PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue

I. Hustle
01-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Any of you used them before? I am trying to cut some costs here and there when I hit up San Fran so I can use that money on taking the wifey out while there.

I'd like to make it there alive though and at least somewhat comfortably. I mean I'm cool with being a little cramped I just don't want to be holding chickens and listening to Cambodian women selling gum and trinkets.

Soul_Patch
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
They are pretty big on the east coast and in the Caribbean. Good friend of mine is a pilot. He lives here in SA but flies out of NYC, stops in Orlando, San Juan, then St. Thomas. Stays the night there and flies back the same route I believe.

He always gives us the hook ups on cheap flights.

CosmicCowboy
01-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I have had good luck with them. Usually have the cheapest prices to LA and they had the best price when I went to Hawaii last summer. Also usually have the cheapest price from SA to Ft. Lauderdale when we go fishing. Seating/Service comparable to other airlines.

I. Hustle
01-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Cool, I think I'll step my game up on the hotel then. Not to mention whatever we do while there.

JudynTX
01-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Are you gonna go to Alcatraz?

I. Hustle
01-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Are you gonna go to Alcatraz?

I don't know. I want to and oddly enough the wife seemed interested in going. I know for sure I have to go to Ghiradelli or however you spell it and some park that you guys told me about that I thought was a setup. I thought I was being setup to go to a park like Zilker park in Austin (Where gheys go to bang each other after dark).

JudynTX
01-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Are you gonna go to the medical marijuana dispenceries?

clambake
01-14-2013, 02:13 PM
if you want to go to alcatraz you better book it now!

mrsmaalox
01-14-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't know. I want to and oddly enough the wife seemed interested in going. I know for sure I have to go to Ghiradelli or however you spell it and some park that you guys told me about that I thought was a setup. I thought I was being setup to go to a park like Zilker park in Austin (Where gheys go to bang each other after dark).

Yes. That is where you will buy me those dark chocolate sea salt and caramel squares.

I. Hustle
01-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Yes. That is where you will buy me those dark chocolate sea salt and caramel squares.

I saw those at Walmart (no brokeo) the other day. Are they better from that place? Fresher or something?

cantthinkofanything
01-14-2013, 04:08 PM
I saw those at Walmart (no brokeo) the other day. Are they better from that place? Fresher or something?

fast cars and spaghetti libido

Wild Cobra
01-14-2013, 04:53 PM
It's better when it's fresh from the factory.

Wild Cobra
01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
You should try the dark chocolate salted caramels if you are ever in Portland from the Candy Basket. They make the stuff on location. It's just a short drive from where I live.

http://images.atlasobscura.com/2012/12/10/13/27/30/608/file (http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/chocolate-waterfall)

Located directly inside the front door of the Candy Basket shop in Portland, Oregon this chocolate waterfall has been around since 1991. The twenty-one-foot towering cascade is crafted from Italian marble and sculpted bronze, and spews an astounding 2700 pounds of chocolate from top to bottom.

mrsmaalox
01-15-2013, 10:33 AM

Shopping at Ghirardelli is a much, much more fulfilling experience than Walmart.

Drachen
01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Shopping at Ghirardelli is a much, much more fulfilling experience than Walmart.

but you won't be shopping at ghirardelli.

mrsmaalox
01-15-2013, 10:49 AM
You should try the dark chocolate salted caramels if you are ever in Portland from the Candy Basket. They make the stuff on location. It's just a short drive from where I live.

I've lived in Washington, never been to Portland. But I'm starting to plan a big west coast summer vacation for my family now and will keep that place in mind!

Wild Cobra
01-15-2013, 04:58 PM
I've lived in Washington, never been to Portland. But I'm starting to plan a big west coast summer vacation for my family now and will keep that place in mind!
It's just off of I-84 on the corner of NE 181'st and San Rafael, about a 1/2 mile south of the freeway.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=45.536357,-122.476557&spn=0.004336,0.003669&t=h&z=18

It's no tourist attraction like that SF chocolate place, but they have the best chocolate candy outside of Europe in my opinion.

FkLA
01-15-2013, 07:43 PM
I flew Jet Blue on a roundtrip from Austin to Ft Lauderdale...the plane is small but the leg space is fine. The only small complaint I had was with their blue chips, my shit came out blue tbh. Other than that though its fine and usually the cheapest flight.