PDA

View Full Version : Job interviews

rascal
01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
You have to jump through many hoops to land a job nowadays. No more just interviewing with one boss, it is 4 or 5 people you have to interview with and all sorts of questions. And that is if you even get past the telephone interviews that you do before the in person interview. Any pause in the phone interview makes you look unsure of the question your answering because silence for anymore than a couple of seconds is very noticeable on the phone. I bombed two phone interviews last year.

If you mess up on one thing during your in person interview they walk you out of the interview. I mentioned to a guy that they hired many Asians in the company and I thought they made good workers , was out the door a few minutes after that and that was the 4th and last guy I had to talk with. Not impressing just one of the interviewers can cost you the job.
Another time there was a round table with 4 people all with notepads asking me questions, I just got up and said the job wasn't for me. Got out of that micro-managed situation before I got into it.

Companies complain all the time that they can't find qualified work yet they turn away people capable of doing the job because their resume doesn't match exactly to what they do. In the past they would bring in a guy and train him, the guy would learn the job but no more.

Anyone else have interview stories?

The Reckoning
01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
walked into an interview in austin not knowing what the hell i was doing then after bombing it, i told the guy i was from victoria and he hired me on the spot :lol

turns out he was from there as well.

rascal
01-16-2013, 06:29 PM
I've got an idea. I'm going on my next job interview with the idea of just messing with the interviewers, just having a good time screwing it up on purpose for laughs. I'm not getting the job anyways might as well get some laughs out of it.

GoodOdor
01-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Yup, job interviewing sucks.

The worst is being asked "what is your biggest weakness?"......fuck that.

rascal
01-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Yup, job interviewing sucks.

The worst is being asked "what is your biggest weakness?"......fuck that.

Nothing more than a trap question. You need to give back a rehearshed answer for a trap question.
I often work too fast and run out of work.

mavs>spurs
01-16-2013, 06:49 PM
you sound like a crybaby bitch making excuses for the fact that you're unemployed. took me 1 month after graduation to land a steady job..now if you wanted to argue that awesome high paying jobs are in low supply, sure. but seriously..a phone interview and a regular interview, maybe 2 or 3 top? :cry so hard :cry

hater
01-16-2013, 06:51 PM
you sound like a crybaby bitch making excuses for the fact that you're unemployed. took me 1 month after graduation to land a steady job..now if you wanted to argue that awesome high paying jobs are in low demand, sure. but seriously..a phone interview and a regular interview, maybe 2 or 3 top? :cry so hard :cry

how much you making bro?

rascal
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
you sound like a crybaby bitch making excuses for the fact that you're unemployed. took me 1 month after graduation to land a steady job..now if you wanted to argue that awesome high paying jobs are in low demand, sure. but seriously..a phone interview and a regular interview, maybe 2 or 3 top? :cry so hard :cry

I am not unemployed.

baseline bum
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM
LOL giving an answer so bad you get walked out before the interviews are over.

mavs>spurs
01-16-2013, 06:55 PM
I am not unemployed.

sooooo obviously interviewing isn't so bad because you landed that one? orrrrr you haven't interviewed in years been at this job and sat complacent which says a lot about your character and why some of these other employers aren't hiring you.

silverblk mystix
01-16-2013, 07:40 PM
sooooo obviously interviewing isn't so bad because you landed that one? orrrrr you haven't interviewed in years been at this job and sat complacent which says a lot about your character and why some of these other employers aren't hiring you.

Hey Bro, you've been on a rampage lately....take it easy. Don't hurt yourself. :lmao

mavs>spurs
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
inspired by all this gun shit..might as well give these pussy liberals around here something real to be scared of while they're all on an estrogen fueled frenzy

Latarian Milton
01-16-2013, 08:07 PM
don't get why people are busting their asses looking for decent jobs when they can spend a few years back at school, or something else where they can learn some more knowledge and get better prepared for the future. you don't need a job if you don't have no bitch or kids to feed imho. you can sustain a life frugally w/o using too much money and should be aware that every time you buy something, you get robbed by the seller.

da_suns_fan
01-16-2013, 11:47 PM
I was denied a job because I used the word "female" too many times to describe a story with a co-worker (I picked up using that term in the military). It was an East-Indian dude and he didnt seem to like it.

I interviewed a kid who said he wanted the software job because his dad said he needed to get a job. Swear to god.

Capt Bringdown
01-17-2013, 12:02 AM
I mentioned to a guy that they hired many Asians in the company and I thought they made good workers, was out the door a few minutes after that and that

Keep your racist opinions to yourself. Displaying ignorance and lack of judgment is not a viable job-seeking strategy.

rascal
01-17-2013, 05:36 AM
Keep your racist opinions to yourself. Displaying ignorance and lack of judgment is not a viable job-seeking strategy.
I also believe Asians do better in American schools because they put more effort and value education more. If that makes me a racist so be it.