PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Side of Japanese Beef self proclaims that he is the best 1 on 1 player...EVER

Man In Black
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
http://dimemag.com/2013/01/kobe-bryant-says-hes-the-best-1-on-1-player-ever/

He told ESPN’s Chris Palmer, “As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it.” That included LeBron, who he said would have no chance against him. That included Michael Jordan, who Bryant said might beat him a few games here or there with all of their matchups coming down to the last shots. It even included Kevin Durant, who was named as the current player Kobe thought would give him the most trouble.

If you self-proclaim...then you're simply lame. When you're that good, we will recognize it. And well...you're ego has gotten the best of you yet again Side of Beef.

-MIB

apalisoc_9
01-17-2013, 07:11 PM
http://dimemag.com/2013/01/kobe-bryant-says-hes-the-best-1-on-1-player-ever/

He told ESPN’s Chris Palmer, “As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it.” That included LeBron, who he said would have no chance against him. That included Michael Jordan, who Bryant said might beat him a few games here or there with all of their matchups coming down to the last shots. It even included Kevin Durant, who was named as the current player Kobe thought would give him the most trouble.

If you self-proclaim...then you're simply lame. When you're that good, we will recognize it. And well...you're ego has gotten the best of you yet again Side of Beef.

-MIB

LOL at tittle.

Guy is deluded as fck.

Drachen
01-17-2013, 07:21 PM
he says that he would beat jordan, but he didn't mention bird, though they were relatively evenly matched.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP_EujrbuIboPvvQAy426KRmsToa9ug SOzpRl3MO8uIWi32yo_2A

Juggity
01-17-2013, 07:26 PM
After this disastrous season, he'll be securely out of the conversation for top 10 players of all time.

All he'll have left to stand on is this empty one-on-one posturing; as if that were proof of value.

So it's important for him to get an early start on cementing his legacy.

Jt.ONE
01-17-2013, 07:44 PM
After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore.

:lol :lol

FkLA
01-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Giving himself his own nickname. Proclaiming himself the GOAT 1-on-1 player. What a narcissistic piece of shit.

Mugen
01-17-2013, 08:07 PM
He's definitely the best 1 v 5 player in history tbh.

AussieFanKurt
01-17-2013, 08:14 PM
He's definitely the best 1 v 5 player in history tbh.

:lol or maybe the only one dumb enough to try

ambchang
01-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Bs. Faber beat him bad in a game of one on one, forcing Japanese beef to play against himself in the next game. Not sure who won that one though.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Jordan would decimate Kobe 1 on 1, since between the two of them, only one plays defense.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 09:13 PM
:lmao at thinking beating T-Mac makes you the best 1 on 1 player ever. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Clipper Nation
01-17-2013, 09:15 PM
This is what would happen if Kobe played CP3 1-on-1....

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/6083649/cp33.0_standard_709.0.gif

sook
01-17-2013, 09:18 PM
:lmao at thinking beating T-Mac makes you the best 1 on 1 player ever. :lmao :lmao :lmao

When he was 20 and tmac was a rookie. Fuck tmac , but the logic of that comparison is retarded as fuck.

8FOR!3
01-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Prime T-Mac would school his ass 1 on 1.

ffadicted
01-17-2013, 09:37 PM
tbh I'm not a kobe hater and I try to defend him as often as possible... but fuck he says some stupid shit sometimes

Bynumite
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Reporter was asking the questions, do you honestly expected Kobe to say: "Every single one of those niggas would shit on me 1 on 1."

Kobe being the proud motherfucker that he is, of course he's gonna say that he's the best. The fact that he's a baller helps too.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Reporter was asking the questions, do you honestly expected Kobe to say: "Every single one of those niggas would shit on me 1 on 1."

Kobe being the proud motherfucker that he is, of course he's gonna say that he's the best. The fact that he's a baller helps too.

:lmao How about, "I think I could probably hold my own against some of the greats."? How about, "I don't know but I'd sure like to play MJ or Magic just to see how well I'd do."?

How about, "That's irrelevant because it's a team game."?

Nah. Kobe's gotta get his, even in interviews. Probably the most self-masturbatory figure in the history of pro sports.

Clipper Nation
01-17-2013, 09:56 PM
^ The goods :lol

whitemamba
01-17-2013, 10:24 PM
what does it matter.. tbh

racm
01-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Silly Kobe this isn't Rucker Park streetball

Cry Havoc
01-17-2013, 11:00 PM
what does it matter.. tbh

It sure fucking matters to Kobe "1-on-1" Bryant.

He probably still thinks he has too many teammates to pass to. :lol

irishock
01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Kobe sounds like Holden Caulfield tbh.

lefty
01-18-2013, 12:39 AM
Bump

:lmao

lefty
01-18-2013, 01:16 AM
8-24

Rummpd
01-18-2013, 01:28 AM
James and Durant should both tell Kobe to put the money on the table any time any where.

midnightpulp
01-18-2013, 01:35 AM
I'd be willing to bet there's dozens of streetball legends who'd annihilate Kirby (or Jordan or Lebron) one-on-one, which is a completely different animal from team basketball.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2013, 02:01 AM
recent article on realgm, tmac says he never played 1on1 with kome in germany...

someone is shit talking...

Baseline
01-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Of course Bryant thinks he's a great one-on-one player.

Just watch how he plays in the games. Guy thinks he's playing tennis, and the other four guys wearing purple and gold are ballboys.

KaiRMD1
01-18-2013, 02:38 AM
I think the Lakers slump has caused Kobe to lose his damn mind. He's been hanging around Peace way too long

Jordanobili2320
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225655/McGrady_Denies_Ever_Playing_Kobe_One_On_One_In_Ger many

LOL is Kobe that crazy he has to lie about this?

Danny.Zhu
01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225655/McGrady_Denies_Ever_Playing_Kobe_One_On_One_In_Ger many

LOL is Kobe that crazy he has to lie about this?

Kobrick was delutional...

stretch
01-18-2013, 11:39 AM
When it comes to pure 1-on-1 scoring ability, I think Carmello is the best scorer I have ever seen.

I don't see many people being able to beat Lebron 1-on-1 consistently. He isn't as offensively skilled as guys like Kobe or Jordan or Carmello, but physically he is just too much for anyone to handle, both offensively and defensively.

cd98
01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
One on One is a totally different game. I'd bet a guy like Ray Allen would probably beat Kobe more times than not. A guy that can hit threes, and if you play up on him, blow by you is going to win most of the time.

If you take 3s out of the equation, then Jordan owns Kobe, imho. To be honest, in that scenario, how could Kobe stop bigs like Shaq or Hakeem from scoring everytime.

Raven
01-18-2013, 02:31 PM
LOL.. shaq would just post him up all day long and dunk on him when he comes in the paint.. there is really nothing someone can do in a 1-1 when the one you're plaing against is both bigger and taller and knows how to use his body.

timvp
01-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Real Talk: Kobe probably would be top five ever in a dream tournament of the best ever. My only hesitation in saying that is his defense. Jordan, for example, was a great individual defender. Kobe never was a great individual defender. Ironically, Kobe has always thrived when allowed to be an off-the-ball help defender extraordinaire.

Kobe might fall more in the Larry Bird category of where it comes down to who gets the ball first, tbh.

Obviously, to anyone with brain cells that are firing correctly, Jordan would clearly dominate a one-on-one tournament.

Cry Havoc
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Real Talk: Kobe probably would be top five ever in a dream tournament of the best ever. My only hesitation in saying that is his defense. Jordan, for example, was a great individual defender. Kobe never was a great individual defender. Ironically, Kobe has always thrived when allowed to be an off-the-ball help defender extraordinaire.

Kobe might fall more in the Larry Bird category of where it comes down to who gets the ball first, tbh.

Obviously, to anyone with brain cells that are firing correctly, Jordan would clearly dominate a one-on-one tournament.

I'd actually like to see Wilt. I think he'd stand a chance. People who say he was a slow big man never researched/watched him play. Dude was a track star/high jump athlete who became a world class volleyball player at 45 years old. I think he'd be a really tough out in a 1v1. With his freakish length he could back off and just play safe D until you pulled up for a J. Kobe's patented jump into the defender would wind up with him on his ass and a free point for the other guy. No baller in the world would allow that shit on a streetcourt hoop.

Cry Havoc
01-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Magic and LeBron would be really tough too, because they can basically guard any position, so the PGs wouldn't have much of an advantage on them, and neither would the centers.

timvp
01-18-2013, 04:55 PM
I'd actually like to see Wilt. I think he'd stand a chance. People who say he was a slow big man never researched/watched him play. Dude was a track star/high jump athlete who became a world class volleyball player at 45 years old. I think he'd be a really tough out in a 1v1. With his freakish length he could back off and just play safe D until you pulled up for a J. Kobe's patented jump into the defender would wind up with him on his ass and a free point for the other guy. No baller in the world would allow that shit on a streetcourt hoop.

Wilt was about as competitive as Matt Bonner, though, unfortunately. I don't think he'd do too well in this hypothetical tournament, IMO.

stretch
01-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Magic and LeBron would be really tough too, because they can basically guard any position, so the PGs wouldn't have much of an advantage on them, and neither would the centers.

Lebron yes, Magic no. Magic was an absolutely atrocious defender. Speedy guards would eat him alive.

stretch
01-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Wilt was about as competitive as Matt Bonner, though, unfortunately. I don't think he'd do too well in this hypothetical tournament, IMO.

Wilt was bigger and stronger than everyone, yet got dominated by the few legit big men he faced, all of whom are considerably smaller than him (Russell, Kareem, Reed).

Wilt is the most overrated player ever.

ambchang
01-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Hakeem would do well.

stretch
01-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Hakeem would do well.

:tu

Amaso
01-18-2013, 05:29 PM
MJ spent his entire career going 1 on 1 against undersized guards, I'm pretty sure he's the best to ever do it.

Fabbs
01-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Wilt was bigger and stronger than everyone, yet got dominated by the few legit big men he faced, all of whom are considerably smaller than him (Russell, Kareem, Reed).

Wilt is the most overrated player ever.
:lmao Wilt got dominated.
Couldn't possibly have been Russells teamates being far better then Wilts.