PDA

View Full Version : :lmao Cliff jumpers.

Cry Havoc
01-16-2013, 10:28 PM
:lmao

Splits
01-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Upstairs is basically spursground, a bit embarrassing as a poster but understandable from a big picture standpoint

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2013, 11:02 PM
I agree with Havoc here.

1st quarter cliff-jumpers should be fucking ashamed of themselves (as should all cliff-jumpers, but it's particularly awful when people jump that early in the game), but we see quite a few of them around here.

And yes, there is a difference between:

"Spurs are playing poorly - they need to pick it up or they'll dig a hole here"

and

"Spurs are shit! Why are they always so shit! Hero-ball fuckin shit! Game over."

spurraider21
01-17-2013, 12:21 AM
I agree with Havoc here.

1st quarter cliff-jumpers should be fucking ashamed of themselves (as should all cliff-jumpers, but it's particularly awful when people jump that early in the game), but we see quite a few of them around here.

And yes, there is a difference between:

"Spurs are playing poorly - they need to pick it up or they'll dig a hole here"

and

"Spurs are shit! Why are they always so shit! Hero-ball fuckin shit! Game over."

i feel like every basket that wasn't the result of an assist is considered hero ball on ST

ffadicted
01-17-2013, 01:04 AM
gnsfs tbh, generalizing of course... I used to love game threads, now I tend to avoid them like the plague

FuzzyLumpkins
01-17-2013, 01:25 AM
I was there and I could tell even in the first quarter that the Grizz are a team in turmoil. They just seemed demoralized. Gasol at the end gave me the impression that he didn't want to play basketball anymore the way he was carrying himself.

Rudy Gay was hitting 20 ft jumpshots with Leonards hand in his face in the first quarter. Speights and Randolph hit tough jumpers too. If you were giving up after that then you should punch yourself in the face or if you like I will do it for you.

DapDaGenius
01-17-2013, 01:39 AM
You mean people are being serious when they "cliff jump"? I always thought, people were joking around.

racm
01-17-2013, 01:42 AM
gnsfs tbh, generalizing of course... I used to love game threads, now I tend to avoid them like the plague

I don't go to ST during games.

I was there and I could tell even in the first quarter that the Grizz are a team in turmoil. They just seemed demoralized. Gasol at the end gave me the impression that he didn't want to play basketball anymore the way he was carrying himself.

Rudy Gay was hitting 20 ft jumpshots with Leonards hand in his face in the first quarter. Speights and Randolph hit tough jumpers too. If you were giving up after that then you should punch yourself in the face or if you like I will do it for you.

That was because they couldn't defend the Spurs either.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 02:28 AM
You mean people are being serious when they "cliff jump"? I always thought, people were joking around.

Some are. Some are not. Usually the older posters are just jinxing/being annoyed.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 02:40 AM

Still don't see a contender, Mem is losing a lot right now and it takes a monster game from tp to beat a contender, in the Po he's gonna get traped and double teamed every time, he will need Manu or Boris imo.

gee
01-17-2013, 04:41 AM
It seems that 80% of regular posters here are cliff jumping doomsday fans, makes this place depressing as fuck to be around.

JingleJangleJingle
01-17-2013, 07:29 AM
i didn't get to see the game but from looking at the Game Thread its usually that TDMVPDPOY guy that's cliff jumping and being the most obnoxious. He has 20k post so i can assume you guys have had to stomach a lot from this guy. Isn't there a way a Mod can limit the amount of times he can post or at least get rid of that obnoxious avatar he has?

hooperflash
01-17-2013, 07:51 AM
i didn't get to see the game but from looking at the Game Thread its usually that TDMVPDPOY guy that's cliff jumping and being the most obnoxious. He has 20k post so i can assume you guys have had to stomach a lot from this guy. Isn't there a way a Mod can limit the amount of times he can post or at least get rid of that obnoxious avatar he has?

We want him pinked.

TrainOfThought5
01-17-2013, 07:55 AM
We want him pinked.

yeah.... i think its about that time.

rascal
01-17-2013, 12:12 PM
The Spurs were not going to lose every game against good teams just like they are not going to win every game against the top teams. So this is just one game they won. No need to think all is well against the top teams because of one win. I still don't like the Spurs roster and don't see it as a championship roster, it is the same team as last year.

peacemaker885
01-17-2013, 12:23 PM
No need to pink or whatever. Just add them to your ignore list.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Still don't see a contender, Mem is losing a lot right now and it takes a monster game from tp to beat a contender, in the Po he's gonna get traped and double teamed every time, he will need Manu or Boris imo.

phxspurfan
01-17-2013, 12:50 PM

It helps when we injure their Adam Banks too

http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/zach-randolph-50-nba.jpg

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 03:06 PM

We lose to Memphis (away in OT): OMG The Spurs suck they can't beat any good teams in the league.

We beat (destroy) Memphis: Well, Memphis sucks so it doesn't mean anything.

Your takes are stupid. Parker could have had an average game last night and we still win by double digits. Oh WAIT, he did. 17 and 11 on 6-11 shooting? That's a monster game to you? How many months have you been watching the Spurs total in your lifetime?

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 03:35 PM
We lose to Memphis (away in OT): OMG The Spurs suck they can't beat any good teams in the league.

We beat (destroy) Memphis: Well, Memphis sucks so it doesn't mean anything.

Your takes are stupid. Parker could have had an average game last night and we still win by double digits. Oh WAIT, he did. 17 and 11 on 6-11 shooting? That's a monster game to you? How many months have you been watching the Spurs total in your lifetime?

Well overly optimist guys like you are just as bad, we lose we were tired, we win it doesn't matter if the other team is in a slump and dead tired, we're contenders...

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Well overly optimist guys like you are just as bad, we lose we were tired, we win it doesn't matter if the other team is in a slump and dead tired, we're contenders...

That's absolutely not true at all.

Wins don't matter, losses don't matter. It's the regular season. I can't believe how many times I have to tell you that. I get excited about wins because it's ENJOYABLE TO WIN GAMES, not because I'm penciling in a January 16th victory over Memphis as a harbinger of what's to come. :rolleyes All that matters is playing relatively well, gearing up for the Rodeo Road Trip/late season play, and staying healthy. That's it. We're on pace to win SIXTY FUCKING GAMES this year despite having only 7 road games in the final two months of our schedule, and you're bitching about how we are done, non-contenders, don't have a shot. All this with the emergence of Tiago Splitter as a truly competent big man next to Duncan, the best we've seen alongside him in close to a decade.

I'm not overly optimistic. I'm just LONG past the point at which January matters to me at all during a potential title run. The playoffs are still 3.5 months away and you're already jumping ship. Which makes me wonder if you (and all the other cliff jumpers) have been watching Spurs basketball for more than a year or two.

Paranoid Pop
01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
That's absolutely not true at all.

Wins don't matter, losses don't matter. It's the regular season. I can't believe how many times I have to tell you that. I get excited about wins because it's ENJOYABLE TO WIN GAMES, not because I'm penciling in a January 16th victory over Memphis as a harbinger of what's to come. :rolleyes All that matters is playing relatively well, gearing up for the Rodeo Road Trip/late season play, and staying healthy. That's it. We're on pace to win SIXTY FUCKING GAMES this year despite having only 7 road games in the final two months of our schedule, and you're bitching about how we are done, non-contenders, don't have a shot. All this with the emergence of Tiago Splitter as a truly competent big man next to Duncan, the best we've seen alongside him in close to a decade.

I'm not overly optimistic. I'm just LONG past the point at which January matters to me at all during a potential title run. The playoffs are still 3.5 months away and you're already jumping ship. Which makes me wonder if you (and all the other cliff jumpers) have been watching Spurs basketball for more than a year or two.

I'm not even sure he's even better than Boris, let's see this team beat (a weaker than last year Harden-less) OKC with Tiago at starting PF or go on a 20 games winning streak.

I'm still very much hopeful, I think the Baynes signing is a great move, I think we have enough or close enough to have a good run.