PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Wade unhappy with his role?

StrengthAndHonor
01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Wade, who finished with 11 points on 5-of-11 shooting, had no explanation for why he did not get off the bench in the fourth quarter.

''I don't know,'' Wade said. ''I just always stay ready.''

Before the Heat left on this trip, Wade was asked if he missed the days of taking 20 to 25 shots a game. The days before James and Bosh and being relegated to the third option some nights. Wade's response: "Every day."

StrengthAndHonor
01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
This is a bit weird for me. I thought Wade accepted the fact that he must sacrifice his game. Is he tired of Lebron getting all the spotlight?

FkLA
01-15-2013, 07:32 PM
I think it has alot more to do with him being frustrated with his decline. The first year alot of people and even Bron still called it Wades team (even though Bron was always better), last year it was clearly Brons team but Wade was still a top player in the league, and now whats happening this year. Its been progressively getting worse, Id be disappointed too...I dont think that he was expecting this by year 3 tbh.

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
It's because no one gives a fuck about Wade. LeBron was the man from day one. They tried to act like they were sharing leadership role and they were both on the same level but it's clear now that LeBron is a superior player than Wade and is much more vital to the team's success. He won the MVP and Finals MVP and is their franchise player. Wade already won a ring, maybe now he realizes he would have rather continued being the man on his own team (or perhaps getting someone else besides LeBron to join him and Bosh) rather than sacrificing his game for the team because he already had won the prize and had one of the most dominant Finals runs of all-time.

Even still, he should be scoring more than 11 points with a floor general like LeBron, who looks more to facilitate rather than score to begin with. Perhaps he just can't play off the ball as well as he should and with his decline in athleticism he's not getting to the rim as easy, so he's frustrated. He's dealt with some minor injuries and that may be affecting him to an extent, but I think now in his third year with LeBron, he's getting tired of being Robin because he thought they were supposed to be Batman and Superman when in reality it is LeBron's team, he is their franchise player, and everyone knows it. You could probably replace Wade with Harden and the Heat would be about the same, maybe even better. You replace LeBron with any other player in the league and Heat get worse.

ffadicted
01-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Sacrificing your game is one thing... an all-star glued to the bench in the 4th is another. I'd be mad too

Ace
01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
:lol Cherry picking

When asked about sitting in the 4th: "Coach makes the calls" "I'm just a player" He has also said on multiple times he's content with his role and only cares about winning. Keep reaching haters and try again. :lol

hater
01-15-2013, 08:15 PM
LMAO what a joke

Wade is there to bail Lebron out in those key playoff games. :lol regular season drama

Ace
01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
It's because no one gives a fuck about Wade. LeBron was the man from day one. They tried to act like they were sharing leadership role and they were both on the same level but it's clear now that LeBron is a superior player than Wade and is much more vital to the team's success. He won the MVP and Finals MVP and is their franchise player. Wade already won a ring, maybe now he realizes he would have rather continued being the man on his own team (or perhaps getting someone else besides LeBron to join him and Bosh) rather than sacrificing his game for the team because he already had won the prize and had one of the most dominant Finals runs of all-time.

Even still, he should be scoring more than 11 points with a floor general like LeBron, who looks more to facilitate rather than score to begin with. Perhaps he just can't play off the ball as well as he should and with his decline in athleticism he's not getting to the rim as easy, so he's frustrated. He's dealt with some minor injuries and that may be affecting him to an extent, but I think now in his third year with LeBron, he's getting tired of being Robin because he thought they were supposed to be Batman and Superman when in reality it is LeBron's team, he is their franchise player, and everyone knows it. You could probably replace Wade with Harden and the Heat would be about the same, maybe even better. You replace LeBron with any other player in the league and Heat get worse.
Didn't have to read all that figure out that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Please kill yourself :tu

KaiRMD1
01-15-2013, 08:20 PM
That's funny but it goes to show when guys want the help, they sometimes regret what they wish for.

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Didn't have to read all that figure out that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Please kill yourself :tu

oh look it's the guy who comes rushing in to defend his faggy team anytime anyone mentions them :rolleyes

:cry don't talk about wade like that, hes not declining hes just coasting you'll see :cry

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
:lol Cherry picking

When asked about sitting in the 4th: "Coach makes the calls" "I'm just a player" He has also said on multiple times he's content with his role and only cares about winning. Keep reaching haters and try again. :lol
yeah which is why he said he misses taking 25 shots a game "every day." :rolleyes take off your red and black glasses faggot

TIMMYtoZO
01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
:lol The haters are reading too much into this and getting a boner over something that does not exist.

Ace
01-15-2013, 08:40 PM
oh look it's the guy who comes rushing in to defend his faggy team anytime anyone mentions them :rolleyes

:cry don't talk about wade like that, hes not declining hes just coasting you'll see :cry
Declining while having a career shooting year 50/37/75, PER of 22.4 .571 ts%

Try again faggot :lol

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Heat are going to repeat anyway, no need to get upset because I pointed out the obvious that a player over 30 is declining athletically.

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 08:42 PM
declining athletically =/= declining in overall play. he plays with LeBron James, his numbers should look good. fuck you're retarded

Ace
01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
yeah which is why he said he misses taking 25 shots a game "every day." :rolleyes take off your red and black glasses faggot
A basketball missing getting to shoot whenever he wants? Shocking...

8FOR!3
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Funny thing is, as long as Wade's on the same team as LeBron he's always gonna have one more ring. And be the only one out of those three that did it himself as THE superstar on that team.

Ace
01-15-2013, 08:46 PM
declining athletically =/= declining in overall play. he plays with LeBron James, his numbers should look good. fuck you're retarded
If his numbers are good then what's the problem? You're not very good at this.

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 08:52 PM

Dude, he made the quote, not me. I'm just providing an explanation. Ask him why he's complaining in the media. An appropriate response to the question would be "25 shots doesn't matter as long as we're winning." All I said was maybe he is frustrated in his athletic decline or because LeBron is outshining him. I never said Wade sucks or that he fell of a cliff, just that he's not the man in Miami and LeBron is the king. You don't have to rush to his defense and make all kinds of presumptions because someone questioned Wade. :rolleyes It's obvious your boy has been frustrated about something what with his douchey flagrants, kicking Sessions in the dick, and begging a courtside official to remove a heckling fan.

His numbers are good, I'm not denying that. But they don't look as sexy as they have. Most superstars have egos, and it's not that far-fetched to think maybe his is bruised with how LeBron has taken over Miami.

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
ever since the big 3 form, it has always beens lebrons team, this clown coat riding lebron to rings

even if u say it was this clowns team, lebron gave him the reigns in its first season where it failed

irishock
01-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Mavs in 4 if Wade didn't play honestly

Baseline
01-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Sacrificing your game is one thing... an all-star glued to the bench in the 4th is another. I'd be mad too

Just a stupid move by Spo. Wade is feeling the pressure this year, and gluing him to the bench just intensifies the spotlight on it. Nice going, Spo.

ambchang
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Buddy, Wade has been clearly declining the last few years, numbers-wise and athletically.

He is averaging 20.1 ppg this year, the lowest since his rookie year after averaging 25.5 merely two years ago (w Lebron and Bosh). He has becoming a better outside shooter, but is averaging only 14.9 shots per game, other than his rookie season, his previous low was 17.1 FGA/game (last year and his second year), and this is not because of him playing less minutes, his scoring, stls, blks, assts, and even FTAs are all sitting at career lows or close to career lows outside of his rookie season.

That said, tough to say that he is unhappy based on those quotes.

Ace
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Buddy, Wade has been clearly declining the last few years, numbers-wise and athletically.He is averaging 20.1 ppg this year, the lowest since his rookie year after averaging 25.5 merely two years ago (w Lebron and Bosh). He has becoming a better outside shooter, but is averaging only 14.9 shots per game, other than his rookie season, his previous low was 17.1 FGA/game (last year and his second year), and this is not because of him playing less minutes, his scoring, stls, blks, assts, and even FTAs are all sitting at career lows or close to career lows outside of his rookie season.That said, tough to say that he is unhappy based on those quotes.Deeper team and he's saving himself for the playoffs. Wade is coasting, easing himself back after offseason surgery and trying to avoid injury because after all he is injury prone.

ambchang
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Deeper team and he's saving himself for the playoffs. Wade is coasting, easing himself back after offseason surgery and trying to avoid injury because after all he is injury prone.

It was a direct response to:

His numbers ARE declining, there is no other way of putting it. And he has been injury prone for quite some time now, why this season? Just watch him play, his athleticism is no where close to what it was merely two years ago, or even last year.

Killakobe81
01-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Good news for Heat is if Wade is like 75%/80% like last year they can stll win it all ...

Lebron rang last year, with both Bosh and Wade missing or choking away key playoff games.

I dont blame Ace for being confident, and i guess with all wade has done he deserves the benefit of the doubt here. But wade cant be mad, the whol league is playing second fiddle to LBJ ...

Ice009
01-16-2013, 07:21 PM
If Wade is unhappy with his role, I will send them Matt Bonner plus filler and I'll take LBJ.

What a dickhead Wade is.

He sounds like Kobe when Shaq was around.

Latarian Milton
01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
nigga would be fooling himself if he still thought himself as good as bron, they ain't even close at this point of time imho. we're gonna count on bron if we wanna retain the title and motherfucker is consistent as fuck