PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: So Lakerfan, if you got CP3...

LnGrrrR
01-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Do you think you'd be on top of the league now like your little sisters, the Clippers? Honest question.

SpursIndonesia
01-14-2013, 10:26 PM
CP3 is tailor made to dominate while surrounded by monkeyballers & shooters, not so sure if playing with a ball hog like Kobe will end up with the same result, but i think it's safe to say that those Laker won't be as pitiful as it is right now.

Banzai
01-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Lakers would still be garbage tbh

LkrFan
01-14-2013, 11:22 PM
If you are asking if the CP3 deal would have gone down, then presumably Howard would have come via S&T (the supposed next deal on the horizon after CP3 acquisition), we would have been stacked for real. Immediate results: Kobe ties MJ. No title for the Kang. Lob City is non-existent.

Clipper Nation
01-14-2013, 11:30 PM
CP3 and Kobe wouldn't work that well together.... it's the same problem with the Nash/Kobe pairing, you have two stars in the backcourt who need to dominate the ball to make plays...

SpursIndonesia
01-14-2013, 11:31 PM
If you are asking if the CP3 deal would have gone down, then presumably Howard would have come via S&T (the supposed next deal on the horizon after CP3 acquisition), we would have been stacked for real. Immediate results: Kobe ties MJ. No title for the Kang. Lob City is non-existent.

Only will work if Kobe suddenly turns into a team first, individual stat 2nd type of stars ala TD or Manu or James, and your bench suddenly morphs into a bunch of athletic slashers & shooters, but i think we agree those things are more unlikely to happen than having an omelette from Dodoo bird eggs in the first place, so NO. Lakers will be great, but not good enough to be a third serious conteder compared to OKC & Miami. They'll be lumped into the same boat that SA & the Clips currently being right now (aka replacing the Clips).

Spurs9
01-14-2013, 11:32 PM
I think they would be better than the current record. Howard doesn't even look like he wants to be on the court, and at least cp3 can defend better than Nash.

whitemamba
01-15-2013, 12:27 AM
CP3 and Kobe wouldn't work that well together.... it's the same problem with the Nash/Kobe pairing, you have two stars in the backcourt who need to dominate the ball to make plays...

they seemed to have built a solid relation ship in the olympics... but who knows, i feel like cp needs to be surrounded by athletic guys that can run.

Killakobe81
01-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Paul helps us immensely but LeBron and Durant still would be favored to win imho ...

Raven
01-15-2013, 07:35 AM
basically they would have played cp3, kobe, metta, clark?, hill for most of the year, right now, not even hill, so sacre ftw considering pau would have been traded, nash would not have come and neither would have dwight. That's even worse than what it is now.