Love is questionable to return with a knee injury

symple19
01-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Not an encouraging start for the Ravens offensively

Trill Clinton
01-20-2013, 07:19 PM
the pats o line:worthy:

Nathan89
01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
:sleep

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 07:21 PM
New England is dominating and it's only 3-0. We're ginna lose

Chinook
I like to see Williams stepping up.

Raven
damn those fucking injuries

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 07:22 PM
An interesting quarter... Don't think anything's settled yet, but seeing Love and Talib go out worries me.

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Man, that would've been awesome if Mayo could've fallen on that.

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2013, 07:24 PM
wake up Flacco you stupid-face bastard

manufan10
01-20-2013, 07:26 PM

LnGrrrR
Wondering when Pats are going to get some penetration.

jeebus
:sleep

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Joe Flacco and Chad Henne are the only QB's I know of that make short and intermediate throws look so difficult

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Even if Baltimore punts from the 40 this drive would be a success.

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Hre we go. Finally some offense.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Fuck me

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM
I wasn't able to watch any of the first quarter, because I was downtown. I start watching and Baltimore is likely to get a TD. If Pats aren't up at the half, I'm going back to the radio.

DPG21920
01-20-2013, 07:31 PM
What a great drive. Those last couple runs by Rice :wow

Raven
love injured and ravens getting rice going..

DeadlyDynasty
Ray Rice loves him some Gillette

symple19
Ray Rice doing his thing

Chinook
Here we go. Need a stop, though. I hope the defense got some rest.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 07:32 PM
If brady fucks up any more easy throws i'm gonna just turn it off.

Chinook
01-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Ouch with these injuries...

Clipper Nation
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Ray Rice, bitchessss

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Chung and Talib injured? Caldwell better open up det playbook

DPG21920
01-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Ray Rice is my favorite player in the NFL tbh.

Clipper Nation

Son, his playbook seems to be like two pages with the most basic conservative plays on them :lol

mojorizen7
Ravens have to feel pretty good up 7-3.
Pats dominated 1st qtr and the field position. Pats excellent early tackling has gotten a little sloppy.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 07:36 PM

Chung hasn't played much lately. You know you suck at coverage when they bench you for a white guy :lol

Clipper Nation
01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Guess Talib's coming back in... Patsies getting desperate?

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Ray Rice is my favorite player in the NFL tbh.

Nice. I'm a closet Ravens fan tbh. Only team in the AFC i can stand watching.

LnGrrrR
:lol Ellerbee

Chinook
Here we go with the penalties.

LnGrrrR
Here we go with the penalties.

Son, that was a pretty obvious penalty.

Also, the mics are super loud on the field. :lol

DPG21920
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Nice. I'm a closet Ravens fan tbh. Only team in the AFC i can stand watching.

I typically don't like watching the Ravens play (other than Rice) but with Flacco's improvement and Torrey Smith coming into his own, they have been a lot more enjoyable. But Ray Lewis annoys the crap out of me.

benefactor
01-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Nice audible there by Brady

timvp
Damn it, IMO.

LnGrrrR
Pats, don't get cute. Just rush it with Ridley.

DPG21920
01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Pats will go for it on fourth if they don't get it here, right?

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2013, 07:43 PM
4-down territory if they don't convert here

benefactor
Wasted play on first down cost them

symple19
Reed could have hit him if he wanted. Probably smart to lay up, though

DPG21920
Welker sh*tting on Mono

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Good playcall. I was pissed when I saw Brady in the empty backfield; good thing they motioned Woodhead in.

symple19
:lol awkward high 5's in the richer box

nice hookup between Welker and Brady

Raven
uhh thank god they made that td, it could have gotten really really ugly

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:45 PM
How the Ravens secondary aren't prepared for that Welker goalline cross up i have no idea.
Pathetic.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Welker sh*tting on Mono

Would be 17-7 or 21-7 if their #1 option was healthy tbh

Chinook
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Jones should have let that kick go.

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Wilfork is such a beast :lol

benefactor
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Jones should have let that kick go.
He's your problem now.

DPG21920
Keep the tempo up, don't be so stubborn trying to just run, get the ball into Ray's hands/Pierce's hands on creative flat throws too. Let Flacco throw it down field.

DeadlyDynasty
Wilfork is such a beast :lolfrom?

mojorizen7
Wilfork is such a beast :lol

Yep. He wrecked that play.

Raven
01-20-2013, 07:51 PM
bad punt

symple19
01-20-2013, 07:52 PM
from?

Tha U!

benefactor
01-20-2013, 07:52 PM
He's your problem now.
And he immediately falls down on his route causing a punt. Boom.

Clipper Nation
01-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Blowout starts now, tbh.... no way San Fran's beating these faggots either...

Chinook
01-20-2013, 07:53 PM
And he immediately falls down on his route causing a punt. Boom.

The Ravens wouldn't be here without him. I'll take that play.

benefactor
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM
He did good things in Houston too...until he started dropping passes and muffing kicks in the playoffs. Enjoy.

DeadlyDynasty
01-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Please hold them to 3

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Fucking stupid official.

DeadlyDynasty
ref sack:lol

benefactor
lol ref making the tackle

resistanze
:lol Brady

DPG21920
Fucking stupid official.

symple19
:lmao at the official

Chinook
Brady tried to use the ref like a punk and got what he deserved.

ffadicted
01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
LMAO brady owned by ref

benefactor
Great call

DPG21920
Love the Pats and their aggressiveness. Too many losers in the NFL.

symple19
Fucking great call...

monosylab1k
:cry Ray Lewis willed that ref into stopping Brady

benefactor
Love the Pats and their aggressiveness. Too many losers in the NFL.
:depressed

LnGrrrR
Brady tried to use the ref like a punk and get what he deserved.

:lol What? Give me a break. It's cool if you're biased, but not if it makes you look like an idiot. I know the ref didn't mean to get in his way, but I would've liked for him to be anywhere but there. At least they made the first down.

mojorizen7
01-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Brady tried to use the ref like a punk and get what he deserved.
Brady is the only QB in the NFL that an official will help up off the turf when he gets knocked down.

Chinook
:lol What? Give me a break. It's cool if you're biased, but not if it makes you look like an idiot. I know the ref didn't mean to get in his way, but I would've liked for him to be anywhere but there. At least they made the first down.

The ref didn't mean to. Brady meant to use him as a shield like they do with Welker.

DPG21920

Pot.Kettle. The ref was in position and did nothing wrong. You saying "stupid ref" was silly IMO.

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 08:01 PM
The ref didn't mean to. Brady meant to use him as a shield like they do with Welker.

:lol Right, right. I'm sure he would've tried to use the ref as a shield, instead of just picking up the first down and sliding.

DPG21920
Great throw on the move there. I've seen this before when I watch the Chargers.

benefactor
Watching Brady make me hate Schaub even more

Chinook
:lol Right, right. I'm sure he would've tried to use the ref as a shield, instead of just picking up the first down and sliding.

It happens all the time with runners and their blockers.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 08:02 PM

:lmao fuck off with that shit. Brady was trying to make a move on the guy directly in front of him. The ref just happened to be in the way.

LnGrrrR
Pot.Kettle. The ref was in position and did nothing wrong. You saying "stupid ref" was silly IMO.

The ref did nothing wrong, but he certainly didn't do anything right either. :lol

Why the fuck didn't they call the timeout there? That was dumb.

DPG21920
What a dirty slide lmao. He went in cleats up and purposely kickedhim.

symple19
dumb, shoulda called time

resistanze
01-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Brady taking out Reed :lol

ffadicted
lmao @ that slide

Clipper Nation
Some dirty-ass shit from Brady, tbh...

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Ravens only down by 6, still anyone's game. Pats should've called a TO there and taken a shot at the end zone.

And no, I won't defend that slide. :lol

symple19
That shit was dirty as hell after looking at the replay... :lol

He really was trying to spike him

Where's the red card?!

monosylab1k
What a dirty slide lmao. He went in cleats up and purposely kickedhim.

Reed with the dirty stepping on his throwing shoulder goods right after that. Tit for tat imho

chunticakes
lol dat slide

LakerHater
01-20-2013, 08:05 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/720490180.gif?key=500274&Expires=1358730969&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=gFu0doBatiZDvQRkweEjPxPdK-bcRp8m~a91V17TMno3w9GXHE9idMXpxZx7DNPOI8QeiW~ePt8n DoU2N9KHCenvOy-EnwiP5K4JOCCAPV3jL9JspuizDBz4tANCI0wH7nVB2M48jpCwG 5V7cutYS2NWRX-CxAiNRgdDpC32j8I_

symple19
01-20-2013, 08:05 PM
We'll see if Reed remembers that next time he comes on a blitz :lol

Chinook
01-20-2013, 08:06 PM
:lmao fuck off with that shit. Brady was trying to make a move on the guy directly in front of him. The ref just happened to be in the way.

That's the bias that Pats fans have right there. Everyone knows the Patriots like to use officials as unofficial blockers. It's not illegal, and it's often something for which they get praised. But it's still kind of punkish (I don't mean that harshly), because it endangers the refs needlessly. It looks like that's what Brady was doing there.

Ghazi
01-20-2013, 08:06 PM
:lmao at DoK criticizing Kap's clock management and then Brady just pulled off this total clusterfuck

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
That's the bias that Pats fans have right there. Everyone knows the Patriots like to use officials as unofficial blockers. It's not illegal, and it's often something for which they get praised. But it's still kind of punkish (I don't mean that harshly), because it endangers the refs needlessly. It looks like that's what Brady was doing there.

Yeah, that's why Brady fell down instead of hiding behind the ref.

DPG21920
01-20-2013, 08:07 PM
That shit was dirty as hell after looking at the replay... :lol

He really was trying to spike him

Where's the red card?!

Raven
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
bill is a fucking genious, that 4th down was a gem :lol... unfortunately when he has those days, we we lose quite a lot of times..

DPG21920
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM

That gif certainly looks like Brady picked the ref out and ran right towards him. Was not a straight line.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM

:lol wow. I don't even need to say anything. "Don't be biased! Now accept all this biased bullshit!"

jeebus
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
:cry Ray Lewis willed that ref into stopping Brady

http://cjzero.com/gifs/RayThankYouFather.gif

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 08:10 PM
That gif certainly looks like Brady picked the ref out and ran right towards him. Was not a straight line.

Yeah because we all know the best way to avoid a defender directly in front of you is to run straight ahead.

Chinook
01-20-2013, 08:10 PM

The ref didn't move the way he wanted him to. From that gif angle, it looks like he just ran into him. But in the replay, you can see Brady put that blocker-guiding hand on him. It may not have been his first intention, but he did try to move the ref in front of the defender at the end.

monosylab1k
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
:lmao the walter payton award trophy is horrible looking

LnGrrrR
01-20-2013, 08:13 PM

Because if he ran in a straight line, he would've run into the defender that was straight in front of him :lol

Chinook
01-20-2013, 08:14 PM
:lol wow. I don't even need to say anything. "Don't be biased! Now accept all this biased bullshit!"

That's not biased. They say it on broadcasts all the time. Just because you don't believe they do that doesn't mean that it's biased to say they do. Unless you think there's a general anti-Patriots bias in the media, which would be about the most absurd claim anyone could make.

And no one is saying not to be biased. I assume you love your team and all. But that doesn't mean that everyone else's opinion is somehow tainted because they root for a different team.