PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Clippers season so far

Banzai
01-15-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm sure others are noticing..team is pretty deep..question is..are chances pretty high they win it all? Props tbh:toast

Reck
01-15-2013, 10:36 PM
They wont win it all, no but are shoe in for WCF.

Mel_13
01-15-2013, 10:50 PM
It's hard to imagine a team with VDN as coach winning a title, but Spoelstra has a ring so it's possible.

No doubt that the talent on that team is legit and that they exhibit great chemistry.

baseline bum
01-15-2013, 10:53 PM
I don't think they can beat Miami, but a WCF with them and Methlahoma could be awesome.

lil_penny
01-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I think they have a good shot to win it all, if they can keep it together and stay healthy. The only issue ive seen is their halfcourt offense has been a little iffy at times.

Leetonidas
01-15-2013, 11:03 PM
They're legit contenders but I can't see them beating Miami or OKC in a 7 game series

Banzai
01-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks for your opinions everyone!! Playoffs will be really intense!

NRHector
01-15-2013, 11:08 PM
It's hard to imagine a team with VDN as coach winning a title, but Spoelstra has a ring so it's possible.

No doubt that the talent on that team is legit and that they exhibit great chemistry.

VDN > Spolestra

Ice009
01-15-2013, 11:08 PM
People don't want to say it, but they are legit. They look like the real deal with their wins lately.

I rank OKC and the Clippers number 1 and 2 in the west, then a rung below both the Grizzlies and Spurs. That's the top 4. Everyone else is another rung or two below.

Clipper Nation
01-15-2013, 11:18 PM
The Clippers actually match up pretty evenly with the Heat and OKC, and definitely could win it all this year.....

Spurs9
01-15-2013, 11:21 PM
They can easily win it all.

Banzai
01-15-2013, 11:26 PM
The Clippers actually match up pretty evenly with the Heat and OKC, and definitely could win it all this year.....

Most likely tbh

Reck
01-15-2013, 11:26 PM

Not that I'm blaming you for saying this but coming from a Clipper fan? Of course you'll say they can win it all. lol

Spurs match up well with Miami and OKC on paper too. The playoffs are to be taken game by game. I'm curious to see these Clippers team in the playoffs where the game slows down considerably and half court becomes the name of the game.

Clipper Nation
01-15-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm curious to see these Clippers team in the playoffs where the game slows down considerably and half court becomes the name of the game.

People say this, but the reality is that the Clippers don't really have a set identity, they'll just beat teams at their own game... the Clippers have no problem routinely owning the "grit-n'-grind," slow Grizzlies whether it's regular season or the playoffs...

StrengthAndHonor
01-15-2013, 11:50 PM
They are legitimate to win it all this year. They're firing on all cylinders and what I love about this team (with the exception of Jamal) is everyone is playing so unselfishly. The camaraderie and chemistry are top shelf and it also doesn't hurt that they're loaded on all positions. Just absolutely no weakness at all.

And I don't mean that as a knock on Crawford btw, that's his role. To give the team some quick burst offensively without having to really look to pass and he's been very effective so I have no problems with that.

TBH, the only team that really concerns me is Denver. They are so well coached and underrated. I feel like they're very similar to the Clippers and they are so tough to beat at home. Miami doesn't concern Clippers fans. They're good but they're not 2011-2012 good. They're going to get punished inside by relying on Bosh.

OKC is also a great matchup but I'm firm with my analysis that they are a worse team this year with the departure of Harden. OKC vs Clippers for the WCF showdow is going to be intense!

thunderup
01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Health and play going into the postseason will play a large part in any contenders chance at ringing. Clipper Nation is right about the Clips ability to play different styles. Having that depth is their number one strength though, JMO. They will meet the Thunder in the WCF for an epic showdown if things stay as they are.

Sportcamper
01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Clippers players seem to like each other…Kind of weird isn’t it….

Killakobe81
01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't think they can beat Miami, but a WCF with them and Methlahoma could be awesome.

I'm with Bum, plus I love Barnes but his cold streaks can come when u need him most and their Ft shooting is shaky fun exciting team though reminds me of 90s Sonics with Kemp and Gp

Captivus
01-16-2013, 12:24 PM
I have to say that the fact that the Clippers are deep doenst mean anything. All Spurs fans know this. At the end, the startes have to do the job. Thats the reason I think Miami its still the best team, and this year they have even more experience.
Off course I think LAC can win it all, same goes for Miami and OKC. Those are the best 3 teams IMO.

Killakobe81
01-16-2013, 04:39 PM
I would place Clips a notch below OKC who is a notch below MIA ...

Lebron is by far the best player on those 3 teams (and league) and it's not like he is playing with scrubs. plus none of the 3 have a Popovich or Pjax level coach ... so smart $ is on the Heat.

baseline bum
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I have to say that the fact that the Clippers are deep doenst mean anything. All Spurs fans know this. At the end, the startes have to do the job. Thats the reason I think Miami its still the best team, and this year they have even more experience.
Off course I think LAC can win it all, same goes for Miami and OKC. Those are the best 3 teams IMO.

A big difference though is the Clippers have a first ballot Hall of Famer in his prime along with another young star in Griffin who is just entering his prime. Last year's Spurs didn't have that one unguardable player like the Clip show has with Paul. Then again, Del Negro's dumb ass is going to be a huge negative for them in the playoffs.

Killakobe81
01-16-2013, 05:16 PM
A big difference though is the Clippers have a first ballot Hall of Famer in his prime along with another young star in Griffin who is just entering his prime. Last year's Spurs didn't have that one unguardable player like the Clip show has with Paul. Then again, Del Negro's dumb ass is going to be a huge negative for them in the playoffs.

Paul is amazing but i dont know if i would say he is unguardable... he kinda fatigued against us 2 years ago in the 'offs and i heard he was banged up but did the same in the playoffs last year ... Seeing him play more often he expends so much energy hawking big men on doubles and playing passing lanes ...I think they have a shot no doubt about it ... but i just dont see him the same as Lebron or Durant. he is a beter play-maker than even James ... but as clutch as he can be ...i dont put him in that class. Maybe he proves me wrong ...but i have definitely become a big fan of his game.

Killakobe81
01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
They are legitimate to win it all this year. They're firing on all cylinders and what I love about this team (with the exception of Jamal) is everyone is playing so unselfishly. The camaraderie and chemistry are top shelf and it also doesn't hurt that they're loaded on all positions. Just absolutely no weakness at all.

And I don't mean that as a knock on Crawford btw, that's his role. To give the team some quick burst offensively without having to really look to pass and he's been very effective so I have no problems with that.

TBH, the only team that really concerns me is Denver. They are so well coached and underrated. I feel like they're very similar to the Clippers and they are so tough to beat at home. Miami doesn't concern Clippers fans. They're good but they're not 2011-2012 good. They're going to get punished inside by relying on Bosh.

OKC is also a great matchup but I'm firm with my analysis that they are a worse team this year with the departure of Harden. OKC vs Clippers for the WCF showdow is going to be intense!

Underestimating the Heat ... would be fatal. Bosh plays soft at times but we have not seen the best of the Heat yet.

Latarian Milton
01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
it's gonna be a hard call between them and OKC, niggas will make WCF great fun to watch but neither team will have a shot at overthrowing miami imho.

whitemamba
01-16-2013, 08:05 PM
The Heat lack in size imho, they cant really defend in the paint that well, and they are i think the worst rebounding team in the league. as of late teams have been exposing that such as portland, and utah.. unless they lock down on defense, and start crashin the boards i dont see them repeating. As for the clips thunder, that would be an entertaining run and gun series. i think the clippers take that due to depth and the fact they have so many guys that can score.. but the playoffs are a different story, OKC's experience might prevail and take them back to the finals. its still early though we shall see

Latarian Milton
01-16-2013, 08:18 PM
mavs are maybe the worst rebounding team in the league and miami ain't nowhere close imho, but rebounding still remains the shortest stave on our squad to be quite honest. we better land a decent defensive big before the trade deadline otherwise we're gonna have a hard time fighting the likes of NY and OKC, but i doubt philibeaner will actually make the trades that will benefit this team knowing what a dumbass he is. our perimeter D is fine though and we can inflict considerable turnovers on the opposing team which will make up for our lack of paint defense imho

whitemamba
01-16-2013, 08:30 PM
mavs are maybe the worst rebounding team in the league and miami ain't nowhere close imho, but rebounding still remains the shortest stave on our squad to be quite honest. we better land a decent defensive big before the trade deadline otherwise we're gonna have a hard time fighting the likes of NY and OKC, but i doubt philibeaner will actually make the trades that will benefit this team knowing what a dumbass he is. our perimeter D is fine though and we can inflict considerable turnovers on the opposing team which will make up for our lack of paint defense imho

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/rebounds-per-game/sort/avgRebounds

but i do agree, you guys need a big, bosh isnt quite cutting the mustard down there.

HarlemHeat37
01-16-2013, 09:37 PM
:lol everybody has said the same shit about Miami the past 2 years..these idiots never learn, tbh:lol..

Clippers are good, but they won't win a title, tbh..their deep bench is largely irrelevant in the post-season..Matt Barnes won't sustain his shooting clip..Crawford is a loser, tbh, he will be a cancer in a big series..Jordan can be exposed in a series..

More importantly, their best player is a PG, which eliminates their title hopes..

Clippers will either lose in the WCSFs or get killed in the WCFs, book it tbh..

To be fair though, I've been on record saying Chris Paul is the only PG that I could imagine leading a team to a title during this era, tbh..if he stayed aggressive and elevated his game during crucial stretches, they could win, but I haven't seen him do that yet..

Dallas
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
They won't be 2nd round exit if they get in 1st place.

StrengthAndHonor
01-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Underestimating the Heat ... would be fatal. Bosh plays soft at times but we have not seen the best of the Heat yet.

Not underestimating them at all. I watch the Heat and LeBron appears to be the only player still hungry to win it all this year. Bosh even came out implying its hard for them to have the same passion after winning it all last year. Tonights game vs LA will confirm my belief. Assuming the Lakers sticks with the same game plan which is feed Dwight, the Heat will lose.

Richie
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Clippers have improved, but Spurs swept them last year. Have they improved enough that they can go from being swept to beating the Spurs (assuming we are 2 and 3)? I'm not sure.

I can't help but keep looking at the free throw shooting on your front line and ask questions. Sure Jordan has improved, but he won't be on the court if he's shooting 40% from the free throw line. Can't replace him with Turiaf, so I think they will struggle to rebound against a big Spurs frontline of Splitter/Timmy.

Would be another fun series though, definitely could go either way.

Killakobe81
01-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Not underestimating them at all. I watch the Heat and LeBron appears to be the only player still hungry to win it all this year. Bosh even came out implying its hard for them to have the same passion after winning it all last year. Tonights game vs LA will confirm my belief. Assuming the Lakers sticks with the same game plan which is feed Dwight, the Heat will lose.

Great point, Lebron is the only flame that burns constant ...but come playoffs he will kick it up another notch and his team will follow. Plus Ray and Wade are clutch as hell though maybe not as much as they were in their primes. Chalmers also isnt shook ... I doubt Battier and Miller can hit 3's like last year but they also have Lewis. Rebounding is an issue but in big games Wade and Lebron rebound like bigs ...

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I actually think the Clippers match up about as well with OKC as possible. They have a ton of athleticism, and a lot more ways to score than OKC does with Chris Paul facilitating.

whitemamba
01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
I actually think the Clippers match up about as well with OKC as possible. They have a ton of athleticism, and a lot more ways to score than OKC does with Chris Paul facilitating.

this, the clippers have so many scoring options.. but tbh im not sure if i expect all those guys to keep those numbers up in the playoffs. who knows, but they def are deep on the offensive end.

Clipper Nation
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Clippers have improved, but Spurs swept them last year. Have they improved enough that they can go from being swept to beating the Spurs (assuming we are 2 and 3)? I'm not sure.

I can't help but keep looking at the free throw shooting on your front line and ask questions. Sure Jordan has improved, but he won't be on the court if he's shooting 40% from the free throw line. Can't replace him with Turiaf, so I think they will struggle to rebound against a big Spurs frontline of Splitter/Timmy.

Would be another fun series though, definitely could go either way.
On free throws: hacking DJ would be a terrible strategy.... the Clippers are too deep and too good on offense for coaches to willingly give extra possessions to....

Richie
01-17-2013, 02:22 PM
On free throws: hacking DJ would be a terrible strategy.... the Clippers are too deep and too good on offense for coaches to willingly give extra possessions to....

Extra possessions? I don't understand. The Clippers would obviously have more possessions throughout the game due to the clock being stopped, but I wouldn't call those extra possessions because the Spurs get the ball afterwards. I term extra possessions where you take a possession from the other team through a turnover. The Clippers don't get more possessions than the Spurs by doing it.

If anything, its closer to describe it as giving the Spurs extra possessions. Ill happily give the Clippers 120 possessions per game if 20 of those are Jordan shooting free throws (at 40%, thats 16 points) if it means the Spurs get 120 possessions too.

The reason I would be worried as a Clipper fan would be just looking back at the playoffs last year. You were up 22 in the first half 33-11 in Game 3 and we got back in to the game by hacking Reggie Evans, who might even be a better free throw shooter than Jordan.

The worst part for the Clippers is that it isn't just one guy either, so when hacking them every possession you don't have to let a single guy get in to a rhythm. It could be Blake, Jordan or Turiaf, although to be fair Blake has clearly improved. The pressure of the playoffs could get to him though you never know, the same could be said of Splitter though. In fact, Blake absolutely has to hit his free throws because you can't afford to bench him.

It's the Clippers biggest weakness that they are bad at free throws and it gives any team playing them an edge. They're still a good team and the Spurs almost certainly wouldn't sweep them again, but I'd be quietly confident knowing that the Clippers achilles heel is there if you need to exploit it.

Would be a great, fun series though.

Clipper Nation
01-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Pop can hack all he wants, but all that'll do is lengthen the game and negatively effect the Spurs' defensive intensity, making it easier for one of the best offenses in the league to build or extend a lead once the Spurs actually have to start playing defense again....

Clipper Nation
01-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Btw, the reason why the Hack-a-Big strategy worked so well against us last year wasn't because of the Clippers' poor free throw shooting, it was because three of our starters were too injured to consistently contribute enough on offense to take advantage of the Spurs' self-sabotage on the defensive end, and we didn't have nearly as much depth last year to counteract that.... you still would have easily won that series just by playing defense, tbh....

This year, I'd love it if the Spurs once again decided to stop playing defense, tbh... considering how many great offensive players we have now, do you really want to derail any defensive momentum you may have and risk a total collapse, just so DeAndre Jordan can brick a couple free throws?

Richie
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Derail defensive momentum? The whole point of the hack-a-Jordan strategy is that it is there to be used if our defence is floundering. Obviously this is the case, because we did it in the 2nd quarter of Game 3 when we were down 22. We aren't going to do it when we're ahead, or at least not often.

I think you're literally spouting nonsense to help convince yourself hacking Jordan won't be a liability. I don't understand what you're saying about 'defensive momentum', if we have any momentum (i.e. getting multiple consecutive stops) then we aren't going to stack hacking Jordan for the fun of it. It's there in our back pocket to use when the Clippers are rolling on offence and we can't get stops, as shown in Game 3 when we were down 33-11. It also takes the Clippers crowd out of the equation because crowds hate it and get irritated.

SpursIndonesia
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM
IMHO, when a team can't match up or simply sucks defensively, then they will resort to hacking. If their D is good enough to force low % offense, they'll choose that avenue, rather than giving freebies to opponent.

Clipper Nation
01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
IMHO, when a team can't match up or simply sucks defensively, then they will resort to hacking.

Not always true, sometimes teams do it in an attempt to stop a late-game run by the other team even if they aren't bad defensively.... the Clippers (an elite defensive team) started the Hack-a-Dwight late against the Lakers a few games ago when our lead started to dwindle, but all it ended up doing was letting the Lakers keep cutting the lead all the way down to 4...

Imho, it's an overrated strategy even when you're losing, since you're relying on the assumption that the worst free throw shooter on the opposing team won't start making the free throws once they shoot enough of them and get into a rhythm, but it's especially stupid when teams do it with a lead....

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
:lol..

thunderup
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
:lmao Clipper Nation with the horrific bads in this thread

lefty
05-06-2013, 03:15 AM

I think they have a good shot to win it all, if they can keep it together and stay healthy. The only issue ive seen is their halfcourt offense has been a little iffy at times.

They're legit contenders but I can't see them beating Miami or OKC in a 7 game series

VDN > Spolestra

People don't want to say it, but they are legit. They look like the real deal with their wins lately.

I rank OKC and the Clippers number 1 and 2 in the west, then a rung below both the Grizzlies and Spurs. That's the top 4. Everyone else is another rung or two below.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Reck
05-06-2013, 03:19 AM
LOL Lefty.

You should have a field day when Thunder fail to make it to the finals. They were also shoe ins. :lol

FkLA
05-06-2013, 03:23 AM

lol

Clipper Nation
05-06-2013, 03:26 AM
lol

:lol Diaw > Lee

FkLA
05-06-2013, 03:38 AM
:lol Diaw > Lee

Is me saying that supposed to make your retarded take any less retarded ?

Leetonidas
05-06-2013, 06:58 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

yeah you really got me there heeeeyoooooo

Killakobe81
05-06-2013, 09:40 AM
I dropped some pearls in this one ...too many of yall bought the Clips hype

Bynumite
05-06-2013, 02:56 PM

Flop City Nation :lmao Clippers winning it all :lmao

Talking shit about the Grizzlies being on the Clippers rear-view mirror :lmao

Memphis was always the better team, you needed an extremely fluky shooting night last season to advance to the 2nd round and multiple offensive fouls the size of Staples to win game 2 at the buzzer this season.

But he will blame it on Del Nigga per par.

Ashy Larry
05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
http://clipperdarrell.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/bannerpsd1.jpeg

Thebesteva
05-06-2013, 04:54 PM

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/srh666/whoallseenaleprechaunsayyeah.gif

Bynumite
07-20-2013, 10:53 PM

http://i.minus.com/iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

Bynumite
07-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Flop City Bitch dropping the bads all over this thread :lmao