PDA

View Full Version : Horry is interested in the Heat (according to his agent)

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Spurs' star Horry flirts with Heat once again
Miami's Damon Jones reportedly is choosing free agency.
By Chris Perkins

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, July 01, 2005

MIAMI — Just as he did at this time last year, forward Robert Horry, one of the stars of the San Antonio Spurs' championship run, is indicating that he might have an interest in joining the Miami Heat.

"His first choice would probably be San Antonio," said Robert Barr, Horry's agent, "but Miami is close. He wanted to go to Miami last year."

For players in the final year of their contract, and for players with a player or team option, Thursday was the day they could become free agents.

However, the league has an exception stating that if a player and the team mutually agree, the deadline could be extended to July 22, when the new collective bargaining agreement becomes official.

The deadline was extended because some players, such as Heat center Shaquille O'Neal, might find there were clauses in the new agreement that affect their status or income.

The Heat and O'Neal, who has a player option and one year remaining on his contract, have reached an agreement on an extension.

That means that, in theory, O'Neal could become a free agent July 22 and then sign a contract extension with Miami that evening. O'Neal is scheduled to earn $30 million next season from the Heat, but no other team can offer more than $15 million.

The Heat did not expect guards Damon Jones and Keyon Dooling to exercise their player options to return. Jones reportedly made his decision to become a free agent Thursday. Dooling also is expected to test the free-agent market and might be offered a starting job elsewhere.

Among the Heat's other free agents are guard Steve Smith, forwards Udonis Haslem (restricted), Shandon Anderson and Christian Laettner, and center Wang Zhi-Zhi.

Teams and players could begin negotiating at 12:01 a.m. today but can't sign until July 22.

That could put free-agent point guards such as Seattle's Antonio Daniels, Memphis Earl Watson and Washington's Steve Blake, a restricted free agent, in Miami's sights.

Some top players who did not use that free-agent extension and are on the market and available to talk with any team they desire are Seattle guard Ray Allen, Milwaukee guard Michael Redd and Cleveland center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

The same is true for Horry, 34, who declined the player option on his two-year, $2.3 million contract.

The Heat could use Horry's playmaking ability. His performance in Game 5 of the NBA Finals (21 points and a game-winning three-pointer with 5.8 seconds left in overtime) against Detroit was a key to San Antonio winning its third title.

It was Horry's sixth title; he won three with O'Neal when they played with the Los Angeles Lakers and the players have a fondness for each other.

"He'd love to play with the Big Fella," Barr said. "If Miami has interest, I'm sure he'd listen."

The Heat's financial situation has hardly changed from a year ago, meaning it'll likely only have part of the mid-level exception to offer Horry. Last year that was $5.2 million. This year it might rise slightly.

That would still be a raise for Horry, who will likely be signing his final contract this season. It's not known how much money he'll be seeking. Last year Miami spilt its mid-level exception between Jones and center Michael Doleac, but if the Heat opts to spend part of that exception on Horry it might be able to sign him.

"He loves Miami and he loves the Big Fella," Barr said. "We'll see what happens."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2005/07/01/a1c_heatFA_0701.html

Kori Ellis
06-30-2005, 11:31 PM
For players in the final year of their contract, and for players with a player or team option, Thursday was the day they could become free agents.

However, the league has an exception stating that if a player and the team mutually agree, the deadline could be extended to July 22, when the new collective bargaining agreement becomes official.

I had never heard that until now.

ducks
06-30-2005, 11:32 PM
if shaq still wants the max how can they sign him for more money then what spurs can offer him

EasilyAmused
06-30-2005, 11:33 PM
"His first choice would probably be San Antonio," said Robert Barr, Horry's agent, "but Miami is close. He wanted to go to Miami last year."

That's what I was afraid of- since he did mention it in an interview a while back. :depressed

ducks
06-30-2005, 11:34 PM
The Heat and O'Neal, who has a player option and one year remaining on his contract, have reached an agreement on an extension.

anyone have a clue on how much and if there is weight clauses in his contract

picnroll
06-30-2005, 11:35 PM
IF Horry did go to Miami I expect the Spurs would go after SAR.

timvp
06-30-2005, 11:37 PM
The Spurs can't afford to lose Horry. Hopefully this is just Horry's agent's way of milking the Spurs. If the Spurs lose Horry, they lose their playoff closer.

I have a feeling it's going to be tougher than we imagine to get Horry back in silver and black.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Standard agent posturing. I don't see how the Heat would be able to outbid the Spurs when their priority is going to be signing two point guards.

But by all means, let's panic.

timvp
06-30-2005, 11:39 PM
Standard agent posturing. I don't see how the Heat would be able to outbid the Spurs when their priority is going to be signing two point guards.

But by all means, let's panic.

Isn't that what Spurs fans do about this time of year?

:smokin

ducks
I still like to know what shaq's extension is

picnroll
Do Spurs have early bird rights on Horry where they don't have to use any MLE $ on him?

timvp
06-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Do Spurs have early bird rights on Horry where they don't have to use any MLE $ on him?

Correct, sir.

ducks
06-30-2005, 11:41 PM
if horry wants to go to heat horry owes it to the spurs to do a sign and trade for the jone Damon Jones fellow the heat have

Aggie Hoopsfan
I'm not worried about this. We've got his early bird rights, and Miami has other priorities.

3rdCoast
Horry is interested in the Heat

:king

Jdspur20
06-30-2005, 11:42 PM
i think this is just smoke, when its all said and done horry will be back in the silver & black. he wants to be close to houston and the spurs offer him a better chance of winning a 7th.

ChumpDumper
Get some point guards first.

It's obvious the Heat didn't offer anything more than the Spurs did last year - what are they going to offer this year?

Jdspur20
I'm not worried about this. We've got his early bird rights, and Miami has other priorities.

exactly.

whottt
06-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Early Bird or not...I don't like that Horry's agent is taking it public like that...if the Spurs and Horry are on the same page then there is no need for prenegotiation posturing...and in my memory...players that haggle with the Spurs usually wind up playing for other teams...

My guess is that Horry and his agent know we have his early bird rights and want as much of that exception as they can get....

Me personally? I don't really have a problem with it...if Danny Ferry was worth the MLE than Horry damn sure is....

What's the going rate for a stolen win in the NBA finals?

If Brent Barry is pulling down 4 and a half it's also easy to see why Horry might be inclined to think he is underpaid...and I think Bowen is pulling down 3...

Horry is gonna get 3 to start no matter what...

I think Horry deserves the MLE but I don't think we need to be commiting 20 million dollars to him by paying him that for 4 years......maybe 2 with a team option on the second like his first contract here was...

Either he gets paid big in a short term contract or he takes less to retire a Spur...

timvp
06-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I wonder what would happen if the Spurs turned around and started talking to SARS. Would Horry jump back to the Spurs and take what he could get or would he call the Spurs bluff? The bad thing is that if the Spurs end up trading SARS for Horry, you are trading the biggest loser in the history of the league for perhaps the biggest winner in the history of the league.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2005, 11:53 PM
if the Spurs and Horry are on the same page then there is no need for prenegotiation posturing.Well this came out before the Spurs could even talk to Horry, so I can't see this as a danger sign.

Agents are assholes, they wouldn't be successful if they weren't.

milkyway21
06-30-2005, 11:54 PM

Nah! Horry & his agent might just be toying this team to think twice how impt Horry is for this team bec. he helped us win another title.

i'd hate to lose Rob, but I think there would be A LOT MORE INTERESTED FREE AGENTS OUT THERE WHO ARE INTERESTED TO SIGN WITH THE SPURS,
... THAN TEAMS WHO ARE INTERESTED TO SIGN HORRY.

let him decide what's best for him, Pops.

CalsonicKansei
06-30-2005, 11:57 PM
If Horry goes with the heat we are fucked as we know it.

atlfan25
06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
i'd be pissed of he went to the heat

ChumpDumper
07-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Think about it: the Heat currently have six players to sign and no point guards to speak of.

How much will they really have to give to Horry?

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Horry fucking sucks. He is Shaq's biotch.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2005, 12:10 AM
"Robert loves San Antonio," Bahr said. "That's No. 1 in his mind."Curiously absent from this story.

It's all about the angle.

milkyway21
07-01-2005, 12:12 AM
i'd be pissed of he went to the heatme too! :pctoss

suddenly I remember how Free Agency every yr becomes so thrilling...

last year it was Manu who was shopping around Denver, Utah, ...(?), talking to diff. org after winning his Olympic Gold medal. :smokin

then, this yr. Horry just after winning his 6th ring (after game-winning 3 in game5). :smokin

Kori Ellis
07-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Curiously absent from this story.

It's all about the angle.

True, but the San Antonio paper spelled his agent's last name wrong. The Spurs get negative points for that :lol

whottt
07-01-2005, 12:13 AM
He didn't just hit a game winning 3 in that game 5...he hit a game winning 4th and OT period...

ChumpDumper
07-01-2005, 12:17 AM
True, but the San Antonio paper spelled his agent's last name wrong.The amount of misinformation that flies about the media this time of year is disgusting. It seems to even extend to basic math and spelling.

Banks91
07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
look , horry is always gonna choose shaq over duncan, cuz simply put shaq got him 3 rings, plus in his mind its not like he is leavin a championship team for a cellar dwellar,
miama isnt too far back that he doesnt have a chance to get more (in my mind they dont get squat shit while duncan and manu are around)

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Geezus. And some of you accuse me of being negative :lol

Back away from the ledge, put down the razor blades, pill bottles, and bottles of everclear, and relax.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2005, 12:24 AM
look , horry is always gonna choose shaq over duncanDidn't last summer....

AI-square
07-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, considering they said that they wanna keep Udonis Haslem and that they have just drafted Simiec, I'd be shocked if Horry went over.

Banks91
07-01-2005, 12:26 AM
thats tru, and i believe he will stay this season as well, but think about it
when the season started last year, even with shaq, people didnt think miami was gonna do wat it did this season, so it wasnt a sure thing. if he wouldve known how good miami was gonna be, can u honestly say he wouldnt have left?? i cant

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Good thing the spurs didn't play the heat. Horry probably would go in a shooting slump and do shit for this team. Let him go to Miami because you that 's fits his personality more hanging with Shaq and Wade.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2005, 12:29 AM
when the season started last year, even with shaq, people didnt think miami was gonna do wat it did this seasonI did.

Plenty of folks did.

This is Shaq in the east for chrissakes.

JustSpurs
So, what are the odds of us getting Antonio Daniels back here in SA?

picnroll
Memory is a bit foggy but wasn't it Malone that landed us Horry last year? Horry seemed to be between SA and Miami and Miami was saving space for Malone as was SA. SA decided to go ahead and sign Horry while Maimi was still waiting for Malone to decide as I recall. If so Spurs fans ending up owing a debt of gratitude to Malone afterall.

Banks91
07-01-2005, 12:31 AM
lol u actually believed miami was gonna do wat it did, then u mustve been psychic, cuz me along with almost all the media and the public thought they would end up 3rd best in the east behind defendin champ pistons and the pacers.

next ur gonna tell me u knew artest was gonna snap and get suspended for the year too.

Kori Ellis
07-01-2005, 12:32 AM
So, what are the odds of us getting Antonio Daniels back here in SA?

Almost none. He's going to get good offers from teams with cap room (i.e. Cleveland).

whottt
07-01-2005, 12:33 AM
look , horry is always gonna choose shaq over duncan, cuz simply put shaq got him 3 rings, plus in his mind its not like he is leavin a championship team for a cellar dwellar,
miama isnt too far back that he doesnt have a chance to get more (in my mind they dont get squat shit while duncan and manu are around)

Shaq also dumped Horry without a second thought, for Karl Malone...

Remember? He was quite proud of his recruitment of Malone to take Horry's pay and spot...

The Lakers didn't even call Horry that offseason....I am sure Horry noticed the unusual silence of Shaq around that time...

Just like I am sure Horry noticed he had to bust his ass that season while Shaq was getting sugury done on "company time".

It's all about Shaq...Horry knows that...he also knows Shaq's probably done.

Horry is going to do what's best for Horry...

I personally think he tries to stay loyal to his teams...he was heartbroken when he got traded by the Rockets...and I think he was very upset the Lakers didn't make any effort to get him to come back.

So no, I don't think he's going to do anything out of loyalty to Shaq and he'll probably try to be loyal to the Spurs...loyalty is a two way street though...Horry is part of the core of this team at least when it comes to winning a title...He's the 5th piece...over both Nazr and Rasho..

the Spurs aren't going to have any successs asking him to substantially less than what is available to sign him with. Not when guys like Rasho, Nazr and Barry are making 5+ a season...especially Barry, because Barry is his age... He knows they've got it available.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2005, 12:35 AM
lol u actually believed miami was gonna do wat it did, then u mustve been psychic, cuz me along with almost all the media and the public thought they would end up 3rd best in the east behind defendin champ pistons and the pacers.

Actually pretty much all the media had the East pegged as a Miami - Detroit showdown for the Eastern Conference championship.

Apparently some people around here have short memories. I think if Kori can track it down she even had several folks come up with predictions for the season, and well over half picked Miami to come out of the East to play the Spurs.

But keep whining and bitching and moaning, I guess some folks need something to do for the next three weeks, no matter how unfounded.

Spursdaone
The main reason Horry picked San Antonio over LAL is because of Karl Malone. He otherwise would stay with that team and since he would be a starter in Miami he would be interested in going there unless San Antonio pays him a big check.

2centsworth
The attraction to Miami stems from the fact that Robert could win a championship with 4 different teams, a feat that's never been accomplished.

Banks91
07-01-2005, 12:37 AM
ye im pretty sure horry is stayin, unless he is thinks more about the media then he lets on, cuz if he wouldve done wat he did in the finals for a club like lakers or miama, he wouldve gotten 10 times the attention and coverage he did. the money cant possibly be a factor, nor winnin a ring cuz u dont leave the team that just won a ring
for a club that has a chance to win, so only reason i can find for him leavin is he wants the media attention playin with shaq will get him more then we thought he did.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2005, 12:37 AM
lol u actually believed miami was gonna do wat it did, then u mustve been psychic, cuz me along with almost all the media and the public thought they would end up 3rd best in the east behind defendin champ pistons and the pacers.Plenty of them had the Heat coming out of the East. It's Shaq coming to a team that was already in the playoffs. In the east.

I still don't know why that would affect Horry's decision -- he knows exactly what teams with Shaq can do.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2005, 12:38 AM
since he would be a starter in Miami he would be interested in going there unless San Antonio pays him a big check.

Horry doesn't want to start. Shit, if he had it his way he wouldn't even see the court until late April.

Banks91
07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
where are all u people gettin this " heat comin out of the east", please find me such articles, and im talkin before they play a single game, not midseason or beginnin of playoffs

whottt
07-01-2005, 12:41 AM
I think Horry legitimately prefers the laid back atmosphere of SA...I think he likes the team needing him to take shots(he had to adjust to teamates wanting him to shoot when he first came to SA)...

I think he likes having an MVP partner that, when asked, "what was the difference in this game?", looks over knowingly and says, "Big Shot Bob(by)", with a clear sense of appreciation...and not an MVP partner that says, "well we got lucky and knocked down a big shot to win it while I was being double teamed".

But at the same time...he's not stupid and he's going to know if he's getting lowballed...if he gets lowballed I think he will bail.

Banks91
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
anyways this is a dumb thread, like ive noticed most threads on here are

horry aint goin nowhere, the chance of him leavin is about the same as one of us here on this site makin the NBA, and thats none

so latez yall

ca®lo
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
lets not lose horry. we wont have a playoff closer anymore.

in 03 we had kerr... in 04 .. we didnt have any.. (hedo?) yeah right.. we had horry but it was just his first season with us.

then 05. it was horrys time to shine... but whos gonna do it in 06? parker? dont think so.

maybe brent? umm..

Kori Ellis
07-01-2005, 12:45 AM

:rolleyes

AI-square
07-01-2005, 12:48 AM
lets not lose horry. we wont have a playoff closer anymore.

in 03 we had kerr... in 04 .. we didnt have any.. (hedo?) yeah right.. we had horry but it was just his first season with us.

then 05. it was horrys time to shine... but whos gonna do it in 06? parker? dont think so.

maybe brent? umm..

Manu.

ChumpDumper
07-01-2005, 12:50 AM
With championships come dumbasses.

timvp
07-01-2005, 12:52 AM
With championships come dumbasses.

Maybe this should be the logo on the SpursTalk.com t-shirts.

:hat

Dex
07-01-2005, 12:54 AM

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/266/1474/640/PotCallingTheKettleBlack.jpg

JustSpurs
07-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Maybe this should be the logo on the SpursTalk.com t-shirts.

:hat
I'd buy one! :lol

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 12:58 AM
T Park! Is that you?

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 02:02 AM
He has some misspellings and he is new so I think it is a possiblity it is T Park.

Russ
07-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Brash enough to hit the big shots = brash enough to leave the day after the parade. We've seen this before. :)

Horry For 3!
07-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Horry won't be leaving San Antonio, he'll be here until he retires.

DesiSpur_21
07-01-2005, 05:12 AM
As much great Horry was for us in the playoffs, it would be foolish to think our c'ship hope is pinned to just re-signing him. He is of course a key piece but it's not like you have to replace Timmy or Manu on this team - Looking back at '03, we were all over Kerr and S-jax and over a period of time have been able to find better replacements ( yeah, after the hedo saga ;-) )

That being said, Spurs owe him and should grab him with less drama in negotiations - If Peter Holt could be flexible in Tony's case, he better be on this one.

I still think Horry is gonna re-sign , but I wouldn't be too worried if he goes to Miami. As much as I hate Pacers, I'll go ahead and make a bold prediction that they'll be the best team in the East next season.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-01-2005, 08:02 AM
As much great Horry was for us in the playoffs, it would be foolish to think our c'ship hope is pinned to just re-signing him. He is of course a key piece

The Spurs lose the Finals 4-3 to Detroit if Horry doesn't work his magic in games 5 and 7.

End of discussion.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Relax. Spurs aren't going to be outbid by anyone (ie playoff teams). Clearly the agent is doing this to keep the Spurs honest and force them to make Horry an at the market offer, which will likely be about $9 to 10 mil over 2 seasons (whatever the MLE ends up at).

ObiwanGinobili
07-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Horry is not leaving.

a. he has stated repeatadly that he is staying in San Antonio
b. his daughter lives in houston
c. Miami doesn't have the $$ to sign him without getting thier priorities all out of wack.
d. If I had an agent I'm sure he could come up with this idea or several others to try getting me more $$ in what might be my final year.

Ginofan
07-01-2005, 08:35 AM
I know this isn't much but didn't Robert say in the interview right after they won the 'ship something about winning another with Tim next year?

Like someone else said, he wants to be close to Houston for his daughter...and Robert has grown into a favorite around here. I can't see him leaving.

Das Texan
07-01-2005, 09:06 AM
some of you get your panties in a wad rather easily.

horry aint leaving, this is simply normal posturing by the agent.

we have his early bird rights and horry will be wearing silver and black to end his career.

now go sit back and have a beer or something. damn.

smeagol
07-01-2005, 09:32 AM
The Spurs can't afford to lose Horry. Hopefully this is just Horry's agent's way of milking the Spurs. If the Spurs lose Horry, they lose their playoff closer.

I have a feeling it's going to be tougher than we imagine to get Horry back in silver and black.
I can remember in a not so distant past, you were dissing on Horry because of his lack of rebounding. I guess his playoff performance has made you change your mind. :spin

MannyIsGod
07-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Do any of you really see Horry leaving this team for a Miami team that is only going to get worse this offseason?

ducks
07-01-2005, 09:40 AM
shaq has agreeded to an extension with the heat so shaq may gain 90 pounds this summer

easjer
07-01-2005, 10:59 AM
1. We won two championships without Robert Horry, so I don't think we're doomed without him. We have consistently brought in vets for minimal contracts who like playing, like the idea of rings and aren't interested in ego. If Horry leaves, we'll do it again.

2. Agents make a % cut of what their stars make. It is to the agent's best interest to posture for more money, because that results in a bigger paycheck for him.

3. Horry has made it very clear, as recently as Wednesday, to the national media, his intentions are to remain in SA.

4. Miami is declining. The East now has had an opportunity to get used to Shaq. Shaq isn't as good as he used to be. They are losing players and the rest are aging rapidly. While Dwayne Wade will only get better, he can't carry his team by himself. Miami has a lot of positions to fill ahead of the back up PF.

5. I believe it was Kori who mentioned a few days ago that she felt this had been the plan all along - for Robert to refuse the option so they could redo the contract for more money if he was still able to play productively.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-01-2005, 11:00 AM
If I were his agent, I would say he was interested in another team as well.
If this is to be Horry's last couple of years ,in the NBA, might as well get as much money you can from it, right?!

Besides, Horry has said that he wanted to stay with the Spurs and win another one with Tim.

So, my guess is that maybe he feels he deserves more money.

In any case, he better be careful. Money is temptation and if a team is willing and able to pay the guy 5,000,000+, who knows what will happen!
-----------------------------------------
Robert Bahr, who represents Horry, said he informed the Spurs on Thursday that Horry was opting out of the second season of the two-season deal he signed last summer.
Bahr stressed, however, that Horry wants to remain with the Spurs.
"Robert loves San Antonio," Bahr said. "That's No. 1 in his mind."
He said Horry had instructed him to make every effort to keep him in San Antonio.

Hmmm, meaning," Try to get the Spurs to offer me more money. Stress the fact that I would like to stay! Give it your all and if the Spurs can not or they are not willing to comply, I'm out. There's nothing more to do."

BoooooOo!

Money makes the World go around, does it?

In any case, as much as I would like to see Horry stay. The Spurs dont need him. If he wants to play with fire and take that risk, he may get burned.

spurster
07-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Didn't the Spurs pay Horry MLE money 2003-2004?

Anyway, Horry was clutch this playoffs, but not the previous two. You can't be sure which one will show up next season. Also, he'll be a year older. Certainly, he deserves some sort of award, but I wouldn't go Geronimo if the Spurs don't sign him.

2centsworth
07-01-2005, 11:27 AM
1. We won two championships without Robert Horry, so I don't think we're doomed without him. We have consistently brought in vets for minimal contracts who like playing, like the idea of rings and aren't interested in ego. If Horry leaves, we'll do it again.

2. Agents make a % cut of what their stars make. It is to the agent's best interest to posture for more money, because that results in a bigger paycheck for him.

3. Horry has made it very clear, as recently as Wednesday, to the national media, his intentions are to remain in SA.

4. Miami is declining. The East now has had an opportunity to get used to Shaq. Shaq isn't as good as he used to be. They are losing players and the rest are aging rapidly. While Dwayne Wade will only get better, he can't carry his team by himself. Miami has a lot of positions to fill ahead of the back up PF.

5. I believe it was Kori who mentioned a few days ago that she felt this had been the plan all along - for Robert to refuse the option so they could redo the contract for more money if he was still able to play productively.

Consider the elements the team had when they won the championships versus when they didn't. Clutch 3 pt shooting from Mario Ellie and Stephen Jackson and Shut Down Defense at the end of ball games with Big Dave.

Horry fills both roles for the Spurs. Without those key elements I'm afraid the spurs do not have enough to get it done.

50 cent
07-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I say the Spurs should offer him a 3 year $12.5 Million contract with the 3rd year being a Team Option.

Horry is going nowhere, but definitely deserves more than the LLE.

ShoogarBear
07-01-2005, 11:32 AM
perhaps the biggest winner in the history of the league.
I understand your point, but, um, exaggerate much?

http://www.nba.com/media/history/history_summary_russell.jpg

mcornelio
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM
guys take it easy. the spurs where here before horry and if he decides to leave its his loss... and i know this is prob a dumb question but i cant think of who is sars...lol can anyone fill me in :blah :lol

Jimcs50
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM

Horry is not going any where, Chicken Littles.

:)

wildbill2u
07-01-2005, 12:06 PM
As far as giving him a multi-year fat contract, the guy is a young 35--but he's still 35 and even with reduced minutes you can't make those old muscles and bones repudiate Mother Nature.

He deserves a raise that is fair. Both player and management have to agree or the free agent tests his value with other teams.

Pop and the FO have rebuilt this team numerous times and always come up with a contender if not a champ. I think they could do it again without Horry.

beirmeistr
07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Horry would have to be a fool to leave San Antonio, where he is treated like a God.
He will return and he will get paid more than last contract.

kskonn
07-01-2005, 01:17 PM
The main reason Horry picked San Antonio over LAL is because of Karl Malone. He otherwise would stay with that team and since he would be a starter in Miami he would be interested in going there unless San Antonio pays him a big check.

I believe the spurs traded for Horry in a three way deal with the pacers to acquire ron mercer..

Supreme Allah
07-01-2005, 01:34 PM
and i know this is prob a dumb question but i cant think of who is sars...lol can anyone fill me in :blah :lol

SARS is: Spureme Allah Reigns Supreme!

nanya
07-01-2005, 05:09 PM
i heard about this today and i really hope that he doesnt move to the miami heat!!!!!! :depressed

Spursdaone
07-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey Horry. Why don't you go to Miami? You know you want to you. You just took San Antonio for the ride but you really want be in Miami.

Vashner
07-01-2005, 11:00 PM
NBA is a business. Horry is just testing the waters. Even Timmy & Amy went to visit Doc Rivers.. remember that?

You have 6 rings.. you get another off and you give it a professional consideration. This way the Spurs should match or beat the other offer.

Yea .. the guy could quit today and never worry about money... but he needs to do this to get the best paycheck.