PDA

View Full Version : NBA: All-Star reserves..

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Who would you have as reserves for the ASG?..

Your own list, rather than your predictions..

I'd go..

G Irving
G Holliday
F Pierce
F Boozer
C Bosh
C Lopez
C Chandler

I could easily alternate with Paul George, Josh Smith and Joakim Noah, but I left them off..

G Curry
G Harden
G Westbrook
G Parker
F Lee
F Randolph
C Duncan

Very difficult..

racm
01-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Can't disagree, tbh... Pierce is iffy though, 3 All-Stars from the 7th seed? :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
I thought about that, but Pierce has been their best player, tbh..

BRHornet45
01-19-2013, 12:14 AM
Duncan has no business being in the All Star game if we're talking about talent and most deserving (by stats), but if you're talking about a popularity contest then yea put him in.

rayjayjohnson
01-19-2013, 12:25 AM
C'mon BR, I know you hate him, but that's retard talk

Pelicans78
01-19-2013, 12:26 AM
This is the All-Star team I would have done

West

C - Duncan
PF - Griffin
SF - Durant
SG - Kobe
PG - CP3

C - Gasol
F - Lee
F - Ibaka
F - Randolph
G - Harden
G - Westbrook
G - Parker

Curry was the last guy off.

East

C - Chandler
F - Anthony
F - Lebron
G - Wade
G - George Hill (weird right? but a big reason why the Pacers are 3rd in the East)

C - Bosh
C - Lopez
C - Noah
F - David West
F - Paul George
G - Deron Williams
G - Rondo

Horford was the last guy left off. Wanted to shoot myself trying to fill out the East's roster.

BRHornet45
01-19-2013, 12:28 AM
C'mon BR, I know you hate him, but that's retard talk

no its not.

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Duncan has no business being in the All Star game if we're talking about talent and most deserving (by stats), but if you're talking about a popularity contest then yea put him in.

Take a break from your expired shticks, tbh..

rayjayjohnson
01-19-2013, 12:30 AM
no its not.

When he started the AS game in LA two years ago, that was a travesty.

this year he's out of his mind. He should be starting over Bible. And that's real talk.

Clipper Nation
01-19-2013, 12:32 AM
West:

C - Tim Duncan
F - David Lee
F - Zach Randolph
G - James Harden
G - Russell Whistlebrick
G - Tony Parker
G - Jamal Crawford

East:

C - Chris Bosh
C - Brook Lopez
C - Joakim Noah
F - Luol Deng
F - David West
G - Jrue Holliday
G - Kyrie Irving

Clipper Nation
01-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Didn't know the West could have 8 reserves unless Crawford is the team mascot.

I already fixed it... I was wondering why my West bench lineup looked so much longer than my East one :lol

BRHornet45
01-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Take a break from your expired shticks, tbh..

17 and 9 is not All Star caliber

HarlemHeat37
01-19-2013, 12:55 AM
17 and 9 is not All Star caliber

:lol Stern killing your shtick
:lol Drew Brees

thunderup
01-19-2013, 12:58 AM
Duncan belongs in the All-Star game. He should also be starting as the quality of centers in the west is of the lowest in years. Just my opinion.

Dunc n Dave
01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
West:

C - Tim Duncan
F - David Lee
F - Zach Randolph
G - James Harden
G - Russell Westbrook
G - Tony Parker
G - Stephen Curry

Injury Replacement Player: Lamarcus Aldridge

East:

F - Chris Bosh
C - Brook Lopez
F - Josh Smith
F - Paul Pierce
G - Kyrie Irving
G - Paul George
G - Jrue Holliday

Injury Replacement Player - Luol Deng or Tyson Chandler

Sean Cagney
01-19-2013, 01:30 AM

Still the dumbass your silly ass always was sons....

Sean Cagney
01-19-2013, 01:32 AM

this year he's out of his mind. He should be starting over Bible. And that's real talk.

YESSIRRRRRRRRRR, fully agree! Two years ago NO, this year YES, he is playing all star level this year.

scanry
01-19-2013, 02:36 AM

BR typing stuff backwards.

jeebus
01-19-2013, 10:54 AM
BRFevertrees bringing the bads once again.

Ace
01-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Paul George definitely should be in, tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
01-19-2013, 12:05 PM
West

C-Duncan
F-Faried
F-David Lee
G-Ty Lawson
G-Matt Barnes
G-J Crawford
G-Lillard

E

C- Brook Lopez
C-Noah
F-Garnett
G-B Jennings
G-P. George
G-Kyrie Irving

Jodelo
01-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Paul George definitely should be in, tbh.

This!

Bill_Brasky
01-19-2013, 12:39 PM

I'm curious as to who you think deserves to go instead.

Richie
01-19-2013, 01:06 PM
West:

C - Tim Duncan
F - David Lee
F - Zach Randolph
G - James Harden
G - Russell Westbrook
G - Tony Parker
G - Stephen Curry

Injury Replacement Player: Lamarcus Aldridge

This. First 6 slots should be locks, final spot between Curry/Aldridge/Gasol IMO.

irishock
01-19-2013, 01:07 PM
KG and Rondo didn't deserve it. Pierce should definitely be on there.

Calispursfan11
01-19-2013, 01:55 PM

That is the first retarded thing BR has said in some time tbh... You haven't been watching the Spurs this year.

Juggity
01-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Duncan is a top 7 MVP candidate and a top 3 DPOY candidate this year. He should be starting in the all star game.

Warlord23
01-19-2013, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't put Duncan in the top 10 NBA players at this time, but he is the best PF AND the best C in the league at the moment, both statistically and based on team success.

He is #6 in the NBA in PER, and this is when his usage rate is higher than all PFs and Cs in the Western Conference except for K. Love, L. Aldridge and D. Cousins. His defense has been top notch this year. He's #1 in the league in defensive rating, and is averaging his highest blocks per game since his 02-03 season. His performance may not hold up over 82 games, but what he's done in the first half of the season is astonishing at his age.

Juggity
01-19-2013, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't put Duncan in the top 10 NBA players at this time, but he is the best PF AND the best C in the league at the moment, both statistically and based on team success.

Based on performance this season, I think he's definitely in the top 10 current NBA players. Who would you say is better that knocks him out of the top 10?

Warlord23
01-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Based on performance this season, I think he's definitely in the top 10 current NBA players. Who would you say is better that knocks him out of the top 10?

I'd take LeBron, Durant, CP3, Rose, Carmelo, Westbrook, Parker, Wade, Harden, Kobe and Dirk above Duncan. Granted that Rose is injured and Dirk just recovering from injury, so TD technically squeaks into the top 10.

Killakobe81
01-19-2013, 07:11 PM

This ...

Killakobe81
01-19-2013, 07:13 PM
That is the first retarded thing BR has said in some time tbh... You haven't been watching the Spurs this year.
Lol first?! But he just doing his thing hating on freebies Duncan Kobe and Stern everyone knows Duncan is deserving 2 seasons ago he did not ...

Juggity
01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
I'd take LeBron, Durant, CP3, Rose, Carmelo, Westbrook, Parker, Wade, Harden, Kobe and Dirk above Duncan. Granted that Rose is injured and Dirk just recovering from injury, so TD technically squeaks into the top 10.

I wouldn't take Wade, Kobe, Dirk, or Rose over Duncan this season.

Latarian Milton
01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
it'd be a profanity for the west to not call up duncan AND dirk tbh, niggas fucking owned the west for more than a decade and they certainly deserve the equal honor given to kobe tbh

timtonymanu
01-19-2013, 09:05 PM
East:
Guards: Irving, George
Forwards: Josh Smith, Bosh, Pierce
Center: Noah, Lopez

West:

Guards: Parker, Harden, Westbrook, Curry
Forwards: Randolph, Lee
Center: Duncan

jeebus
01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Lol first?! But he just doing his thing hating on freebies Duncan Kobe and Stern everyone knows Duncan is deserving 2 seasons ago he did not ...

son he added "in some time", which is true. since Duncan has been having a great year, BRMosquito has been quiet about Too Tired Timmy as of late.

Dunc n Dave
01-19-2013, 11:19 PM
East:
Guards: Irving, George
Forwards: Josh Smith, Bosh, Pierce
Center: Noah, Lopez

You gonna put Noah on the team and leave Jrue Holiday off? Holiday is averaging 19pt and 9 asts. I can't see the east coaches taking only 2 guards for the reserves. Holiday or possibly DWill will make the reserves.

DMC
01-20-2013, 12:10 AM

Dirk just started playing again. Really? So you pick guys from what they did last year to say they are in the top 10 right now? Do you know how this works?

buttsR4rebounding
01-20-2013, 12:20 PM

Duncan is 7th in the league in effeciency. In eff/48 minutes he is 2nd, only behind LBJ. At least check the stats before you talk out of your ass...in reality, he is having a better season than both Blake Griffin and Dwight Howard.

TD 21
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Who would you have as reserves for the ASG?..

Your own list, rather than your predictions..

I'd go..

G Irving
G Holliday
F Pierce
F Boozer
C Bosh
C Lopez
C Chandler

I could easily alternate with Paul George, Josh Smith and Joakim Noah, but I left them off..

G Curry
G Harden
G Westbrook
G Parker
F Lee
F Randolph
C Duncan

Very difficult..

This. Well done for not penalizing Pierce because the fans are idiots, for not thinking the vastly overrated Marc Gasol should be a lock and for not thinking the Warriors shouldn't have two All-Stars for no reason other than they're the Warriors.

Not having a Pacer is difficult, but this shouldn't be about politics (it almost always is though); it should be about who's most deserving. And unfortunately for George, Garnett, who shouldn't have even made the team, took what should be his spot.