Bruno
01-16-2013, 02:15 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_derrick_williams.jpg
Born: May 25, 1991
Height: 6-8
Weight: 241 lbs.
Prior to NBA: Arizona
Years Pro: 1

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/derrick_williams/career_stats.html)

TrainOfThought5
01-16-2013, 02:20 AM
does a scouting report come with this?? or a link to one?? or Baynes-esque prediction??

Bruno
01-16-2013, 02:52 AM
does a scouting report come with this?? or a link to one?? or Baynes-esque prediction??

No, No and No.

elemento
01-16-2013, 06:59 AM
As we've discussed him for a long time in the trade thread, I would love to grab the kid.

Make it happen RC Buford.

Chinook
01-16-2013, 08:28 AM
I could see this guy wasting his first contract shuttling back and forth between positions. He probably needs to focus on being a power-forward, because his shooting and athleticism make him a mismatch there. His strength and length don't seem to be that big of a problem for small-forwards, and Green did a good job in the post against him. That probably speaks more highly of Green than it does poorly of Williams, but I still think Derrick would be hard pressed to dominate players like Durant, Gay, Leonard, Battier or any other legitimate small-forward. He is certainly a legitimate shooter from three (almost 40 percent), and he would be even better in a system that focused on taking good shots.

I like him as a player off the bench this year and then the starting power-forward in subsequent years. He still has a really high ceiling if he can get out of Minnesota before they ruin his career.

CGD
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Could someone explain the Wolves' injury situation, and what impact that has on the availability of Williams? I cant sort out who is injured or not over there...

Chinook
01-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Could someone explain the Wolves' injury situation, and what impact that has on the availability of Williams? I cant sort out who is injured or not over there...

Love being injured (through March) may actually help the Spurs' ability to trade for Williams. If they move Williams, they'll need a back-up power-forward -- preferably one who can shoot threes. The Spurs just happen to have one on a semi-expiring contract. Add Neal and a first to the deal, and I could see that being attractive to Minnesota if they're really low on Williams.

Bruno
01-17-2013, 01:27 PM

elemento
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Honestly send them Bonner + Neal + Blair for Williams + Amundson. That helps both teams.

benefactor
01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Either a hybrid forward or a power forward.
:stirpot:

Seventyniner
01-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Williams basically is a hybrid forward. I don't get it.

Bruno
01-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Williams basically is a hybrid forward. I don't get it.

Adelman likes bigmen that are good passer and Williams is very poor in that area.

Seventyniner
01-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Adelman likes bigmen that are good passer and Williams is very poor in that area.

There goes the idea of using Bonner as trade bait.

JMarkJohns
01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
I can help with this one later. On phone right now. I've got advanced stats and over 100 games of in-depth analysis for the Arizona boards I moderate for through Scout and Rivals.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Blair can pass...
Bonner is a power-forward...
Neal can chuck...

Seems like a perfect combination.

In all seriousness, Williams has been getting more playing time under Porter. He's still green, but I think he's playing well. I don't get what Adelman has against him, but I'd begin to doubt his coaching ability if I were the Wolves.

TD 21
01-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Honestly send them Bonner + Neal + Blair for Williams + Amundson. That helps both teams.

Off season, I think the Spurs do this for sure. Leonard will be another year older and they'll have more time to determine who/what their backup PG should be. Right now, I don't know. Considering their current rotation, I'm not sure they'd give up Neal for a guy who'd more than likely be a fringe rotation player.

We can criticize Neal's PG skills or lack there of all we want, but the bottom line is, they make this trade, they don't have a fourth option and the fact that their third option is never too far away from his next injury and happens to play the same position, doesn't help matters.

On the other hand, you could say that it would likely force Leonard into this role, which is probably ultimately what needs to happen if they're going to have any chance of winning a championship anyway, considering how many more minutes he plays when they're healthy and how he generally closes.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
We dont have their dream big, Williams isn't good enough to send Splitter.

But we do have Green available so either directly or in a 3 ways trade I think it's very much possible to get him if they even try...

Chinook
01-17-2013, 06:04 PM
TD 21 I think Splitter is pretty much the fourth option at this point. I imagine trading for Williams would push Splitter back to the bench. Diaw or Wiliams would start. If Splitter is back with the second unit, he'll be the focus, anyway. Neal can make his own offense, but that's not really important, in my opinion. If the Spurs' system breaks down to the point that they have to hope someone can make plays on their own, I don't like their chances anyway.

The question we should ask about trading for Williams is this: What will it take to get him? I don't mean from the Spurs' angle exclusively. I just mean what will make the Wolves pull the trigger. They want a big who can shoot and rebound and pass, but those types of players usually aren't on the market. I doubt they get that for him, and they're really not in a position of strength, here. I think they'll move him by the draft no matter what, so I think it's going to come down to whoever has the best offer.

I haven't heard any proposals from other teams. Has anyone else? All I have seen is the Wolves trying to shop him and other teams refusing.

szkorhetz
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
I still think he can be a really good addition if we can bring him in for the srubs. Really. Do it Pop! Imagine the line-up of Parker-Leonard-Williams-Duncan-Splitter. Nasty. And just like Diaw and Jax, Williams can play both forwards. Pop would have scary versatility with Williams in the line-up

TD 21
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) I think Splitter is pretty much the fourth option at this point.

I'd say he's fifth, but either way, he can't really get his own. They trade Neal, they're down to two proven play makers on the perimeter, one of whom is extremely injury prone and can't be counted on for significant minutes.

I imagine trading for Williams would push Splitter back to the bench. Diaw or Wiliams would start.

I think the rotation would stay the same, only Williams would probably get those few minutes where Jackson is playing PF, alongside Diaw, at C.

Neal can make his own offense, but that's not really important, in my opinion.

Fair enough, but would you feel comfortable with Mills, De Colo or Joseph playing 8-10 mpg in a series against the Thunder, Clippers, or Grizzlies?

The question we should ask about trading for Williams is this: What will it take to get him? I don't mean from the Spurs' angle exclusively. I just mean what will make the Wolves pull the trigger. They want a big who can shoot and rebound and pass, but those types of players usually aren't on the market.

I still think they're holding out hope for Gasol, but it would take a third team to make it work. Ultimately though, if they're interested in Redick, there's no reason to think they won't be in Neal.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 06:39 PM
I still think he can be a really good addition if we can bring him in for the srubs. Really. Do it Pop! Imagine the line-up of Parker-Leonard-Williams-Duncan-Splitter. Nasty. And just like Diaw and Jax, Williams can play both forwards. Pop would have scary versatility with Williams in the line-up

Put Ginobili at the point and you'll have about the slowest lineup ever.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 06:45 PM

The D could go from good to truly scary with a athletic guy like Williams.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 06:47 PM

No.

The only potential speed disadvantage that could hurt us is at PF with Splitter like it's the case right now...

szkorhetz
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Have you ever seend Williams in real game?

Chinook
01-17-2013, 06:54 PM
I'd say he's fifth, but either way, he can't really get his own. They trade Neal, they're down to two proven play makers on the perimeter, one of whom is extremely injury prone and can't be counted on for significant minutes.

I don't think Neal is all that much of a play-maker, anyway. He has the potential, for sure, but he's too inconsistent to rely on. I think between Jack, Mills and the backup points, there's play-making to be unlocked.

I think the rotation would stay the same, only Williams would probably get those few minutes where Jackson is playing PF, alongside Diaw, at C. I think they'd have been more interested before they committed to playing Splitter alongside Duncan.

I think Pop is playing big right now because he doesn't like the rotation if Diaw starts. I also think he likes Diaw's play-making off the bench more than Splitter's contributions to the starting unit. I don't think this current lineup is sustainable. Williams, in my opinion, would be an excellent fit for the starting unit. I think he'd fit with Duncan a lot more than would with Splitter. But I guess Diaw would be an interesting front-court partner for him, too. I just don't think the Spurs would trade for him this year without him playing a lot of minutes. In June, maybe, but not this season.

Fair enough, but would you feel comfortable with Mills, De Colo or Joseph playing 8-10 mpg in a series against the Thunder, Clippers, or Grizzlies?

It would by dicey right now, but with the rest of the season to prepare, I think one of them would get some consistency. As soon as Pop really commits to one (which is hard to do when you have so many options), they'll start playing better. If Joseph can be as good in the bench as he's shown himself to be against lesser competition, I'd absolutely be willing to risk him messing up. It's not like Neal handles ball pressure well right now.

I still think they're holding out hope for Gasol, but it would take a third team to make it work. But ultimately, if they're interested in Redick, there's no reason to think they won't be in Neal.

That's what I'm thinking. I understand why a power-forward is important now, but they shouldn't be short-sighted. When Love comes back, that new big will be stuck on the bench, and they'll still need a shooter. They may as well take both with Bonner and Neal.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Have you ever seend Williams in real game?

Yes, and he's a terrible small-forward. He's too slow and doesn't know how to post up smaller defenders.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
No.

The only potential speed disadvantage that could hurt us is at PF with Splitter like it's the case right now...

Kawhi is a small-forward. He is not a two-guard. I don't know why anyone would want him to be one. Williams is a power-forward who is currently wasting his time at the three because Minnesota drafted him even when they had Love. He lost a lot of weight and still looks like a big on the perimeter. If I could trade for him on the condition that he play the three, I'd say no. I rather Green play the four than Williams play the three -- that's how against it I am.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Kawhi is a small-forward. He is not a two-guard. I don't know why anyone would want him to be one. Williams is a power-forward who is currently wasting his time at the three because Minnesota drafted him even when they had Love. He lost a lot of weight and still looks like a big on the perimeter. If I could trade for him on the condition that he play the three, I'd say no. I rather Green play the four than Williams play the three -- that's who against it I am.

Pop would as well probably so I think you're safe..........................

It's interesting that you say that the current lineup isn't substainable tbh. I think it misses one playmaker but I think they decided to give Tim Tiago a shot in the POs at this point...

Also KY's biggest asset on D is his length, he looks better vs twos imo, he can't really do that much vs long 3s like Gay or Durant.

TD 21
01-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I don't think Neal is all that much of a play-maker, anyway. He has the potential, for sure, but he's too inconsistent to rely on. I think between Jack, Mills and the backup points, there's play-making to be unlocked.

Play-maker in the sense that he can make plays for himself.

I disagree. There's very little play making amongst Jackson and Mills and De Colo and Joseph more than likely still wouldn't be in the rotation, so they're irrelevant.

I think Pop is playing big right now because he doesn't like the rotation if Diaw starts. I also think he likes Diaw's play-making off the bench more than Splitter's contributions to the starting unit. I don't think this current lineup is sustainable. Williams, in my opinion, would be an excellent fit for the starting unit. I think he'd fit with Duncan a lot more than would with Splitter. But I guess Diaw would be an interesting front-court partner for him, too. I just don't think the Spurs would trade for him this year without him playing a lot of minutes. In June, maybe, but not this season.

At first, I think he was just giving it a look. Now, I think he's committed to it. Splitter is too good to continue limiting him to 18-20 mpg and since they'll more than likely offer him less to re-sign than he could get in free agency, it wouldn't help matters if he were to revert to playing a limited role.

I agree that they probably wouldn't trade for him unless they were planning on him being a clear cut rotation player . . . which is why I'm not sure they'd make this trade now.

It would by dicey right now, but with the rest of the season to prepare, I think one of them would get some consistency. As soon as Pop really commits to one (which is hard to do when you have so many options), they'll start playing better. If Joseph can be as good in the bench as he's shown himself to be against lesser competition, I'd absolutely be willing to risk him messing up. It's not like Neal handles ball pressure well right now.

He might not fully commit to one though, since it's unlikely that any are good enough to stake claim to the spot. Neal's ability to create/shoot is more important than the fact that Joseph's PG skills are marginally better.

This team is trying to win a championship, they're at the midway point in the regular season and you want a relatively raw, unproven player, to come in and start and a completely raw, unproven player, to play backup PG?

That's what I'm thinking. I understand why a power-forward is important now, but they shouldn't be short-sighted. When Love comes back, that new big will be stuck on the bench, and they'll still need a shooter. They may as well take both with Bonner and Neal.

Well, in the case of Gasol, if they got him, Pekovic would likely be sent to a third team. They could be after Smith, too. But even if they could somehow pull that off (again, it would require a third team), Love can't play C full time and Smith wouldn't even think about re-signing if they had him come off the bench and play something like 30 mpg.

ace3g
01-17-2013, 08:01 PM
You can get a good look at DW vs the Clippers right now on TNT

benefactor
01-17-2013, 08:04 PM
:lol your definition of play maker. That's like Thunder fan trying to claim Kevin Martin is a play maker.

Neal sucks at making plays for himself. Why do you think he is such a horrible PG? He is much better at SG where he can have someone else set him up for a catch and shoot or a simple drive to the basket.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 08:05 PM
But Neal is still twice the passer Mills is at this point... He did play the Pnr with Tiago pretty well last year.

ace3g
01-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Wolves have Rubio and DW in the starting line up, last couple of games it was Shved and Cunningham

Chinook
01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Paranoid Pop Kawhi usually pretty good against small-fowards, actually. He's also not bad on power-forwards. He really only is good against big two-guards. He's not that great on small twos and ones. It'd be a shame to take him out of his element just to have Williams also play out of position.

benefactor
01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
But Neal is still twice the passer Mills is at this point... He did play the Pnr with Tiago pretty well last year.
Well that's like saying Khloe Kardashian is a little bit better looking than Oprah Winfrey.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
You can get a good look at DW vs the Clippers right now on TNT

Thanks for the reminder. Hopefully we can see what Williams can do when he doesn't have a two-guard shutting him down.

TD 21
01-17-2013, 08:23 PM
:lol your definition of play maker. That's like Thunder fan trying to claim Kevin Martin is a play maker.

Neal sucks at making plays for himself. Why do you think he is such a horrible PG? He is much better at SG where he can have someone else set him up for a catch and shoot or a simple drive to the basket.

Play making, at it's core, means making plays. It's generally associated with making plays for others, but it doesn't have to be. It's like the word consistent. People generally attach a positive connotation to it, but you can just as easily be consistently bad as you can be consistently good. Take you, for example. You're as consistent a poster as there is . . . you're just consistently bad.

Neal makes plays, only they're mostly for himself. Therefore he's a play maker, just not in the same sense as Parker and Ginobili. The reason Neal is a horrible PG, is because that position requires being able to do both.

You lose.

ace3g
01-17-2013, 08:24 PM
DW showing good shot blocking instincts in the paint.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 08:36 PM
He looks good at the four. I think the Wolves are showcasing him. But they may end up keeping him. It looks like Adelman has him buried on the bench wrongly.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Trade Green for this guy already... The love story between Pop and Green is so disturbing...

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
He looks good at the four. I think the Wolves are showcasing him. But they may end up keeping him. It looks like Adelman has him buried on the bench wrongly.

Well while he'd be at its best as a small ball pf, he could probably play some 3 competently.

I'd like Boris to play the 3 where his relative lack of rebounding wouldn't matter and make Williams the second PF. That said without Boris the second unit may struggle playmaking wise.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Well while he'd be at its best as a small ball pf, he could probably play some 3 competently.

I'd like Boris to play the 3 where his relative lack of rebounding wouldn't matter and make Williams the second PF. That said without Boris the second unit may struggle playmaking wise.

Williams is 6-9; he's just fine as a legitimate power-forward. That's taller than Diaw. He's underweight right now, too. In a few years, he'll have the body he needs to dominate at the four.

Diaw is definitely too slow to consistently play the three. He did a good job filling in as Green's backup, but really, he can't do it any more consistently than Danny can. We'll just ignore the Green debate, though.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 09:01 PM
So Sjax is much faster than Boris?

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Boris did awesome at the 3, it doesn't even compare to what Green did at the position....

Chinook
01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Pretty much. In the very least, Jack's more suited to be a perimeter player in the Spurs' system.

And Diaw wasn't great at the three. He was competant against James, who was definitely playing the four most of the game. Diaw also got more help that Green usually does.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Pretty much. In the very least, he's more suited to be a perimeter player in the Spurs' system.

Well it got too off topic already so I leave it at that but Boris did as well as anyone on Pierce and Lebron.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Well it got too off topic already so I leave it at that but Boris did as well as anyone on Pierce and Lebron.

I agree. But here's a link to Diaw's stats if you're curious: http://www.82games.com/1213/12SAS12.HTM

He was pretty bad at the three. Worse that Green: http://www.82games.com/1213/12SAS8.HTM

He did do well as a center, though. In general, it helps your stats to play small as opposed to big. That's another reason why I'd want Williams to play the four.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Wow, I know it's a small sample size, but Williams has really good numbers at the five: http://www.82games.com/1213/12MIN13.HTM

ace3g
01-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Wow, if DW would have thrown that dunk down

timtonymanu
01-17-2013, 09:21 PM
The trade deadline can't come soon enough.

Williams would be intriguing.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 09:23 PM
I'd give up Bonner, Neal and two protected picks for him without thinking twice.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
I agree. But here's a link to Diaw's stats if you're curious: http://www.82games.com/1213/12SAS12.HTM

He was pretty bad at the three. Worse that Green: http://www.82games.com/1213/12SAS8.HTM

He did do well as a center, though. In general, it helps your stats to play small as opposed to big. That's another reason why I'd want Williams to play the four.

Not clear cut at all imo, I'm on my phone so I will go into details later but the strength of competition is not accounted. And Boris gets twice the number of blocks he usually gets at SF while he played two of the best in the league but he's too slow... Also at center it might look good for (meaningless) individual stats because it boosts his rebounding but it hurts the team if you look at the stats.

ace3g
01-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Pek is injured now

Chinook
01-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Pek is injured now

Add Blair?

Chinook
01-17-2013, 09:47 PM
There you go, Derrick.

ace3g
01-17-2013, 09:48 PM
right quad contusion for Pek.

DW just threw down a nice alley oop.

benefactor
01-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Play making, at it's core, means making plays. It's generally associated with making plays for others, but it doesn't have to be. It's like the word consistent. People generally attach a positive connotation to it, but you can just as easily be consistently bad as you can be consistently good. Take you, for example. You're as consistent a poster as there is . . . you're just consistently bad.

Neal makes plays, only they're mostly for himself. Therefore he's a play maker, just not in the same sense as Parker and Ginobili. The reason Neal is a horrible PG, is because that position requires being able to do both.

You lose.
So making up your own definition makes you the winner? I can give you three different links to definitions that say seem to say you are full of shit. Would you like them or do you just want to stick with your defining things in whatever way you feel suits you?

Chinook
01-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Williams playing at the three now.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Wolves can't catch a break....

ace3g
01-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Wolves really could use Bonner, Blair, and Neal now. They (wolves) wouldn't have much trade leverage either.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 10:20 PM
I wonder whom they'd cut. The Spurs can only take back one additional player with Williams if they want to remain under the tax.

Bruno
01-17-2013, 10:52 PM
What's weird when following a player you want Spurs to trade for, is that you don't really know what to wish for.
Do you want him to play well to draw Spurs interest on him and to prove you're right that Spurs should trade for him?
Do you want him to play bad to lower his trade value and to push his current team to trade him away?

Anyway, regarding Williams, I still think Spurs should trade for him. The most Spurs should offer would be Neal+Bonner+Blair+1st for Williams and Amundson.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 11:04 PM
What's weird when following a player you want Spurs to trade for, is that you don't really know what to wish for.
Do you want him to play well to draw Spurs interest on him and to prove you're right that Spurs should trade for him?
Do you want him to play bad to lower his trade value and to push his current team to trade him away?

Anyway, regarding Williams, I still think Spurs should trade for him. The most Spurs should offer would be Neal+Bonner+Blair+1st for Williams and Amundson.

I could dig it.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Williams is worth more than that. Green+Bonner could be fair but I don't think they will be receptive to offers with subpar bigs with their situation, and especially older ones since their season seems basically over.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Best bet could be a 3 way trade.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Best bet could be a 3 way trade.

Well, tinker around in the trade machine. I'm interesting in seeing what you come up with.

(But please at least try to have some [hell, I'll settle for one] that don't include Green. :lol)

ace3g
01-17-2013, 11:46 PM

Definitely one of those scenarios where the player in question, you want them to perform well enough to hopefully be on the radar of the Spurs, but not well enough to where his trade value becomes too inflated.

Chinook
01-17-2013, 11:54 PM
I could see Williams and Rindour moved. Those are their two best movable assets.

ace3g
01-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR (https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR) NBA granted #Twolves (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Twolves&src=hash) injury exception b/c team has 4 players currently that will miss a minimum of 2 weeks. And additional players hurt.

Chinook
01-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR (https://twitter.com/Twolves_PR) NBA granted #Twolves (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Twolves&src=hash) injury exception b/c team has 4 players currently that will miss a minimum of 2 weeks. And additional players hurt.

Will those exceptions last the whole season? If so, I guess it's possible to trade them three-for-two or even three-for-one. I imagine they're looking at getting back multiple players for Williams, anyway.

ace3g
01-18-2013, 08:30 PM
The Lakers (http://www.latimes.com/topic/sports/basketball/los-angeles-lakers-ORSPT000104.topic) have reportedly shown interest in Minnesota Timberwolves (http://www.latimes.com/topic/sports/basketball/minnesota-timberwolves-ORSPT000107.topic) forward Dante Cunningham (http://www.latimes.com/topic/sports/basketball/dante-cunningham-PESPT0000010711.topic).
According to Darren Wolfson of 1500ESPN.com, "Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak (http://www.latimes.com/topic/sports/basketball/mitch-kupchak-PESPT000009433.topic) is said to have called the Wolves recently about forward Dante Cunningham."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-report-links-lakers-dante-cunningham-20130118,0,2291191.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Chinook
01-18-2013, 08:49 PM
I've liked what I've seen of Cunningham actually. He seems like the exact type of power-forward the Spurs need next to Tim. But I don't think they trade him.

Meanwhile, what do the Lakers even have to offer?

ace3g
01-18-2013, 09:04 PM
I've liked what I've seen of Cunningham actually. He seems like the exact type of power-forward the Spurs need next to Tim. But I don't think they trade him.

Meanwhile, what do the Lakers even have to offer?

knowing Lakers, probably get him for a 2nd rounder, lol

or he could be just part of the trade package

Chinook
01-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Cunningham could work next to Howard, actually. He has good range and plays scrappy defense. I can imagine the Lakers wanting him as part of a Gasol trade.

If the Spurs wanted to get in on such a trade, they'd probably have to give up Jack's contract. A possible deal could look like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8xm9bm

I wouldn't want to trade Jack to the Lakers under any circumstances. I'd rather move Bonner, but that just doesn't work financially.

Bruno
01-19-2013, 03:03 AM
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_Scoops_Aggressive_Wolves_making_progress_on_tr ade_for_big_man011813

Until recently, Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn was busy taking trade calls from rival executives, not making them.

But a team source said that has changed in the last week. In fact, Kahn was aggressively working the phone Wednesday and Thursday way more than normal for mid-January and is making some progress on a trade. The source said it's for more of a big guy, not a wing.

The most likely player to be sent elsewhere is forward Derrick Williams. Multiple team and league sources say he's being shopped heavily.

The Wolves' target is unknown, but there are guys who can be ruled out. They don't have interest in Portland's J.J. Hickson, who in the final year of his deal is available. They also don't have interest in Atlanta's Josh Smith, who is being shopped.

It quite rules out Spurs for a 2 teams trade but they could still be a part of a 3 way trade if the third team doesn't like Williams.

Chinook
01-19-2013, 10:46 AM
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/The_Scoops_Aggressive_Wolves_making_progress_on_tr ade_for_big_man011813

It quite rules out Spurs for a 2 teams trade but they could still be a part of a 3 way trade if the third team doesn't like Williams.

Hey, Bonner and Blair are "bigs."

Maybe they'll foolishly want Drew Gooden (who can actually be pretty good when he's the sole competent big man on a team). Milwaukee would probably jump at the chance to get rid of him, and if they don't want Williams, the Spurs' expirings may be off good use. So maybe something like this would work:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ap8db3d

The Spurs get back Williams and Amundson, the Bucks get Bonnner, Neal and $1 Million and the Wolves get Gooden and Blair.

CGD
01-19-2013, 12:17 PM
If they want a big, Maybe the wolves want in on either of the Milsap/Jefferson duo. They have interesting parts to package with him to make the money work too. I know Williams is in the doghouse but I think this forum is undervaluing him. as if Blair's knees are going to get better if he moves to Minni or anywhere else.

Biggems
01-19-2013, 01:40 PM
maybe I am in the minority, but I am just not all that impressed with Williams. However, if he helps us rid ourselves of Blair and Bonner, I guess I can get behind having him on the team.

Still, I want extra draft picks in this draft, at least 1 if not 2.

ace3g
01-19-2013, 11:17 PM
With Johnson & Gelabale (both just added to the roster) playing most all the crunch-time minutes tonight, DW probably lowered his trade value, maybe some teams will stay away from him.

Chinook
01-20-2013, 01:35 PM
With Houston apparently trying to get Randolph from the Grizzlies, it seems likely that they will have to trade a couple of the power-forwards to clear enough space. Memphis has a lot of bigs, and I doubt they'd really want three or four more on their roster. If Minnesota is looking for bigs, Houston seems like the best trade partner. The thing is, Houston won't have the cap space to take both Randolph and Williams without finding a way to move Asik or Lin. So if Memphis doesn't want Williams, then the Wolves will have to look for a fourth team to take him.

Enter the Spurs? Possibly. They have the guards and expiring contracts to fill the Grizzlies' coffers enough to make the numbers work. If they can find a fifth team to take Blair (or if the Wolves want him), then facilitating the trade should be easy:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axfr52o

Something like this could certainly go down. It's probably more likely that team like Phoenix plays the fourth-team role and just take Williams for nothing. But I imagine that Williams' value is at an all-time low right now, and Bonner, Neal and a first (probably to Memphis) really seems like fair value if the Wolves get the big(s) they want from Houston.

Seventyniner
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM

That is just....beautiful.

ace3g
01-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Hope he is ok :57 mark he gets a dunk to end the half and after he lands goes to his knees, could be foot/thigh injury. He did play in the 2nd half so that is a good thing, but something to keep track of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi4mugGEwXk

Paranoid Pop
01-22-2013, 01:02 AM
With Houston apparently trying to get Randolph from the Grizzlies, it seems likely that they will have to trade a couple of the power-forwards to clear enough space. Memphis has a lot of bigs, and I doubt they'd really want three or four more on their roster. If Minnesota is looking for bigs, Houston seems like the best trade partner. The thing is, Houston won't have the cap space to take both Randolph and Williams without finding a way to move Asik or Lin. So if Memphis doesn't want Williams, then the Wolves will have to look for a fourth team to take him.

Enter the Spurs? Possibly. They have the guards and expiring contracts to fill the Grizzlies' coffers enough to make the numbers work. If they can find a fifth team to take Blair (or if the Wolves want him), then facilitating the trade should be easy:

Something like this could certainly go down. It's probably more likely that team like Phoenix plays the fourth-team role and just take Williams for nothing. But I imagine that Williams' value is at an all-time low right now, and Bonner, Neal and a first (probably to Memphis) really seems like fair value if the Wolves get the big(s) they want from Houston.

Feels like Memphis is not getting enough back, unlike Gay, taking back salary won't be enough to get Randolph imo, the Grizz will want some serious assets in return...

Raven
01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
i would absolutely love to see him in a spurs jersey. They may accept a trade with just danny green, considering how well he would fit there and how depleted they are at the sg. I still think he is a sf not a pf, so working on weight and speed should be priority since he can already shoot and rebound (for a sf that is). Moving Kawhi to sg and pair him with Derrick, makes me salivate.

look_at_g_shred
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
i would absolutely love to see him in a spurs jersey. They may accept a trade with just danny green, considering how well he would fit there and how depleted they are at the sg. I still think he is a sf not a pf, so working on weight and speed should be priority since he can already shoot and rebound (for a sf that is). Moving Kawhi to sg and pair him with Derrick, makes me salivate.

Much rather have KL at the 3 for his defense. These days the SF position we go up against are the most dangerous.

Paranoid Pop
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Much rather have KL at the 3 for his defense. These days the SF position we go up against are the most dangerous.

Well with an athlete like Williams you probably can get away with switching him on SGs on D so it's not necessarily contradictory.

Raven
01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Well with an athlete like Williams you probably can get away with switching him on SGs on D so it's not necessarily contradictory.

the problem is Durant's height.. Kawhi can follow him speedwise and guard him properly, but Durant can still score over him, that's why i'm thinking right now we'd be better off tryin to adapt diaw to guard him on the perimeter, since the paint is locked anyway with the timmy-splitter combo. Someone like Derrick who is 6-8 and very atletic, could be a good matchup for Durant.

Paranoid Pop
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
the problem is Durant's height.. Kawhi can follow him speedwise and guard him properly, but Durant can still score over him, that's why i'm thinking right now we'd be better off tryin to adapt diaw to guard him on the perimeter, since the paint is locked anyway with the timmy-splitter combo. Someone like Derrick who is 6-8 and very atletic, could be a good matchup for Durant.

I actually agree with your original idea of playing KY SG, now regarding Durant's case, no one can probably contest his shots, so it comes down to denying him the ball and steals, something KY is pretty good at.

Strategic
01-23-2013, 04:54 PM
I actually agree with your original idea of playing KY SG, now regarding Durant's case, no one can probably contest his shots, so it comes down to denying him the ball and steals, something KY is pretty good at.

Yep. I actually think the Spurs are set up well enough to contest Durant. The issue is Ibaka and KMart.

Chinook
01-23-2013, 05:58 PM

Kawhi is plenty tall enough to defend Durant. Their standing reaches are only four inches apart, so it's not like Durant has a lot of room to get his shot off. Also, it's rare to block shots on the perimeter. Defenders usually obstruct the vision of their man while moving them off their spots. If Durant can't see the basket and has to move somewhere he's not comfortable to shoot, then he's much more likely to miss. As PP said, no one is going to block Durant's jumpshots. KD has a higher standing reach than Splitter does. It's just like defending Dirk. Players like Jack could check him because they were aggressive with bodying Dirk up and getting a hand in his face. Even Kawhi has had success against Dirk, and it's almost impossible to block a shot with that kind of arch.

CGD
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
From the Hoopsrumors website:

"This isn't the first time we've heard about the Celtics' interest in Redick, as David Baumann of SportsTalkFlorida.com reported last week (via Twitter (https://twitter.com/DavidBaumann33/status/292657457157779456)) that the C's "covet" the 28-year-old. In order to make any trade work financially, Boston would have to send out at least a few million in salary, and that's assuming the Magic wouldn't try to include any of their less-desirable contracts. When Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities discussed potential Timberwolves' interest (http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/01/wolves-rumors-pekovic-varejao-redick-hayward.html) in Redick three weeks ago, he noted it would take Derrick Williams (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/willide02.html?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com) and a first-round pick to get Orlando's attention, so the Duke product won't come cheap."

A few things to react to:

(1) It would take Williams + a 1st (at least) for Redick. Should contextualize the Williams asking price some.
(2) If the C's and Wolves want and undersized SG who can shoot lights out, maybe they'll accept a cheaper version in Neal.

td4mvp2k
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
A few things to react to:

(1) It would take Williams + a 1st (at least) for Redick. Should contextualize the Williams asking price some.
(2) If the C's and Wolves want and undersized SG who can shoot lights out, maybe they'll accept a cheaper version in Neal.Neal, Blair, Bonner and a 1st for Williams

Paranoid Pop
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Williams + pick for Green + Bonbon

Bonbon would be a good fit for them, a nice backup for Love. But they probably need a center more than anything... Would save the Spurs some money for the off season too.

pad300
01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Williams + pick for Green + Bonbon

Bonbon would be a good fit for them, a nice backup for Love. But they probably need a center more than anything... Would save the Spurs some money for the off season too.

Why do you keep proposing silly deals to get rid of Green?
I get that you don't like the guy, but quit being stupid. Manu isn't going to play more than 28 MPG at the 2 (and probably less than that, and will likely miss several more games due to injury and rest). Who's the best 2 : Green, Neal, De Colo, Mills and CoJo? Of all of them, IMO it's Green by a longshot, and I think Pop agrees with me.
We have 2 effective SF - Kawhi and SJax, so pulling Kawhi over to man the two simply moves the minutes problem to the SF spot. Not to mention, that given Kawhi has only seen very limited minutes at the 2 - he might be less effective there with more minutes.
So quit proposing to get rid of Green without bringing back a 2 guard somehow (or at least another SF to allow Kawhi to move down). Preferably a better one than Green - which will actually take some doing, with only 3.75 million in Salary cap space to work with.

elemento
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Crazy price for Redick tbh. He is barely better than Neal.

Minny would do a Green/Williams swap in a heartbeat, but the Spurs wouldn't. I still like the idea of Neal + Blair + Bonner for Williams + Amundson. I think it's good trade for both teams.

Chinook
01-25-2013, 04:32 PM
I get that you don't like the guy, but quit being stupid. Manu isn't going to play more than 28 MPG at the 2 (and probably less than that, and will likely miss several more games due to injury and rest). Who's the best 2 : Green, Neal, De Colo, Mills and CoJo? Of all of them, IMO it's Green by a longshot, and I think Pop agrees with me.
We have 2 effective SF - Kawhi and SJax, so pulling Kawhi over to man the two simply moves the minutes problem to the SF spot. Not to mention, that given Kawhi has only seen very limited minutes at the 2 - he might be less effective there with more minutes.
So quit proposing to get rid of Green without bringing back a 2 guard somehow (or at least another SF to allow Kawhi to move down). Preferably a better one than Green - which will actually take some doing, with only 3.75 million in Salary cap space to work with.

He wants Diaw to play the three, with Williams getting some backup minutes there, too.

Paranoid Pop
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM

The difference between Green and Neal is microbial imo tbh and I think De Colo is a SG as well, and would be a very good option next to TP. To each his own.

That said I don't think the current Williams is really much better than Green either, he finishes at the rim much better but the size is what sets him apart. Someone with that kind of athleticism as a 3-small ball 4, the best position in the league at the top at least, could be incredibly precious.

Chinook
01-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Williams had a double-double tonight with 18 and 11. He only shot 6/17, but he had 8FTA. It looks like he's still trying to be a perimeter player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278352

FireMicoHalili
01-26-2013, 03:27 AM
I don't think Green's going anywhere, Pop's fallen in love with him. Same can be said of Bonbon...

Paranoid Pop
01-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I don't think Green's going anywhere, Pop's fallen in love with him. Same can be said of Bonbon...

What is clear to me is that Bonbon won't be paid 1M to go away, no way that happens, so really it's either they trade him now or we get one more year of Bonbon. I wouldn't put it passed the FO to also re-sign Blair........

FireMicoHalili
01-26-2013, 11:37 AM
What is clear to me is that Bonbon won't be paid 1M to go away, no way that happens, so really it's either they trade him now or we get one more year of Bonbon. I wouldn't put it passed the FO to also re-sign Blair........

Are you American? It's "put past". Okay yeah stipulated, but Bonner's become indispensable. We need a stretch four, and Diaw isn't a consistent shooter as of late. Maybe get a small forward? Like Tobias Harris or Chris Singleton or Jeremy Evans.

look_at_g_shred
02-18-2013, 03:56 PM
I still think this guy would flourish in our system.

DesignatedT
02-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Is this a reasonable target? What does Minnesota reportedly want in return?

Chinook
02-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Is this a reasonable target? What does Minnesota reportedly want in return?

We've been speculating Bonner and sweeteners. Neal and a 2013 first this season; 2013 and 2014 firsts during the draft. The longer the hold on to him, the lower his value will get, I think.

Richie
02-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Chinook I know you're a little bit obsessed with Williams, but why would the Wolves take such trash for him? An expiring Neal and a #30 for a sophmore #2 pick? If they want Neal, they could just sign him as a free agent, we likely won't be able to match any significant offer if we want to bring back Manu and Splitter.

A 2013 and 2014 pick? Again neither have much value at all as it's likely to be a #30 and a 2014 in the 25-30 range. They could get much better, someone would be able to give them a better player or a mid 1st for him. One #20 is worth a lot more than two #30s

DesignatedT
02-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Our picks are trash. I have a hard time seeing anything we can offer being the best on the table.

Chinook
02-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Chinook I know you're a little bit obsessed with Williams, but why would the Wolves take such trash for him? An expiring Neal and a #30 for a sophmore #2 pick? If they want Neal, they could just sign him as a free agent, we likely won't be able to match any significant offer if we want to bring back Manu and Splitter.

A 2013 and 2014 pick? Again neither have much value at all as it's likely to be a #30 and a 2014 in the 25-30 range. They could get much better, someone would be able to give them a better player or a mid 1st for him. One #20 is worth a lot more than two #30s

Here's the main question you have to answer: If the Wolves have hope for Williams, why would they want to trade him at all? You just don't do that why that type of talent. I don't think any team will give Minnesota a lot if they are seriously trying to move him, which is likely if they don't think he's worth the money he's getting next season.

Secondly, that was one of the lamest cheap shots I've ever seen. This is a thread about Derrick Williams. Why is posting in here a sign of obsession? If you think following a player who's not on your team is a bad thing, I don't know what you're doing in the Think Tank.

Chinook
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Our picks are trash. I have a hard time seeing anything we can offer being the best on the table.

It's pretty much an option if the Wolves want to salary dump him. He's supposed to make more than $5 Million next season, which is too much to pay if they give up on him. That's a pretty chuck of cap space, which the Wolves actually lack next off-season.

Remember, the Warriors paid $10 Million for the 29th pick last season. Some teams value picks more than you'd think.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-19-2013, 03:11 AM

Well GS paid $11 mil for our first round pick just a year ago :lol

elemento
02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
A few things

Neal + SA 1st round is not trash. SA got rid of 11m with a late 1st round pick. Neal is probably better than all the SGs that Minny has right now. Spurs fans tend to underrate our assets and overrate what's not here.

For the record, Minny gave Houston the 18th pick (Terrence Jones) in a good draft for Chase Budinger, a career backup SF that will be an UFA by the end of the season.

Neal is a RFA. Considering that Minny will have to spend a lot of money to re-sign Pekovic and Budinger, I don't think it's such a bad idea for them to have Neal.

Minny can wait obviously, but the last time they did it, it was too late. They traded Wes Johnson for nothing and he was a high lottery pick in 2010 (4th pick overall). That doesn't mean anything if the player doesn't produce.

Considering what Derrick Williams has showed so far, I don't think they will get a much better offer than that tbh.

exstatic
02-19-2013, 08:59 AM
A few things

Neal + SA 1st round is not trash. SA got rid of 11m with a late 1st round pick. Neal is probably better than all the SGs that Minny has right now. Spurs fans tend to underrate our assets and overrate what's not here.

For the record, Minny gave Houston the 18th pick (Terrence Jones) in a good draft for Chase Budinger, a career backup SF that will be an UFA by the end of the season.

Neal is a RFA. Considering that Minny will have to spend a lot of money to re-sign Pekovic and Budinger, I don't think it's such a bad idea for them to have Neal.

Minny can wait obviously, but the last time they did it, it was too late. They traded Wes Johnson for nothing and he was a high lottery pick in 2010 (4th pick overall). That doesn't mean anything if the player doesn't produce.

Considering what Derrick Williams has showed so far, I don't think they will get a much better offer than that tbh.

This. Adelman hates his game, and when Love is healthy, he hardly plays at all. His problem is that he really isn't a 3 at all. His best position is stretch 4, and they have Love.

Chinook
02-19-2013, 10:24 AM
^And Cunningham, whom Adelman loves.

I will say though that Shved is better than Neal.

elemento
02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Shved may have a higher ceiling, but RIGHT NOW he is not better than Neal.

The biggest problem with Shved is that he is a terrible fit paired with Rubio because he is not a good shooter. Shved is shooting @ 37%FG and 30% from 3p this season. Neal is a much better fit with Rubio, even if he is not the perfect starting material SG.

SpursSerb
07-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Probably a long shot,but do we still have a possibilty to trade for him?Minny seems desperate to trade him,and it seems he has no significant value.Possible low risk-high reward.

Mel_13
07-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Probably a long shot,but do we still have a possibilty to trade for him?Minny seems desperate to trade him,and it seems he has no significant value.Possible low risk-high reward.

Not so low risk. The team that has Williams has a major decision to make by Oct 31, 2013. That's the deadline for a 6.3M team option for 2014-15.

SpursSerb
07-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Didn't know that.

JMarkJohns
07-04-2013, 06:18 PM
He averaged 15-6 in 30 mpg as a starter in the final 32 games last year, on 45 FG/34 3FG.

Per 36 he's 18-7.

6.3 million for those stats plus restricted rights in two years is a steal, assuming you actually play him more than 15-20 minutes.

Not sure it's right for Spurs, but I'm shocked a team hasn't acquired him yet.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-05-2013, 01:41 PM
i think williams would be a nice tag along in a sing and trade for ak.

Bruno
07-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Derrick Williams has been too good in the second half of the season to remain a realistic trade target. Time to move on...

SpursSerb
07-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Well who knows,couple of draft picks could do the trick.Minnesota obviously has no future plans with him,and they weren't able to trade him on draft night.

Chinook
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Derrick Williams has been too good in the second half of the season to remain a realistic trade target. Time to move on...

I agree, especially now that they already made use of their cap space. I think they could use Bonner in a trade, but that's not enough to get Williams unless the Spurs add a lot of picks.

We'll see how this season goes, though. The way Adelman has refused to play him, he might be out of there before they have to make a decision on his last option.

td4mvp2k
09-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Would look for wat twolves do wit him afta TC... Would def trade for him if so

timtonymanu
11-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Just read on realgm that the Wolves have made Derrick Williams and Shved available in trade talks. The Wolves want a veteran back.

yavozerb
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Pass..guy is due 6+ mil next season as well. Way to expensive project and the spurs already have quite a bit in salary for next season. wait till FA on him.

Chinook
11-12-2013, 08:05 PM
With the way Diaw is playing, there's not much point in Williams. But if the Shots can get him for scraps, he could get some of Belinelli's, Ayres'and Splitter's minutes.

baseline bum
11-12-2013, 09:22 PM
God, that 2011 first round was such garbage outside of Irving, Leonard, and Thompson.

Chinook
11-12-2013, 11:23 PM
God, that 2011 first round was such garbage outside of Irving, Leonard, and Thompson.

No love for Butler or Faried?

Raven
11-13-2013, 04:29 AM

wtf, kanter, tristan thompson, valančiunas, vučevič, tobias harris, faried, jimmy butler and other players are legit.. still early to call superstars, but it was a really deep and strong draft..

Captivus
11-13-2013, 07:40 AM
wtf, kanter, tristan thompson, valančiunas, vučevič, tobias harris, faried, jimmy butler and other players are legit.. still early to call superstars, but it was a really deep and strong draft..

Everybody is saying this guy can be very good...we will see...

CGD
11-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Nah, don't think he's worth $6.3M next year and $8.2M the following. I was interested last year when there was still an option on him, and a chance to see what he had.

Bruno
11-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Wolves are weird. They picked up Williams $6.3M team option for 2014-2015 and are now giving him either DNP-CD or garbage time minutes. I get the logic behind picking the option would be that he is a trade asset but by not playing him, his trade value is dropping day by day. I'm still all for Spurs going after him.

Shved is a nice young player but the issue is that Spurs wouldn't have a lot of minutes to give him with Green, Ginobili and Belinelli on the team.

Spursfanfromafar
11-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Will they trade him & Shved for Bonner, Baynes & De Colo?

ace3g
11-18-2013, 06:04 PM
kevin (phillips)

Hey Chad, Love your stuff, What is your take on the Derrick Williams situation in Minnesota? Is he getting interest from other teams
Chad Ford (1:30 PM)

From everything I can gather, he's available. It's just about finding the right deal. Head coach Rick Adelman would prefer another veteran big to fill out the rotation. I think GM Flip Saunders wants a little more value. I know the Kings have a lot interest in Williams and might have the right combination of veterans to make a deal (Jason Williams? Chuck Hayes?).

td4mvp2k
11-18-2013, 06:21 PM
kevin (phillips)Hey Chad, Love your stuff, What is your take on the Derrick Williams situation in Minnesota? Is he getting interest from other teamsChad Ford (1:30 PM)From everything I can gather, he's available. It's just about finding the right deal. Head coach Rick Adelman would prefer another veteran big to fill out the rotation. I think GM Flip Saunders wants a little more value. I know the Kings have a lot interest in Williams and might have the right combination of veterans to make a deal (Jason Williams? Chuck Hayes?).i think bonner and fills could do it.

TrainOfThought5
11-18-2013, 06:53 PM
I honestly believe Williams would give us the final piece we need.

timtonymanu
11-18-2013, 08:07 PM
I still prefer Ariza and Amir Johnson over Derrick Williams.

td4mvp2k
11-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I honestly believe Williams would give us the final piece we need.tru dat and just think how pop can use a player like him in todays nba... I cant think of a player spurs had who can do wat he can tbh

exstatic
11-19-2013, 08:16 AM
If we're considering overpaid draft busts, I'd much rather have Evan Turner. He has actual basketball skills, not just physical ones.

Oh, and lol, T'Wolves. This is a perfect example of everyone in an organization NOT being on the same page. The only time DW ever played was when others were injured. Adelman does not like him, and has never liked him. He can't shoot, and is an unwilling passer, making him a terrible fit for their offense, and frankly ours.

ace3g
11-25-2013, 02:27 PM
From one of the main beat writers for Wolves

Dan Barreiro@DanBarreiroKFAN (http://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN)

Derrick Williams run in Minnesota is 99.9 percent over...details at 3

Bruno
11-25-2013, 02:39 PM
It didn't looked good at all for him lately. Adelman has gone with Dante Cunningham and Robbie Hummel instead of him so it's not like he wasn't playing because there were all stars taking his minutes.

ace3g
11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson
(http://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson)Buzz from Mohegan Sun event over the weekend where #Twolves (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Twolves) GM Milt Newton was: D-Will trade is close. Utah, Sac. NYK, Nets possible.

ace3g
11-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Dan Barreiro ‏@DanBarreiroKFAN (https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN) 16m (https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN/status/405082395243601921) @cosmicatomic (https://twitter.com/cosmicatomic) Just laid them out: Deal all but done for defensive player that will not blow your mind from name standpoint. Almost no value.

szkorhetz
11-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Dan Barreiro ‏@DanBarreiroKFAN (https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN) 16m (https://twitter.com/DanBarreiroKFAN/status/405082395243601921) @cosmicatomic (https://twitter.com/cosmicatomic) Just laid them out: Deal all but done for defensive player that will not blow your mind from name standpoint. Almost no value.
Hayes/Outlaw/MBah a Moute??

Mel_13
11-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Would have been hilarious if the Nyets traded AK47 back to Minny and he had to play there for 3M after opting out of 10M.

ace3g
11-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
(http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)Timberwolves, I'm told, are in advanced discussions with Sacramento on a deal that would swap Derrick Williams for Luc Mbah A Moute

DrunkTXLabrat
11-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Would have been hilarious if the Nyets traded AK47 back to Minny and he had to play there for 3M after opting out of 10M.

so true.

exstatic
11-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
(http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)Timberwolves, I'm told, are in advanced discussions with Sacramento on a deal that would swap Derrick Williams for Luc Mbah A Moute

Is Luc at least an ending contract, because he would appear to be at least as poor a fit in Adelman's offense as DW was.

exstatic
11-25-2013, 09:44 PM

:lol

Chinook
11-26-2013, 02:14 AM
Lol, teams swapping the two combo-forwards I coveted the most in the off-season.

Chinook
11-26-2013, 02:18 AM
Although you have to think that Bonner would have been as enticing as LRMaM had the Spurs offered him.

Bruno
11-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Mbah A Moute for a player drafted with the second pick? That's an as low a return you could get.

I really like Mbah A Moute as a player but he is seriously offensively challenged. For Kings, it's a good value return but they still have a lot of bigmen and if they intend of playing Williams at SF, it will fail again. He is a PF.

Spursfanfromafar
11-26-2013, 08:54 AM
D-Williams is a confused tweener, who was bad as both PF and SF and only "potential" going in for him. Prince A Moute is putrid at offense, but a terrific defender. Prince would be a placeholder until I think Budinger is back from injury and a situational player after that. While D-Williams will continue to suck, this time for the yucky Queens.

FireMicoHalili
11-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Kings have too many confused forwards in Landry, Patterson, and Williams. Three-deep at various positions too (Thornton, McLemore, Salmons at SG, Thomas, Fredetre, and Vazquez at PG). Hoping they clean up and get a reputable young star.

Bruno
11-26-2013, 05:09 PM
We will see who will emerge among the glut of forwards Kings have which could led to some players being available around the trade deadline. A trade like Paterson for De Colo and Baynes might be a good opportunity for Spurs in a couple of months.

Chinook
11-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Having a good game against the Clippers. He's playing the three right now. With Dudley as his guard, I wouldn't read too much into Williams' ability to play there full time.

Chinook
11-30-2013, 12:52 AM
12/6/4 started off great, piddled out in OT. Still would have traded Bonner and two firsts for him. His game is more complete than it looked like in Minnesota.

yavozerb
11-30-2013, 11:31 AM
12/6/4 started off great, piddled out in OT. Still would have traded Bonner and two firsts for him. His game is more complete than it looked like in Minnesota.

2 firsts, damn :wow...Twolves would have taken that and ran in a second. D will will be an average 3/4 type player with a bloated contract for the next 2 seasons and you wanna give up 2 1sts.

Chinook
11-30-2013, 12:36 PM
2 firsts, damn :wow...Twolves would have taken that and ran in a second. D will will be an average 3/4 type player with a bloated contract for the next 2 seasons and you wanna give up 2 1sts.

That was my suggestion during the draft. Then, it would have just been LJC and whomever the team selects this year. It's obviously isn't as attractive now with his option picked up and him not having the summer to learn the system.

Still, I think he's an elilte talent. The Spurs are nearing the phase In which they need that over a couple of role-players. Also, the team has plenty if late-first-caliber prospects in Europe. They don't desperately need more.

yavozerb
11-30-2013, 03:00 PM
That was my suggestion during the draft. Then, it would have just been LJC and whomever the team selects this year. It's obviously isn't as attractive now with his option picked up and him not having the summer to learn the system.

Still, I think he's an elilte talent. The Spurs are nearing the phase In which they need that over a couple of role-players. Also, the team has plenty if late-first-caliber prospects in Europe. They don't desperately need more.
Dont get me wrong, I would love to have DW on the spurs but at this point his ship is out to sea until he reaches the age of 28-30 cause teams will keep overpaying for this "elite talent".

Raven
11-30-2013, 04:03 PM

:lol gold

CGD
12-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Dont get me wrong, I would love to have DW on the spurs but at this point his ship is out to sea until he reaches the age of 28-30 cause teams will keep overpaying for this "elite talent".

I have to agree. Some team is going Tyrke Evans his ass after this current deal.

exstatic
12-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I have to agree. Some team is going Tyrke Evans his ass after this current deal.

Has DW ever gone for 20/5/5 for a season? Tyreke did it as a rook. DW can't even sniff his jock. No team is going to pay him Tyreke money.

cantthinkofanything
12-03-2013, 05:09 PM
this seems right

CGD
12-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Has DW ever gone for 20/5/5 for a season? Tyreke did it as a rook. DW can't even sniff his jock. No team is going to pay him Tyreke money.

I'm not saying they're giving him 44M/4yr. I am saying some team that is going to overpay him. The Pelican's overpaid for Evan, a player who's production has dropped every single year since his rookie season (on a shit team btw, where he was getting all the touches). Like Evans, Williams is exactly the type of player who will garner interest because of his "potential/elite talent."