PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Magic dropping hints?

DPG21920
01-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Pre-game Dallas: Magic says if he were Cuban he would call Buss and say is there any workable deal we can make now to bring Dwight Howard to Dallas? Says he would offer anyone on the Mavs but Dirk and try to get a deal done. Says they have some leverage seeing as they will go hard after him in the off season anyways, but by trading him they can offer him more money and LA gets something...

Was that a subtle message that Dwight is available or just Magic talking with no real motive?

whitemamba
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I really doubt the buss is going to trade howard, they always want a good big man, and there is no one else out there imho

DPG21920
01-16-2013, 08:22 PM
I doubt it too, but it just sounded a little different than the normal talk. Given, Magic, since leaving the Lakers org seems to be less and less plugged in, but when someone like him speaks about something specific like that it makes you wonder.

Reck
01-16-2013, 08:27 PM
What would LA get exactly? Marion? Kaman?

They wouldn't get all that much imo.

whitemamba
01-16-2013, 08:28 PM
I doubt it too, but it just sounded a little different than the normal talk. Given, Magic, since leaving the Lakers org seems to be less and less plugged in, but when someone like him speaks about something specific like that it makes you wonder.

honestly i just think he trolls everything jim buss does or says.. etc..

DPG21920
01-16-2013, 08:33 PM
What would LA get exactly? Marion? Kaman?

They wouldn't get all that much imo.

OJ Mayo

Latarian Milton
01-16-2013, 08:49 PM
marion would be a decent acquisition for the lakers, which would put the lakers only one step (amare) away from remaking the core of 05' phoenix suns. _'antoni will get the deal done in a heartbeat if he has such an offer on table, but problem is he's no the one in real charge of this team.

Fabbs
01-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Was that a subtle message that Dwight is available or just Magic talking with no real motive?
Remember only a few days ago attention whore Magic said the Lakers were done for this season, no playoffs.
He of all people should be well aware of the Lakers ability to pull a scam be it thru yet another rigged trade, rigged reffing, or even with the rigged roster they have returning to healthy enough to grab a 7th or 8th seed.

He's still butthurt over Jim Buss idiotic move to turn down WWE Phil and go with Pringles.

LkrFan
01-16-2013, 09:04 PM
He was probably talking strictly from Cuban's perspective. If I'm Cuban, I make that call. If the Lakers' FO has any feelings that Dwight will walk, they might as well try to get something for him. Collison, Crowder, OJ Mayo, etc. would be the pieces I would look at if I'm the Lakers.

Knowing Mitch, no way in hell do they trade Dwight right now. Oh, and Magic needs to STFU.

Clipper Nation
01-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Knowing Mitch, no way in hell do they trade Dwight right now. Oh, and Magic needs to STFU.

Knowing Mitch, if he does trade Dwight to the Mavs, Lakerfan will be claiming some scrub like Roddy Beaubois to be "the savior," just like with Sessions last year.... :lol

whitemamba
01-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Knowing Mitch, if he does trade Dwight to the Mavs, Lakerfan will be claiming some scrub like Roddy Beaubois to be "the savior," just like with Sessions last year.... :lol

everyone gets famous when they come to lakers tbh.

baseline bum
01-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Makes sense to send Bible Kemp to the Bible Belt RT.

StrengthAndHonor
01-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Wrong timing and Magic is just being a sensationalist public figure right now tbh. Dwight is playing better recently and if the Lakers are trading him , it sure wouldnt be Dallas who has zero assets at this point. I can see the Lakers trading with Brooklyn.

lefty
01-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Ah bringing more stars : the solution to the Laker's struggles

LkrFan
01-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Ah bringing more stars : the solution to the Laker's struggles
What "star" will the Lakers bring in from Dallas if they don't trade Dirk? I'm curious to know your thought process on this.

hater
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM
no go

whitemamba
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
What "star" will the Lakers bring in from Dallas if they don't trade Dirk? I'm curious to know your thought process on this.

chris kaman:lobt2:

lefty
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM

kaman, bitches

Crytek
01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Chris Kaman, 1x All-Star :o

Clipper Nation
01-17-2013, 05:41 PM
chris kaman:lobt2:
I would never stop laughing if the Lakers ended up basically trading Dwight for K:lolm:loln... Pau would officially relinquish his title as Official Lakers Punching Bag by the following week :lol

whitemamba
01-17-2013, 10:20 PM
I would never stop laughing if the Lakers ended up basically trading Dwight for K:lolm:loln... Pau would officially relinquish his title as Official Lakers Punching Bag by the following week :lol

dwight for kaman lolz

FkLA
01-17-2013, 11:26 PM
DPG is short.

Baseline
01-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Pre-game Dallas: Magic says if he were Cuban he would call Buss and say is there any workable deal we can make now to bring Dwight Howard to Dallas? Says he would offer anyone on the Mavs but Dirk and try to get a deal done. Says they have some leverage seeing as they will go hard after him in the off season anyways, but by trading him they can offer him more money and LA gets something...

I think Magic knows that Dwight hates playing with Bryant. Nobody has ever liked playing with that guy. Look at tonight's game against Miami - Dwight was working hard to get the ball inside against Miami's ridiculously small frontline....and Bryant is 3-17 before he heats up a bit. Bryant finishes with 25 shots, 6 turnovers, and 1 assist. Dude has ONE assist when Miami has nobody who can hope to guard Howard.

So all Magic is doing is trying to make sure the Lakers get something for Howard when D12 runs as far away from Bryant as he can get.

Fergie The Florists
01-18-2013, 02:52 AM
Lakers are gonna call Dwights bluff here. They don't believe he will walk away from LA and that extra $25 million..... we all hope he does so that we can laugh at those dipshits. It ain't gunna happen though

Mal
01-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Lakers could use 1st round pick

Latarian Milton
01-19-2013, 08:06 PM
I think Magic knows that Dwight hates playing with Bryant. Nobody has ever liked playing with that guy. Look at tonight's game against Miami - Dwight was working hard to get the ball inside against Miami's ridiculously small frontline....and Bryant is 3-17 before he heats up a bit. Bryant finishes with 25 shots, 6 turnovers, and 1 assist. Dude has ONE assist when Miami has nobody who can hope to guard Howard.

So all Magic is doing is trying to make sure the Lakers get something for Howard when D12 runs as far away from Bryant as he can get.
and nigga always played like a beast in magic jersey every time they played us in the past years, despite having average-shitty supporting casts.