PDA

View Full Version : top 5 teams going into the season

theMUHMEshow
07-01-2005, 07:30 AM
I am just curious what your top 5 teams are going into the college football season. Please list in order.

1-USC
2-Texas
3-Michigan
4-LSU
5-Virginia Tech

samikeyp
07-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Did Va Tech get Marcus Vick back?

Jim Rome
07-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm Going To Go On Record To Say I Would Personally Give Head To Every Single Member Of The Usc Football Team.

No, Scratch That.

I'm Going To Go On Record To Say I Would Personally Give Head To Every Single Member Of Anyone Who Has Ever Used The Letters 'U' 'S' or 'C' During Their Lifespan.

Now If You'll Excuse Me, I Have To Answer Some Listeners' E-mails On My Blackberry.

Mr Dio
07-01-2005, 09:37 PM
1 - USC
2 - Texas
3 - Miami
4 - LSU
5 - Ohio State

word
07-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Can't do it. The polls are all over the place. I'll just say, if Texas gets by tOSU they will probably go undefeated and go to the Rose Bowl to play either USC or LSU.

Feel the Quan...

Oh and, OU is gonna lose between four and seven games this year. Texas, TT, aTm, UCLA, Nebraska, Kansas State, Oklahoma State all could beat 'em.

The very BEST they can hope for is a 7-4 season.

Yeah yeah...blo' me now sooner fans. You didn't recruit enough Texas boys to have a good year. We're about to see who AD really is and it ain't pretty.

I also predict OU will be in NCAA hot water again within 5 years. Why ? Well too much of Stoops salary is incentive pay for one and the pressure to win at OU will blur the lines once again. OU is in the top 5 of NCAA violators. They'll go back to their old habits, you watch.

msufan420
07-03-2005, 03:08 AM
1. USC
2. Tennessee
3. Ohio State
4.UT
5. Va Tech
49. Michigan State

GopherSA
07-04-2005, 01:39 AM
1. Michigan

2. Oklahoma

3. Ohio State

4. USC

5. Georgia

/-/

29. Texas A&M

/-/

38. Texas

Texas is simply the single most over-hyped program in the nation. They continually choke in the big games. They cry when they're not given the respect they were possibly due decades ago - but want it today. Texas is a bad joke in burnt orange.

They're like the Cubs of college football.

Here's a prediction:

Texas soundbite - October 8, 2005: "We would've won, but we were screwed by the refs and our QB got a little nervous."

Texas soundbite - December 2005: "There's no justice in us not getting a BCS bid -- even though we have three losses."

word
07-04-2005, 06:12 AM
Anyone who thinks OU is anywhere near a #2 team this year is off their rocker. They lost Jason White and what made him what he was, their ENTIRE offensive front line. OU's offense has some serious issues. AD is gonna earn those yards this year.

And Michigan #1 ? If MU is ranked 1 then Texas is ranked .05.

The hits just keep coming....

Mr Dio
07-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Texas is simply the single most...yada yada yada...in burnt orange.

I agree 100%!
No way should've kicked mich's ass in the Rose Bowl & embarassed the little 10 the way they did..ON NATIONAL TV!

Mr Dio
07-04-2005, 11:18 AM
OSU, the class of the Big 10.
mich..the ass of the Big 10.

mookie2001
07-04-2005, 03:54 PM
1. Michigan

2. Oklahoma

4. USC

/-/

29. Texas A&M

/-/

38. Texas

Texas is simply the single most over-hyped program in the nation. They continually choke in the big games. They cry when they're not given the respect they were possibly due decades ago - but want it today. Texas is a bad joke in burnt orange.

youre a dumbass gopher

texas beat michigan in the rosebowl, vince young went awol on them.

oklahoma is losing many many starters and 8th year heisman qb.

usc is the 2 time defending champs

texas has beat a&m everytime this century

the cubs lose a lot, texas does not

jalbre6
07-04-2005, 06:00 PM

Texas isn't the most overhyped team in the nation. They've won at least nine games a season since 1998, when Mack Brown got to Austin. I think they have the most total wins of any program in the BCS era.

When I think of perennial overhyped teams, I think Florida State. Last season Cal probably deserved that title.

Oh yeah, my list for top five teams:

(1) Southern Cal
(2) Tennessee
(3) Texas
(4) Michigan
(5) Iowa

I'd put OU about tenth or so, and that's just because of A-Pete.

scott
07-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm not ready to put together a top five - but I like Tennesse and Georgia as sleeper picks. Last year my sleeper picks at this time were Auburn and Va Tech... hopefully I get lucky like last year.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah, uh huh.

And my sleeper picks were Utah & Auburn.
Hindsight is 20-20 especially for liars.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:27 PM
I think Tennesse has the chance to be REALLY good this year. I also think that Michigan is going to be a beast this year, without a true freshman QB and running back. USC has to be among the top 5.

Until UT beats OU, I'll always consider the Sooners to be better.

scott
07-10-2005, 12:42 PM
I think Florida will be another team to watch. Leak is a monster and will be showcasing his skills for pro scouts. And if Urban Myer made Alex Smith a #1 pick, who knows what he can do with Leak.

Once again, SEC will be the conference to watch this year.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Until UT beats OU, I'll always consider the Sooners to be better.

Pssst, hey dumbass, it is about Top 5 teams..Not who is better than who last yr or 50 yrs ago.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Pssst, hey dumbass, it is about Top 5 teams..Not who is better than who last yr or 50 yrs ago.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

I've heard for each of the last, oh, 7-8 years how UT was going to be better than OU, and each of those years, OU has smacked down the Longhorns. Until Mack's boys prove that they can beat OU, I can't see how UT is a Top 5 team unless OU is one too.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah, this from an Ivy League Queen..You opinion holds no water ho.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, this from an Ivy League Queen..You opinion holds no water ho.

I thought football was football.

Again, what difference does it make where I went to school. I present a fact concerning "your school," and rather than address that, you start banging on my school.

violentkitten

Here's a prediction:

Texas soundbite - October 8, 2005: "We would've won, but we were screwed by the refs and our QB got a little nervous."

Texas soundbite - December 2005: "There's no justice in us not getting a BCS bid -- even though we have three losses."

:lol

amen.

Mr Dio
Football is football, so name the team you favor.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2005, 12:56 PM
Football is football, so name the team you favor.

I did.

You're not talking about the subject at hand.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:59 PM
You should try & stick to it.