PDA

View Full Version : First and goal for Obama.....

TSA
01-16-2013, 01:49 PM
....balls on the one

ball is hiked, he drops back..........and he PUNTS!!! :lmao

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

Where is the assault weapons and mag capacity ban?

Oh, Gee!!
01-16-2013, 01:51 PM

violation of seperation of powers tbh.

Drachen
01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
....balls on the one

The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

He urged congress to pass it.

Also, it makes all of these conspiracy theory, fear our government, oathkeepers look pretty silly.

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Only moronic consumers of right wing rabble rousing media thought there was even the slightest chance he would try limiting mag size or an assault weapons ban via executive order.

The guy is a pragmatist.

TSA
01-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Tbh, I agree with everything proposed. Glad they realized the a certain type of rifle and its magazine capacity doesn't make someone decide to shoot up a school.

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Tbh, I agree with everything proposed. Glad they realized the a certain type of rifle and its magazine capacity doesn't make someone decide to shoot up a school.
They're still recommending the assault style ban and mag capacity be limited, but through legislation as it is not something that can be achieved through executive order.

boutons_deux
01-16-2013, 02:02 PM
House tea baggers, Repugs will block everything, and what they don't block, they will kill at rule-making stage, and defund it all.

boutons_deux
01-16-2013, 02:16 PM
NRA shit bags, and their suckers, raising the bar:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/01/16/us/16lede_nra/16lede_nra-blog480.jpg

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...bamas-children (http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/updates-on-the-gun-violence-debate-5/?hp#n-r-a-ad-focuses-on-obamas-children)

NRA even targets David Gregory for daring just to argue with Wayne LaPierre on TV.

mavs>spurs
01-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Lol mad about a factual and informative broadcast

George Gervin's Afro
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Lol mad about a factual and informative broadcast

lol promoting the fact that Obama was going to take your guns..

ElNono
01-16-2013, 02:24 PM
The fear-mongering and take-away-your-guns by executive order was just ignorants talking. :tu

Funny thing is you heard it here quite a few days ago...

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
....balls on the one

:lmao

Yeah that shit would have really stopped that asshole at the elementary school.

Drachen
01-16-2013, 02:50 PM

are you mad that he didn't try to step past the constitution to affect change that could stop that guy? He asked for congress to do some things which is the right and constitutional way to do it. Now I don't think that an assault weapons ban will do a lot (at least in the short or even mid term) due to the current proliferation of guns, but I do think that a universal background check just makes sense.

It is funny, you guys just had a switch flicked or something.
Up until 2 hours ago: OMG OBAMA IS GOING TO TRASH THE CONSTITUTION TO MAKE HUGE CHANGES WHILE WIPING HIS BUTT WITH THE BILL OF RIGHTS
Since 2 hours ago: HAHA OBAMA DIDN'T OVERSTEP THE CONSTITUTION TO MAKE REAL CHANGES.

ElNono
01-16-2013, 02:58 PM
I thought 'Obama has clearly lost his mind'...

Winehole23
01-16-2013, 03:01 PM
also, "declared war on southern conservatives"

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2013, 03:10 PM
I thought 'Obama has clearly lost his mind'...

I have said since day one the assault weapon ban would not pass.

Warlord23
01-16-2013, 03:15 PM
I have said since day one the assault weapon ban would not pass.

Actually this is what you said:

I hang out in a huge hunting forum and you guys would be shocked at how many otherwise law abiding citizens are saying that no fucking way do they surrender or register their guns or high capacity magazines.

Yes there has. Try to keep up.

Did you not read Feinstein's bill?

And you know that how? When Biden says they will do by executive order what they can't get done in congress one has to wonder what they are planning.

Basically you were way off base with your loony predictions, and now you say you always knew they wouldn't pass a ban?

Creepn
01-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Lol like I said, gun nuts.

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2013, 03:26 PM

Basically you were way off base with your loony predictions, and now you say you always knew they wouldn't pass a ban?

LOL @ the internet stalker.

Warlord23
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
LOL @ the internet stalker.

:cry "I'm getting my shitty takes thrown back at me, time to divert the topic" :cry

TSA
01-16-2013, 03:47 PM
So all the libs here crying for assault rifle bans and mag capacity limitations knew nothing was going to happen all along? :lol ok sure.

ElNono
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM

:lol

TSA
01-16-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm guessing Obama is going to try and use medical information now to deny and take way guns. "It says here you take painkillers for your back problems, these painkillers have some bad side effects which means we can't trust you with a firearm, sorry, no gun for you. "

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
So all the libs here crying for assault rifle bans and mag capacity limitations knew nothing was going to happen all along? :lol ok sure.
Have you taken a look at the makeup of this congress, particularly the house? The politics of getting assault style weapon ban and mag capacity limits are nearly impossible. Obama acknowledged as much today. This is why the gun nuts and the rabble rousers were claiming O would try and do this shit through executive order. Rational people have been aware all along neither would happen.

GoodOdor
01-16-2013, 04:06 PM

:lol:lol:lol

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I said congress would never pass a ban and nobody knew what Obama would try to do by executive order. Obviously now, not much. Chump and I even agreed for nce that there was no way congress would pass a ban.

Your intellectual dishonesty was showing when you chose not to clip THOSE posts and removed the others out of context.

GFY

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm guessing Obama is going to try and use medical information now to deny and take way guns. "It says here you take painkillers for your back problems, these painkillers have some bad side effects which means we can't trust you with a firearm, sorry, no gun for you. "
:tu might as well continue on with the ridiculous predictions.

ElNono
01-16-2013, 04:16 PM
I said congress would never pass a ban and nobody knew what Obama would try to do by executive order.

Maybe you needed to find out what can the executive actually do through such an order before going ballistic.

I know you love your guns and you're a good fella, but that was some crazy talk back in those threads, IMO.

boutons_deux
01-16-2013, 04:35 PM

nothing could happen because Repugs would block any legislation, and Barry won't go CRAZY PISSED OFF N!GGA with Executive directives

spursncowboys
01-16-2013, 04:48 PM
I though executive action was the CIA's term for an assassination....

spursncowboys
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
The fear-mongering and take-away-your-guns by executive order was just ignorants talking. :tu

Funny thing is you heard it here quite a few days ago...
i think the fear mongering came from the left.

spursncowboys
01-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Maybe you needed to find out what can the executive actually do through such an order before going ballistic.

I know you love your guns and you're a good fella, but that was some crazy talk back in those threads, IMO.
Every president that didn't die within months of being president has pushed the envelope on the executive's power. Obama is no different. He is a politician

ElNono
01-16-2013, 05:04 PM

when it comes to Barry using executive orders to take away your guns? link?

Every president that didn't die within months of being president has pushed the envelope on the executive's power. Obama is no different. He is a politician

I think you're confusing executive power with executive order.

Drachen
01-16-2013, 05:19 PM

But you were SO SURE that he would take your guns NOW! Are you 100% surerer now?

TSA
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
But you were SO SURE that he would take your guns NOW! Are you 100% surerer now?

I'm SURE you've got the wrong person. I thought he'd make gun and mag restrictions similar to what CA has, nice try though.

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Lol. Your boy Glenn Beck was predicting a civil war. That's going to happen just like the Romney landslide he predicted happened. Seriously, as a consumer of that type of media, what do these guys have to say/predict before you go "well that is just batshit crazy" instead of constantly making excuses for them?

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm SURE you've got the wrong person. I thought he'd make gun and mag restrictions similar to what CA has, nice try though.
And you thought he would do that using executive order? What would possess you to think something so irrational?

TSA
01-16-2013, 05:44 PM
And you thought he would do that using executive order? What would possess you to think something so irrational?

When did I say that? It's funny watching all the butthurt around here putting words in my mouth.

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Who would have thought the executive branch would give assault rifles with high capacity magazines to Mexican drug cartels?

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
When did I say that? It's funny watching all the butthurt around here putting words in my mouth.
Well how did you expect him to do it? He made both those recommendations to congress, but anyone with half a brain knows they are likely not going to pass with the current construct of congress.

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Who would have thought the executive branch would give assault rifles with high capacity magazines to Mexican drug cartels?
Not really apples to apples when you consider the spotlight placed on today's recommendations.

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Not really apples to apples when you consider the spotlight placed on today's recommendations.

Just making the point that I am continually surprised by the shockingly stupid things this administration does. The Attorney General is a political appointee who is clearly in Obama's pocket. It wouldn't have really surprised me (even though IMHO it's unconstitutional) if he had attempted to exceed his executive order powers.

baseline bum
01-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Obama doesn't really want to do anything. He's just using this push for legislation to paint House Republicans as extremists. Obviously it has 0% of passing the House (not that I think an assault weapon ban and 10 bullet magazines can pass the Senate either), and if he was serious about either proposal he would have executive ordered it like Clinton. I can't see the political fallout becoming less as more time passes after Sandy Hook if he wants to executive order the ban later, so this was the time to do it if he was going to.

DMC
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM
I've told you folks what will happened, even right after Sandy Hook. Ah but the band plays on.

spursncowboys
01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Well how did you expect him to do it? He made both those recommendations to congress, but anyone with half a brain knows they are likely not going to pass with the current construct of congress.
They said the same thing about the sixteenth amendment

ElNono
01-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Obama doesn't really want to do anything. He's just using this push for legislation to paint House Republicans as extremists. Obviously it has 0% of passing the House (not that I think an assault weapon ban and 10 bullet magazines can pass the Senate either), and if he was serious about either proposal he would have executive ordered it like Clinton. I can't see the political fallout becoming less as more time passes after Sandy Hook if he wants to executive order the ban later, so this was the time to do it if he was going to.

Clinton (just like Bush Sr did too) could only ban the import of certain weapons through executive order. I'm pretty sure a ban on actual sales, or even more, confiscation would need to come from new law.

ElNono
01-16-2013, 06:28 PM
They said the same thing about the sixteenth amendment

What happened with the sixteenth amendment?

Koolaid_Man
01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Can someone tell me again why Repubs were concerned with Fast and Furious...one agent died and those fuckers went nuts...dozens of kids die and they seem "cool" with it

spursncowboys
01-16-2013, 06:39 PM
OK chump you can go back to your own sn.

spursncowboys
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Can someone tell me again why Repubs were concerned with Fast and Furious...one agent died and those fuckers went nuts...dozens of kids die and they seem "cool" with it
I don't know anyone who is cool with Sandy Hook

ChumpDumper
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
OK chump you can go back to your own sn.That's a new one.

Koolaid_Man
01-16-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't know anyone who is cool with Sandy Hook

of course you do...pretty much every Tealiban Republican who's acting like banning certain assault weapons or limiting mag capacity is heresy...you know what they say silence is golden or in this case let's turn a blind eye to the real problem of mass shootings, confuse the issue, and protest our cause.

mavs>spurs
01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
now we impeach that niggar!!!!

Koolaid_Man
01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
now we impeach that niggar!!!!

President Barack Obama says he cannot "govern out of anger" just because of public outrage. "And whether I earned your vote or not, I have listened to you." :toast

baseline bum
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
What happened with the sixteenth amendment?

Shit was the last big step to getting prohibition passed. LOL women voters fucking it all up for everyone. Just have my dinner ready.

ElNono
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
OK chump you can go back to your own sn.

:lol I don't think I heard the ranting over det one, tbh

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Just making the point that I am continually surprised by the shockingly stupid things this administration does. The Attorney General is a political appointee who is clearly in Obama's pocket.
Where are you going with this? The investigation found there was no evidence holder knew of F&F. More conspiracy theories being fed to you by right wing rabble-rousers?

Th'Pusher
01-16-2013, 07:26 PM
:lol I don't think I heard the ranting over det one, tbh
Ditto. SnC can you educate us on the passage of the 16th amendment.

Bill_Brasky
01-16-2013, 08:25 PM
I've told you folks what will happened, even right after Sandy Hook. Ah but the band plays on.

OM9jhGiIAFM

Agloco
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM

Didn't lose his mind tbh.

I also see that TSA and m>s's rhetoric came up empty. Whats the next great injustice to be visited upon the American public going to be pray tell?

TSA
01-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Didn't lose his mind tbh.

I also see that TSA and m>s's rhetoric came up empty. Whats the next great injustice to be visited upon the American public going to be pray tell?what exactly was my rhetoric? I thought there would be mag limitations, much like CA. What else are you talking about?

Agloco
01-17-2013, 12:33 AM
what exactly was my rhetoric? I thought there would be mag limitations, much like CA. What else are you talking about?

I was distracted and forgot the word "prediction" after your name. Still, I wonder where m>s has disappeared to?