PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann deficates all over FuzzyLumpkins

TSA
01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
http://nation.foxnews.com/piers-morgan/2013/01/10/piers-morgans-gun-claims-already-debunked

mavs>spurs
01-14-2013, 07:36 PM
inb4 "lol fox"

DarrinS
01-14-2013, 08:09 PM
inb4 "lol fox"

Beat me to it

ChumpDumper
01-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Eh, more apples and oranges.

TSA
01-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Eh, more apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges for sure, which many have told Fuzzy before, but his apples and oranges weren't even correct.

DMC
01-14-2013, 09:34 PM
It's ok for one random person to be wrong about their views. It takes a village to teach an idiot but some idiots aren't worth the effort.

DMX7
01-14-2013, 10:12 PM
lol fox

FuzzyLumpkins
01-14-2013, 11:06 PM
:lol

I'm in your room Raleigh.....

I am not going to watch a Fox News segment. I don't get my news from cable news especially one run by Roger Ailes.

Did they mention a study? If so can you link it?

On a final note. If you are going to call someone out then you should at least check your spelling. Red squiggly line. It makes you look stupid.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-14-2013, 11:07 PM
It's ok for one random person to be wrong about their views. It takes a village to teach an idiot but some idiots aren't worth the effort.

Wow characterization in place of analysis. :rolleyes

TSA
01-14-2013, 11:13 PM

I'm in your room Raleigh.....

I am not going to watch a Fox News segment. I don't get my news from cable news especially one run by Roger Ailes.

Did they mention a study? If so can you link it?

On a final note. If you are going to call someone out then you should at least check your spelling. Red squiggly line. It makes you look stupid.
You mean those same links you can't provide proving more guns=more crime? Why should I provide anything now? Watch the video douchebag, watch your UK stats get shit upon. I don't watch Fox either, who gives a shit. At least watch it so you can tear it apart with your stats and links. And :lol at spelling smack, the sound of defeat.

mavs>spurs
01-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Piers Lumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins
01-14-2013, 11:30 PM
TSA/CC: Good guys need guns to stop criminals.
Me: Where is the proof of that?
TSA: Are gun sales going up and crime going down?
Me: I am not your research bitch nor am I going to make your argument for you.
Me: I found a Yale Law Review on Article that rebuts the book More Guns; Less Crime that indicates that when you looked at where more guns were registered there was not a decrease in crime.
TSA: So show me the study that says where more guns increase crime.
Me: I never said that. I was just saying the converse is not true. Do you know what a strawman is?
Me: I never said that. I was just saying the converse is not true. Do you know what a strawman is?

Seriously dude do you have OCD or something?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Piers Lumpkins

m<s: My schtick now is to act like I am an ultra-conservative asshole that hates black people.

mavs>spurs
01-14-2013, 11:33 PM
you just sit down and watch your powerpuff girls, "fuzzy lumpkins"

FuzzyLumpkins
01-14-2013, 11:38 PM

It was designed that I don't take myself too seriously. I do find it funny that you guys are enamored with me.

I'm in your room Raleigh.

TSA
01-14-2013, 11:54 PM
TSA/CC: Good guys need guns to stop criminals.
Me: Where is the proof of that?
Me: I found a Yale Law Review on Article that rebuts the book More Guns; Less Crime that indicates that when you looked at where more guns were registered there was not a decrease in crime.

Seriously dude do you have OCD or something?
Your Yale law review was about the effectiveness of CCW's was it not? I was never talking about CCW's and made that quite clear. I have always stated that the amount of guns owned in the US has gone up over the last decade, whole at the same time gun crime has gone down. You're CCW article has nothing to do with my argument.

But..........since you want to bring up CCW's and Yale, have you read John Lott's book "More Guns Less Crime"? (senior research scholar at Yale law)

Grab your deflection shield and hold on tight Fuzzy! It's now Yale vs Yale.

TSA
01-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Now I'm not going to read or compare the two, it really doesn't interest me much, but I'm sure we could pick both apart if we wanted to.

I want to get back to more guns=more crime

Clipper Nation
01-14-2013, 11:56 PM

Luckily, Ben Swann doesn't work for Faux News... he works at a local FOX affiliate in Cincinnati, owned by Raycom Media (i.e. not FOX)...

TSA
01-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Luckily, Ben Swann doesn't work for Faux News... he works at a local FOX affiliate in Cincinnati, owned by Raycom Media (i.e. not FOX)...
He'll find another excuse not to watch it, just wait.

ElNono
01-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Who is Ben Swann?

spursncowboys
01-15-2013, 12:18 AM
I clicked on it and it had a window about a cat fight on Morning Joe

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 12:24 AM
He'll find another excuse not to watch it, just wait.

Don't speak for me.

TSA
01-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Don't speak for me.did you watch it?

SA210
01-15-2013, 12:37 AM
lol Ben Swann defecates on everyone, nothing new,tbh

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 12:39 AM
I was expecting new arguments.

First of all Piers quoted 35 and this dude said its 59. The numbers are very close. Never mind that the numbers are extraordinarily low in either case.

He also compares the US to Nicaragua and Honduras and a bunch of other third world countries. This has been gone over several times. If you like we could compare the per capita income and other . Further he mentions crime rates but he never mentions the rate of gun crimes. This is inconsistent but in his favor he does mention that at least in the UK crime is much lower which supports the arguments.

He then states that the UK is the most violent country in Europe. What he ignores is that the UK has some of the most lenient gun laws in the EU. Germany and Norway and France make it much more difficult to obtain a gun license. He compares gun crimes to nongun crimes and the like. He also does not give numbers in most of these cases.

He does what you guys do and it's not a new argument. The only one shitting on anyone is yourself. I recommend some Depends because you apparently have difficulty recognizing the repeat.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 12:44 AM
Oh and btw that site had 26 scripts on it. I was very uncomfortable with that. I turned them on temporarily though to watch it.

Really when you compare this studies that actually try to control the variables to weed out alternative cause versus that cherry picking of stats after he rebuts the one is kind of annoying. Did you ever read the Yale Law Review study or the one done by the British Department of Public Health I posted?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 12:47 AM

Btw thanks for the heads up. I just saw the url and wasn't aware it was a rebroadcast.

TSA
01-15-2013, 12:48 AM
Further he mentions crime rates but he never mentions the rate of gun crimes. This is inconsistent but in his favor he does mention that at least in the UK crime is much lower which supports the arguments.

He then states that the UK is the most violent country in Europe.the fuck?

TSA
01-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Did you ever read the Yale Law Review study or the one done by the British Department of Public Health I posted?Why would I read an article on the effects of a CCW when that was never my argument to begin with? You keep bringing it up and I keep ignoring it for a reason, it doesn't apply to my FACTS. Why would I read something about Britain, I live in the USA.

Back to square one in the USA.
Gun sales up.
Crime down.
More guns do not equal more crime. Never said more guns equals less crime, "don't speak for me"

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Did you read the book More Guns Less Crime and look to their methodology?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 01:06 AM
I'll just tell you because I know your ignorant ass hasn't read the book.

The premise of the books argument is that people with Shall Issue permits are the most likely to be out and about and be in a position to stop non-home crimes. They looked at multiple types of crime other than home stuff. They controlled for that and address your concerns in the book. Further the study that indicated a causal link between gun ownership and less crime used this same methodology.

One thing that is contemptible is that you try and hold me to this standard of where I need to look at what you say and even look up what you say for you; hoever, when I present counter evidence you come up with cheap copouts.

It's not like what you are claiming as an invalidation was not considered in either set of studies. But you wouldn't understand the reasoning behind controls much less how to go about it.

TSA
01-15-2013, 01:42 AM
I'll just tell you because I know your ignorant ass hasn't read the book.

The premise of the books argument is that people with Shall Issue permits are the most likely to be out and about and be in a position to stop non-home crimes. They looked at multiple types of crime other than home stuff. They controlled for that and address your concerns in the book. Further the study that indicated a causal link between gun ownership and less crime used this same methodology.

One thing that is contemptible is that you try and hold me to this standard of where I need to look at what you say and even look up what you say for you; hoever, when I present counter evidence you come up with cheap copouts.

It's not like what you are claiming as an invalidation was not considered in either set of studies. But you wouldn't understand the reasoning behind controls much less how to go about it.I just fucking told you I hadn't read the book, nor your article because I never once brought up CCW's and a reduction of crime, ever. And the book and your article are speaking to shall issue permits. Find me a quote where I speak of CCW's making crime go down and we can discuss it, until then, shut the fuck up and stay on topic. I never mentioned anything about guns preventing crime, ever. Fuck dude this is getting tiring. I don't give a shit about your counter evidence because it counters nothing of which I am discussing. Your stupid ass has run rampant finding all these studies that have jack shit to do with what I am talking about, how can you not see that. I'd like to say I trolled you and had you go hunt down a bunch of evidence but you did that on your own, and completely studied up on something irrelevant to the discussion. Stop bringing CCW's into this argument, they have nothing to do with what I'm talking about you dipshit, you've wasted a lot of time haven't you.

You can not deny the FACT that gun ownership over the last ten years has skyrocketed, you can not deny the FACT that over the last ten years crime has gone down. For the last time................

Gun ownership up, Crime down

Knowing this, I can without a doubt say that guns do not cause more crime. Again, do not cause.

If you want to continue this discussion with me please stay on topic. We are simply discussing these two facts. Tear them apart at your leisure, but leave all your other bullshit aside.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 02:24 AM
You don't get to define the topic so piss off nor do you get to define the parameters of the debate. You sure are a megalomaniac.

So scientific studies that have been done control for several variables and whose methodology has been supported by both sides of the debate is trumped by your general raw statistics that are in no way qualified? Your facts are meaningless without context. If you were to read the study that supports your hypothesis you would know this but I believe you don't have the mental capacity so you resort to this simpleminded attempt.

Yours is the analysis of a simpleton.

TSA
01-15-2013, 02:40 AM
You don't get to define the topic so piss off nor do you get to define the parameters of the debate. You sure are a megalomaniac.

I do get to define the topic, it is my topic. If you wish to participate you will stick to the guidelines. If not, start your own topic and get your shit rammed in by someone else.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-15-2013, 02:43 AM
:lol your topic

Simpleton

I'm in your room Raleigh.

TSA
01-15-2013, 02:46 AM
:lol your topic

Simpleton

I'm in your room Raleigh.You'd think it'd be easy to prove a simpleton wrong no?

scott
01-15-2013, 08:29 AM
You can not deny the FACT that gun ownership over the last ten years has skyrocketed, you can not deny the FACT that over the last ten years crime has gone down. For the last time................

Gun ownership up, Crime down

Knowing this, I can without a doubt say that guns do not cause more crime. Again, do not cause.

While your hypothesis could turn out to be true, you get an F in statistics.

Clipper Nation
01-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Btw thanks for the heads up. I just saw the url and wasn't aware it was a rebroadcast.

Fair enough.... I don't like cable news either, and Ben Swann is much too honest to even be offered a job at Faux News, so no need to worry there, tbh...