PDA

View Full Version : come playoff time...

Blake
01-17-2013, 01:02 PM
From a fan perspective, assuming all teams are relatively healthy,

Are you worried about any potential playoff team from the West other than the Thunder?

Clippers if they have HCA?

Grizz?

Andthentherewas21
01-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Clippers.

They've got 2 superstars who will get the benefit of the whistle (Griffin and CP3) and, who I'm sure will flop and get away with it. They are from one of Stern's favorite big markets, and for once aren't the LA team struggling. They've actually got a decent bench which can get even better once Billups and Hill are healthy, so they are going to be 10-12 deep.

Mugen
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
The Spurs should avoid the Lakers in the first round tbh. I'd rather play the Clippers than a healthy Laker team that's played well enough to get into the playoffs. I still like the Spurs in either series tho.

LASToog36
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
just the thunder... clippers halfcourt game is non-existent playoffs is wen the defenses tighten up..

Bruno
01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Clippers and Thunder are favorite to win the west.
Lakers would be a true threat if they can get some chemistry and if D'Antoni can make it work.
Warriors could also be a difficult opponent if Bogut came back at a great level.
Beside that, Denver and Grizzlies will be solid teams but a step behind true contenders.

Brunodf
01-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Clippers> Thunder, but OKC has the refs... Tough call.

Horse
01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Only team that concerns me is the officiating crew.

Cane
01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Thunder, Clippers, Grizz, and even the unlikely Lakers/Mavs team since I think those 2 teams will go down swinging with hard fouls to match.

Its interesting that the West has had a lot of changes. Thunder without Harden, Clippers with seemingly inconsistent shot distribution, Grizz with trade rumors and adapting to Gay, and of course the struggling Lakers/Mavs with new personnel. These teams may have identity crises and chemistry issues that cost them in the playoffs

With health and more focus on defense this season, the hopefully more consistent Spurs' chances look all right. This season you could say Duncan's the best big man which might go a long way, especially if Splitter and Kawhi keep improving

TrainOfThought5
01-17-2013, 01:52 PM

this playing against OKC+refs is just impossible task unless you have someone like Lebron to neutralize the favoritism. the Clippers are good. much much better than last year and anyone who scoffs at them as a threat is a fool. with that being said, if Baynes is who i think he is, and Pop figures out the backup PG problem i dont see ANY team to be afraid of, in my most humble of opinions.

And splitter needs to continue to be great.

urunobili
01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
West is deadly this year... Any team can take any contender to 7...

timtonymanu
01-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Other than OKC...

2. Clippers
3. Lakers
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies

spurraider21
01-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Clippers are tough but coaching matters more in the playoffs. I like our chances against Del Negro. OKC will get the whistles

silverblk mystix
01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Other than OKC...

2. Clippers
3. Lakers
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies

this

heyheymymy
01-17-2013, 04:11 PM
You guys dont think DEN would be tough? Prob would cost us some legs in a series with them.

lefty
01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Playoff time ..

Meltdown time in ST

timtonymanu
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
You guys dont think DEN would be tough? Prob would cost us some legs in a series with them.

Denver is absolute crap on the road. Spurs just have to win the first two home games and split the road games. I think they will challenge us for sure, but they don't like a squad that will upset us.

hater
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Spurs vs.

OKC - true underdogs. OKC >> Spurs or at least as good in evey single aspect
Clips - still underdogs. that's not even counting the refs yet. Seems clips run circles around us
Grizz - 7 game free for all. anyone can win
Lakers - Spurs favorites by a bit. Lakers always plays us tough

aal04
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
We got Grizzlies and lakers

Sincerely worried about OKC and clippers though.

I havent seen any roleplayers lift for SAS in years in the playoffs.

Thats my major concern.

Blake
01-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Other than OKC...

2. Clippers
3. Lakers
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies

The Rockets?

Srsly?

KaiRMD1
01-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Any team where Joey Crawford or Dick Bevetta refs

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 12:52 AM
not afraid of any team out west....

100%duncan
01-18-2013, 06:08 AM
Thunder. Tony needs to figure thabo out.

Dr. Robert Lee
01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
From a fan perspective, assuming all teams are relatively healthy,

Are you worried about any potential playoff team from the West other than the Thunder?

Clippers if they have HCA?

Grizz?
We'll prison rape any of the teams you mentioned. Bookmarket.

look_at_g_shred
01-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Me too!

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Spurs would be 3rd right now, but if Ginobili gets healthy and Duncan sustains his level of performance, they are even with the overrated Clippers IMO..

Memphis is trying to blow it up and has struggled since their hot start..Lakers are always a threat, but it doesn't appear that they will get it together this year..Denver's lack of shooting and basketball IQ is easily exploitable in the playoffs..Golden State is too green..

OKC is still the clear favorite, even without Harden..Durant is levels better than any player on the Spurs, Westbrook is just as good as Parker/Duncan, and the Spurs still haven't figured out how to neutralize Serge Ibaka..of course I haven't even mentioned their historic officiating advantage..

Richie
01-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Thunder. Tony needs to figure thabo out.

I'm not so sure this is the secret to beating the Thunder. If Thabo is on Parker, who is on Manu? If it's Martin then our offensive system will come down to that battle, and it's one that Manu should dominate. I think Hardens defence on Manu last year is underrated.

We're definitely underdogs no doubt, but I think the Thunder will struggle to replace Hardens playmaking down the stretch and his defence. I wouldn't mind us playing to limit Durant and keep the ball in Westbrooks hands, if he beats us then so be it.

Juggity
01-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Other than OKC...

2. Clippers
3. Lakers
4. Rockets
5. Grizzlies

I'd take the Lakers in a series over just about any other potential playoff team tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
01-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Besides OKC of course, I'd have to say the Grizzlies, they seem to play with a chip on their shoulder since last years sweep; and we can't forget out Playoff exit against them the year before last. So Memphis is the team I'd like to avoid.

Horse
01-18-2013, 01:48 PM
this playing against OKC+refs is just impossible task unless you have someone like Lebron to neutralize the favoritism. the Clippers are good. much much better than last year and anyone who scoffs at them as a threat is a fool. with that being said, if Baynes is who i think he is, and Pop figures out the backup PG problem i dont see ANY team to be afraid of, in my most humble of opinions.

And splitter needs to continue to be great.

Yeah last year was unbelievable what they got away with.