PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Chandler Parsons..

whitemamba
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Putting up 14PPG shooting 35% from and 6 assists quietly the rockets 2nd leading scorer. Is this guy going to be a legit SF?

Latarian Milton
01-17-2013, 03:41 AM
14PPG looks impressive and the 6 assists will put him top 20 on the league's ranking. he'll establish himself a star player but he ain't doing so in houston, nigga needs to free himself from the little chink's yellow shadow tbh

racm
01-17-2013, 04:20 AM
14PPG looks impressive and the 6 assists will put him top 20 on the league's ranking. he'll establish himself a star player but he ain't doing so in houston, nigga needs to free himself from the little chink's yellow shadow tbh

No chance he'll let go of his boy toy

SpursIndonesia
01-17-2013, 04:55 AM
A potential good 2nd option, certainly a great 3rd option already, and decent all around but no particular dominating skill as yet.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-17-2013, 06:53 AM
A potential good 2nd option, certainly a great 3rd option already, and decent all around but no particular dominating skill as yet.

This is why he didn't go much higher in the draft, but he's definitely very good in a whole lot of aspects. Tbh, if Kawhi was playing like that and putting up numbers like that, we'd be praising him as a future HOFer.

SpursIndonesia
01-17-2013, 10:48 AM
This is why he didn't go much higher in the draft, but he's definitely very good in a whole lot of aspects. Tbh, if Kawhi was playing like that and putting up numbers like that, we'd be praising him as a future HOFer.

Yeah, even the stereotypical shooting touch of his isn't exactly great either, but he's so well balanced & has good fundamentals, i can say he's like a pure white blooded version of Shane Battier (with slightly higher potential ceiling as of now) or an american version of Hedo Turkoglu. But his lack of athleticism will be his undoing if he can't keep developing his game & pushing his limits.

noob cake
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Yeah, even the stereotypical shooting touch of his isn't exactly great either, but he's so well balanced & has good fundamentals, i can say he's like a pure white blooded version of Shane Battier (with slightly higher potential ceiling as of now) or an american version of Hedo Turkoglu. But his lack of athleticism will be his undoing if he can't keep developing his game & pushing his limits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGHkPai2Kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0taBCkA6g

TheRealCB
01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
:lol retarded GNSF

8FOR!3
01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
He's regarded as an average athlete, but I think he's a little underrated in that department.

whitemamba
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM

actually I think ur under estimating his athleticism, guy can move around pretty quick, and I've seen him get up a few times. Few more years to bulk up he could be solid. He's a rookie or soph?

SpursIndonesia
01-17-2013, 12:29 PM
actually I think ur under estimating his athleticism, guy can move around pretty quick, and I've seen him get up a few times. Few more years to bulk up he could be solid. He's a rookie or soph?

Brent Barry won dunking competition before, didn't continue to shatter the league with his dominating athleticism. Parson's youth and legs give him nice lift and speed todays, but i certainly don't believe his body is built to give him the benefit in that department. Shit, young Manu is twice the athlete Parsons ever be, yet that athleticism has never been Manu's biggest weapon to dominate the league, ever.

I believe he's in sophomore year out of 4 years rookie contract (straight 4 years of bread crumb salary for him, signing as a 2nd rounder ala Blair for the Spurs, so he's basically a great, great value to the Rox).

whitemamba
01-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Brent Barry won dunking competition before, didn't continue to shatter the league with his dominating athleticism. Parson's youth and legs give him nice lift and speed todays, but i certainly don't believe his body is built to give him the benefit in that department. Shit, young Manu is twice the athlete Parsons ever be, yet that athleticism has never been Manu's biggest weapon to dominate the league, ever.

i dont think you are realizing how NBA players are getting bigger faster and stronger. the way these guys work out now days plus the great treatment they receive. he is still young so well see i guess

SpursIndonesia
01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
i dont think you are realizing how NBA players are getting bigger faster and stronger. the way these guys work out now days plus the great treatment they receive. he is still young so well see i guess

Yeah, i wasn't saying he's a sloth on the court, i was just suggesting that he isn't a freak of an athlete and his game isn't based on that premise. Gotta admit i haven't seen him much, perhaps just around 3-4 Rox games televised in my country this season, but i kinda see him as a basketball player who has a good feel and understanding of the game, plus good grasp of team basketball.

whitemamba
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah, i wasn't saying he's a sloth on the court, i was just suggesting that he isn't a freak of an athlete and his game isn't based on that premise. Gotta admit i haven't seen him much, perhaps just around 3-4 Rox games televised in my country this season, but i kinda see him as a basketball player who has a good feel and understanding of the game, plus good grasp of team basketball.

solid shooter, well rounded, good fundamentals, and i guess well see his athleticism :lol

Neo.
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Not a bad player at all. Pretty skilled imo

Chinook
01-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I think he'll end up being a pretty good four. But what's the harm letting him play the three so long as he has the athleticism for it?

Raven
01-17-2013, 05:45 PM
i haven't been watching him lately but it seems he's been overrated a bit as a defender. Maybe it's just the pace houston plays at that doesn't suit him.

slick'81
01-17-2013, 07:00 PM
hes allready a legit sf

whitemamba
04-29-2013, 11:52 PM
still ballin tbh...

racm
04-29-2013, 11:53 PM
If he improves his shooting he could be a poor man's Larry Bird.

Dunno if I'd take him over Leonard but his contract is a bargain.

noob cake
04-30-2013, 12:01 AM
27/10/8

Suck on it.

racm
04-30-2013, 12:02 AM
27/10/8

Suck on it.

LeBron numbers, tbh... :toast

midnightpulp
04-30-2013, 12:02 AM
still ballin tbh...

Solid take.

sook
04-30-2013, 12:19 AM
steal.

Robz4000
04-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Third best player of his draft class tbh

100%duncan
04-30-2013, 12:27 AM
steal.

Damn right. Great future ahead of this guy.

StrengthAndHonor
04-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Floor Mike Dunleavy Jr
Ceiling Detlef Schrempf

irishock
04-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Floor Mike Dunleavy Jr
Ceiling Detlef Schrempf

:lol

Brunodf
04-30-2013, 12:46 AM
:toastKid is ballin

sook
04-30-2013, 01:05 AM
My fav player on the team with Brooks but all the girls that make it no secret how wet they get over the guy gets annoying. Even that crack whore Lohan.

whitemamba
04-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Solid take.

nothin better :lol