PDA

View Full Version : Are we favorites with this trade

mfanatic
01-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Who says no? And would both teams do it?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=adwonzr

Tony/Neal
Green/Manu
Leonard/Beasley
Duncan/Diaw
Gortat/Splitter

Leetonidas
01-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Splitter > Gortat imo

Beasley sucks. So no. The Lakers should tell you plugging in big names doesn't make a team better

Dex
01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
As long as OKC has Durant and Miami has Lebron, then no...we will not be favorites.

Ceiling for this team is contender, but not favorite. More realistic expectation is probably dark-horse.

Richie
01-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Why do people keep proposing trades in which teams bend over and take it up the ass from us? Why would the Suns give up a very useful piece in Gortat for trash like Bonner and an expiring contract?

Gortat would be very sought after if he was on the trade block, the Suns could likely get at least a late lottery pick for him.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
No. Gortat would represent an upgrade over Blair/Bonner in most situations but Beasley would be destined for Pop's doghouse. Sarver's always looking to shed salary, but I don't think RC would pick up that kind of $$$ in a trade for a couple of subs.

Cry Havoc
01-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Why would Phoenix even consider that?

phxspurfan
01-14-2013, 02:36 PM
The Suns are too high on Gortat to let him go for nothing.

hater
01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
beasley still in the league?

Mel_13
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
beasley still in the league?

And being vastly overpaid by the Suns. If they want to get rid of him, they're going to have to attach a real asset. Gortat is too much, but the Phoenix FO is pretty bad and the underlying notion of the deal isn't all that far-fetched.

admiralsnackbar
01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Cool thread.

td4mvp2k
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Why would Phoenix even consider that?They wouldnt.

Mal
01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
The Suns are too high on Gortat to let him go for nothing.

Didnt Gortat said that he wouldnt resign with PHX before hitting FA ?

Mel_13
01-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Didnt Gortat said that he wouldnt resign with PHX before hitting FA ?

No, he said he wasn't interested in negotiating an extension right now. He's signed through the end of next season. When you look at the amount of money/years he can get in an extension (he's on an MLE contract), it's extremely likely that he will go to free agency to get the best possible deal.

Chinook
01-14-2013, 05:27 PM
And being vastly overpaid by the Suns. If they want to get rid of him, they're going to have to attach a real asset. Gortat is too much, but the Phoenix FO is pretty bad and the underlying notion of the deal isn't all that far-fetched.

I think Beasley is still movable. His contract is bad for a player that's fallen out of favor with his team for sure, but it's really just a little more than the full MLE. It's possible to Phoenix to take back an even worse contract (they have the room to absorb a pretty big difference) while sending his out and actually get an asset back. Maybe they have interest in Bargnani?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bzzqzvp

(I know Toronto is rumored to be after Gay and not Randolph. I thought it would be redundant to have a team get back two small-forwards on high-paying long-term deals, though.)

Toronto gets an upgrade at the four while getting rid of Barg's contract. They also get in an intriguing player in Wroten. In return they give up two really good assets in Ross and Davis and take back Beasley's deal. They also have to give up Lowery, for whom they've traded a lottery pick already. That's a lot of assets, but the Raps seem hell-bent on making a big move, and that's a fair cost.

Phoenix takes back a long-term deal for a low-value player, while they also give up super-efficient Jared Dudley. But they get their young scoring wing in Ross while getting back a stretch-four to finally offset the loss of Frye. They also jettison Beasley while not giving up any picks. This is a good deal for them.

Memphis gets their man in Dudley, get under the tax by a good margin, get a good backup for Conley, and even get back a big with loads of potential in Davis. All without having to give up only Wroten (who doesn't really fit after this trade, anyway). I think the deal makes tons of sense for them (especially when you look at Hollinger's math). More trades would happen to move Bayless and another big, but Memphis could be set up for a good future from this deal.

Drachen
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
As long as OKC has Durant and Miami has Lebron, then no...we will not be favorites.

Ceiling for this team is contender, but not favorite. More realistic expectation is probably dark-horse.

The spurs are far too well known to be a dark horse. They are a full contender, just not a favorite.

exstatic
01-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Tony/Neal
Green/Manu
Leonard/Beasley
Duncan/Diaw
Gortat/Splitter

Beasley is horrible. I literally wouldn't take him at no player or draft pick cost, playing for free.

Poolboy5623
01-14-2013, 09:13 PM
The spurs a darkhorse?? What, ~15 years in a row making the playoffs...4 titles and a year removed from being up 2-0 in the wcf?? That's like saying the patriots are a darkhorse in this years nfl playoffs! Come on man! Regarding the thread, the spurs are going to have a hard time finding anyone to take Bonner(or Blair even)...I just don't see it.

cd021
01-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Beasley...No.

JonNOKC
01-14-2013, 11:15 PM
If PHX is hell bent on moving Beasley they will have to either package an asset such as Gortat, settle for scrubs that het them cap space, or take back someone else's Beasley (like the Bargain trade idea) or some combo of the three- if Spurs had interest they might be able to make a trade like the one mentioned by OP but I think we would have to include Neal and probably a pick to make PHX bite. Beasley has potential, he's a proven scorer and good small ball 4 option. If he completely bought in to coming off the bench he would benefit in a system like the spurs where he would get the ball in spots where he can be more efficient scorer and not have to create for himself too much

spurraider21
01-15-2013, 04:00 AM
yeah, because phoenix is just gna give gortat lol

chazley
01-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Spurs can find a better trade than that, I believe. Taking on Beasley's contract is just too much, even though I love the potential of Marcin Gortat in a Spurs uniform.

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2013, 04:57 AM
any trade that involves gettin rid of the heroes on the team is a win situation for the spurs...

chazley
01-15-2013, 05:09 AM
How about this?

We know Danny Ferry loves Danny Green.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8r9ans

McGusto55
01-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Man that ass.....is nice.....

look_at_g_shred
01-15-2013, 01:13 PM
How about this?

We know Danny Ferry loves Danny Green.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8r9ans

Horrible Trade.

look_at_g_shred
01-15-2013, 01:18 PM

Tony/Neal
Green/Manu
Leonard/Beasley
Duncan/Diaw
Gortat/Splitter

I think this is more likely. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b7wt7o5

chazley
01-15-2013, 07:16 PM
edit

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Beasley!? :rolleyes :oops :lmao

/thread

HarlemHeat37
01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Gortat is one of the most overrated players in the NBA, tbh..Beasley is arguably the most cancerous player in the NBA, tbh..

This trade wouldn't make the Spurs legit contenders, in fact, it probably makes them worse, tbh..

aal04
01-17-2013, 05:49 AM
over 100 games of chit splitter, and he finally comes good. I used to hate on the guy, but hes worth keeping now imo. Not only that but hes our C and we are weak inside